The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

FPS drops after patch.

• ectoplasmicninja
    ectoplasmicninja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    About 20 minutes ago almost everyone in Western Skyrim had a massive lag spike. I was at a harrowstorm and it was absurd. My ping said it was 600 but felt more like 6000. Skills just weren't happening, damage wasn't going off, it was so bad. After the harrowstorm I went to quest and that was no better. For comparison, my ping is usually about 160.
    PC NA, CP2000+Character creation is the true endgame.
  • Spinevoyager
    Spinevoyager
    Soul Shriven
    Having the same problem and I can confirm it seems to be related to experience gains in some way, as it happens to me after I kill an enemy, but also when I discover a new location.

Just to clarify, I was not having these problems before the new patch -- the only time I would get occasional frame drops was inside a main city or hub, now it happens every time I seem to meet the criteria above.

I find this to be pretty odd, as RivaTuner only shows me dropping 1-2 fps and my frametime stays at 16.6, but the frametime graph shows a massive spike and it is definitely a hell of a stutter visually.

Hoping it gets sorted out soon, as it's distracting to say the least.

Also wanted to confirm that I tried Votan's fix, but it didn't work.
    Edited by Spinevoyager on May 28, 2020 5:42AM
  • TwiceBornStar
    TwiceBornStar
    ✭✭✭✭
    GPU: RX 5600 XT.
    Monitor: FreeSync, 75Hz, 1080p.
    CPU: Ryzen 3600X.

Start with 74 (capped!) when I enter a zone but usually end up with 29-45 FPS after an hour or so. (Any zone!)

Yeah.
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to have 90-100 fps in houses, 70-80 in general, lower in trials. Now I consistently have under 30 everywhere.
    Intel Core i7-9750H, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060, 16GB RAM

I thought it was addons, I deleted my folder, nope. I ended up clearing the new veteran trial with minimal addons and 20 fps, fun times.
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
  • Dr_Sinister
    Dr_Sinister
    ✭✭✭
    View distance and shadows are a frame killer.

i5-8400
    32gb Ram
    RX 5700 XT
    Installed on an SSD

Running at 4k resolution maxed setting except Draw distance at 70. I'm locked at 100 fps in dungeons and indoors while the outside world varies depending on direction and what's happening around but goes anywhere from 60-100 fps.

MMO's are a killer on systems. WoW, SW: ToR, Guild Wars(2), Tera ect. They all suck up your cpu's resources and struggle running max settings
    Dead is dead. Parts is parts. Dead guys is parts - RipperJack
  • Vandgory
    Vandgory
    Soul Shriven
    Same.
    Before: GPU is loaded at 60-70%, stable 60 fps on dolmen in prime time.
    Now: GPU is loaded at 100%, fps drops to 40 in an empty location with 2 mobs during the battle.
    It's crazy...
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Inoki wrote: »
    Same here, FPS drops below 50 anywhere, often to 20 - 30

Specs
    Acer Predator Helios 300
    32 GB DDR4 RAM
    i7 8750H
    GTX 1060 6GB

I have exactly the same laptop I am getting 80-100 everywhere. I also have the graphics on max settings(ultra)I have noticed fps spikes during fights more than before the patch, but the FPS seems more stable generally.
    https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/laptops/acer-predator-helios-300-17-3-gaming-laptop-intel-core-i7-gtx-1660-ti-1-tb-hdd-256-gb-ssd-10192545-pdt.html that's my laptop.

Do you keep your GPU on extreme?
    Have you set your Nvidia settings?
    Adjusted your settingsini file to increase max cores?
    Got all background programs closed?
    It seems odd that I am getting much higher frames than you with the same laptop.
  • VicenarySolid
    VicenarySolid
    Soul Shriven
    Have the same problem, fps stutters everytime EXP is recieved (mob killed, map explore). Even worse with flame staff equiped.

FPS is bad overall after patch, before game was running much better (medium settings), ive got 40-70 fps, now 25-60 + stutters + ping make gameplay feels disgusting
  • Warraxx
    Warraxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is why you fix your *** first then put out new content...
  • LocaR
    LocaR
    Soul Shriven
    I tought i imagined things!
    Its good to know its not just me!
    Getting the same issues with a i7 8750h
    And rtx 2060 game is stuttering constantly
  • fetameise
    fetameise
    ✭✭
    I had this issue with FPS drop after patch as well.
    Before the patch I used DSR and limited FPS to 45.
    After patch FPS dropped to 30 without addons.

Solved it by slightly changing FPS limit. You can do that with Votan's advanced settings plugin quickly.
    Now I use TAA and FPS limit to 59. Everything is as good as before. Hope it may help somebody.
  • VicenarySolid
    VicenarySolid
    Soul Shriven
    Stuttering after kill still happening after morning maintenance
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hey everyone,

We wanted to let you know that we investigated this and have a fix in testing that will then go out in an upcoming incremental patch sometime after next week's. The issue looks to impact only those who have skills on their skill bar that are not maxed out.

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention and sharing helpful details.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Sebar80
    Sebar80
    ✭✭✭
    Hey everyone,

We wanted to let you know that we investigated this and have a fix in testing that will then go out in an upcoming incremental patch sometime after next week's. The issue looks to impact only those who have skills on their skill bar that are not maxed out.

