The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Returning magplar

• Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »
    Malacath...???? I'm now not sure at all. I've been running it for a couple of days and I'm not seeing such a huge improvement: maybe I need to try it in heavy

Imo, only in no cp and only in heavy.

I have to agree. I was expecting wonders in light....mmm not sure it was that amazing.

even when I switched to heavy I still missed my NMA + BT light build. Admittedly I was running a crap random heavy build (rattle cage cause I couldn’t be bothered to craft NMA) but I didn’t see any huuuge difference. If anything I really missed crit damage.

You had much luck in heavy?
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malacath...???? I'm now not sure at all. I've been running it for a couple of days and I'm not seeing such a huge improvement: maybe I need to try it in heavy

Yup, toss on your favorite proc sets and head to no cp...
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love malacath even in light but I'm built for it.

I tried out a 1.8 critdamage modifier build vs my friends 3400 critresistance dk with over 30k resistances and my jabs crit him for 1170 crit while in malacath each sweep channel hit him for 1135, 100 percent of the time.

You need at least over 40 percent critchance and over a 1.9 critdamage modifier to be on par with a malacath build if opponent got a 3500ish critresistance.
    This is fairly easy to get as a templar.

Factor in procsets and malacath is op even in cp.
    Edited by Ariades_swe on July 8, 2020 7:56AM
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I tried out a 1.8 critdamage modifier build vs my friends 3400 critresistance dk with over 30k resistances and my jabs crit him for 1170 crit while in malacath each sweep channel hit him for 1135, 100 percent of the time.

You need at least over 40 percent critchance and over a 1.9 critdamage modifier to be on par with a malacath build if opponent got a 3500ish critresistance.

Interesssssting....very interessssssting!!! 🤤

May I ask what gear mix you are using?
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Malubeth/Grothdarr/Engine guardian
    Frontbar:
    5pc overwhelming with charged lightningstaff and disease enchant. (With charged trait u will have perma minor defile and vulnerability on target cause of disease enchant and overwhelming proc).
    4 pc warlock
    Malacath ring
    Full spelldamage glyphs and apprentice mundus.

Backbar
    4 pc Overhelming
    5 pc Warlock (Best sustain set in the game after buff)
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have to agree. I was expecting wonders in light....mmm not sure it was that amazing.

even when I switched to heavy I still missed my NMA + BT light build. Admittedly I was running a crap random heavy build (rattle cage cause I couldn’t be bothered to craft NMA) but I didn’t see any huuuge difference. If anything I really missed crit damage.

You had much luck in heavy?

No, i play in cp. Not being able to partner with a friend killed bgs for me. Id rather do something more productive (not eso lol) if im not gonna shoot shiot with a friend or two.
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Frontbar:
    5pc overwhelming with charged lightningstaff and disease enchant. (With charged trait u will have perma minor defile and vulnerability on target cause of disease enchant and overwhelming proc).
    4 pc warlock
    Malacath ring

Backbar
    4 pc Overhelming

Warlock it's not the best, especially on builds under 45k mag where it's impact has a chance to be greatly diminished.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Frontbar:
    4 pc warlock
    Malacath ring

Backbar
    4 pc Overhelming

Warlock it's not the best, especially on builds under 45k mag where it's impact has a chance to be greatly diminished.

Are you sure you're not thinking of Magicka Furnace?
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Frontbar:
    4 pc warlock
    Malacath ring

Backbar
    4 pc Overhelming

Warlock doesn't get affected by the amount of max mag. I gives a flat 11300 magicka back each 45 second if you're below 25 percent.
    The 5 piece bonus is equivalent of 502 regen.
    Couple it together with the sets 2 lines of magregen and only lich will top it if you have over 2000ish base regen.
    One other bonus of the set is that it won't get affected by mistform and you get mag instant compared to lich.
    I'm tired so maybe I missed something but I'm curious why it would be worse on a toon with below 45 k max mag.
    Edited by Ariades_swe on July 9, 2020 3:22PM
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Frontbar:
    4 pc warlock
    Malacath ring

Backbar
    4 pc Overhelming

Warlock doesn't get affected by the amount of max mag. I gives a flat 11300 magicka back each 45 second if you're below 25 percent.
    The 5 piece bonus is equivalent of 502 regen.
    Couple it together with the sets 2 lines of magregen and only lich will top it if you have over 2000ish base regen.
    One other bonus of the set is that it won't get affected by mistform and you get mag instant compared to lich.
    I'm tired so maybe I missed something but I'm curious why it would be worse on a toon with below 45 k max mag.

You're right, i was combining 2 sets verbiage. I thought it procd at once missing 25% hp, not at 25%. I haven't used it bc if that mentality, hit it'd imagine it harder to build for than something like lich which holds you foot 20 seconds. 11k mag is not much l, literally can disappear in 2 seconds, if your sustain isn't good and planning to be at 25% magicka every 45 seconds is probably pretty hard

Lich is 1032 foot 20 seconds. It's impacted by major minor intellect and continuous assualt. Im not sure on the math, but it's providing up to 1634 or 1444 recovery. Essentially making it 16340/14440 magicka every minute. At the same rate as 45 seconds, it would be equivalent to 12255/10830 mag per 45 seconds. The point here is over 20 seconds which i like more than the burst, i think, i haven't tried it. Honestly i like my recovery to be whole so i don't like either.

Theoretically, desert rose its still better. It's potentially 1204 recovery, and even if it procd every 9 seconds instead of 4 seconds it would give you more than both lich and warlock over 45 seconds.

• Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The most difficult part of using Warlock is getting the goddamned resto staff to drop, or 1h and shield, whichever happens first. Not picky at this point. At least there's a named 1h item, got that already.
    • PC/NA
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spinner Front and Pariah Backbar + Malacath? any thoughts? I'm tempted to stay in 5 light.

So far not bad even if I'm not maxed out: I don't want to splash gold on something I wouldn't use in the long run.
    Kartalin wrote: »
    The most difficult part of using Warlock is getting the goddamned resto staff to drop, or 1h and shield, whichever happens first. Not picky at this point. At least there's a named 1h item, got that already.

Totally!! I gave up on Warlock as I truly cannot be bothered to farm the set
    Edited by Rhaegar75 on July 9, 2020 10:20PM
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was actually able to increase the damage on my tried and true Magplar build by switching from a damage 5pc to Amberplasm - stats on Amberplasm are so good they allow for more damage investment elsewhere that turned into a net damage increase.

Not a fan of Malacath for Templars, we get our biggest burst with crits
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not a fan of Malacath for Templars, we get our biggest burst with crits

I didn’t think I would but I’m lining towards the same conclusion. Malacath was actually a hindrance on my stamplar and I’m not that impressed about my magplar either.
    I haven’t noticed such a huge difference between my old builds vs. the Malacath ones.

Even in terms of opponents the only ones who seem to truly benefit from it are DKs: I fought some beastly magdks in heavy doing a ton of damage.

For my magplar I’m now considering Torc

• GeneraLandon

Rattlecage 5pc hvy, spinners gloves, infused jewelry spell dmg, fractured femur with pen trait fb, s+b bb, 1pc valkyn light, malacath infused sd, lover mundus. Depending on content i will sometimes switch mundus to atro and/or a ring to recovery
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't believe people still wear rattle cage
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are magplars running currently (PvP). Not played eso for about 4 or so months
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »
    What are magplars running currently (PvP). Not played eso for about 4 or so months

Their alts.
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The forums
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I saw a double destro build with vateshran and brp destros that looked interesting. More of a proc based approach but looked fairly useful from the video. Gotta run heavy as a magplar right now though, especially in no cp so you have a chance to get rid of proc dots without dying first. I haven't really put together anything recently though. My old Torug + Spinners + monster helm (Pirate skelly or Malubeth) build might be alright with the Torug's buff. Haven't used it on magplar recently but I have tried my magden build on my magplar, Torug + Winterborn + Malacath + 1 Trainee, not as effective without shalks unfortunately.
    • PC/NA
  • Dirt_Rooster
    Dirt_Rooster
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's funny how attached people are to the meta in this game. Magplar is possibly in it's strongest state since launch and no one can see it. I'm doing constant 1v10s in no CP. I feel invincible and haven't died to a 1v1 in months.
    What I'm mainly referring to when I say it's funny... Is when people come to me asking for advice after getting laid out. Once I tell them, they laugh at me, call me a noob, and in the same breath say magplar sucks right now. Cognitive dissonance at its finest.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's funny how attached people are to the meta in this game. Magplar is possibly in it's strongest state since launch and no one can see it. I'm doing constant 1v10s in no CP. I feel invincible and haven't died to a 1v1 in months.
    What I'm mainly referring to when I say it's funny... Is when people come to me asking for advice after getting laid out. Once I tell them, they laugh at me, call me a noob, and in the same breath say magplar sucks right now. Cognitive dissonance at its finest.

Nice, I have mained magplar since day 1 pretty much but had like 6 months or so off now,, just got back on and leveling antiquities at min to get mythic.. do you mind sharing your build?
    I was using malubeth, BtB and NMA
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Video? Build?
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what are you running this patch.
    Heavy or light?
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It usually helps if you wear 3 proc sets or 2 proc sets and a mythical ring for a solo build. The issue that most have already said is that theres really no reason to choose a magplar over any other class for solo play.

You can have success and get kills but on any other class they have better build possibilities.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    5pc crimson body, 2pc trainee jewelery, malacath, grothdaar, vate light front, brp ice backbar.
    A simple man's build.
    Proc proc proc all the way. Aoe and single target pressure, stage 3 vamp, breton 3 infused cost reduce, 20pts to hp rest mag.
    You pretty much alternate between mist form and blockhealing for defense, for outnumbered or grp fights just wait till vamp ult and then delete ppl with swarming scion up.
    You can keep up significant dot pressure even on the defensive.
    Can swap crimson for defensive warrior or crest, all 3 do kinda the same thing just different uos and downs for each set.
    Lover mundus for extra pen(don't really need mag recovery, I rely on heavy attacks, rune and ele drain and it's enough.)
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Considering the class got some massive nerfs just recently, saying it's the strongest its ever been is a stretch at best.
    Procsets carry anyone, any class, there are a lot of great ones that work well with magplar, but..
    Purifying light is significantly weaker than shalks or Blastbones, burning light is sketchy to proc consistently, our healing is too dependent on breath etc.
    The class int garbage, but also not the strongest its ever been.
    Maybe you haven't been around during the 1.6 days, or during the great dot meta, but magplar was significantly stronger in both.
  • meekeycee
    meekeycee
    ✭✭
    Call me old fashioned but I run a simple set up of hist sap on body impen & well fitted,.Cyro light either 2 swords or nirn lightning staff with bloodspawn monster oh & s/b backbar.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm thinking and opions welcome
    2 grothdar
    5 steadfast hero (sword + board, neck, ring and belt - back barred)
    Malacath
    5 of something else front barred - not sure yet
    Edited by Syiccal on November 25, 2020 5:37PM
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New vateshran lightning BRP lightning caluurons and grothdar to join the cancer