The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Daily Writs] Get a Job instead? - Consoles vs. PC vs. Lazy Writ Crafter

• FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So why does someone who does 18 toons worth of crafting writs using add-ons suggest to do away with all those great crafting rewards to give some benefit to console players?

Doesn’t make much sense to me.

I like the rewards and am happy to do writs the way I am now. Like I said, I wouldn’t do writs on more toons and I wouldn’t save much time with the ones I have if I used an add-on.

So no one else can benefit because you are content where you are personally?

Benefit from having their rewards taken away?

EDIT:

That’s the response for the original suggestion in this thread.

If we are talking about somehow adding the add-on to consoles, which I don’t think they’d do, I would be fine with other people doing it but I would not. That is what I originally meant.

I believe the devs envisioned people actually crafting everything by hand, not using something to artificially speed things up. That’s sort of like not really playing the game. I believe it is the same as why we don’t have a global auction house - they want us to go through the motions that our character would do.

That’s just my opinion, though.

Ah. I am fine with that. The OP is a bit of a large change, though the concept is not horrid. It is less likely than getting a "craft daily writ" button, since we have already gotten multi-craft in the recent past.
    No mats awarded (even if none are used) would be a no go for me. That's the main reason I'm doing them right now. If you're suggesting this as an alternative in addition to what we already have, I could get on board with it, but then it still has console behind PC.

I still suspect that we've had way too much of a good thing for too long and at some point, writs will turn into a daily per account instead of per character, probably with a boost to rewards to compensate slightly. It's easily the best gold per minute in the game and something like that has to be on ZOS' radar for potential nerfing eventually.

I agree here. The mats are the reward. The gold is just nice to have also. Heck, I'd be happy if the gold reward ended up being a net zero after taking into account mat cost to complete writs. But getting gold mats occasionally from daily writs is the value of them for me.

I strongly hope they do not nerf writs. They are a significant task for what you get out of them. You are trading boredom for mats and gold. You think I enjoy doing daily writs every day? No, and that's why it shouldn't be nerfed.

I wouldn't mind some consolidation. It would be annoying if it didn't factor in how many alts we have leveled (and used skill points for) crafting.

I am all for making this easier ESPECIALLY with the horrible load delays we face now.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • kinguardian
    kinguardian
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would not want the mats being removed out of the game, I enjoy farming them and then doing the writs and getting goodies for them plus I like to sell them.

Yes I have the addon because it makes it a lot easier and since I have it I do a lot more writs. Imo they should add this to the console's just like the skyshard map and a mini map. Just give people the choice if they want to enable it or not.
    If I would not have the skyshard map and the minimap I would be so frustrated it then takes the fun away from the game for me.

I would like to see they make it a bit easier to extract the amount of materials out your crafting bag. And the way you have to split them in the amount you want to sell them. If there was a way you could put this in so when I extract plants I always leave 15 behind for my daily writs and I always sell them 10 at a time in the guild stores. If this was something you could put in and the game remembered so that every time I extract plants it automatically leaves 15 behind and splits it in groups of 10. That would make something very time consuming and boring a lot better.
    Edited by kinguardian on June 2, 2020 9:24AM
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think writs should involve some sort of work. It's a chore for reward thing and shouldn't be made a click once for goodies event. That's why I despise bots. People make bots to constantly farm mats so they have time for internet or telemarketing scams
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would not want the mats being removed out of the game, I enjoy farming them and then doing the writs and getting goodies for them plus I like to sell them.

Yes I have the addon because it makes it a lot easier and since I have it I do a lot more writs. Imo they should add this to the console's just like the skyshard map and a mini map. Just give people the choice if they want to enable it or not.
    If I would not have the skyshard map and the minimap I would be so frustrated it then takes the fun away from the game for me.

I would like to see they make it a bit easier to extract the amount of materials out your crafting bag. And the way you have to split them in the amount you want to sell them. If there was a way you could put this in so when I extract plants I always leave 15 behind for my daily writs and I always sell them 10 at a time in the guild stores. If this was something you could put in and the game remembered so that every time I extract plants it automatically leaves 15 behind and splits it in groups of 10. That would make something very time consuming and boring a lot better.

But all 3 of the people who despise those items and the other funsuckers would complain!

