The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Bloodspawn

• CurvedSwords123
    CurvedSwords123
    ✭✭✭
    Calypso589 wrote: »
    Calypso589 wrote: »
    @CurvedSwords123 Mostly Bloodspawn, but other highly used monster sets were adjusted. This is to make an antiquity+1 piece more desirable. This is to make purchasing Greymoor to have top tier build options more desirable. Obviously.

Spoken like someone who has no idea what's actually gonna be top tier.

You can't argue that 1 mythic + 1 monster is comparatively much more appealing after the various nerfs to monster sets. At least for PvP.

Oh he will prob lol. Usually when someone gives you an accusation of ignorance for voicing some analysis, but provides no follow up or basis. There will be no honest engagement.

Thank you for the critical analysis, Doctor. Time for you to get off the forums now.
    @MurderMostFoul You can't argue that 1 mythic + 1 monster is comparatively much more appealing after the various nerfs to monster sets. At least for PvP.

I can, actually.

Bloodlord's Embrace: Magicka on block seems great for PvP if anything. But the skill "balance" is a thing and that skill also comes with a Major Buff (as well as provides way more magicka). Now that's not to say there aren't other sources of major resolve that could be used in conjunction with Bloodlord..........but if a skill can provide both then why slot a skill aaaaand a chest piece to do it?

That's just poor economics.

Same reason no PvE tank will ever wear this chest.

Malacath's Band of Brutality: We're in a crit meta atm so for PvE this ring is going right out the window. Maaaaaybe it'll make some appearances in PvP? Perhaps it might be beneficial to slot this and rely less on crit damage?

You tell me.

Ring of the Wild Hunt: : Overworld gathering will be faster. Scroll runners might like this if they're not in combat while in transit. Useless in PvE. Movement speed is already readily accessible in battlegrounds without sacrificing a monster set.

Snow Treaders: Again, useless in PvE because you can and should just be able to break out of stuns when they happen without issue. These things'll probably be the new Chaosball meta. lol

Thrassian Stranglers: This is the ONLY set that without question will be slotted by Magicka compositions because the damage is so good. Depending on how sweaty your group is you'll either reset the instance upon a wipe or everyone will just swap to a non-thrassian build.

You don't gain stacks from killing animals anymore so I don't see these things making an appearance in Cyrodiil or BGs. You'd have to be pretty DAMN confident of your ability to stay alive if you wear these things in those places.

Torc of Tonal Constancy: Do I need to touch on why this one is bad?

Mythic items are incredibly niche overall. Their utilities are specific. Incredibly specific.

They are not automatically more desirable just because monster sets received some nerfs. It's entirely dependent on what you wanna do or what your group is trying to do.

I'm the doctor when you're the one giving this diatribe? Nice strawman btw, I said access to more top tier build options which these will clearly provide; who said will be preferable over monster sets in every situation. Murdermostfoul didn't, he just has common sense and understands why there were sweeping monster set nerfs.

Niche? Everything is niche as we either spec for PvP, PvE, DPS, Tankiness etc. You don't even understand how powerful Malacath will be in no cp PvP. I'm not surprised the purpose of the monster set adjustments went over your head.

I have tested malacath a lot and it isn't that great... Not for everyone anyway, heavy builds or builds with very low crit it is strong. I duelled a lot of people with cp and without it's not the game changer everyone has claimed it will be.
    It is very balanced actually.

A crit against someone in 7 impen without cp and no investment in crit damage. I was doing about +16% more damage, but obviously much more damage against everyone else. The very most damage I could get out of malacath was +19% and on one build it was only +9%. So like the rest of the mythics I think it works well with specific builds where you have already sacrificed crit. Wild Hunt ring is by far my favourite... I was running circles round most in my duels 🤭

What has occurred to me during my testing is that what ZOS has done is very clever. They have reduced healing, mitigation and increased damage. They have reduced the effectiveness of crit damage via the base crit resist and drawn people away from it with this ring. Originally I thought this will be a high damage patch and PvP will be faster. Now I'm not so sure...

The spikes in your damage are where you capatalise and the same can be said defensively.

I'm honestly so glad to hear you say that. Thank you for the input. I main a Stamsorc that has high Crit and I like no cp. I figured this ring would push him to the side. I was considering maining Stamcro just because I thought my Stamsorc would be so subpar in no cp due to this ring.

Still, it's fair to say we are going to need a large group of results when this goes live to pass final judgment eh?

Stam sorc with ring of wild hunt! I don't think anyone will see you 🤫

Nothing I say is conclusive... I can only assure you from my experience it isn't as good as it looks on paper. If you run mainly fast builds like me you'll be happy to hear you can run 4 well fitted and still be in a better place for crit resist than you are now. I coupled 4x well fitted and one reduced cost and i can practically roll dodge endlessly.

Thank you
  • Stx
    Stx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Honestly when i saw the nerfed numbers I thought they were going to increase the proc chance too.

That would have been in line with their recent proclaimed goal for item sets. Nut they forgot their own design goals apparently and just nerfed the set into oblivion.