The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Midyear Mayhem for No-PVP Pacifists (June 2020)

VaranisArano
VaranisArano
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I want to be very upfront about one thing: You cannot avoid the risk of PVP during Midyear Mayhem if you want event tickets. You do not have to fight back or kill other players, but Cyrodiil, Imperial City, and (obviously) Battlegrounds are all PVP-enabled zones. PVP will happen. Players will attack you.
If you queue into a PVP-enabled zone, you are 100% consenting to engage in PVP and should expect that other people will fight you. Do not expect that people will respect questers and you will be pleased and gratified if it happens instead of disappointed when people attack you in a PVP enabled zone

You don't have to fight other players.
There's no guarantee that other players won't fight you if they find you.
We clear?
Good.

However, there are ways to get the Event Tickets without actually having to do any fighting or killing other players, so long as you accept the risk that other players will fight and probably kill your character. There is also one method that will let you get an event ticket without any PVP on your part at all if you are willing to be very patient and lucky.

What you need to do to prepare:
You need to minimize your exposure and time spent doing quests. To that end, prepare in these ways.
  1. Queue into one of the lower population campaigns. Seriously, the less people around, the better it is for you. Usually ZOS spins up new campaigns for Midyear Mayhem which are perfect for this. If you can do the questing at non-primetime hours, even better.
  2. Use your fast horse. Having a fast horse will allow you to reach distant quest areas faster, escape other players, and complete your quests quicker. It also makes it much less painful if you get killed and have to ride back to your quest area. If you don't have Rapid Manuevers unlocked, do the "Welcome to Cyrodiil" quest you get at your Alliance Base - there's no PVP involved and you'll get enough AP to unlock Rapid Manuevers which is a big speed boost for your mount. If you are new to Cyrodiil, I recommend doing the quest instead of just talking to the Grand Warlord because it explains the transitus shrines to "fast travel" around Cyrodiil pretty well.
  3. Get stealthy. Bring invisibility potions or other stealthy gear if you want to avoid other players. Be aware, stealth works on players but players also have means of detecting you! Use line of sight to your advantage. Finally, if you are creeping around in stealth, other players who see you may assume you are a ganker waiting to pounce, so don't be surprised if you do get attacked.
  4. Get tanky. For a pacifist run, this may seem odd. After all, you aren't going to fight back. However, gankers often go for low health, squishy targets so by getting tankier, you have a better chance of not getting targeted.

The Quests for Pacifists
Event Tickets are gained from the following methods: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/58421
2 tickets from any of the Cyrodiil/Battlegrounds quests
Battleground quests from Battlemaster Rivyn
Scouting, Battle, Warfront, and Conquest Missions
Elder Scroll capture and recapture quests
Town quests in Vlastarus, Bruma, Cropsford, Cheydinhal, and Chorrol
2 tickets from any Imperial City District daily
Imperial City daily quests (no longer requires IC main quest completion)

Scouting: (VERY EASY) Obtained from your Alliance Base quest boards, this quest will send you to a random enemy-controlled resource, where the quest will prompt you to stop, jot down a few notes and return to base. This is easily completed from stealth, usually requires lots of riding.

Battle: Capture a Resource - (MEDIUM) Obtained from your Alliance Base quest boards, the quest will send you to capture a random enemy controlled resource. You can get credit by being presetn when your alliance captured the resource or you can solo a resource yourself. As long as no enemy players show up to defend the resource, this is an entirely PVE fight. There will be guards defending a tower, worker NPCs, and a few wandering guards. You need to kill the guards standing on the flag and stand on it long enough for the flag to change color to your alliance. Other people may have slightly different tactics they can share. When I solo a resource, I typically kill the guards at the entrance to the tower along with any nearby wanderers, go into the tower to kill the mage at the top, then rush out to kill the four guards on the flag. (I save my ultimate for players, but for a pacifist run, go ahead and ulti drop the guards on the flag.) The guards do respawn, so it may take some practice to get the timing right so you can kill them all and flip the flag. Be aware that other players can see on their map (and on PC, their addons) when a resource flag is being flipped by another alliance.

Conquest: (HARD) Capture 9 Resources - same thing as above, just 9 different resources, obtained from the Conquest quest board.