I support adding these features to the PS4 and have been arguing for it for some time.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think writs should involve some sort of work. It's a chore for reward thing and shouldn't be made a click once for goodies event. That's why I despise bots. People make bots to constantly farm mats so they have time for internet or telemarketing scams

Dailies involve plenty of work. And hitting the really annoying parts of the game, such as load times.

Simplify some things: Like harvesting surveys. (Allow them to be done once, reset or something rather than requiring leaving the area (an uncertain action) or other foolishness.)
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So why does someone who does 18 toons worth of crafting writs using add-ons suggest to do away with all those great crafting rewards to give some benefit to console players?

The mentality that says, "This personally benefits me, so let's keep it, regardless" -- that is cheater/exploiter thinking.
    It doesn't look at the game as a whole and what's good for it. Pressing a button and having basically huge rewards fall out is not good for the game especially when it can be multiplied easily.
    People who want that should just go play an Idle Game. You go to sleep, the game plays for you, and when you wake up you press a few buttons to level up and sell gear. That's not ESO. The paradigm of rewards here is time and/or effort translates to commensurate reward. The benchmarking for Daily Writs is already too low for Provisioning and Enchanting and Alchemy. Lazy Writ Crafter speeds up even those and reduces everything to a couple of minutes and no thinking.

I'm suggesting a generalized alternative that moderates rewards and also puts Console on an equal footing with PC.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on June 6, 2020 11:29PM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »

The mentality that says, "This personally benefits me, so let's keep it, regardless" -- that is cheater/exploiter thinking.
    It doesn't look at the game as a whole and what's good for it. Pressing a button and having basically huge rewards fall out is not good for the game especially when it can be multiplied easily.
    People who want that should just go play an Idle Game. You go to sleep, the game plays for you, and when you wake up you press a few buttons to level up and sell gear. That's not ESO. The paradigm of rewards here is time and/or effort translates to commensurate reward. The benchmarking for Daily Writs is already too low for Provisioning and Enchanting and Alchemy. Lazy Writ Crafter speeds up even those and reduces everything to a couple of minutes and no thinking.

I'm suggesting a generalized alternative that moderates rewards and also puts Console on an equal footing with PC.

The argument you are making does not support the data given by others regarding the add-on, though. I admit that I am not familiar with the details, but others say there is a time benefit from using it, but the overall rewards are the same regardless of whether you use it or not.

Also, the add-on is far from just one button press. Your suggestion is just that - one button press. So how is that playing the game?

Hence my confusion.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    How about a lore-friendly way to integrate Lazy Writ Crafter into the game without having to give the AddOn to Consoles? -- Get A Job!

In each major city, you can go to an establishment related to your craft and watch your toon do craft-related animations for 30 seconds.
    Then you collect your pay (Inspiration, XP, a bit of gold) and if you are top-tier you get a chance of a Sealed Writ.
    No materials required (employer provides, like any reasonable workplace).
    NO materials paid out, either -- So you don't have to harvest gobs of platinum but you don't get any chance Chromium grains, for example.

EDIT: Surveys would come from hirelings in lieu of a regular delivery.

From my testing, the fastest way to do writs is without addons.

For example, I've crafted without addons using the gamepad ui and I was able to complete my writs faster than I had with LWC. However, it takes some planning and a lot of inventory slots.
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »
    I do precraft many things, but that takes up a fair bit of bag space I would much prefer to be free. It also gets to be a pain when I miss a day or several and have to figure out exactly what I need to precraft.

Having a single "craft the daily writ" option would solve this and bring us close (the same?) to the PC and would be a great Quality of Life improvement.

The loading times would remain a pain, as noted above, but at least this part would be more straightforward and comparable to what the PC has with the addon.

I just craft every other day. Day one I pickup daily writs. Day 2, craft day 1 and 2 at the same time to save time going to each crafting station only once. Turn in day one writs and pickup day 2’s and turn them in as well.

This way I don’t have nothing extra I am holding on to taking up space or worry about deconning or selling something by accident. They only thing I craft and hold on to all the time is food/drink and items for alchemy writs. I don’t do all the alchemy because I don’t think the once that high or rarer flowers are worth of, so I just dismiss those quest.

