The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Game freezes/stutters after getting xp/killing mobs! PLEASE FIX THIS ALREADY

• Reacher
    Reacher
    BuildMan wrote: »
    PS4 pro here. Getting this after every kill. Didn't experience it before today.

that's because IT WASN'T THERE untill today ^^
    [snip]

[edited for conspiracy theories]
    Edited by ZOS_FalcoYamaoka on June 11, 2020 2:43PM
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They mention here that it will be fixed in the next incremental patch
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/532133/anyone-else-stuttering-when-killing-an-npc-since-the-xbox-patch-dropped#latest
    Unfortunately, (as far as I can tell) the next patch is June 29.

Nah it says 'an incremental patch' not the next one. So it could be the next one yes, which is still nearly three weeks out or god knows when. Not to mention that's for PC, console is unfortunately likely to wait even longer on a fix.
  • ghost_bg_ESO
    ghost_bg_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    freezing, still but not when gaining exp. but somehow quest item
    vivec city -owned room - small table with jewelry box and "seeking tenants" every time i read it i get freezing
    it is not the only one object but this i remember well
    other freezings from exp are present as well
    this one just for info
    Edited by ghost_bg_ESO on June 10, 2020 10:48PM
  • AgaTheGreat
    AgaTheGreat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This also happens on PS4.
    PS4 EU Aga_The_Grey - retired | PC EU AgaTheGreat
  • Bimret
    Bimret
    Soul Shriven
    I'm also having issues after the latest update:
    Game freezes/stutters after getting xp/killing mobs!

I am using a PS-4. I would hate to experience this issue when doing Dungeons. It's a showstopper if You asked me.

• vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same issue here on standard PS4, NA server. Game.lags and hangs on anything that gives exp..makes me not even want to bother with the expansion. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same issue here on PS4 with upgraded SSD, NA server. Game freezes/stutters after getting xp/killing mobs.
  • green_2
    green_2
    ✭✭
    Let's see if it will be fixed in next patch comming in 2 days :)
  • sproattt
    sproattt
    ✭✭✭
    Happens all the time since [snip] dropped, Maelstrom Arena is a no go zone. Every single add has a frame stutter and rate drop when killed, it's a mess when you are hit during the stutter or even worse when you get stunned. Had a few Xbox crashes due to being stunned whilst in the frame stuttering.

They want £40ish for the DLC. LOL. Bunch of [snip], they think I was born yesterday?

[Edited to remove Profanity and Bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on June 14, 2020 1:54PM
    Stamblade Main.
  • Reacher
    Reacher
    still no official statement about this issue..
  • Ishtarknows
    Ishtarknows
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been getting these stutters too but it seems related to set procs for me - ice heart and false Gods (after every kill) in maelstrom, dungeons and trials, but also even olorime proc seems to coincide with a stutter in overland questing.

On xbox EU.
  • kmufc77b16_ESO
    kmufc77b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Also getting this problem when killing any type of mob. ive tried to configure CPU GPU settings to no avail, the problem is on the Client-Server end. PC-EU
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reacher wrote: »

There has been, as linked above. The Community Managers have acknowledged the issue (albeit somewhat mischaracterized) and announced that a fix is forthcoming. That’s as official as you can get. Expecting Support (who do not know much about the game itself and would not be able to contribute anything of substance) or the actual devs to post here is not realistic. It is one of the responsibilities of the CMs to liaise with the players on behalf of the devs, as they are doing here. We can point out that they should acknowledge the issue is more widespread than they seem to think, but to claim there’s been no official statement is not correct.
  • Reacher
    Reacher
    virtus753 wrote: »

There has been, as linked above. The Community Managers have acknowledged the issue (albeit somewhat mischaracterized) and announced that a fix is forthcoming. That’s as official as you can get. Expecting Support (who do not know much about the game itself and would not be able to contribute anything of substance) or the actual devs to post here is not realistic. It is one of the responsibilities of the CMs to liaise with the players on behalf of the devs, as they are doing here. We can point out that they should acknowledge the issue is more widespread than they seem to think, but to claim there’s been no official statement is not correct.

they did not respond to the actual issue because many players have tested with max skilled characters and still experiencing this issue.. so NO official statement if they are aware of this issue or it's the same and they just communicated pourly..
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS4 na server... same issue. Reinstalled and deleted saved game data... still doing it
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »

they did not respond to the actual issue because many players have tested with max skilled characters and still experiencing this issue.. so NO official statement if they are aware of this issue or it's the same and they just communicated pourly..

Or it is possible that technically all skills keep earning xp even after they're maxed, said xp just doesn't do anything and we the players can't see anything because visually the skill is "maxed". So while to us it looks like the skill is maxed out and hence shouldn't be logging xp below the hood it still does due to how things are coded.
    Obviously I don't know the code of the game anymore than any other non-ZOS employee on this forum but it's a theory on how what they said is the problem is true but people who slot maxed skill would still see this problem.
  • green_2
    green_2
    ✭✭
    Not fixed after today's patch, was a fun month for me, see you guys in other games!
  • AngryChelse
    AngryChelse
    Soul Shriven
    I love this game, but there are things I can't overcome even with love.
    Let's separate for a while...

Once the bug is fixed, let's play together again. goodbye D;
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    green_2 wrote: »
    Not fixed after today's patch, was a fun month for me, see you guys in other games!

