The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Game freezes/stutters after getting xp/killing mobs! PLEASE FIX THIS ALREADY

green_2
green_2
✭✭
Greymoor - my first big update in ESO. WORST update.
I'm playing ESO for 3 weeks now, I got used to high ping and server lags + tons of bugs. I had to wait 3 days for you to fix a bug with main quest (light from darkness), I guess it's somehow excusable.
BUT!
HOW can you not fix problem that literally takes every fun from this game? How it's still a thing after a week? How it's still not fixed after yesterday's patch? After 4 hour break?
Please look at this and tell me how am I supposed to enjoy this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TL7XZtj0n8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgCz_HiUsLs

How it's even possible that you did not fix this yet?
Oh wait, you don't know what's happening? Let me tell you!

As you can see on videos - game becomes slide show while killing mobs.
From my observations:
For game to stutter mob(s) has to die - the more the more visible it is.
You need to get xp from these mobs.
There is not a single stutter/freeze/lag whatever you call it before any mob die.
It doesn't matter whether you are attacking, using abilities, jumping from window or destroying your monitor, as long as your character see mobs dying and you are getting xp it happens.
Before greymoor update everything was fine, now game besides battleground is just unplayable, I can't even lvl up my character.
AND NO
THIS IS
NOT A PROBLEM
WITH MY COMPUTER
DO NOT TELL ME
TO REINSTALL MY DRIVERS
TO REPAIR GAME
TO REINSTALL GAME
TO CHECK IF IT'S NOT MY EYES THAT ARE LAGGING
I did everything, from downloading newest drivers, reinstalling game to turning off every single addon.
I even changed my fps cap from 100 to 240 to see if it changes anything - no.
Please acknowledge it's on your side and fix this before you lose any players.
And yes, it's not just me, my friend has the same exact problem and from what I have seen on forum some people do too.

MY PC JUST FOR REFERENCE
RTX 2080 + i7 9700K

In case you didn't realize it yet - it's not a problem with fps or performance. Something in your game is just broken.

PLEASE DO NOT WAIT FOR THE NEXT PATCH/UPDATE TO FIX THIS. IT REALLY DOES MAKE THE GAME UNPLAYABLE FOR SOME PEOPLE.

I'm sorry for offensive appearance of my thread but I really did believe in you fixing it in yesterday's update. I was waiting to be able to play the game I'm paying for.
  • tweedledum
    tweedledum
    ✭✭
    I haven't seen this but I also haven't been grinding open world mobs.. Did you have this pre-Greymoor?
  • Alexander_B
    I've same issue, also fps drop happens at the time you receive exp while discovering new land map objects (wayshrines, delves etc).
    Before Graymoor the was no issues with exp.
  • ghost_bg_ESO
    ghost_bg_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    every time when gaining exp but killing is most obvious... slideshow with necro is even better with giant form with poisonous aura :smiley:
    PS this days i've submitted ticked not because "try turn it off and on" will help me but for them to count affected people
    Edited by ghost_bg_ESO on June 4, 2020 10:07PM
  • VicenarySolid
    VicenarySolid
    Soul Shriven
    Having this since first update of greymoor. This is not so visible on my NB char (maybe because he has less effects is animations), but my necro is just stuttertrain.
  • risiblewilbury
    It's so strange. I tried running the game at minimum settings and uncapped frame rate. I'd drop from ~140fps to ~130fps. If I limit the frame cap to 30fps in the usersettings.ini then the frame rate drops from 30fps to ~28fps, so the stuttering persists.

I can limit my monitor refresh rate to 120hz, 100hz, and 60hz, and it showed stuttering on all of them, both with uncapped frame rates, and capped to the respective refresh rates. This only started for me since Greymoor.
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    green_2 wrote: »
    I'm playing ESO for 3 weeks now, I got used to high ping and server lags + tons of bugs. I had to wait 3 days for you to fix a bug with main quest (light from darkness), I guess it's somehow excusable.
    BUT!
    HOW can you not fix problem that literally takes every fun from this game? How it's still a thing after a week? How it's still not fixed after yesterday's patch? After 4 hour break?

