The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Daily Writs] Get a Job instead? - Consoles vs. PC vs. Lazy Writ Crafter

• FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The addon would be really nice, especially since I would save bag space and not have to remember what today's crafting was when I am at the station and not have to craft so much ahead of time.

You may not see a need for it, but it still has great value.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm on console and I do daily crafting on 11 toons. I average 55k gold each day plus mats, MC writs and surveys. It take between 5-7 mins per toon. I don't mind the time or mats spent and the rewards for what is spent is acceptable.

You've said repeatedly that your idea would help consoles but you have also said the you don't know about consolesas far as mats and writ vouchers. I am a Guild leader with a fully stocked Guild hall and we are making a second stocked hall. The writ vouchers and mats are all being used. If people are stockpiling vouchers with "nothing to spend them on" Why are they doing the writs?

To speak for console that you don't know about is just an empty argument.
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, come on. PC player have the option to use the Lazy Crafter add on and that's still too time consuming?

You've also mentioned a couple time about cross platform and platform switching. I for one don't want either of those because of the problems that go along with them, like the whole PC vs. Console argument. This was very obvious in games like Sea of Thieves and Dauntless.
    Edited by Alphawolf01A on May 19, 2020 8:24AM
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be interested to know what the average prices are for materials, particularly the gold improvement materials and what items from the writ voucher vendor sell for.

I'd bet, the time savings that PC gets from using Lazy Writ Crafter (say 40% time savings per character doing writs), equates to about a 40% lower "profit" from doing said writs, due to them being more valuable to do on Console because they are more "difficult" to do, and the equivalent smaller source of those gold improvement materials and writ vouchers.

The economies on the respective platforms have more than likely priced in the ease of obtaining the resources on their respective economies. (After all, that is one of the basic tenets of any free-market economy)

EDIT: To post prices (PC/NA)

Tempering Alloy: ~5k
    Dreugh Wax: ~7.5k
    Rosin: ~2.5k
    Kuta: ~2k
    Chromium: ~78k
    Writ Vouchers: ~600 each
    Edited by tmbrinks on May 19, 2020 4:43PM
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »

@tmbrinks

I've been scrolling traders pretty hard the last few days (I took a 6-month sabbatical from the game and now have a ton of motifs to get caught up on) and here are the prices of mats on XB-NA as of last night.

Tempering Alloy: 6.5 - 7k
    Dreugh Wax: 7 - 7.5k
    Rosin: 6.5 - 7k
    Kuta: 4.5 - 5k
    Chromium: 78 - 80k
    Terne: 3.5k
    Iridium: 13k
    Zircon: 27 - 30k
    Ancestor Silk: 10k/stack refined, 18k/stack raw
    Ruby Ash/Leather/Ore: 2-3k/stack refined, 10k/stack raw

Not sure if your writ voucher price is based on how much unopened master writs sell for, or what the items purchased with vouchers sell for, but here's XB-NA pricing for unopened master writs:

Epic BS/cloth/WW: 300 - 500 per voucher
    Epic Alchemy/Enchanting/Provisioning: 1k per voucher

Legendary BS/cloth: 350 - 500 per voucher
    Legendary WW: 250 - 350 per voucher
    Legendary Enchanting: 500 - 750 per voucher

Jewelry (all levels): 50 - 100 per voucher unless it's a 600+ legendary

*Note, I haven't encountered any prismatic enchanting or legendary provisioning master writs for sale recently, so I can't remark on those.

Outside of major differences on Kuta and Rosin, XB-NA prices aren't as far apart as you might think.

Edit: Words.
    Edited by Feric51 on May 19, 2020 6:27PM
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »

@tmbrinks

I've been scrolling traders pretty hard the last few days (I took a 6-month sabbatical from the game and now have a ton of motifs to get caught up on) and here are the prices of mats on XB-NA as of last night.