Capture a Keep/Outpost: (HARD) If you have the quest active and you are on the grounds of the keep or outpost when it is captured by your alliance, you will get credit for the quest, whether or not you participated in the battle. Obviously, there's a high risk of PVP involvement with this one, even though technically you don't have to PVP to complete it.

Conquest: (HARD) Capture 3 keeps/outposts, same thing as above, just 3 different keeps/outposts, obtained from the Conquest quest board.

Conquest: Capture All 3 Towns - (HARD) Obtained from the Conquest Board, this quest requires you to take the flags (or be present when the town is captured for your alliance) at Vlastarus, Bruma, Cropsford. Each town has 3 flags that all need to be turned. Two flags have NPC guards, and the last flag has no guards. Like with resources, the guards will respawn and can turn the flag back to their alliance, so I recommend starting with the non-NPC flag so you have time to kill the others and flip their flags. You may run into enemy players who are questing in the town or enemy PVPers looking to capture the town for their alliance transitus. Bruma has a a Dark Anchor which can also complicate matters. While you can do this method, its one of the harder ways to get your event ticket compared to...

Cyrodiil Town Quests (VERY EASY)
The Cyrodiil Town Quests are easy, entirely PVE objective quests where the real threat comes from other players. Remember that Bruma, Vlastarus, and Cropsford have Alliance flags and matching NPCs who may oppose you if you are the other alliances or help you if you are the matching one. Also remember that even though you are pursuing a PVE quest, the entire zone of Cyrodiil is PVP-enabled and that some PVPers can and will watch these quest spots so they can easily fill their own PVP Bounty quests. In short, its really easy questing unless an enemy player spots you and then it gets really hard :)
(PVP Flags) Bruma: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Bruma
(PVP Flags) Vlastarus: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Vlastarus
(PVP Flags) Cropsford: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Cropsford
Chorrol: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Chorrol ; https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Weynon_Priory
Cheydinhal: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Cheydinhal

Imperial City Daily Quests (EASY, no longer requires Sublime Protector achievement)
Each Imperial City District has a daily quest. The quests themselves are pretty simple "Kill X enemy to gather Y item and do Z thing" type quests. Like the Town Quests, most of the difficulty is intended to come from other players in the area.
Note: Imperial City has a lot of miniboss mobs. The quest bosses for the Arena and Temple district quests may be more difficult for solo players to tackle. Imperial City's close quarters and Tel Var also attracts a lot of gankers, so be prepared to be attacked even if you are obviously questing. Items like the "Sigil of Imperial Retreat" purchaseable in your sewer base can be very helpful for getting back to safety quickly. If you need to leave the Imperial City entirely, you can queue for one of the Cyrodiil campaigns.

How to get Event Tickets without any PVP at all on your part (Just a LOT of Patience and Luck)
There is one quest that awards an Event Ticket that does not require you to leave the safety of your Alliance Gates at all.

Capture/Recapture an Elder Scroll

However, it requires a certain about of patience and luck.
You must have the correct Elder Scroll quest and be in Cyrodiil.
Your alliance must capture the Elder Scroll and place it in its Scroll Temple or in a home keep.
When the Elder Scroll is placed in its Temple/Home Keep, everyone in Cyrodiil with the quest gets credit for it.

This method is best used on a populated, competitive campaign, because you are depending entirely on the PVPers in your alliance to go out, captue/recapture a scroll, and share the quest with you (unless you were lucky enough to get it from the Grand Warlord before your alliannce grabbed the scroll). Be aware that once your alliance holds the Elder Scroll, you cannot obtain that quest from the Grand Warlord and it must be shared with you.

