The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Returning magplar

Syiccal
Syiccal
✭✭✭✭✭
Any help on gear sets, vamp or no vamp, can the new orange items be bought? Thanks
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Syiccal wrote: »
    Any help on gear sets, vamp or no vamp, can the new orange items be bought? Thanks

What type of magplar are you looking for?

PVE?PVP? Ranged , Melee? Healer? DPS? Tank?

Please elaborate a little bit.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah yea sorry, pvp melee. Dps
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I posted a video of support build for small group that hits hard, but can easily be used solo to X. You could change the monster set and be even more potent while still being able to take a hit/ actively defend.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »
    I posted a video of support build for small group that hits hard, but can easily be used solo to X. You could change the monster set and be even more potent while still being able to take a hit/ actively defend.

Link
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Link

Trans/ winter's respite/ masters
    Im sitting at self buffed: ice/snb
    -34.8k magicka
    -26.2k hp
    -17k stamina
    -1980 mag recovery without rune
    -703 stam recovery
    -3768 spell dmg
    -46% spell crit
    -22k physical 25k spell in rune on offensive bar before blood spawn
    -4197 crit resistance
    -4 welfitted 3 sturdy

In this video im using bogdan, so less stam regen. It's not really needed. I actually went back to witch mommy's brewski and dropped atro for apprentice. Gonna try steed, lover, and resistance mundus next. Showcase of the sets at 1min 40 seconds.

https://youtu.be/ypC6DZxO_T4

Got a small group video of 6 ppl where i convert to main heals by switching a few skills, resto front bar. Putting the clips together for that tonight.
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally not using a mythic item, Running Slimecraw(can also use grothdar or engine guardian), new moon acolyte, and amberplasm.

Armor: 5H2L
    Impen 7/7 (even after a 50% nerf, still the most impactful armor trait)
    Tri-glyph 7/7

Jewelry:
    3X infused trait spelldamage enchant

Weapons: Lightning frontbar, resto staff backbar

Food:Clockwork Citrus Fillet (Witchmother’s for the poor)
    Mundus Stone: Apprentice

The healing nerf made it even better to spam as much spellpower into your build as possible, the extra healing is a great defense while also giving you offensive power.

You can run whatever, but the best advice I can give is that all roads lead to spellpower in terms of gearing and that rapid regen is a ridiculously overtuned skill that you want on your bar.
    Edited by Jimmy_The_Fixer on June 20, 2020 7:58PM
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've just finished building something today, not properly tested yet though.
    5/1/1 light
    2 malubeth
    5 Bright throats
    5 winters respite
    Lightning master staff
    High elf
    Stage 1 vamp
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've just finished building something today, not properly tested yet though.
    5/1/1 light
    2 malubeth
    5 Bright throats
    5 winters respite
    Lightning master staff
    High elf
    Stage 1 vamp

Sounds pretty good. There are lots of options that provide similar stats and results for solo play. For solo id probably go respite/nma/masters/balorg
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea might change out monster set yet, for something more offensive
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Messing about with malacaths band, overwhelming, sloads frontbar and potentates backbar.
    With the changes to overwhelming it will be up 100 percent of the time together with minor vulnerability.
    Vamp stage 1
    Be prepared to get alot of *** tells since this is pretty aids for 1v1 because of the extreme amount of singletarget pressure.
    Edited by Ariades_swe on June 21, 2020 4:29PM
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Julianos + Crafty Alfiq + Balorgh helm + Torc of Constancy
    Altmer (non-vamp)

That's it. That's my main character. :P

It's a simple build. It won't do my work for me. Win or lose, it depends on me.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've put pirate Skeleton on and pariah back bar now as the dmg this patch is insane. Winters respite wasnt enough to nullify it or help survival. Also if pre buff before jumping in, I lost the winters heal for the start if the engagement alot of the time as doesnt follow
    Edited by Syiccal on June 21, 2020 6:25PM
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've put pirate Skeleton on and pariah back bar now as the dmg this patch is insane. Winters respite wasnt enough to nullify it or help survival.

Considering you probably have major defile on you anyway since every other player is a necro, pirate skeleton is a good choice imo.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've put pirate Skeleton on and pariah back bar now as the dmg this patch is insane. Winters respite wasnt enough to nullify it or help survival.

Considering you probably have major defile on you anyway since every other player is a necro, pirate skeleton is a good choice imo.

Yea that's fact, so may as well have the major protection
  • soniku4ikblis
    soniku4ikblis
    ✭✭✭
    Messing about with malacaths band, overwhelming, sloads frontbar and potentates backbar.
    With the changes to overwhelming it will be up 100 percent of the time together with minor vulnerability.
    Vamp stage 1
    Be prepared to get alot of *** tells since this is pretty aids for 1v1 because of the extreme amount of singletarget pressure.

Since most people are running around with 30k health, that set up has a pearl damage of 972 when OW procs, if I am not mistaken.

