The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Daily Writs] Get a Job instead? - Consoles vs. PC vs. Lazy Writ Crafter

Dusk_Coven
Dusk_Coven
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
How about a lore-friendly way to integrate Lazy Writ Crafter into the game without having to give the AddOn to Consoles? -- Get A Job!

In each major city, you can go to an establishment related to your craft and watch your toon do craft-related animations for 30 seconds.
Then you collect your pay (Inspiration, XP, a bit of gold) and if you are top-tier you get a chance of a Sealed Writ.
No materials required (employer provides, like any reasonable workplace).
NO materials paid out, either -- So you don't have to harvest gobs of platinum but you don't get any chance Chromium grains, for example.

EDIT: Surveys would come from hirelings in lieu of a regular delivery.
Edited by Dusk_Coven on May 12, 2020 7:30AM
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    TO be fair they have integrated addon functionality to the base game before, but i doubt they would allow us to automate it.

Imho if you combine potion maker with lazy writ crafter, then your alch station gets a button "Writs".

They could add that to the base game, so if you select that, then the writ required pieces are automatically selected and you just need to hit craft.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »
    TO be fair they have integrated addon functionality to the base game before, but i doubt they would allow us to automate it.

Imho if you combine potion maker with lazy writ crafter, then your alch station gets a button "Writs".

They could add that to the base game, so if you select that, then the writ required pieces are automatically selected and you just need to hit craft.

Read it more carefully. With what I'm proposing there's no more "automation" of creating things because creating things is just part of the animation you watch. No more hoarding mats bought cheaply from botters either.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on May 12, 2020 7:14AM
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No mats awarded (even if none are used) would be a no go for me. That's the main reason I'm doing them right now. If you're suggesting this as an alternative in addition to what we already have, I could get on board with it, but then it still has console behind PC.

I still suspect that we've had way too much of a good thing for too long and at some point, writs will turn into a daily per account instead of per character, probably with a boost to rewards to compensate slightly. It's easily the best gold per minute in the game and something like that has to be on ZOS' radar for potential nerfing eventually.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No mats awarded (even if none are used) would be a no go for me. That's the main reason I'm doing them right now. If you're suggesting this as an alternative in addition to what we already have, I could get on board with it, but then it still has console behind PC.

Why would console be behind PC in this way?
    Why would you need all those mats awarded? If you need it to craft gear, go out and harvest some. You wouldn't need a pile of them every day for writs anymore.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Getting the reward gear is part of the process as well as the gold benefit. I like both.

I am definitely in favor of simplifying this. I have stopped doing them daily on most characters because of the time-consuming nature of the process.

The logging out and back in is even worse, with all the load delays now. Even being able to just directly load another character would be better than what we have now. (Do the logout and load in one step rather than 2.)

The current system has too many delays and it is far to easy to end up back at the very start screen if you get distracted for just a bit too long waiting for loads.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a rather amusing attempt to get inspiration, exp, gold, and master writs for free. You don't even have to give up surveys despite not using up your mats.

Somehow I doubt ZOS is going to look at putting the exp rewards from seven daily quests behind a 30-second cutscene. If this ever becomes a thing, I'd expect the listed rewards to be substantially reduced below what you suggest.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That's a rather amusing attempt to get inspiration, exp, gold, and master writs for free. You don't even have to give up surveys despite not using up your mats.

Somehow I doubt ZOS is going to look at putting the exp rewards from seven daily quests behind a 30-second cutscene. If this ever becomes a thing, I'd expect the listed rewards to be substantially reduced below what you suggest.

Change it to require the mats (which is quite reasonable).

Though many would still say we want it "free" since it is different from the load now, even though the PC has a "cheat" in place already.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »

I agree that it is a much more likely Zos would add the functionality of the addon to the base game before considering the even lazier idea OP is suggesting.

To OP. your idea is getting away from what could be considered lore for the sake of making it easy and in part, to make it no work at all. I think Zos will see right through that.

First, Zos created a story (lore) where we get certified to do such work. This included taking the initiative to find the resources to craft with, then craft the item required followed by delivering to get paid for our labors.

