The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Vet Dungeons

• Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Chelo wrote: »
    Raisin wrote: »
    The game doesn't teach this to people. No one should have to Google for outside information to do well with basic game mechanics. It should be given to them in game.

Nope, that's exactly why Gamers now a days are so entitled. Modern "hard games" were just "normal games" back in the day...

25 years ago, Games didn't teach you anything. They came with no instructions, you were suppose to figure everything by yourself.

For example if you play an old Zelda, it didn't came with instructions. You were suppose to figure stuff by your own, use logic, common sense and also testing. Modern games are just a bunch of cinematics that tell you "jump here", "dodge that", "press X, Y, A, B", etc.

I don't know why people think games should tell them exactly what they have to do in every situation, what's the challenge in that?

You know, my post has three sentences, and you still failed to comprehend it. It's incredible. They're not even complicated sentences! How hard can it be?!?

Yes, explaining the concept of keeping up a rotation to new players in a tutorial is EXACTLY the same as telling them exactly when to dodge, always, everywhere. If only there had been a little pop up that said "Use your brain!" before you started writing.
    Edited by Raisin on May 17, 2020 5:19PM
  • VoxAdActa
    VoxAdActa
    ✭✭✭✭
    Group finder is a useful tool. Discouraging capable player while encouraging potatoes to use it will ultimately lead to ONLY potatoes using it.

And?

A full group of potatoes is going to have to learn how to actually do their roles if they want to finish the dungeon.

Half the problem here are the "silent carry" party members who do all the work without complaint or any attempts to teach, which makes the potatoes think they know what they're doing. I mean, they obviously do, they finished the dungeon right?

They don't know it's not supposed to take 45 minutes to do Spindleclutch I. As far as they're aware, that's the normal clear time.

Leaving the Group Finder to throw 4 potatoes together is the SIMPLEST, QUICKEST, and MOST EFFECTIVE solution to the problems described in this thread.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    regime211 wrote: »
    Please make sure before joining dungeons that your gear is optimized and rotation is down correctly! I keep seeing people light and heavy attacking with no rotation. Even having lower CP is not an excuse to not have some form of rotation.

I doubt the LA bow spammer is reading this. There is no remedy for PUGs in the group finder, besides not queueing for them.