If I skip one day or several, I generally just craft the glyph turn it in and see what the glyph is for day 2 and adjust my crafting to what needs to be done for the writs I am holding and what will be required for that day’s writs.

I have what is required for each day’s writs written day, so I know what exactly needs to be done each day. Here is the 3-day rotation of writs except provisioning and alchemy that I use. I do my writs in Vivec and go in this order which is why I have them written below in that order. Start at enchantment table, next is jewelry, then woodworking, blacksmithing and finally clothing.

Day 1

Glyph - Stamina, Health
    Jewelry - 1 Rings, 3 Necklaces
    Woodworking - 2 Bows, Inferno, Ice, Lightning, Shield
    Blacksmithing - Sabatons, Gauntlet, Helm, Pauldron, Great Sword, Dagger
    Clothing - Shoes, Hat, Sash, Bracers, Helmet, Arm Cops

Day 2

Glyph - Health, Magic
    Jewelry - 3 Rings, 2 Necklaces
    Woodworking - Inferno, Ice, Lightning, 2 Resto’s, Shield
    Blacksmithing - Cuirass, Sabatons, Gauntlet, Greaves, Sword, Great Sword
    Clothing - Robe, Shoes, Hat, Breeches, Epaulets, Sash

Day 3

Glyph - Magic, Stamina
    Jewelry - 4 Rings, 1 Necklace
    Woodworking - 2 Bows, 2 Resto’s, 2 Shield’s
    Blacksmithing - Cuirass, Helm, Greaves, Pauldron, Sword, Dagger
    Clothing - Robe, breeches, Epaulets, Bracers, Helmet, Arm Cops

Hope this helps :)

Fun fact: you can pre-make up to 15 days of writs items if you have 210 slots....
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do precraft many things, but that takes up a fair bit of bag space I would much prefer to be free. It also gets to be a pain when I miss a day or several and have to figure out exactly what I need to precraft.

Having a single "craft the daily writ" option would solve this and bring us close (the same?) to the PC and would be a great Quality of Life improvement.

The loading times would remain a pain, as noted above, but at least this part would be more straightforward and comparable to what the PC has with the addon.

I just craft every other day. Day one I pickup daily writs. Day 2, craft day 1 and 2 at the same time to save time going to each crafting station only once. Turn in day one writs and pickup day 2’s and turn them in as well.

This way I don’t have nothing extra I am holding on to taking up space or worry about deconning or selling something by accident. They only thing I craft and hold on to all the time is food/drink and items for alchemy writs. I don’t do all the alchemy because I don’t think the once that high or rarer flowers are worth of, so I just dismiss those quest.

If I skip one day or several, I generally just craft the glyph turn it in and see what the glyph is for day 2 and adjust my crafting to what needs to be done for the writs I am holding and what will be required for that day’s writs.

I have what is required for each day’s writs written day, so I know what exactly needs to be done each day. Here is the 3-day rotation of writs except provisioning and alchemy that I use. I do my writs in Vivec and go in this order which is why I have them written below in that order. Start at enchantment table, next is jewelry, then woodworking, blacksmithing and finally clothing.

Day 1

Glyph - Stamina, Health
    Jewelry - 1 Rings, 3 Necklaces
    Woodworking - 2 Bows, Inferno, Ice, Lightning, Shield
    Blacksmithing - Sabatons, Gauntlet, Helm, Pauldron, Great Sword, Dagger
    Clothing - Shoes, Hat, Sash, Bracers, Helmet, Arm Cops

Day 2

Glyph - Health, Magic
    Jewelry - 3 Rings, 2 Necklaces
    Woodworking - Inferno, Ice, Lightning, 2 Resto’s, Shield
    Blacksmithing - Cuirass, Sabatons, Gauntlet, Greaves, Sword, Great Sword
    Clothing - Robe, Shoes, Hat, Breeches, Epaulets, Sash

Day 3

Glyph - Magic, Stamina
    Jewelry - 4 Rings, 1 Necklace
    Woodworking - 2 Bows, 2 Resto’s, 2 Shield’s
    Blacksmithing - Cuirass, Helm, Greaves, Pauldron, Sword, Dagger
    Clothing - Robe, breeches, Epaulets, Bracers, Helmet, Arm Cops

Hope this helps :)

Fun fact: you can pre-make up to 15 days of writs items if you have 210 slots....