Hi,

I am sure it is not affecting only people with not maxed skills. Also it seems random too, maybe instance related as well.
    As example today going vSS same character same setup and same skills, medium setting in trials before the patch, out of combat I am at capped at 100fps, in combat 60-80fps.

After the patch, twice already me fps in this trials specifically went down to <20 for no apparent reason making it unplayable

If relevant my specs are
    32 GB DDR4 RAM
    i7 8700k
    GTX 2080TI ROG
    PC EU
    PVE

Tanks all classes
  • Drauz
    Drauz
    ✭✭✭
    After killing mobs every time i get a few fps drops and a small stutter.
    Other then that i have no lag(overland) and this is happening since the last big patch
    Even while using maxed skills

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • Pajor
    Pajor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also there is a huge fps drop in the new trial when facing doors and it's fine when you are facing the boss
  • ghost_bg_ESO
    ghost_bg_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    just checked some of my characters (7- EU/ NA) some with maxed skills, and i have only one that is playable with almost no freezing, strange its my only one stamina build, as killing with stamina ability with other characters still make freezing for a moment....
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been having way higher latency on NA since the chapter dropped and also constant spikes between 400-999+. Like all the time. I'm actually getting better latency on the EU server and I live in the United States. I wasn't having hardly any latency issues on NA before for a good while.

So it's latency, fps drops, and micro-freezing all since the chapter launched.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • Spinevoyager
    Spinevoyager
    Soul Shriven
    View distance and shadows are a frame killer.

i5-8400
    32gb Ram
    RX 5700 XT
    Installed on an SSD

Running at 4k resolution maxed setting except Draw distance at 70. I'm locked at 100 fps in dungeons and indoors while the outside world varies depending on direction and what's happening around but goes anywhere from 60-100 fps.

MMO's are a killer on systems. WoW, SW: ToR, Guild Wars(2), Tera ect. They all suck up your cpu's resources and struggle running max settings

I have a similar system
    Hey everyone,

Thanks for the response Jessica, hopefully that'll resolve it.
  • MikeSkyrim333
    MikeSkyrim333
    ✭✭✭✭
    Drauz wrote: »
    After killing mobs every time i get a few fps drops and a small stutter.
    Other then that i have no lag(overland) and this is happening since the last big patch
    Even while using maxed skills

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Try to use Fullscreen mode in graphic options. I always used WIndowed Fullscreen and this stutter is insane, but in normal Fullscreen mode its a little smaller
  • Austinseph1
    Austinseph1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get constant fps drops when killing enemies and stutters where I didn't get before. Somehow client and server performance continue to decline with every patch.
  • dhboy123
    dhboy123
    ✭✭✭✭
    Used to have 30-50 latency, now running 90-120 latency constantly.

Utterly shocking a company can release an expansion and ignore the server issues.
  • Smarlie
    Smarlie
    Soul Shriven
    Hey everyone,

Thanks for the response @ZOS_JessicaFolsom.

Unfortunately, I do not think this is related to un-maxed skills. I've tried it on numerous characters with/without maxed skills, alongside disabling all add-ons, repairing the launcher, ensuring that all graphic drivers are up to date etc. but the problem still persists. It makes the game quite unplayable at times, especially in dungeons or trials where mobs are AOE-d down. I hope the team can look further into this.
  • votan73
    votan73
    ✭✭✭
    I can confirm this comment: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6796230/#Comment_6796230

I set the MaxFrameTime limit to zero and enabled v-sync and set the framerate of my monitor to 85Hz, so that the fans do not try to lift up the PC. And it works. No more just 50 fps, that feel like 25.

Just for the records:
    Before that I tried to update Windows to rev 1909 from 1809 and updated the nVidia driver to 446.14 from 445.87. No change.
    Edited by votan73 on June 4, 2020 7:44AM
  • VicenarySolid
    VicenarySolid
    Soul Shriven
    votan73 wrote: »
    I can confirm this comment: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6796230/#Comment_6796230

I set the MaxFrameTime limit to zero and enabled v-sync and set the framerate of my monitor to 85Hz, so that the fans do not try to lift up the PC.

so this is working or not?
  • votan73
    votan73
    ✭✭✭
    I have 85 fps has it should be.

I edited the post above, to be more clear.
    Edited by votan73 on June 4, 2020 7:47AM
  • pky1029
    pky1029
    ✭✭
    can confirm theres something weird going on with frame pacing and fps fluctuation since the recent update. i think it has to do with either , windows 10 build 2004 or gsync . before i update to windows 10 build 2004 and the lastest eso update i get rock stable 130 fps (usersetting.ini SET MinFrameTime.2 "0.0076923076923") in most places except cyrodill and trial it would dip to 60 ish mid fight and thats normal. but now fps would randomly drop to 60-65 and don't go back up for quite a while in open world/houses/ dungeons with basically no players or anything heavy going on in the game, just a few mobs etc in the middle of no where in craglorn for example. it feels like your GPU is in power saving mode and refuses to put load or the game engine is limiiting the fps for no reasons even with the the MinFrameTime setting in usersetting.ini set at 130fps Eventually i managed to fix the fps drop/throttling by setting the MinFrameTime to 0 which completely unlimit my fps and my game is running at 200 fps now and frames rarely dip unless in a trial. Vsync is OFF in game and nvidia driver setting. it looks like if you set a MinFrameTime below your monitor refresh rate you would get some wierd fps behaviour with the lastest update.