What to do when you die (because its PVP and everyone dies)
  • Try not to get upset. Everyone dies in PVP-enabled zones, especially if you are choosing not to fight back for pacifist reasons. More power to you for going for the event tickets anyway!
  • Rez up at your nearest home keep, ride back and try again.
  • If you keep dying to the same person, you've got a couple choices. 1) Try to quest somewhere else. 2) Go to zone chat and say "LFG for Town Quests" or form your own group so you can get assistance and be less of a target, 3) Go to zone chat, say "So-and-so is being a jerk to questers, can anyone help me out?" The PVPers will probably laugh and make fun of both you and the ganker and maybe someone will swing by and clear him out for you or offer to group up and help with the questing.
  • Ignore the jerks. Some PVPers can be rude with they kill you. Don't let them stress you out and the best way to deal with them is to ignore them. Telling them you are a quester or replying to or with hate tells usually only makes it worse. If you do receive a tell you think is against the TOS, however, go ahead and report that.
  • There are some quest-giver buildings where combat is enabled despite requiring you to pass through a load screen. If enemy players have set up inside those buildings, you might well be dead before you load in. Don't bang your head against a wall trying to pry them out. (This is technically not an exploit, but feel free to inform ZOS anyway because IMO, ZOS ought to fix those buildings.) The same is true of the Imperial City sewer exits from your base - if players are killing you in a load screen, bypass them by using the ladders in your base to go to the Districts, then reenter the sewers.

I myself am going to be happily PVPing this Midyear Mayhem. For everyone who hates PVP for varied and entirely valid reasons and wants these Event Tickets anyway, I wish you the best of luck during this Event and hope this guide helps you obtain your desire.

Best of luck!

Additional Quests for Players who want to try out PVP
Even though ESO PVP has changed since 2018, this is still an overall solid guide to PVP: Joy's 2018 Advice for Midyear Mayhem

Bounty: Kill 20 Players / 20 Sorcs/Wardens/Templars/etc: (EASY-HARD)
Note: This quest is technically not listed as giving event tickets, but the Conquest version of it is.
The difficulty of this quest depends on your playstyle. If you are new to PVP, here are some tips for scoring easy kills:
  • Group up with other PVPers. You'll see plenty of LFG and guild groups picking up players from zone chat. Don't be shy! Strength in numbers is a great thing in PVP when you are new. If you do join a group, try to stick with the group and follow whoever has the crown symbol. Grouping up will also give you credit from your groupmates' kills, though note that you must get the killing blow for achievements like Wrath of the Whitestrake.
  • Grab siege weapons and use them when capturing or defending a keep. Oils and Meatbag Catapults are your best siege weapons versus players., along with any coldfire weapons you get from the rewards. Ballistas and Trebuchets are effective against walls. If you are having trouble getting killing blows for achievements, siege weapons are a great tool!
Conquest: Kill 40 Players
Same as above, just more players. I've had issues with this quest before, so if you are grouped up and not getting credit for kills, try fighting solo alongside the group and see if you get credit.

Battlegrounds (EASY-HARD)
Let the Games Begin: Participate in five Battlegrounds matches.
Test of Mettle: Earn one thousand Medal Points in a Battleground (Not necessarily in one match, I believe)
To the Victor: Win three Battlegrounds matches.
Again, the difficulty of these quests depends on your playstyle and the opponents you'll face. A few tips:
  • Stick with your teammates. Again, there is strength in numbers. If you've got Heals Over Time, use them proactively, and cross-heal your teammates when you can.
  • Play the Objective. If its a Capture the Relic match, don't play it like a Deathmatch. I found it really helpful to read over the different gamemodes before I started Battlegrounds the first time: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Battlegrounds
  • Adjust your build for No CP. If you normally play with CP, the biggest difference you'll feel is the lack of sustain. It'll feel like you are constantly running low on resources. So consider using a gear set (in impenetrable!) that boosts your resources as well as food/potions that give you resources.