Tempering Alloy: 6.5 - 7k
    Dreugh Wax: 7 - 7.5k
    Rosin: 6.5 - 7k
    Kuta: 4.5 - 5k
    Chromium: 78 - 80k
    Terne: 3.5k
    Iridium: 13k
    Zircon: 27 - 30k
    Ancestor Silk: 10k/stack refined, 18k/stack raw
    Ruby Ash/Leather/Ore: 2-3k/stack refined, 10k/stack raw

Not sure if your writ voucher price is based on how much unopened master writs sell for, or what the items purchased with vouchers sell for, but here's XB-NA pricing for unopened master writs:

Epic BS/cloth/WW: 300 - 500 per voucher
    Epic Alchemy/Enchanting/Provisioning: 1k per voucher

Legendary BS/cloth: 350 - 500 per voucher
    Legendary WW: 250 - 350 per voucher
    Legendary Enchanting: 500 - 750 per voucher

Jewelry (all levels): 50 - 100 per voucher unless it's a 600+ legendary

*Note, I haven't encountered any prismatic enchanting or legendary provisioning master writs for sale recently, so I can't remark on those.

Outside of major differences on Kuta and Rosin, XB-NA prices aren't as far apart as you might think.

Edit: Words.
    Thanks @Feric51 , hopefully somebody from PS4 can chime in as well!

The writ vouchers were for selling items from the vendor. And your prices are all probably about 100 more than they are on PC.

So for percentages: (Percentage higher XBox is than PC)
    Tempering Alloy: 30%
    Wax: Same
    Rosin: 160%
    Kuta: 200%
    Chromium: Same
    Terne: 250% (1k on PC)
    Iridium: 62.5% (8k on PC)
    Zircon: Same

Ancestor Silk: 100% (5k on PC)
    Ruby Ash/Ore: Same
    Leather: -33% (4k on PC)

Other than leather being an outlier (Aren't bots killing animals more prevalent on the consoles?), We can certainly say that writs are "more profitable" on console than they are on PC.

I don't know if this makes up for the lack of the add-on, and I'd be more than happy if they implemented the same addon for consoles. But, PC players aren't really making any more gold than their counterparts on the consoles are. The time spent per million gold made is going to come out to be pretty close. (Yes, I'm ignoring the gold you get from just doing the writs, but my analysis shows that's only 20% of the profit of writs, the majority is in the things that drop above)

Also, many people on PC "can't be bothered to do writs" even with the add-on. So, for most, it's a motivation issue anyways.

EDIT:

I plugged your values into the spreadsheet I have (assuming all other prices the same). Profit per month on the characters for doing writs went from 529k a month per character to 651k a month per character, a 23% increase.

Does LWC save 23% time... probably.
    Edited by tmbrinks on May 19, 2020 6:59PM
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Does LWC save 23% time... probably.

I've been mostly silent on this post, but I wanted to clarify something about LazyWritCrafter since I've only ever played on XBox and have no knowledge of how any addons actually work.

With LWC, do you still have to physically visit each crafting station and then the addon just does the interaction process for you, or does it somehow tap into the code and craft the items while standing at the writ bounty board?

I'm just asking because once you get into a groove of doing writs and know the pairings (ie on days that BS asks for dagger/helm/pauldron; then WW will automatically request bow/bow/shield and clothing with be bracers/helm/arm cops) I only lose a few seconds at each station beyond the GCD of the crafting process (which I believe the addon would still be affected by).

I can also further decrease the time loss by pre-crafting large quantities on crafting-specific characters. I do writs on 11 characters a day, and only have one at a time that I'm actively playing/questing with so if the other ten have inventories full of crafted stuff, so be it **they all have max bag/horse space = 200 slots

Here's my standard pre-craft setup:
    3 each: dagger, sword, gsword, cuirass, sabatons, gauntlets, greaves, helm, pauldron = 27 slots
    3 each: inferno, ice, lightning staves = 9 slots
    6 each: shields, resto staff, bow = 18 slots
    3 each: robe, breeches, epaulets, shoes, hat, sash, bracers, helmet, arm cops = 27 slots
    16: rings = 16 slots
    12: necklaces = 12 slots
    10 each: superb glyph of stamina, magicka, health = 30 slots
    100 each: essence of health/stamina/magicka and ravage health = 4 slots
    96 each: drain health, damage health/stamina/magicka poisons = 4 slots
    100 each: whatever six food/drinks needed for provisioning writs = 6 slots

So what this amounts to is 81 slots for material crafts, 28 slots for jewelry, 30 slots for enchanting, 8 slots for alchemy and 6 slots for provisioning (81 + 28 + 30 + 8 + 6) = 153 slots on day 1. This may sounds like a lot, but those characters are mainly sitting idle anyway, so their inventory doesn't get used otherwise.