Does this allow enough room to open up the rewards on day 1?

Just curious because I pre-craft 9 days for the material crafts, 12 days for jewelry, and 30 days for enchanting (prov/alchemy I just craft full stacks of everything) and if I could bring them all into the same sequence that would be refreshing, lol.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It would work better if things stacked more, including base equipment of the same style. Especially enchants.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would work better if things stacked more, including base equipment of the same style. Especially enchants.

Then you could literally do a stack of the whole rotation, and be set for 600 days on each character, giving up only ~35 inventory spots.

I don't foresee that happening
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »

Then you could literally do a stack of the whole rotation, and be set for 600 days on each character, giving up only ~35 inventory spots.

So we have to take up so much bag space for the same items because someone might do that?

It may be true, but it would be a stupid reason.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So we have to take up so much bag space for the same items because someone might do that?

It may be true, but it would be a stupid reason.

People wouldn't "might" do that. They would. I guarantee I would do this on almost all of my characters (my main healer doesn't really have 35 slots to spare with the dozens of trial sets/options I need). Then I find the city with the writ boards closest to the writ turn-in boxes. And instead of it taking me 90 seconds to do my writs, it takes me 10 seconds. And I only have to worry about making new items every ~2 years.

For the same rewards.

At that point, you might as well go take the OP's suggestion of just interacting with the writ boards, and it just automatically takes out the resources, and gives you the rewards, and not have to do anything.

Would it be nice, yes. Would I like it, maybe (the value of the goods gotten from writs would drop because they'd become more common, washing out any benefits you get most likely)

I'm not looking at the problem from a purely personal (selfish) view, I'm taking into account the game, the economy, etc. It would not be a good change.

(I'll admit, I don't get why glyphs don't stack, they should like the other consumable writs, alchemy & provisioning. But I certainly understand why gear doesn't stack.)
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does this allow enough room to open up the rewards on day 1?

Just curious because I pre-craft 9 days for the material crafts, 12 days for jewelry, and 30 days for enchanting (prov/alchemy I just craft full stacks of everything) and if I could bring them all into the same sequence that would be refreshing, lol.

It depends on if you have a craft bag, the new pack pets, and which tier of alchemy writs you are doing.

Here's the tool I created while experimenting with doing writs without addons.
    http://benevolentbowd.ca/games/esotu/eso-craftingwrit-calc/

It simulates doing your crafting writs for the number of days specified.

• Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I try to minimize the number of items I have to carry which is why I craft every other day. When I craft. Inventory management is a pain. It’s a “me” problem but I keep one set of all dropped sets in the game, so I don’t have a excessive amount of storage space left to devote to holding crafted items. Like to theory craft sometimes and having a set of everything on hand makes this easier to accomplish if I don’t need to farm said set to theory craft with.

Only have a 2-3 hours a day to play most days when I work which is 5 days a week. If I could craft on 18 characters in say an hour as PC can with the help of add-ons, I may do it a couple of days a week. Since it takes me at least 2 hours to do all 18 characters if I crafted daily, I would have little time for much else and that would make playing ESO like a job and not fun to play.

In truth I generally only craft on my master crafter every other day like I said before. When I get done with Western Skyrim, I may go back to doing 4-5 characters a day, but it starts getting boring and unfun quick after 30 minutes, so I stop. If I was at 8-10 characters done by then I would probably finish out the 18 total. Maybe? It becomes like draining when I see another 13-14 characters to go after 30 minutes. ESO is about fun and enjoyment to me.

It would be nice if they would add a craft writ button the layout screen when you go to each crafting station. This would speed thing on console a lot and put us more on par with PC. Sure, make it gated if you must to say max level or ESO plus or whatever you want so long as they add it.
    If they would do this, it would also be super helpful if they added a master writ button also. With the increasing styles added you must push the joystick over 60 times just to select your style. When you do several masterwrits at a time this gets old very very quickly.

Thanks, be safe and have fun in Tamerial and the real world.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I try to minimize the number of items I have to carry which is why I craft every other day. When I craft. Inventory management is a pain. It’s a “me” problem but I keep one set of all dropped sets in the game, so I don’t have a excessive amount of storage space left to devote to holding crafted items. Like to theory craft sometimes and having a set of everything on hand makes this easier to accomplish if I don’t need to farm said set to theory craft with.