Again best of luck!
Edited by VaranisArano on June 23, 2020 12:15AM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    General Tips for Imperial City
    Come prepared. Just like you would prepare for a tough bit of PvE content, prepare for the unique challenges of the Imperial City. Here's some specific ways:
    • DO NOT assume or hope that enemy players will let you pass unharmed. Imperial City is a Player v Player v Environment zone and you are a fair target, just like they are a fair target to their enemy alliances. There is NO safe conduct for anyone in the Imperial City. Treat it like the War Zone that it is. You must be prepared for enemy players (or you must accept that by not preparing, you are preparing to die miserably.)
    • Team up with other members of your alliance. There is strength in numbers. - fortunately, Imperial City is busier during Midyear Mayhem, so you should be able to find other members of your alliance. Options for finding groups include: forming your own group before you queue for IC, ask if your guilds are running an IC group, asking in zone chat within your home base, or asking in zone chat in the sewers or districts. Having other players around makes you a less likely target for gankers or small groups and gives you a better chance of defeating the larger groups that come to farm the bosses or Molag Bal.
    • Read up on the mechanics and maps of the Districts and Sewers beforehand like you would prepare for a new dungeon or trial. Going in blind can make for a great challenge, but it also makes things a lot harder than they need to be. If you need to refresh your memory, find an out of the way spot and sneak before you check your map.
    • Build Tanky and Heal Proactively. Its tempting to build for the sort of PVE DPS you need to take on the bosses, but in reality, the enemy players are the greatest danger you will face. Building tanky will make you less of an obviously weak target for gankers and make fights more forgiving when you make mistakes. Healing proactively keeps you out of execute range. If you can, a cheap set of impenetrable gear can help against critical attacks and it will keep your gear repair needs low.
    • If you are helping to capture a flag, hold block and be alert for bombers.
    • If you are just standing around or need to check your map or bags, sneak and find an out of the way spot first.
    • If a player keeps killing you or you see a large group coming, moving to a different area is often the better part of valor, unless you really like banging your head against a wall.
    • Bring Invisibility Potions. If you can't fight the enemy, the best thing to do is sneak by them.
    • Bring Detect Potions. Detecting a ganker or a bomber can give you precious reaction time in a fight.
    • Bring Repair Kits. Your armor won't take damage from PvP deaths, but you'll fight enough daedra that your armor will get battered. Remember, you need to return to your home base to find an NPC who can repair it otherwise.
    • Clear your inventory of unnecessary stuff. When I farm Tel Var, I pick up a bunch of useless junk in the process of killing NPCs, and its dangerous to have to stop in the middle of farming to clear space in my inventory if I decide "Oh, I actually want that motif I just got with a chest."
    • Buy Sigils of Imperial Retreat. Especially if you want to farm Tel Var, Sigils are crucial to making it back to your base without having to run a gauntlet of hunters in the sewer. They can also be amazing for escaping a zerg of enemy players sweeping through a district - just duck into a building out of sight and use the Sigil.

Other Useful Bits of Info
    The nearest Districts to your Home Base, with the map of your sewer route back to base:
    AD - Temple, Arboretum https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Irrigation_Tunnels
    DC - Elven Gardens (much closer), Nobles District https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Lambent_Passage
    EP - Arena, Memorial https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Harena_Hypogeum

District Info: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Imperial_Districts
    Sewer Info: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Imperial_Sewers
    Edited by VaranisArano on June 23, 2020 12:19AM
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to be very upfront about one thing: You cannot avoid the risk of PVP during Midyear Mayhem if you want event tickets.

[rest of post truncated]

Unless of course you're willing to buy tickets from the store, as I am. And as I will. I have tickets already for one more berry apiece on each account both servers. And I'm perfectly happy to buy the other tickets needed for the fourth berry on each account both servers.

It's my Mother's Day present from husband. Works for me.

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    I want to be very upfront about one thing: You cannot avoid the risk of PVP during Midyear Mayhem if you want event tickets.
    Unless of course you're willing to buy tickets from the store, as I am.

Fair enough! Oh, and happy Mother's Day too!
    Edited by VaranisArano on June 23, 2020 12:42AM
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    Unless of course you're willing to buy tickets from the store, as I am.

Fair enough! Oh, and happy Mother's Day too!

Thanks! And if you're a mom, I hope yours was great!
  • BisDasBlutGefriert
    BisDasBlutGefriert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone should permanently pin that write up to the top of the forums during MYM events!!!

Seriously, that was AMAZING! Great work! Thank you for taking the time to get all of that info, and to write it down for those of us who are interested in MYM but aren't fans of pvp! I've been here since 2015, and I still learned something from it!
    ~There’s a positive in every negative. Sometimes the positive is harder to find than other times, but there is ALWAYS one there~
  • HalvarIronfist
    HalvarIronfist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great post, but knowing how people are, I have prepared for the seas of angry forum posts and whispers in game.

• SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This will probably cause griefers to flock there en masse, but if you want to do town quests I suggest Cheydenhal... No flags, the easiest town quests, and the quest turn-in NPCs are both in outdoor areas. It's in EP territory but I've found that it's worth the trip even on my AD and DC characters. Chorrol is similar but the quests tend to be more tedious.

