Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Drop rate for Face of the Serpent from Canonreeve Onerous, er I mean Oraneth

• Sirona_Starr
    Sirona_Starr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm with you on the number of runs Kosef. Aside from the few leads I don't have , Elden Hollow, once bugs were fixed absolutely nothing - toughest lead to try to get in the game. Seriously. Maybe post this in bug reports, unless you have already, and see if something is iffy with RNG drop rate?
    Edited by Sirona_Starr on July 5, 2020 12:10AM
  • Kosef
    Kosef
    ✭✭✭✭
    Run #53, and again no lead...and if to just slap me in the face...I get a Transmute geode that dropped 4 transmute crystals....you know how many times i've gotten a transmute geode in all my times running dungeons....like 3 times including today. Yet still no lead..lol. It's getting comical.
    Server: PC-NA

Vincent Jurard - Breton - DK
    Aronil Elsinwatch - Altmer - Templar
    Ulfgar Stormbringer - Nord - Sorc
    Ra'Jhera Mahrabi - Khajiit - NB
    Kur Zahir - Imperial - Necro
    Khur - Redguard - Warden
    Lives-By-Sword - Argonian - DK
    Sara Willowthorn - Bosmer - Templar
    Elsa Bjariksen - Nord - NB
    Soliril Elsinthar - Altmer - Sorc
    Khargol Ogdum - Orc - Warden
    Veros Sarvani - Dunmer - Necro
    Vedran The Toxic - Dunmer - DK
    Hafnar Ironbark - Nord Warden
    Low - Level: Arcturus The Loyal - Templar
    Guild:
    [Ninja Squirrels]
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kosef wrote: »
    Run #53, and again no lead...and if to just slap me in the face...I get a Transmute geode that dropped 4 transmute crystals....you know how many times i've gotten a transmute geode in all my times running dungeons....like 3 times including today. Yet still no lead..lol. It's getting comical.

I am approximately on run #20. Guildmate of mine doesn't believe me when I said it hasn't dropped yet. But I don't know how to prove that something doesn't exist xD
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I tried it yesterday twice on normal with no luck. Then we randomly ran it on vet hard mode and it dropped. The lead that drops from the murkmire world boss has been quite stingy for me personally though.
    Edited by UntilValhalla13 on July 6, 2020 7:02AM
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried it yesterday twice on normal with no luck. Then we randomly ran it on vet hard mode and it dropped. The lead that drops from the murkmire world boss has been quite stingy for me personally though.

I actually got the Murkmire lead from fighting the boss in the Sithis Teeth delve. Maybe try camping the delve for a bit.

• FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did normal Elden Hollow 1 with a guildie yesterday. Each run took around 10 mins and I got to practice stacking mobs in choke points with my tank.

We both got the lead on the 4th run. Met some cool people on the way, both experienced and new players.

Good luck to everyone and have fun

• Norbert
    Norbert
    ✭✭
    Okay, i'm done. After the 5931th time. It droped.

Good bye!
    Logres Midgard!
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got it from 3rd run. In general complete ring took me about an hour to get... 2 times I got leads from first attempt.

Leads drop is complete rng, sometimes you need to do something hundreds of times while someone gets it at the first attempt.

As for now, I was extremely lucky with leads.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Norbert wrote: »
    Okay, i'm done. After the 5931th time. It droped.

Good bye!

Gratz

• Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the trick is - as soon as you stop looking it will start to drop like crazy
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if doing the dungeons on vet increase the chance of getting leads?

@Hapexamendios No. Sadly, just rng influences our chances...
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    21 runs no drop yet :/

Be safe and have fun :)
  • goatlyonesub17_ESO
    goatlyonesub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think that there are quantum effects in play that determine whether you get the ring or not. The ring has to tunnel into existence from nothing, and the odds are way against it.
    "Argonians have fat, scaly tails." —Rissa Manyclaws.
    "Once upon a time there were three sisters: Delicious, Delightful, and Disgusting. Now, Delicious and Delightful were both very pretty girls..." —Brendalyn Jurarde.
    "I smell to the nobility." —Indrasa Avani.
    "A bargain with an animal is not a contract made." —Haderus Atrimus.
    "Redguard makeup for sale. Free samples. Secret ingredients. Unique application method. Lots of satisfied customers." —The Mudball Goblin (aka, Cognac Vinecroft)
    "Your armor looks like underwear." —Shuns-the-Knife.
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I got this one on the first run after the update, but I can feel your pain. It took 20-30 runs of Volenfell before I got the seat for the wolf mount.