Using this format I can get a minimum of 9 days before needing to revisit a material crafting station, 12 days between jewelry stations, 30 days for enchanting, 300 days for provisioning, and 784 days for alchemy! **I provide each character with their own alchemy and provisioning items to avoid pulling stuff from the bank since I don't have addons to assist with this, and the 14 inventory slots this costs me is small potatoes.

My preferred zone to do writs is Velyn Harbor in Malabal Tor because the turn-in location is super close to the writ boards and horse training stable and it seems to have a far lesser chance of an "unusually long load time" compared to other convenient sites (Alinor, Vivec, etc). I realize I have to enter a building to access the consumable/jewelry tables, but since I'm only doing it once every 12 days (max) it's a small consequence. Plus... I know the layout so well my muscle memory is embedded at this point. *Only downside is the area is aggro until you complete a zone story quest - most easily done during the leveling stage of the character and only takes about 10 minutes or so.

Long story short, if I was simply running through writs I average about 4-5 minutes per character including login/logout screens. On the days I need to re-craft material items (day 9) this roughly doubles.. jewelry craft (day 12) adds about 1 minute, and enchanting (day 30) adds about a minute per character. This is best case scenario, however, and in reality I take about 10 minutes per character because all of them (except my main crafter) are in the process of researching item traits which I'm tracking on a paper spreadsheet. This involves crafting the item on my main, banking it, and tracking which character is researching which item to be the most time efficient. So I'm at the point where most of the characters are still visiting the stations daily to research, but eventually this will stop!! (I hope)

After turning in the writs I open the boxes, grab an NPC merchant by the blacksmith station to sell ornate pieces, then summon my personal banker by the material writ board and deposit recipes, surveys and master writs for main character to use/sell, and also deposit intricate items for my latest alt to deconstruct then logout to the next character down the line.

To round out the day I get back on my main and pull the surveys and recipes out. I stockpile the surveys until I get into a mood to run a bunch of them and list the recipes for sale on my guild trader(s). Oh yeah, at this point I also have 50+ hireling mails to open up because I have all my alts at 3/3 for every hireling. Checking hireling mail is actually the most tedious part of my day ever since ZOS added a global cooldown to mail retrieval with a previous (Summerset?) patch.

TL;DR - Pre-crafting a bunch of writ items puts console pretty much on par with PC writ turn in times.
    Edited by Feric51 on May 19, 2020 8:09PM
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feric51, LazyWritCrafter picks up the writs when you interact with the writ board, crafts the items when you interact with the crafting station or grabs them from your bank when you interact with a banker, turns them in when you interact with the turn-in box, and if you want, opens up your rewards.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feric51, LazyWritCrafter picks up the writs when you interact with the writ board, crafts the items when you interact with the crafting station or grabs them from your bank when you interact with a banker, turns them in when you interact with the turn-in box, and if you want, opens up your rewards.

Gotcha, but it doesn’t bypass the “cooldown” timer between crafts and opening boxes does it? I mean I can spam *craft dagger* as fast as I can press the button, but the game’s internal timer only allows me to craft one item every second... give or take.

Does LWC craft the necessary items the split second you interact with the crafting station?
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Gotcha, but it doesn’t bypass the “cooldown” timer between crafts and opening boxes does it? I mean I can spam *craft dagger* as fast as I can press the button, but the game’s internal timer only allows me to craft one item every second... give or take.

Does LWC craft the necessary items the split second you interact with the crafting station?

I don't recall if there's a option to have it automatically craft the writ items when you interact with the station. I click the button to tell it to do so.