I rage when there are people on opposite factions camping the quest turn-in buildings, so I just stay away from those areas for the sake of my sanity.
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    And dear god for the love of all that's holy, take off your Relequen. The tornado paints a big red X on your back (plus the minor slayer buff is useless, and good luck getting your stacks above 0 on a player). Wardens, kill your bear... another red X on your back. Permafrost/Northern Storm + Shimmering Shield = profit if you're a magwarden. And take off your PvE title. Some people try to use their PvP title, but 'Tyro Grade 1' isn't a whole lot better. I just remove my title entirely when I go into PvP zones.

Some people can fake others out by doing these things, but if you want to help minimize getting jumped, I'd do the above.
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've been doing IC dailies for over a month now. It's really easy to just Solid Snake around most of the time. The new vampire stealth passive on stage 1 is really helpful. Just stay vigilant, observe your surroundings, don't rush and you'll be safe.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • Eifleber
    Eifleber
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fantastic post, thanks!

Not sure if there's any rewards I want though.
    I already have 12 tickets for a while and I've been waiting for ebon idruk berries.

But again no luck.

Playing since dec 2019 | PC EU
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok I love PvP thats why I will give you all a chance to survive it with less stress:

Required sets (yes for magicka to):
    Night silence (Crafted)
    (2 items) Adds 1096 Max Stamina
    (3 items) Adds 129 Stamina Recovery
    (4 items) Adds 833 Weapon Critical
    (5 items) Ignore Movement Speed penalty of Sneak.

Jailbreaker (Banished Cells)
    (2 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
    (4 items) Adds 129 Stamina Recovery
    (5 items) Gain Minor Expedition at all times, increasing your Movement Speed by 10%.

Ring of Wild Hunt (Mythic - no PvP required to get it)
    (1 item) Increases your movement speed by 15% while in combat. Increases your movement speed by 45% while out of combat.
    1 float spot.

Required items:
    Detection potion.

Required skills:
    Race against time (Psijic guild) - Accelerate morph.

How to use it?
    Enter sneak and just travel through Cyrodiil and IC with max speed available (you can cast Race Against Time in stealth without breaking it), even when you will get exposed you have pretty big chance to escape because you know even on mount it will be almost impossible to get you.

Why detection potions?
    While traveling in stealth like a Sonic is quite safe, there are some choke points like quest nodes where gankers can wait in sneak etc. Whenever you reach your destination, use detection potion (its the only available way of finding hidden targets without exposing your self first). You have 15s to check out the area without exiting stealth are there any hidden enemies.

Bonus
    Having max speed movement allows you to traverse through Cyrodiil and IC faster than on tanky builds, also you can place all the rest into damage (skills, mundus, enchants) so you won't be completly gimped vs mobs. Max speed is much more effective way of escaping zergs than being tanky.

Edit:
    For max kek you can became vampire which will half the time needed to enter stealth at stage 1 and Night Silence set can be completly replaced by set of your choice.

At stage 4 you will have cloak almost like NB which can be broken only by someone who actievely counters it, meaning you can go through enemies without worrying about being detected.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Cyrodiil Town Quests are easy, entirely PVE objective quests where the real threat comes from other players. Remember that Bruma, Vlastarus, and Cropsford have Alliance flags and matching NPCs who may oppose you if you are the other alliances or help you if you are the matching one. Also remember that even though you are pursuing a PVE quest, the entire zone of Cyrodiil is PVP-enabled and that some PVPers can and will watch these quest spots so they can easily fill their own PVP Bounty quests. In short, its really easy questing unless an enemy player spots you and then it gets really hard :)

Please say it exactly as it is, those places will be filled with gankers 24/7 and impossible to do. They're not advisable to try and do unless you're fine with extreme frustration. There is not a time during event when those places are not filled to the brim with gankers who can't kill half decent pvp players.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Please say it exactly as it is, those places will be filled with gankers 24/7 and impossible to do. They're not advisable to try and do unless you're fine with extreme frustration. There is not a time during event when those places are not filled to the brim with gankers who can't kill half decent pvp players.

I've done these quests during events and its pretty much how I said: really easy until the enemy shows up, and then it gets really hard. If getting attacked while questing is going to be extremely frustrating, yeah, that might not be the best daily for you to pursue.