From my observations:
    There is not a single stutter/freeze/lag whatever you call it before any mob die.
    It doesn't matter whether you are attacking, using abilities, jumping from window or destroying your monitor, as long as your character see mobs dying and you are getting xp it happens.
    Before greymoor update everything was fine, now game besides battleground is just unplayable, I can't even lvl up my character.
    AND NO
    THIS IS
    NOT A PROBLEM
    WITH MY COMPUTER
    DO NOT TELL ME
    TO REINSTALL MY DRIVERS
    TO REPAIR GAME
    TO REINSTALL GAME
    I did everything, from downloading newest drivers, reinstalling game to turning off every single addon.
    And yes, it's not just me, my friend has the same exact problem and from what I have seen on forum some people do too.

MY PC JUST FOR REFERENCE
    RTX 2080 + i7 9700K

In case you didn't realize it yet - it's not a problem with fps or performance. Something in your game is just broken.

PLEASE DO NOT WAIT FOR THE NEXT PATCH/UPDATE TO FIX THIS. IT REALLY DOES MAKE THE GAME UNPLAYABLE FOR SOME PEOPLE.

I'm sorry for offensive appearance of my thread but I really did believe in you fixing it in yesterday's update. I was waiting to be able to play the game I'm paying for.

Can confirm. Not an issue previous to greymoor
  • Skullx0
    Skullx0
    Soul Shriven
    I've same issue, also fps drop happens at the time you receive exp while discovering new land map objects (wayshrines, delves etc).
    Before Graymoor the was no issues with exp.

I'm having the same problem. It was not an issue before Greymoor, it started happening straight after Greymoor when I was grinding my new character, I'm hoping that if enough people open tickets for this issue, they will fix it.
  • green_2
    green_2
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_Adrikoth
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Can you actually provide any information if it will be ever fixed or it's the end of my adventure with this game?
  • Reacher
    Reacher
    same here.. issue exists since greymoor.. support is telling me for a week now thats a problem with my PC, network and so on..
    they told me to call my provider, Nvidia and many things to reinstall and update..

Dear ZOS,
    from software developer to software developer, stop wasting your and your paying customers time and start investigating in this bug..

hey @ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_BillE , @ZOS_KaiSchober , @ZOS_AntonioP , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    IT IS NOT A PROBLEM OF OUR SETUPS IT IS A PROBLEM WITH YOUR SERVERS AND/OR A BUG IN CLIENT CODE YOU INSERTED WITH GREYMOOR...
  • Reacher
    Reacher
    BUT!

From my observations:
    AND NO
    THIS IS
    NOT A PROBLEM
    WITH MY COMPUTER
    DO NOT TELL ME
    TO REINSTALL MY DRIVERS
    TO REPAIR GAME
    TO REINSTALL GAME

MY PC JUST FOR REFERENCE
    RTX 2080 + i7 9700K

thx for these awesome videos.. i hope they finally realize there is a real bug
  • deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BUT!

From my observations:
    AND NO
    THIS IS
    NOT A PROBLEM
    WITH MY COMPUTER
    DO NOT TELL ME
    TO REINSTALL MY DRIVERS
    TO REPAIR GAME
    TO REINSTALL GAME

MY PC JUST FOR REFERENCE
    RTX 2080 + i7 9700K

Thanks for illustrating the problem well.

Can confirm the same issues since greymoor; don't think I noticed it with Greymoor itself but one of the follow-up maintenances.

It's really bad and needs to be fixed asap.
  • brianpmdsnb14_ESO
    brianpmdsnb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    hello everyone, and zenimax / bethesda

me and my friends, there are three of us that like to play but since graymoor we have all the same problems as the OP, we have been having this issue ever since graymoor released, before that, we had no issues, this game is unplayable at its current state, i have been contemplating canceling my subscription due to this issue, until they can fix this problem.

my friends also have stopped playing since this has been a recent problem with the game, really takes the fun out of playing the game or destroys the immersion.

i would also like to comment that i was a eso beta tester in the closed beta, this game has lots of bugs, but they can be overlooked. but huge lag spikes when killing mobs, or gaining exp makes it so i do not want to play this game, because of the break of immersion. there are plenty of other games with higher demands of hardware specs, that work smoother.

https://streamable.com/fgdm75 <--- video demonstration

• vestahls
    vestahls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been getting this in dungeons as well, so it's not just overland mobs either. Interesting how in OP's video the FPS goes from 200 to 100, and in brianpmdsnb14_ESO's video it goes from around 40 to 20, so in both cases the FPS are halved in the space of a few seconds.