It does not bypass the "cooldown" on crafting items.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is an option to have it autocraft the items when you go to the station, but it still has to craft them one at a time. And you still have to visit the stations.

It does now take advantage of the game's multicraft so if you have more than 1 of the exact same item it will craft them in one go, just like you can in the base game.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I don't recall if there's a option to have it automatically craft the writ items when you interact with the station. I click the button to tell it to do so.

You can multi-craft items now.

TMBrinks post did remind me that the price for mats produced/gained from daily writs may be higher than on the PC, but that is not relevant for me since I never sell my extra mats. I would take ease every time and getting more people to do something featured in the game is usually better.

I am not sure I can swap to Malabal Tor as someone noted, but that might have value, especially where I am training riding on 2 alts I just started.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes I have ESO Plus and the crafting bag. I decided in order to be able to do master writs it was worth it. I bet the add-on users have it too.

Would I do 18 toons worth of daily crafting writs without an add-on? No

Would I do 18 toons worth of crafting writs with an add-on? No

I do enough toons to get what I need to devote as much time to playing the game like I want to. If other people like to do more, then I’m happy for them. They are doing what they want to.

I want to get straight to the point and say that revamping the whole crafting setup because you don’t like the fact that other players get more for doing more is not valid. You are perfectly capable of doing more too, nothing is stopping you.

You get the same rewards, it just takes a little more time. But you don’t want to do more, you just want to keep others from getting them.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

TMBrinks post did remind me that the price for mats produced/gained from daily writs may be higher than on the PC, but that is not relevant for me since I never sell my extra mats. I would take ease every time and getting more people to do something featured in the game is usually better.

I am not sure I can swap to Malabal Tor as someone noted, but that might have value, especially where I am training riding on 2 alts I just started.

Yeah, I get that. I sell some of mine, because at this point I have upgraded most of my gear.

That said, they still have a "value", and if you didn't do the writs, you'd have to buy them at that price. So the price/sales argument does still hold. And the base game values for gold (from quests, monster drops, etc..) are the same on the different platforms, so that gold is more valuable on the consoles due to there being less of it, making doing writs more valuable.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, I get that. I sell some of mine, because at this point I have upgraded most of my gear.

That said, they still have a "value", and if you didn't do the writs, you'd have to buy them at that price. So the price/sales argument does still hold. And the base game values for gold (from quests, monster drops, etc..) are the same on the different platforms, so that gold is more valuable on the consoles due to there being less of it, making doing writs more valuable.

They do have value, I just tend to hoard things like this.

I also pile up XP boosts and such....
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • VoxAdActa
    VoxAdActa
    ✭✭✭✭
    My preferred zone to do writs is Velyn Harbor in Malabal Tor

Velyn Harbor fans unite!

It's one of the few zones where the woodworking table isn't off in the boonies compare to the rest of them (do woodworkers smell or something?), the bank and the turnin location are right there, it's quiet, uncrowded, and zone chat isn't usually full of random nonsense.

The only downside to VH is, last time I was there (back when I played on Xbox, so a while ago; I just restarted everything on PC), there were no guild traders. So if I needed to pick up something for research or ran short on dwarven oil, I was just out of luck.

Not sure why they decided on that; even Vukhel Guard has one guild trader.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VoxAdActa wrote: »

It doesn’t make sense to have a guild trader in an initial combat zone, @VoxAdActa. Not every player enjoys questing.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am enjoying Velyn Harbor.

Ticked me off today that a guard accosted me when I accidentally clicked on the wrong thing when turning in the dailies though.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You get the same rewards, it just takes a little more time. But you don’t want to do more, you just want to keep others from getting them.

???
    I do 18 on PC with AddOn.

This is about equalizing PC and Console, taking into the account the convenience of the AddOn, but also realistically how the AddOn makes the Daily Writs too good.
    If you want to change the topic, start a new thread.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on May 24, 2020 3:19AM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »

???
    I do 18 on PC with AddOn.

This is about equalizing PC and Console, taking into the account the convenience of the AddOn, but also realistically how the AddOn makes the Daily Writs too good.
    If you want to change the topic, start a new thread.

