The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Prioritize performance fixes?

Iron_Blurr
Iron_Blurr
✭✭✭✭
Should the devs temporarily stop whatever new content they are doing and get all hands on deck to tackle the extremely poor performance the game has had lately? Spinning enemies, constant crashes/disconnects, low fps, desync issues everywhere, abilities not going off etc
Edited by Iron_Blurr on May 25, 2020 6:11PM

Prioritize performance fixes? 83 votes

Yes, focus 100% on performance.
81%
AkinosStxCresGrymmoirelolo_01b16_ESOGigasaxOmniDohondelinkGTech_1OrchishMarcus_Thraciusgitch2DestaiSanctum74blackmamba24HexysurinesampleAedarylBananaGeorgeBlack 68 votes
No, performance is fine.
3%
ManwithBeard9Aetherderiuslulose 3 votes
I already quit the game due to poor performance.
14%
SuddwrathSaroussevalidifyedneb18_ESOAsdaraSaintSubwayySpartabunny08BeyakGiljabrarpaganslyerJayroofboursStamPlar_1976 12 votes
  • Marcus_Thracius
    Marcus_Thracius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Legend has it that there is no lag in pvp ........
  • blkjag
    blkjag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Performance fixes don’t make money though
  • NoodleESO
    NoodleESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need to consult with people on my friends list for this. Oh wait ._.

Yes pls fix it once and for all Zos.
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    blkjag wrote: »

Not immediately maybe, but over the long term they do through more customer retention which equals more content purchases and more crown store purchases. If everyone that has ever played ESO still was, they would be making substantially more money. Maybe that isn't very realistic, but if even half the people who quit were still playing, or half the people that quit for performance reasons and they were all buying content and spending crowns. It's significant. They just seem to be happy with what they are making rather than shooting for what they could be making. It's a "good enough" attitude that they seem to have. Complacency never equals profit. Talking upper management here.
  • Jayroo
    Jayroo
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just chose this option because of how funny it is to imagine people quitting over performance issues but still visiting the forums everyday for 2 years waiting for a fix :D
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    blkjag wrote: »

sadly 100% thix!

ZOS wont make money of improving the performance...atleast not in the short run.
    Over the long run it will most likely result in higher sales, and more eso+ subsriptions, but thats not how most gamedevelopers think.
    They need money now, to create new content to gain money to create new content...and so on. Most gamedev companies dont have the longer goal present in their mindset. (or atleast it surely does feel like this)

Which is a shame and a a huge painpoint towards the veterans of those games.
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should focus 100% on performance, too bad it's very unlikely to happen since the only thing ZO$ is gonna prioritize is making that money, at this rate i won't be suprised if they put lag and fps fix tokens in the crown store.
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biased poll is biased. Performance may be not ideal, but without new content there is nothing to do in the game and that performance will be a waste.
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • Iron_Blurr
    Iron_Blurr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Olauron wrote: »
    Biased poll is biased. Performance may be not ideal, but without new content there is nothing to do in the game and that performance will be a waste.

Just vote no if you think it's not that serious of a problem.
    If people have some other option not represented in the poll they can leave it in the comments like you did.
    Edited by Iron_Blurr on May 26, 2020 3:26PM
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Legend has it that there is no lag in pvp ........

I guess it's hard to tell when your skills don't work.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA