The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Server Back offline?

ACESsiggy
ACESsiggy
✭✭✭
I was kicked from the server and it now says it's back in Maintenance :neutral:
  • Tamrik
    Tamrik
    ✭✭✭
    same for me
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yup!
    Celebrate for life is short but sweet for certain.
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Me too. I wonder what they broke.
  • marke1
    marke1
    ✭✭✭
    same
  • L_Nici
    L_Nici
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing broke, they just noticed that any player regardless if bought or not could travel to Skyrim.
    A very special girl

PC|EU
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well from what I was told people that didn't own the chapter could access the new areas or something. So its a good thing they caught onto that quickly and took it back down then.
    However it would be nice if they can add in some non pay zones one of these days.
    I do understand for their bottom line they have to block out access. So hopefully they get that fixed quickly so people can get back in.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on May 26, 2020 11:46AM
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • Waylander07
    Waylander07
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same lol
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sooner than I expected xD
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow, was just going to get good!
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • ACESsiggy
    ACESsiggy
    ✭✭✭
    I think they forgot to put restrictions on accessing the content. There were players that didn't purchase it and have access to it.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone had access to skyrim without purchasing it, so they prob are hotfixing it now.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hope this does not take long to fix, I was in the middle of doing something.
  • Titansteele
    Titansteele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    L_Nici wrote: »
    Nothing broke, they just noticed that any player regardless if bought or not could travel to Skyrim.

This :hushed:
    Guild Leader of The Twelve Knights, AD PVE, PVP and Trading Guild on the EU Mega Server

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger"
  • Bucky_13
    Bucky_13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, it actually worked well performance wise. Not sure how they managed to not lock out players from new areas who hadn't purchased.
  • Tessitura
    Tessitura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They discovered a issue after bringing the servers up and are investigating it. Now the 10 hour wait for patch day issues to resolve begins.
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Awww, they could have at least waited for me to get access to the antiquities system before locking it down again ;)
  • TheTwistedRune
    TheTwistedRune
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get ready for multiple whining threads now.....

• Laggus
    Laggus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Who clicked on something they shouldn't have? C'mon..own up.
  • TempPlayer
    TempPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't they do any testing before release?
  • L_Nici
    L_Nici
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am a bit sad that they noticed that so fast, but can't fix Cyro in years....
    A very special girl

PC|EU
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    normal ZOS SNAFU...
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Hexi
    Hexi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What, you were expecting things NOT to crash and burn? Oh the naivety of youth.
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As i saw the intro to Greymoore without having bought the chapter I guess it is related to chapter access.
  • Foxhearted
    Foxhearted
    ✭✭✭
    L O L
  • TheTwistedRune
    TheTwistedRune
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tessitura wrote: »
    They discovered a issue after bringing the servers up and are investigating it. Now the 10 hour wait for patch day issues to resolve begins.

Yea. I booked time off work this time next week in anticipation of problems. Learned my lesson from previous years.

• arena25
    arena25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    According to a post in "Maintenance Announcment" forum, apparently there was an issue discovered when they opened the megaservers after patch maintenance, and they locked the servers while they investigate. ETA as soon as they figure out the full scope.

Mind you, I don't know what that issue is, but to be entirely honest, I'm not surprised. I was kinda expecting this remote launch to have a few hiccups...more so than normal patch releases due to the fact this patch is the first to be remote launched as a result of our ongoing pandemic.

But on the bright side, I did see the new cinematic and ransacked the opening room of the new tutorial, so there's a start.
    If you can't handle the heat...stay out of the kitchen!
  • Runes_Ur
    Runes_Ur
    ✭✭
    So vmol can be down for about a year in a half back in the day but people accessing purchased content is met with swift action.... lol you're a gem zanimax
  • moonsister
    moonsister
    ✭✭✭
    wow, each login attempt gets a 5 minute penalty.
  • Bucky_13
    Bucky_13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    arena25 wrote: »
    According to a post in "Maintenance Announcment" forum, apparently there was an issue discovered when they opened the megaservers after patch maintenance, and they locked the servers while they investigate. ETA as soon as they figure out the full scope.

Mind you, I don't know what that issue is, but to be entirely honest, I'm not surprised. I was kinda expecting this remote launch to have a few hiccups...more so than normal patch releases due to the fact this patch is the first to be remote launched as a result of our ongoing pandemic.

But on the bright side, I did see the new cinematic and ransacked the opening room of the new tutorial, so there's a start.

I'm willing to bet one hamster that it was the fact that everyone could access the new areas, including players who hadn't bought Greymoor.
  • Kantuuka
    Kantuuka
    ✭✭✭
    Who would expect us to be able to play on a Patch day? Silly you!
    More then 1 is a Zerg..