How exactly does the addon make Daily Writs "too good" compared to someone who precrafts their writ items and turns them in quickly?

The rewards have nothing to do with the add-on.
  • VoxAdActa
    VoxAdActa
    ✭✭✭✭
    VoxAdActa wrote: »

It doesn’t make sense to have a guild trader in an initial combat zone, @VoxAdActa. Not every player enjoys questing.

Ah. Yes. I forgot about that.

Good call.
  • Alentarlixia
    Alentarlixia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really don’t understand why this discussiom is taking place. The add-on can’t be that much of a time saver.

Four crafters worth of dailies takes me about 30 minutes with loading times of probably 2 minutes in between characters.
    4 crafters = 30 Minutes
    18 crafters = 135 Minutes.

In my case, it's not one AddOn, it's 4.
    - Lazy Writ Crafter
    - Autobanker
    - Dustman
    - Dressing Room

I have 18 Toons. Every toon wears a "crafter armor" with 5 piece of Fjords Armor and three piece of swift jewelry.

1. If I play the character regularly I press one key to switch to crafter armor.
    During Step 2-7 activate sprint
    2. Click the first board, take all quests, automatically.
    3. Go to each table: Tailoring, Blacksmithing, Woodworking. Craft Items, automatically
    4. Click the second board, take all quests, automatically.
    5. Go to each table: Enchanting, Jewelry. Craft Items, automatically
    6. Alchemy and Provisioning precrafted and once in 3 months I need some time to recraft items
    7. Turn in Quests and open the bags, automatically
    8. (In Vivec) If you reach the end of the wooden planks, stop sprinting. The system needs the time to open all bags, listen to the sound, it stops if all bags are opened.
    9. Talk to the banker. (No loading screen, as Vivec has an "open air trader") Deposit stuff and gold in your bank, automatically
    10. Once every two weeks on the toons you use for writs only: Talk to a NPC to sell ornate items, automatically.

45 Minutes per day if not done at prime time.

The AddOns are that much of a time saver. Compared to console I save 90mins/day 45 hours/month.
    And it's not over yet. About 10-15 masterwrits and 10-15 surveys want to be done too and I haven't talked about selling items at the guild vendor, opening and deleting my mail automatically and having a more or less exact information when it comes to gold/voucher for the masterwrits.

Need to stop now. Tomorrow is release day. Need to sell Attunable Crafting Stations ;)
    Greetings.
    Edited by Alentarlixia on May 26, 2020 1:00AM
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aegeides wrote: »
    I really don’t understand why this discussiom is taking place. The add-on can’t be that much of a time saver.

Four crafters worth of dailies takes me about 30 minutes with loading times of probably 2 minutes in between characters.
    4 crafters = 30 Minutes
    18 crafters = 135 Minutes.

In my case, it's not one AddOn, it's 4.
    - Lazy Writ Crafter
    - Autobanker
    - Dustman
    - Dressing Room

I have 18 Toons. Every toon wears a "crafter armor" with 5 piece of Fjords Armor and three piece of swift jewelry.

1. If I play the character regularly I press one key to switch to crafter armor.
    During Step 2-7 activate sprint
    2. Click the first board, take all quests, automatically.
    3. Go to each table: Tailoring, Blacksmithing, Woodworking. Craft Items, automatically
    4. Click the second board, take all quests, automatically.
    5. Go to each table: Enchanting, Jewelry. Craft Items, automatically
    6. Alchemy and Provisioning precrafted and once in 3 months I need some time to recraft items
    7. Turn in Quests and open the bags, automatically
    8. (In Vivec) If you reach the end of the wooden planks, stop sprinting. The system needs the time to open all bags, listen to the sound, it stops if all bags are opened.
    9. Talk to the banker. (No loading screen, as Vivec has an "open air trader") Deposit stuff and gold in your bank, automatically
    10. Once every two weeks on the toons you use for writs only: Talk to a NPC to sell ornate items, automatically.