Only have a 2-3 hours a day to play most days when I work which is 5 days a week. If I could craft on 18 characters in say an hour as PC can with the help of add-ons, I may do it a couple of days a week. Since it takes me at least 2 hours to do all 18 characters if I crafted daily, I would have little time for much else and that would make playing ESO like a job and not fun to play.

In truth I generally only craft on my master crafter every other day like I said before. When I get done with Western Skyrim, I may go back to doing 4-5 characters a day, but it starts getting boring and unfun quick after 30 minutes, so I stop. If I was at 8-10 characters done by then I would probably finish out the 18 total. Maybe? It becomes like draining when I see another 13-14 characters to go after 30 minutes. ESO is about fun and enjoyment to me.

It would be nice if they would add a craft writ button the layout screen when you go to each crafting station. This would speed thing on console a lot and put us more on par with PC. Sure, make it gated if you must to say max level or ESO plus or whatever you want so long as they add it.
    If they would do this, it would also be super helpful if they added a master writ button also. With the increasing styles added you must push the joystick over 60 times just to select your style. When you do several masterwrits at a time this gets old very very quickly.

Thanks, be safe and have fun in Tamerial and the real world.

Just to play devil's advocate here.

So, it would take you 2 hours on console to do writs on 18 characters (maybe 2.5 the day you make everything, then 1.5 the next day when you just turn them in, hypothetically)

Time to do writs on 18 characters (on PC, with the LWC add-on) vary drastically, and is actually based more on the load screens between characters, and that is solely dependent on your computer.

I can do 18 characters of writs in about an hour, and I have a fairly high end setup. M.2 drive, 32 GB RAM, etc. No console is going to even touch the performance I get from my PC. So, I'm going to assume my load screens are shorter than most. (Ironically, one of the biggest "slowdowns" of PC load times are add-ons :joy: )

Let's say that the use of the add-on being built into Console can save you 30 minutes a day then (split the middle), so now, instead of 2 hours, it's 1.5 hours. That's a savings of 25% of time. Great, right.

Let's look at the economies (I did this in an earlier post). The "value" of writs is 25% lower on PC than it is on console (for XBOX, since Feric was the only one to give me any sort of average prices)

This means as a time value for what you get from writs. They're about the same on both PC and XBOX (and I'd assume PS4 is similar to XBOX)

So, be careful what you wish for. You may very well save 25% of time to do your writs, but you're likely going to get 25% less rewards as a result. No net change. (Yes, for a SHORT while, while the economy adjusts, you might make some more profit)

You can accomplish the same thing personally, by only doing writs on 13 or 14 characters and be in the same situation and time spent as those of us on PC.

The economies on the separate servers bake into them the ease of doing writs. They're more difficult to do on console, so you get greater value for your time.

So, you have a choice.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Real life time is premium and not gold or materials in the game. Time saving is what I am all about.

I would just like to save the time since time to play is limited most days. Plus, you forgot about the extra gold you would make from just doing the writs themselves minus the gold mats. Personally, I don't sell gold mats so for me it would a net overall increase.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Real life time is premium and not gold or materials in the game. Time saving is what I am all about.

I would just like to save the time since time to play is limited most days. Plus, you forgot about the extra gold you would make from just doing the writs themselves minus the gold mats. Personally, I don't sell gold mats so for me it would a net overall increase.

I didn't forget about the extra gold you get. That's all factored in. And even if you don't sell the gold mats, those are materials you don't have to buy from spending time doing other things in the game (such as farming)

Looking at the value as a whole of all the drops from the writs is the only fair way to compare.

And on console you are getting more for your time on a per minute/hour basis.

So, if they take too much time, do fewer writs. That is entirely your choice on how many writs you want to do. If the rewards aren't worth the effort, simply don't do them.