You want to remove all that and make it a job we merely show up for and 30 seconds later we get paid. Essentially, take out the lore because it is to much work the other way.

Then you want to take part of it and make it so you do not have to do the writs at all, Get the surveys from the helpers to make life even easier.

If Zos did make it this easy then I expect the next suggestion would be to just make all this part of the daily login reward. (/s in case it was not obvious with this last sentence.)
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    How about a lore-friendly way to integrate Lazy Writ Crafter into the game without having to give the AddOn to Consoles? -- Get A Job!

Lol so console player don’t have a job!
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why would you need all those mats awarded? If you need it to craft gear, go out and harvest some. You wouldn't need a pile of them every day for writs anymore.

Why would console be behind PC? Well if it's an optional as I suggested, PC will continue on as normal (30 seconds may very well be longer than the time it takes to actually do all 7 writs with the addon). PC will continue to reap the massive rewards daily. Console will have an option to do things faster than they do currently, but with significantly fewer rewards. Therefore, PC is ahead. If it's a mandatory change (not sure if that was your suggestion) then you will likely not have too many happy PC players and even the console players that currently do their writs for materials won't like the change. I think you're underestimating the material gains that are currently awarded for writs. I don't think anyone does them for the xp and if it were just the gold reward... well I could just go open a few chests instead.

Why do I need mats? Why do I need anything in any game. It's a poor argument. I don't need levels. I don't need skill lines. I don't need housing. Nothing is needed, however, each player puts personal value into certain areas of the game. Maybe you love pvp. Good for you. I'm happy if you enjoy that aspect. It's not for me. I want to accumulate wealth and materials. It's what I like to do. That's reason enough. Some people like accumulating things. You could even say that MMO's are designed around this mindset, both in game and in their stores. People like to collect things.

You suggest I just go harvest if I need some materials. Do you realize how many gold materials are awarded currently with the writ system? Are you aware of how fast you can accumulate these through writs compared to harvesting? Lets do some math. If I do 18 toons worth of writs per day with a 25% chance at a gold mat per toon for metal, cloth, wood and jewelry that's on average 1 gold mat per toon. It takes about 2 minutes per character to do writs with the addon. Simple math puts that at 18 gold materials per day from wrtis in about 40 minutes of time. How long would it take you to accumulate 18 stacks of raw mats to refine in order to receive this same number of gold materials from harvesting? If you can get 18 stacks in under an hour, please share your secrets. Other than some shady leather farming, I'm not seeing how that's possible.
    Edited by redspecter23 on May 13, 2020 6:39PM
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Why would console be behind PC? Well if it's an optional as I suggested <snip>

You suggest I just go harvest if I need some materials. Do you realize how many gold materials are awarded currently with the writ system?

If you want to suggest that it's only optional for one platform start your own thread. This is to try to help Console be on an even footing with PC which has AddOns.

As for mats -- If you are top tier Blacksmithing / Clothing / Woodworking you use more mats per day than are returned, especially if you are on multiple crafters. Sure, we could just keep the existing system and auto-craft (i.e., just implement Lazy Writ for Console), but if you didn't have to supply your own mats nor get mats back in return you're ahead. You can then passively farm mats with the Hirelings for net gain every day.
    As for Gold mats -- yes. Too much is given out and people just sell them around. That's not appropriate especially when you're on multiple crafters versus Console.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on May 14, 2020 12:59AM
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Change it to require the mats (which is quite reasonable).

We could keep the underlying system the same and basically just use it to implement Lazy Writ Crafter. But there are other issues with multiple crafters getting multiples of rewards every day. Like way too many materials, especially Jewelry upgrade materials since the change to writs. It is highly unlikely that the system ever intended people to run a dozen or more alts through all the daily writs every day.

In fact, if they did automate it and turn off the Lazy Writ Addon, to make each daily quest on-par with other daily quests, the animation should be well over 1 minute per craft. Lazy Writ does it at a ridiculous fraction of the time. That's sort of a problem too, although for Provisioning and Alchemy you can pre-make the stuff so you don't even need to craft daily.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why would console be behind PC? Well if it's an optional as I suggested <snip>

You suggest I just go harvest if I need some materials. Do you realize how many gold materials are awarded currently with the writ system?