45 Minutes per day if not done at prime time.

The AddOns are that much of a time saver. Compared to console I save 90mins/day 45 hours/month.
    And it's not over yet. About 10-15 masterwrits and 10-15 surveys want to be done too and I haven't talked about selling items at the guild vendor, opening and deleting my mail automatically and having a more or less exact information when it comes to gold/voucher for the masterwrits.

Need to stop now. Tomorrow is release day. Need to sell Attunable Crafting Stations ;)
    Greetings.

If you have space on your character, you can pre-craft the items, since they follow a rotation, which is what many of the console crafters do.

EDIT: Misread

Add-ons
    LWC
    Personal Assisstant
    Slash Assistant

Yes, LWC saves time. But an experienced console crafter could go though and craft on one day 2 or 3 of each of the items that are needed for writs for the whole rotation, since they all follow 3 day rotations at max level (other than Alchemy) and have their writs done for 6 (or 9) days, and those days would be actually faster than doing them on PC with the add-on since they wouldn't even have to visit the stations.
    Edited by tmbrinks on May 26, 2020 5:52AM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So why does someone who does 18 toons worth of crafting writs using add-ons suggest to do away with all those great crafting rewards to give some benefit to console players?

Doesn’t make much sense to me.

I like the rewards and am happy to do writs the way I am now. Like I said, I wouldn’t do writs on more toons and I wouldn’t save much time with the ones I have if I used an add-on.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't want to pre-craft which is why only do 2 days at a time and craft every other day. On PS4 if I do all 18 characters it will take me at least 2 hours rushing when I can to do it that quick. I would love to be able to do it in 45 minutes. Really wish ZOS would add something to the base game to help console players to help level the playing field against PC.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am enjoying Velyn Harbor.

Ticked me off today that a guard accosted me when I accidentally clicked on the wrong thing when turning in the dailies though.

That inferno staff leaning against the woodworker crate behind the clothing turn-in crate gets me at least once a day during my 11 character cycle...
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

• FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So why does someone who does 18 toons worth of crafting writs using add-ons suggest to do away with all those great crafting rewards to give some benefit to console players?

I like the rewards and am happy to do writs the way I am now. Like I said, I wouldn’t do writs on more toons and I wouldn’t save much time with the ones I have if I used an add-on.

So no one else can benefit because you are content where you are personally?
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »
    I don't want to pre-craft which is why only do 2 days at a time and craft every other day. On PS4 if I do all 18 characters it will take me at least 2 hours rushing when I can to do it that quick. I would love to be able to do it in 45 minutes. Really wish ZOS would add something to the base game to help console players to help level the playing field against PC.

Pre-crafting 6 days means 5 of those days go quickly.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So no one else can benefit because you are content where you are personally?

Benefit from having their rewards taken away?

EDIT:

That’s the response for the original suggestion in this thread.

If we are talking about somehow adding the add-on to consoles, which I don’t think they’d do, I would be fine with other people doing it but I would not. That is what I originally meant.

I believe the devs envisioned people actually crafting everything by hand, not using something to artificially speed things up. That’s sort of like not really playing the game. I believe it is the same as why we don’t have a global auction house - they want us to go through the motions that our character would do.

That’s just my opinion, though.
    Edited by katanagirl1 on May 27, 2020 5:32AM
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Milli_Rabbit
    Milli_Rabbit
    ✭✭✭
    No mats awarded (even if none are used) would be a no go for me. That's the main reason I'm doing them right now. If you're suggesting this as an alternative in addition to what we already have, I could get on board with it, but then it still has console behind PC.

I still suspect that we've had way too much of a good thing for too long and at some point, writs will turn into a daily per account instead of per character, probably with a boost to rewards to compensate slightly. It's easily the best gold per minute in the game and something like that has to be on ZOS' radar for potential nerfing eventually.

I agree here. The mats are the reward. The gold is just nice to have also. Heck, I'd be happy if the gold reward ended up being a net zero after taking into account mat cost to complete writs. But getting gold mats occasionally from daily writs is the value of them for me.

I strongly hope they do not nerf writs. They are a significant task for what you get out of them. You are trading boredom for mats and gold. You think I enjoy doing daily writs every day? No, and that's why it shouldn't be nerfed.