Tips for Town Questing:
    1. Stick to the flagged towns your alliance controls that's nearest to your home keeps for easier respawn. Its just much more likely that your alliance members will be hanging around and willing to drive off enemy players. If the enemy comes to take your town, call that out in zone chat for the PVPers to come retake the town so they can transit. (Non-flagged towns are less of a PVP target for the enemy, but also less likely to get help from allied PVPers if there's a ganker about, so YMMV.)
    2. Use stealth when coming into town and approaching quest givers. Stealth is a good idea in general, though you might be mistaken for a ganker.
    3. If you aren't stealthy, be obviously on alert. Throw your buffs and heals periodically so that any ganker knows you are paying attention and ready to react.
    4. Use Detect pots
    5. Group up! There is strength in numbers and a pack of players is a difficult target for a ganker. This is a perfect opportunity to organize a guild event or to simply LFG in zone chat with likeminded questers. Most gankers are looking for weak single targets. A pair or more of players is much harder.
    6. Discretion is often the better part of valor. If a PVP raid shows up to capture the town for their alliance or PVPers have set themselves up in a quester building, its probably best not to confront them head on. Unless you want to die for the quick death-port home, of course. :)

Finally: Communicate! If you see a ganker near the town, announce that in zone to warn incoming questers. If someone's camping the inside of a quest building, call that out to warn others. Even if you feel like you can't fight a PVPer who's attacking questers, you can frustrate them by warning players to avoid them.

Those are tips that help me with town questing on my PVE characters during events.
  • Lotus781
    Lotus781
    ✭✭✭✭
    Give this one a miss since there's nothing to spend tickits on again .The Indrik should be dead and buried by now ,they need to move on .
    Edited by Lotus781 on June 23, 2020 12:30PM
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yaaay, easy AP is coming :)
  • ExistingRug61
    ExistingRug61
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Ok I love PvP thats why I will give you all a chance to survive it with less stress:

Required sets (yes for magicka to):
    Night silence (Crafted)
    (2 items) Adds 1096 Max Stamina
    (4 items) Adds 833 Weapon Critical
    (5 items) Ignore Movement Speed penalty of Sneak.

Jailbreaker (Banished Cells)
    (2 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Stamina
    (4 items) Adds 129 Stamina Recovery
    (5 items) Gain Minor Expedition at all times, increasing your Movement Speed by 10%.

Ring of Wild Hunt (Mythic - no PvP required to get it)
    (1 item) Increases your movement speed by 15% while in combat. Increases your movement speed by 45% while out of combat.
    1 float spot.

Required items:
    Detection potion.

Required skills:
    Race against time (Psijic guild) - Accelerate morph.

How to use it?
    Enter sneak and just travel through Cyrodiil and IC with max speed available (you can cast Race Against Time in stealth without breaking it), even when you will get exposed you have pretty big chance to escape because you know even on mount it will be almost impossible to get you.

Why detection potions?
    While traveling in stealth like a Sonic is quite safe, there are some choke points like quest nodes where gankers can wait in sneak etc. Whenever you reach your destination, use detection potion (its the only available way of finding hidden targets without exposing your self first). You have 15s to check out the area without exiting stealth are there any hidden enemies.

Bonus
    Having max speed movement allows you to traverse through Cyrodiil and IC faster than on tanky builds, also you can place all the rest into damage (skills, mundus, enchants) so you won't be completly gimped vs mobs. Max speed is much more effective way of escaping zergs than being tanky.

Edit:
    For max kek you can became vampire which will half the time needed to enter stealth at stage 1 and Night Silence set can be completly replaced by set of your choice.

At stage 4 you will have cloak almost like NB which can be broken only by someone who actievely counters it, meaning you can go through enemies without worrying about being detected.

I agree that being fast and sneaking is very useful. I also suggested some ways of doing this in another thread found at
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6828641/#Comment_6828641
    Pretty similar to your suggestions, but gives some other ideas to like using steed instead of needing to devote the whole 5 piece to Jailbreaker, or using Darloc Brae to have perma-sneak with basically no stamina drain. While my intent for this was for ease in overland gathering, it applies just as well for traversing Cyrodiil unmolested.