(I have a similar conundrum in real life. I work a job that pays well, but I have several months off each year. I've pondered if it's worthwhile to get a 2nd "menial" job in that time off, that may pay less... but after the taxes I would pay, being at the higher paying job most of the year, it's simply not worth my time for what I would be making. Now if I didn't have that other job, I would do it in a heartbeat, as I'd need the money, and I'd be taxed at a much lower rate because of the progressive tax structure in the US)

I just know... that if ZoS would ever introduce an "auto-crafting" system... I can guarantee that we'll see a whole bunch of "Why is the price of Dreugh Wax crashing on XBOX NA server?" "I can't make as much gold anymore, did ZoS adjust the drop rates?"

The economy will stabilize to the effort it takes to accomplish the task. They change the ease at which to do writs by 25% (rough estimate of time saved from using LWC add-on, or some other multicrafting to queue them up), the economy will price the overall rewards 25% lower (and yes, all my calculations include the actual gold from doing the writs...)
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I see your point but as I said it's all about actually time for me. The game economy is pretty far down the line since I have enough mats to do what I want to do. Doing writs for 2 hours is too much time for me so I choose not to do them most of the time. Go thru times where I do and times where I don't.

Just my idea of how to bridge the gap of convenience between PC and console when it comes to doing daily writs and master writs.

Be safe and have fun :)
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I play with my characters as well as run daily writs (when I do). Yes, I would craft a bunch of stuff at a time to save time, but I would still have to

- Have the raw mats to make stuff - this does add up.
    - Accept and turn-in the quests
    - Craft every so often.

Many of the conveniences we have in the game make it easier for the bots and others, so what?

I want a game that is more enjoyable. Logging out and back in on different characters still takes a lot of time and I have to skip crafting many days when I run around for skill points.

=====

Someone mentions "pets" (plural) that add inventory spaces. I only know of the pig. Did I miss one?
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They just added the Mournhold Packrat for another 5 spaces on each character.

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/crownstore/item/5796?mournhold-packrat
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They just added the Mournhold Packrat for another 5 spaces on each character.

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/crownstore/item/5796?mournhold-packrat

That pet looks like it should give space, but nothing says it does. Can anyone confirm this?

(Or tell me what I am missing since I did check it out in the past.)
    Edited by FlopsyPrince on June 21, 2020 7:29AM
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Neither does this post.

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/crownstore/item/5804?bristleneck-war-boar

But both give 5 spaces each. I know I have both. On the left of the screen you Non-Combat Pets which list 2 inventory pets.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I want a game that is more enjoyable. Logging out and back in on different characters still takes a lot of time and I have to skip crafting many days when I run around for skill points.

This is a completely different issue.

This is true regardless of add-ons, and an issue that we have on PC as well (sometimes even worse because of those add-ons, as they are the single biggest culprit to the length of load screens, many add-ons are very, very bloated)

We all have to make a decision on what we find enjoyable in the game. If dealing with the load screens and running around for skill points on all your characters isn't "fun"... then why do you do it? You don't have to do writs you know?

It's already been determined that a skilled console crafter, IF they have the inventory space, can craft multiple days ahead. It's also been shown, that crafting multiple days ahead is actually FASTER than doing them each and every day visiting each crafting station to do them using LWC. So the issue is the loading screens on Console. That's the only difference then.

I get the argument about console wanting some things added in, I don't think this is one that they're going to do, BECAUSE of the above.

Also, this is one of the few MMOs that even has a console version, period. Most others don't even bother because of the sub-par performance that a console gets compared to a PC. ZoS doesn't communicate well, but maybe they've done internal testing on putting in many of these add-ons into the base game, and have determined that they'd bring performance on consoles to an unacceptably low level (not that it isn't already there)

Console is already the reason for the housing item limits, because they don't want to negatively impact performance for ALL players, even though most of us on PC have more than enough computing power to handle double/triple/quadruple what they give us.

At the end of the day. Console players bought the game KNOWING they would not have access to the same "add-on" QOL improvements that are used in almost all MMOs. That was a choice that was made when players determined which platform to play on. Other MMOs basically say "screw consoles" and don't even give their game as an option. You get the advantage of being able to play this game on a $300 console, whereas you're spending at least twice that for a PC to run this game... (and many of us spending 4-8x that much).
    Edited by tmbrinks on June 21, 2020 12:53PM
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

This is a completely different issue.