And on a necro tank with 90k health, lmao yup that's squirrel aids for sure.
    __._-*._._._.-*'"{Sonic Euphoric Bliss}"'*-._._._.*-_.__
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Changes to overwhelming??
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deals 1k ddmg in an aoe for 6 seconds, restores a % of the dmg done as magicka (15 i think). 33% chance to proc when using a class skill. The dot isn't strong in cp.
  • Dirt_Rooster
    Dirt_Rooster
    ✭✭✭
    Overwhelming is my favorite no cp set. I put it above nma in my builds even though I have been stacking spell damage for a while now. It does the same damage as grothdaar and adds good enough mag recovery (awesome 2-4 piece too). Other than that I love using a greatsword with the heal on the front bar. Get around 4.5k spell damage in no cp so you just have to weave in honor the dead while continuing to jab, instead of swapping back bar and slowly block casting to recover. You lose light attack damage but the 2h passives are awesome and you make up for it in massive heals and more damage to abilities.
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overwhelming is my favorite no cp set. I put it above nma in my builds even though I have been stacking spell damage for a while now. It does the same damage as grothdaar and adds good enough mag recovery (awesome 2-4 piece too). Other than that I love using a greatsword with the heal on the front bar. Get around 4.5k spell damage in no cp so you just have to weave in honor the dead while continuing to jab, instead of swapping back bar and slowly block casting to recover. You lose light attack damage but the 2h passives are awesome and you make up for it in massive heals and more damage to abilities.

It's a perma destealther too as well and it will provide an almost 100 percent uptime on minor vulnerability.
  • Dirt_Rooster
    Dirt_Rooster
    ✭✭✭
    It's a perma destealther too as well and it will provide an almost 100 percent uptime on minor vulnerability.
    Solar barrage, inner light, camo hunter, overwhelming, groth, jabs, rat... Yeah you're not getting away.
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My new Lightningstaff/SnB setup.

Front Bar
    Malubeth/Grothdarr
    5 piece Overwhelming
    4 Warlock
    Malacath ring

Back Bar
    5 warlock
    4 overwhelming

Lady mundus

All spelldamage enchants.

Traits
    5 impen 2 sturdy on body
    1 protective jewelry.

This setup lets me go full spelldamage enchants a mythic and 2 piece monsterset on frontbar.
    Malacath is superstrong on magplar for me since I'm only sitting at 30 percent crit and also because how puncturing sweeps will rarely get all channels to crit making it less effective compared to an instant attack crit.

Edited by Ariades_swe on June 25, 2020 2:20PM
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Front Bar
    Malubeth/Grothdarr
    5 piece Overwhelming
    4 Warlock
    Malacath ring

Back Bar
    5 warlock
    4 overwhelming

Lady mundus

Traits
    5 impen 2 sturdy on body
    1 protective jewelry.

This setup lets me go full spelldamage enchants a mythic and 2 piece monsterset on frontbar.
    Malacath is superstrong on magplar for me since I'm only sitting at 30 percent crit and also because how puncturing sweeps will rarely get all channels to crit making it less effective compared to an instant attack crit.

Any reason you only want overwhelming on offensive bar? You can get some ez kills as it procs defensively, then you turn offensive and they're caught off guard bc they smelled blood and didn't recast buffs or healing.
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Front Bar
    Malubeth/Grothdarr
    5 piece Overwhelming
    4 Warlock
    Malacath ring

Back Bar
    5 warlock
    4 overwhelming

Lady mundus

Traits
    5 impen 2 sturdy on body
    1 protective jewelry.

Any reason you only want overwhelming on offensive bar? You can get some ez kills as it procs defensively, then you turn offensive and they're caught off guard bc they smelled blood and didn't recast buffs or healing.

They changed it so it only procs on damage.
    and I need it on frontbar only so I can use warlock proc backbar since malacath ring and 2 piece monster take up 3 slots in total.
    Edited by Ariades_swe on June 25, 2020 3:58PM
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Front Bar
    Malubeth/Grothdarr
    5 piece Overwhelming
    4 Warlock
    Malacath ring

Back Bar
    5 warlock
    4 overwhelming

Lady mundus

Traits
    5 impen 2 sturdy on body
    1 protective jewelry.

They changed it so it only procs on damage.
    and I need it on frontbar only so I can use warlock proc backbar since malacath ring and 2 piece monster take up 3 slots in total.

Oh wow they did.
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    would you go heavy when using Malacath?

any other good combinations to fit in mythic items? I'm very reluctant to drop Grothdar and I've perhaps got too used to Bright Throat and NMA
    Edited by Rhaegar75 on June 28, 2020 10:40PM
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »
    would you go heavy when using Malacath?

any other good combinations to fit in mythic items? I'm very reluctant to drop Grothdar and I've perhaps got too used to Bright Throat and NMA

Btb nma is still an awesome build.

A set up im trying for mythic items for a dark flare zerg surfing build.

Body x 4 clever alchemist
    Stranglers
    Nma jewelry
    Back bar Clever alchemist destro
    Front bar nma 2h.
    Bal monster set.
    Vampire.

• UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Master lightning/Pirate Skeleton/SPC/Clever... all infused/2 recovery/1dmg... proc SPC and CA off SnB backbar 😘
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone tried heavy magplar with Malacath? My concerns are the loss of penetration and the drop on mag regen.

If I’m sticking to light I was thinking Spinner (Front: destro) and Winter Respite back: sword and board (thanks @EtTuBrutus cause I forgot about this set)?
    Any thoughts before I invest in the sets?
    Edited by Rhaegar75 on July 1, 2020 9:22AM
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malacath...???? I'm now not sure at all. I've been running it for a couple of days and I'm not seeing such a huge improvement: maybe I need to try it in heavy
    Edited by Rhaegar75 on July 7, 2020 9:14PM
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »
    Malacath...???? I'm now not sure at all. I've been running it for a couple of days and I'm not seeing such a huge improvement: maybe I need to try it in heavy

Imo, only in no cp and only in heavy.