(That said I would still encourage people who haven't tried it to give PvP a shot in general, you never know you might like it. I mean, I started playing ESO as a solo player just doing PvE questing, thought I would hate PvP but went in there to get the Alliance skills on my first character, ended up in some fun groups, and basically haven't left since except to do content to get gear for PvP)
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tl;dr my solution to it is simply to ignore it - business as usual - I'm not fond of any of the "event" stuff in MMOs. And if there is something interesting to get, maybe shops will offer it and I just buy it - no hassle at all.
    Edited by Lysette on June 23, 2020 1:12PM
  • Pauls
    Pauls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How to make it funnier: coperate with some friends and occupy npc quest giver house (both in Bruma and one in Vlastarus and Cropsford) and protect it till last breath, staying inside and killing everyone who dares to enter
    Edited by Pauls on June 23, 2020 1:19PM
  • woufff
    woufff
    ✭✭✭✭
    I always doubling efforts in the events before and after the midyear mayhem, thus I can skip it ;)

Peace all B)
    PC/EU&NA - Redguard Nightblade - Grand Master Crafter - Explorer of Tamriel & Skyrim - Playing Starfield (and awaiting TES VI ^^)
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pauls wrote: »
    How to make it funnier: coperate with some friends and occupy npc quest giver house (both in Bruma and one in Vlastarus and Cropsford) and protect it till last breath, staying inside and killing everyone who dares to enter

That's the sort of thing that's really funny to the person doing the killing, and not at all fun for the players dying in loading screens.

ZOS seriously needs to fix those buildings, either to remove the doors/loading screens or make them safe zones.
  • PrimusNephilim
    PrimusNephilim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great write up on the event! However, I see this as the Mid-year Salt Mayhem Festival and this year is going to be a doozy.
  • butterrum222
    butterrum222
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the detailed exposé, I also had no idea the dailies in IC where no longer locked behind the achievement
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the detailed exposé, I also had no idea the dailies in IC where no longer locked behind the achievement

Yeah, ZOS changed that for Greymoor, along with updating some of the quest stages.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/528633/pc-mac-patch-notes-v6-0-5-greymoor-update-26
  • vgabor
    vgabor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pauls wrote: »

That's the sort of thing that's really funny to the person doing the killing, and not at all fun for the players dying in loading screens.

ZOS seriously needs to fix those buildings, either to remove the doors/loading screens or make them safe zones.

If you encounter this (that enemy players camping quest giver building inside) just call out on zone chat. Most hardcore PVPer hate this behaviour (they consider as low skill wannabe gankers using unfair tactics with the door) and many will come to clear them out.
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Easy tickets:
    Take the scout mission. If it's on the other side of the world, then abandon the quest and take it again to get something closer to a transit point. Sneak there, get the report, then YOLO around until someone kills you and sends you back to the turn in point.

Sadly all the towns will be gankville during the event.
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • ZaroktheImmortal
    ZaroktheImmortal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you get event tickets from the questing areas? Cause there's a lot of them close to main areas of each alliance I believe which have quests. A couple of those areas are in towns not related to the alliance war stuff Cheydinhal and Chorrol I know cause those were the easiest to get done without getting involved in pvp as the only people who usually go around those areas are the ones doing those quests.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pod88kk wrote: »
    Yaaay, easy AP is coming :)

Only if they can login
  • ZaroktheImmortal
    ZaroktheImmortal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly I think if pvp players want to introduce more to pvp and get more focus it's a good time to help them out keep the gankers away and maybe some might see a better side to pvp and actually stick around and it might get more attention.
  • ZaroktheImmortal
    ZaroktheImmortal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People wanting to gank and kill pve players for easy points is just kind of toxic and will drive more away from pvp. You want PVP to get more attention and focus? Maybe get more into it and help them out and maybe some might stick around and get into it.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you get event tickets from the questing areas? Cause there's a lot of them close to main areas of each alliance I believe which have quests. A couple of those areas are in towns not related to the alliance war stuff Cheydinhal and Chorrol I know cause those were the easiest to get done without getting involved in pvp as the only people who usually go around those areas are the ones doing those quests.

Yes, you can get 2 of the 4 event tickets per day from doing a town daily in Cyrodiil. The other 2 require doing a District daily in Imperial City.