This is true regardless of add-ons, and an issue that we have on PC as well (sometimes even worse because of those add-ons, as they are the single biggest culprit to the length of load screens, many add-ons are very, very bloated)

We all have to make a decision on what we find enjoyable in the game. If dealing with the load screens and running around for skill points on all your characters isn't "fun"... then why do you do it? You don't have to do writs you know?

It's already been determined that a skilled console crafter, IF they have the inventory space, can craft multiple days ahead. It's also been shown, that crafting multiple days ahead is actually FASTER than doing them each and every day visiting each crafting station to do them using LWC. So the issue is the loading screens on Console. That's the only difference then.

I get the argument about console wanting some things added in, I don't think this is one that they're going to do, BECAUSE of the above.

Also, this is one of the few MMOs that even has a console version, period. Most others don't even bother because of the sub-par performance that a console gets compared to a PC. ZoS doesn't communicate well, but maybe they've done internal testing on putting in many of these add-ons into the base game, and have determined that they'd bring performance on consoles to an unacceptably low level (not that it isn't already there)

Console is already the reason for the housing item limits, because they don't want to negatively impact performance for ALL players, even though most of us on PC have more than enough computing power to handle double/triple/quadruple what they give us.

At the end of the day. Console players bought the game KNOWING they would not have access to the same "add-on" QOL improvements that are used in almost all MMOs. That was a choice that was made when players determined which platform to play on. Other MMOs basically say "screw consoles" and don't even give their game as an option. You get the advantage of being able to play this game on a $300 console, whereas you're spending at least twice that for a PC to run this game... (and many of us spending 4-8x that much).

I was using those as examples of "hassles" that would still remain, even if stacking of items that were exactly the same.

And no, I didn't buy the game "knowing" I would have a substandard experience. I bought it because it looked interesting and I figured it would have some good Quality of Life support.

I probably should have known better on that, since it is an MMO, but I still expect it. I may never get it, but I do expect improvements. If I get frustrated or annoyed enough I will take my spending elsewhere. I am not the biggest spender, but I do put money into the games I play so it would benefit them to make reasonable adjustments to make my play time more of an enjoyable experience.

That said, I am not holding my breath waiting for that.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don’t think you can claim the above is true for console players. We don’t compare to PC because we don’t game on PC.

We buy ESO on console because we play all of our games on console.

I play ESO because I played Oblivion and Skyrim on console.

The base game functionality between the two are the same, add-ons confuse the issue because they are add-ons.

Please don’t take this down the tired old road that “PC players can’t have nice things because of console players.” So tired of hearing that.

I’m on the side of leaving things as they are as well, so don’t blame me.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Neither does this post.

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/crownstore/item/5804?bristleneck-war-boar

But both give 5 spaces each. I know I have both. On the left of the screen you Non-Combat Pets which list 2 inventory pets.

Thanks for the pointers everyone. The extra space is worth the cost.

I bought it before I saw this note, on the chance it would help and it does!

They might make more sales if they updated the item text.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don’t think you can claim the above is true for console players. We don’t compare to PC because we don’t game on PC.

We buy ESO on console because we play all of our games on console.

I play ESO because I played Oblivion and Skyrim on console.

The base game functionality between the two are the same, add-ons confuse the issue because they are add-ons.

Please don’t take this down the tired old road that “PC players can’t have nice things because of console players.” So tired of hearing that.

I’m on the side of leaving things as they are as well, so don’t blame me.

Things are likely to get left as they are, but do you really not want ongoing improvements? Were the mini-map improvements bad?
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The one example I used... housing limits... ZoS explicitly stated as such in an episode of ESO LIVE that was the reason for them. I wish I could find the episode.

They said something to the like of...

"I know many of you have asked for increases in housing items limits. Unfortunately we are unable to increase the numbers because it would drastically impair performance on Console and low-end PC's to a point we're not comfortable with" or something along those lines.

And, as a result, many of the new furnishings are larger and more detailed (filled in bookshelves, etc...) so they are only 1 "item" but they require less resources to load.

Also, I played pretty much exclusively on Console before coming to ESO, my first MMO. Including Oblivion and Skyrim myself on my trusty PS3!! (I played some turn based games on PC previously, but nothing w/ action combat). I made the decision to play ESO on PC because I did some research before I picked it up, and learned that MMO experiences, in general, were far superior on PC.