The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

More Guild Slots in Next DLC?

• RT01100111
    RT01100111
    ✭✭✭
    @idk I agree with your strategy for removing non-value added members when space is limited.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RT01100111 wrote: »
    Or, ZOS could introduce a monthly 'fee' for having a guild bank. 100k per month charged to the guild gold? That could discourage fraud more so, but I doubt it would be feasible.

100k per week is nothing for many players. Maybe a million a month would work.

As I said starting out, Zos has already acknowledged people have asked for more guild slots. They seem interested in making that happen eventually. Since it does impact server performance they have to get that fixed before they can add things like this because server performance is much more important than more guild slots.
    Edited by idk on July 1, 2020 1:44AM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @idk I agree with your strategy for removing non-value added members when space is limited.

It has nothing to do with space being limited. The best guild I am in, actually, the three best guilds I have ever been in, have never been at maximum members. Two of which removed players if they are not participating with the guild. It is not about freeing up a slot as there are a couple of hundred empty slots, it is about not having members in name only. If you are not doing something with our guild we do not need you.

The two worst guilds I have been in were at the 500 member cap. One would boast they were full and people had to justify kicking a member to make room for them. Over half of that guild had not logged in for months and most of the rest never did anything with the guild. Both of these guilds were had bad leaders.
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    More guild slots is a nice idea, but it in no way should be connected to anything monetary. No crown store, no ESO+ benefit etc. Should be base game and same for everyone.
  • RT01100111
    RT01100111
    ✭✭✭
    @Hapexamendios About 1 free guild slot for everyone? The rest cost a slight fee? This would help encourage members to only get a additional guild slot is strongly desired.
  • faeeichenlaub
    faeeichenlaub
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Hapexamendios About 1 free guild slot for everyone? The rest cost a slight fee? This would help encourage members to only get a additional guild slot is strongly desired.

I agree with this... At least the guild you create for yourself should be exempt.
    "Azura give me strength, Let my voice change the world as long as I am in it."
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @kargen27 that bank space issue could partially be averted by requiring 30 active members (last online within 30 days) vs just 30 members in roster.

While I love my personal guild, this isn't a bad solution.

On the other hand, it increases the chances I go on hiatus between chapter and major DLC drops as inventory management is horrible in this game.
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    About 1 free guild slot for everyone? The rest cost a slight fee? This would help encourage members to only get a additional guild slot is strongly desired.

If you want to go one that's fine too. I'm just don't think it should be monetized.
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm happy with 5 guilds. Honestly, the only purpose guilds have is for traders currently. Anything else can be accomplished by friends list and discord servers. I'd be quite happy if the current members of all my guilds participated more, not less (by diluting their guilds even further).

However, if someone really wants 10+ guild slots, who am I to say they're wrong. It should most definitely not be a monetized addition though.
    People shouldn't have to rely on a third party client to play the game, and friends lists can be limiting considering not everyone has a full one (and even for people who do, how often do you actually legit talk to those 100 people regularly enough that you could call on any number of them at any time to do x content?). Guilds allow for a wider pool of people to pull from, which inherently makes them more effective.
    5 is more than enough
    Tell me how 5 being more than enough for you equates to it being enough for everyone, please, keeping in mind that not everyone plays the game the same way you do or does the same, potentially limited, number of things you might invest your time in while playing.

There are a wide variety of things you can do in this game, and while yes, you can claim that some guilds can be grouped together ("oh well fishing and PvE and doing Justice System stuff can all be one guild!"), more often than not a lot of these guilds focus specifically on one thing and calls to do something else other than that one thing will hardly, if ever, go answered. People who join a fishing guild don't join it because they also want to quest or go do dungeons, they join it because they want to fish. A person who joins a trial guild doesn't join it because they want to go fishing or steal and launder things, they join it to find people to clear trials with.

Because a lot of guilds tend to specialize (and yes I know that there are 'social' guilds that do a little bit of everything, or most everything, and also that joining y guild doesn't mean you won't ever get bites for x content if you ask), having only five guild slots can indeed be very limiting for people, especially the RP community where people might be part of two or three different legit RP Guilds.

All that being said, if ZOS has said they won't do it b/c of performance/server issues, that means it likely isn't going to happen any time soon, seeing how performance has been tanking lately. However, if they can get all that sorted out, I definitely think they should expand the number of guild slots we have (and without putting it in the CS, please; ZOS already monetizes enough in this game).