It isn't and it won't be for another two weeks. That's over a month where it isn't really possible to play unless you're extremely resistant to motion sickness. Thanks ZOS.
  • Reacher
    Reacher
    it is as I expected.. they didn't listen to their users/customers.. not fixed after 3 weeks..

still blaming everything and everyone but their very own code/servers.. support told me twice that's "not their problem" cause "it just exists for a few" (hundred/thousands now with PS and XBOX) people..

i am done with this game.. :)
  • ghost_bg_ESO
    ghost_bg_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    not this maintenance...
    even getting more interesting
    latency from 100 stable yesterday to 130 today (but may be to much people rushing for dailies )
    sometimes magic from mobs passes trough me without affecting me !?!
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I really, really love this game. I really do. I cannot play it though, as this bug is super frustrating and worse, it is everywhere. Anything you gain xp from. It messes with a fundamental aspect of the game, which ruins the experience.

I really hope they fix this soon, as I have not played more than a half hour of Greymoor and I WOULD love to play more.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • darquen
    darquen
    quick fix for you, go to your documents folder, eso, live & delete shadercache.cooked file
    if game doesnt start after this, change this in the usersettings file to "1"
    SET CachedRLREnabled "0"
  • ghost_bg_ESO
    ghost_bg_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    darquen wrote: »
    quick fix for you, go to your documents folder, eso, live & delete shadercache.cooked file
    SET CachedRLREnabled "0"

both: delete and "1", long loading screen(it is normal), firs run - not pleasant,
    second run (around 30 min) better almost no freezing when killing and not with every kill
    and now i can start complaining about animation desincs(high) , latency spics and skills not always activating

Edit
    aaaand third run after cleaning shaders goes back again to freezing after every kill...
    Edited by ghost_bg_ESO on June 15, 2020 6:49PM
  • darquen
    darquen
    darquen wrote: »
    SET CachedRLREnabled "0"

both: delete and "1", long loading screen(it is normal), firs run - not pleasant,
    second run (around 30 min) better almost no freezing when killing and not with every kill
    and now i can start complaining about animation desincs(high) , latency spics and skills not always activating

Edit
    aaaand third run after cleaning shaders goes back again to freezing after every kill...

It can come back you start changing graphics after that
  • Dovakhan
    Dovakhan
    ✭✭✭
    I'm having continuous freezes in interiors, mostly dungeons and arenas (Maelstrom Arena is unplayable for me, as it ALWAYS freezes while in the final boss of the 1st round). It even froze once in a public Delve. I never had this issue pre-Greymoor. But hey, I can have 30+ players in a single dolmen, and it works just fine :P

I've an extremely clean PC (relatively recently formatted, updated, and with just a couple of apps installed, all downloaded directly from the source, plus GPU drivers updated), and I've even tried doing a 100% clean reinstall. It didn't worked.
    Edited by Dovakhan on June 15, 2020 10:53PM
  • gman04
    gman04
    Having the same problem on Xbox. It is really bad in 4 man dungeons where there are a lot of adds.
  • Zackkelley
    Zackkelley
    Soul Shriven
    This "stuttering" issue is clearly not a PC spec issue, since xbox and ps4 currently have the same issue. And it's not the "fps drop' when casting a skill that isnt max level issue, that is an entirely separate issue.. the "fps drop" issue isnt related to xp, its related to the max skill gaining xp issue.. but the actual "fps stuttering" is an issue from gaining xp from any source, whether its questing, skilling, or killing. And the stutter issue has nothing to do with max skills, I tested that as well.. The stutter is ONLY from xp and ONLY stutters when GAINING xp. I can be in the busiest place with the biggest groups of mobs and dozens of players casting aoe's that arent in a group with me, and my game wont stutter since I'm not gaining xp, so i can watch others kill all day and use aoe's all day and no lag until I gain xp.

There are 2 current issues, they're being lumped into 1 category it seems like, but they're 2 separate issues, and they arent effecting everyone, but its affecting enough people to wear it should have been patched by now.

I'm on ps4, the game is completely unplayable. I tried 2 different ps4s, 2 different wifi networks, I've uninstalled the game and reinstalled (only on 1 ps4) and I've tested it on all my characters on my account. The issue never went away. Since it doesnt affect everyone who plays eso, and due to the testing I did, it almost seems like it's an account bound bug..
  • ghost_bg_ESO
    ghost_bg_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zackkelley wrote: »
    This "stuttering" issue is clearly not a PC spec issue, since xbox and ps4 currently have the same issue. And it's not the "fps drop' when casting a skill that isnt max level issue, that is an entirely separate issue.. the "fps drop" issue isnt related to xp, its related to the max skill gaining xp issue.. but the actual "fps stuttering" is an issue from gaining xp from any source, whether its questing, skilling, or killing. And the stutter issue has nothing to do with max skills, I tested that as well.. The stutter is ONLY from xp and ONLY stutters when GAINING xp. I can be in the busiest place with the biggest groups of mobs and dozens of players casting aoe's that arent in a group with me, and my game wont stutter since I'm not gaining xp, so i can watch others kill all day and use aoe's all day and no lag until I gain xp.

There are 2 current issues, they're being lumped into 1 category it seems like, but they're 2 separate issues, and they arent effecting everyone, but its affecting enough people to wear it should have been patched by now.

I'm on ps4, the game is completely unplayable. I tried 2 different ps4s, 2 different wifi networks, I've uninstalled the game and reinstalled (only on 1 ps4) and I've tested it on all my characters on my account. The issue never went away. Since it doesnt affect everyone who plays eso, and due to the testing I did, it almost seems like it's an account bound bug..

probably i am not the only one who tested it on steam and non-steam account that have nothing in common, 2 pc's - one mid-high one ultra freezing when getting exp is always presented...
  • DJoppa55
    DJoppa55
    Soul Shriven
    Is there any update on this problem? Playing on Ps 4 Pro with upgraded ssd (wired connection 150/50 Mbit). Zos, are you ever gonna update on this? Game is unplayable atm. I dunno, are they even aware of this problem? Customer support is pure thrash...