For me, it goes from 50 FPS to anywhere between 5 and 20. Frustrating doesn't begin to describe it. Garbage performance.
    “He is even worse than a n'wah. He is - may Vivec forgive me for uttering this word - a Hlaalu.”
    luv Abnur
    luv Rigurt
    luv Stibbons

'ate Ayrenn
    'ate Razum-dar
    'ate Khamira

simple as
  • risiblewilbury
    Whatever frame rate I run at on my pc (gtx 970, r5 1600x), at 120fps, 60fps, or even 30fps, the game stutters when receiving xp.
    On a laptop though (gtx 1050, i7-6750h), the game runs at 60fps and doesn't stutter at all.
  • ghost_bg_ESO
    ghost_bg_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    someone mentioned more obvious freezing when killing mobs with loot... probably in other discussion can't confirm but made me think...
    posting it here for info
    Edit
    not connected
    Edited by ghost_bg_ESO on June 9, 2020 9:52AM
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They are aware, but unfortunately they seem to be under the impression that it only affects people with skills on their bars that are not maxed:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6793619#Comment_6793619
  • Reacher
    Reacher
    virtus753 wrote: »
    They are aware, but unfortunately they seem to be under the impression that it only affects people with skills on their bars that are not maxed:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6793619#Comment_6793619

so it means they are "not really aware".. I didn't see any real statement from support/devs ..
  • AngryChelse
    AngryChelse
    Soul Shriven
    I have exactly the same problem.
    RTX2070/i7 8750/16G Ram/m.2 SSD
    https://twitch.tv/angrychelse/clip/DistinctVainChamoisTF2John

I want you to fix this problem as soon as possible D;
  • Reacher
    Reacher
    I have exactly the same problem.
    RTX2070/i7 8750/16G Ram/m.2 SSD
    https://twitch.tv/angrychelse/clip/DistinctVainChamoisTF2John

I want you to fix this problem as soon as possible D;

thank you very much.. another video where this issue is very clear..
  • green_2
    green_2
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_Adrikoth
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Why don't you give us any answers? Why do you respond in other topics but not this one?
  • AngryChelse
    AngryChelse
    Soul Shriven
    Just in case, I put other clips on it.
    If you play in slow motion, you will see the frames are "skipping/stuttering"
    https://www.twitch.tv/angrychelse/clip/PricklyCrispyWhaleEagleEye

At this time, all skill levels were at their maximum. Equipment is False God's Devotion/mother's sorrow. And I'm Vamp/Highelf Magicka NighBlade.

I have this problem very stressful. Especially in Trials, a momentary lag is fatal. I haven't enjoyed the game since U26. I want you to solve this problem as soon as possible.

Besides, my English is not good, I hope it is well communicate... D;
  • DarkSajuuk
    DarkSajuuk
    ✭✭
    Xbox player here, getting the same problem after Greymoor's release.
  • ghost_bg_ESO
    ghost_bg_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
  • green_2
    green_2
    ✭✭

they are either delusional or just good(bad) actors
  • ghost_bg_ESO
    ghost_bg_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

they are either delusional or just good(bad) actors

neither they, neither we are delusional, but confirming it as global problem , what it seems to be with xbox/ps launch and searching solution will do more instead of getting ban for bashing and accusing (reasons i have to edit couple of times my comments as english is not my first language)
    even if it seems neglected, they sure have hell of a month now with greymoor at PC, today on xbox/ps and next week at stadia
  • risiblewilbury
    They mention here that it will be fixed in the next incremental patch
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/532133/anyone-else-stuttering-when-killing-an-npc-since-the-xbox-patch-dropped#latest
    Unfortunately, (as far as I can tell) the next patch is June 29.
  • ghost_bg_ESO
    ghost_bg_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    They mention here that it will be fixed in the next incremental patch
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/532133/anyone-else-stuttering-when-killing-an-npc-since-the-xbox-patch-dropped#latest
    Unfortunately, (as far as I can tell) the next patch is June 29.

up in this discussion here, there is link to discussion (for PC) that says almost same, answered at 29.05 and i think we had another maintenance at 03.06 that changed nothing so i hope before 29 they put more effort
    Edited by ghost_bg_ESO on June 10, 2020 6:42PM
  • Reacher
    Reacher
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_Adrikoth
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Why don't you give us any answers? Why do you respond in other topics but not this one?

because this topic don't make money..
  • Reacher
    Reacher
    support is still not aware.. they told me today thats my CPU/GPU and because it's just a few hundred it can not be on their side.. i gave up hope that they are gonna fix the issue, this year
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS4 pro here. Getting this after every kill. Didn't experience it before today.
    PvP needs more love.