Edited b/c apparently I couldn't decide if I wanted to consider guild a proper noun or not for half this post.
    Edited by Arunei on July 1, 2020 7:07AM
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • RT01100111
    RT01100111
    ✭✭✭
    Other than the position that the current system is good as is or need to be reduced. How many more guild slots would be considered too many?
  • azjuwelz
    azjuwelz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it's time Zos reviewed both the guild max allowed per player and also the 30 item limit.
    Xbox-NA
    Guildmaster of Nightmothers Deadly Deals

PVE/PVP Stamblade: Ylandra Silverthorn
    PVE Magwarden healer: Raw'zl Dah Zel
    PVE DK Tank: Greta Feuerwerk
    PVP StamDK: Helga Feuerwerk
    PVP Necro Healer: Dratha Helbain
    PVE Magcro: Dorian Fey
    PVE Magblade: Arivssa Thaoral
    PVE Magsorc: Eldara Birchwood
  • RT01100111
    RT01100111
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone link prior thread for this topic so we can continue off of that older thread with a current thought.
  • Grila
    Grila
    ✭✭
    I don't think the problem here is "not enough guild-slots", but bad game design.

1. If we had an exchange, none would need a trading guild.
    2. Make a difference between "account-bank" and "character-bank". Voila! Doubled inventory space per character.
    3. For those kind of raidin you need a guild, you also always need teamspeak/discord, so you can - like said by others - communicate via these or friendlist (which shouldn't be limited in that case).
    4. For roleplayin, do it the "old way" with a forum. You can also share your characters background and vacation photos there!
    5. For stuff you can do in a small group you would join one guild, which fitts your interests most. Normally guilds a very social places, those people do things with you, if you ask them (unless you have "special guilds" as in eso...).

Overall did giving more than one guild slot totally ruin the concept of "guild". Ya know, formerly a "guild" was the one place where you met your friends and was, well, just playin the game. And as I said, if you asked one of your friends to do some fishin with you, I believe, he would help you. Cause its social.
  • ItsJustHashtag
    ItsJustHashtag
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just be thankful ZOS allowed players to have more than 1 guild.
  • RT01100111
    RT01100111
    ✭✭✭
    @Grila I think reducing the number of guilds would cause many people to leave the game and lose ZOS considerable money. It's a huge selling point for this game, a unique feature.

How about this as a compromise. To reduce the need for multiple guilds for trader guilds, introduce a new feature that has the player choose a primary guild, which can only be set 1 time per week. That guild will have 2x to 3x time trading capacity. 60 to 90 rather than 30. We could keep the number of guild slots to 5 and this could fix some other issues with trading.
    Edited by RT01100111 on July 6, 2020 1:13PM
  • RT01100111
    RT01100111
    ✭✭✭
    You can already buy up to 10 additional characters with 200 storage each, when maxed.
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I for one would welcome the chance for a few extra guild slots.

Why? Not because the guilds I am are not well run, or fail to meet their need, because they do that.

I have:

Private guild with a few friends
    Social Guild
    PvP Guild
    Trader 1
    Trader 2

I would like to join a housing guild (but have no space) and maybe in the future a trials guild (again no space), a second social or PvP guild isn't ruled out either.

But i can't do this as I would have to leave one or more of the five and i can't do that because they all serve a purpose.

The only was I can currently see 5 being enough is if (a) Bank Space gets doubled or trebled or (b) the trading system gets changed so we no longer had Guild Traders, but that's a thread all by itself (and I'm quite happy with the Guild Traders)
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Limited guild slots and limited sale slots per guild are here for a reason. With unlimited slots for sale player can put any price in hope to sell an item in 25-30 days. With limited slots for sale player should make a choice whether he puts a high price (and has less sale slots for a long time) or he puts low price (and has this sale slot free soon enough to sell another item in the same slot). If you don't have enough slots, lower you prices.
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do people who don't find five guilds enough in ESO cope in other MMOs given that the standard arrangement is one guild?

Would a compromise solution that would probably also deal with any performance issues be for guild membership to be tied to the character rather than the account? That would enable players to spread guild membership between different characters if they wished, or they could enlist all their characters in the same guild if they preferred.

I suspect in any event that this is mainly about tying up most or all of the five guild slots for trading, so if we could just have a decent trading system that was open to all and not conditional on guild membership and auction bidding for traders there'd be more than enough slots for all other things.
  • RT01100111
    RT01100111
    ✭✭✭
    @Tandor that would not work. That would require a huge rework and pose other issues.
    Although, I like the idea. Just adding 5 more guilds to the account would be easier than having 20 guilds at 1 per character.
  • RT01100111
    RT01100111
    ✭✭✭
    @Olauron I agree that a limit for number of sales is a better idea. Would there be a way to have 5 more guild slots but not have additional slots to sell stuff in. Sort of, you pick the 5 guilds that you want as trader guilds. Then you can join 5 other guilds for fun.