If you want to suggest that it's only optional for one platform start your own thread. This is to try to help Console be on an even footing with PC which has AddOns.

As for mats -- If you are top tier Blacksmithing / Clothing / Woodworking you use more mats per day than are returned, especially if you are on multiple crafters. Sure, we could just keep the existing system and auto-craft (i.e., just implement Lazy Writ for Console), but if you didn't have to supply your own mats nor get mats back in return you're ahead. You can then passively farm mats with the Hirelings for net gain every day.
    As for Gold mats -- yes. Too much is given out and people just sell them around. That's not appropriate especially when you're on multiple crafters versus Console.

I apologize. I wan't trying to start a new topic suggesting it was optional. I wasn't completely clear if that was your suggestion. Now it's clear so I'll continue on with the understanding that your suggestion is a replacement for writs, not an additional system.

If you want console to be on par with PC, then your suggestion would do that very well. PC would arguably see a MASSIVE nerf compared to the current system (with addon). I would even say that console would also see this as a nerf as they would receive no gold mats at all, same as PC. If that's the proposal, that's fine. I would have to agree that the payout in materials when using the addon to save time is currently ridiculous. That being said, any suggestion that is a nerf to the current system in any way isn't usually going to see much traction on the forums here.

I would assume that ZOS has crafting writs on their radar currently and we will likely see a change (nerf) in the future at some point. For other reasons mentioned above by other posters, I don't see your suggestion as something they would go with even if they decide to reduce the returns from writs (specifically with multiple toons and addon use). I can't see them just automating the process and putting a 30 second cooldown on a series of 7 dailies. It would make it a more boring chore than what we currently have even if it did take less time. Having characters stand around for 3:30 wouldn't be overly engaging. I think their ideal situation is that they give us a quest... we do something... then we get a reward. Neither the current setup (on pc with addon) or your suggestion does that.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The PC gets less than consoles? Huh?
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OK I’m confused.

I admit I don’t like the suggested changes to daily crafting writs first of all. I do them on console and like getting the rewards. I don’t have tons of gold mats and I never, ever sell mats.

Are you suggesting that the PC add-ons are currently giving more gold mats than what we get on console? I didn’t think that was the way it worked. I thought they just did the writs faster.

So this new idea is supposed to put consoles on par with PC by not giving rewards. I guess that would be by nerfing the PC rewards to zero as well.

It’s the opposite of win-win because everyone loses.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    OK I’m confused.

I admit I don’t like the suggested changes to daily crafting writs first of all. I do them on console and like getting the rewards. I don’t have tons of gold mats and I never, ever sell mats.

Are you suggesting that the PC add-ons are currently giving more gold mats than what we get on console? I didn’t think that was the way it worked. I thought they just did the writs faster.

So this new idea is supposed to put consoles on par with PC by not giving rewards. I guess that would be by nerfing the PC rewards to zero as well.

I don't sell mats either. I do consume them for alts I am leveling, but otherwise I just pile them up for the most part.

I just wish the process was simpler and took up less bag space. I craft 6-12 days worth of stuff when I can, but I am not motivated to run all my alts most of the time. Too many long loading screens, among other things.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    OK I’m confused.

PC gets more gold mats because people can do more toons per day. Considering how quickly they can do it with an AddOn, the rewards, gold mat or not, is all out of proportion to the time and effort required -- if you use the AddOn.
    Where else can you do so many daily quests so quickly for so much reward?
    You can see what happens during the Jubilee where people were making crafting toons for PC because it was a really fast way to farm (18 toons x 7 crafts) reward bags. On top of mats of all types, plus inspiration, plus XP, plus gold.

So either we leave it as it is and PC is always ahead getting way too good rewards for being able to buy a lot of toon slots.
    Or we just implement Lazy Writ for Console and then everyone gets way too good rewards for push-button work in comparison to other quests in the game.
    Or we keep the convenience but rebalance the rewards. E.g., by re-envisioning writs into a way to advance your crafting skill without using mats.
    Or we turn off Lazy Writ Addon. Probably the only reason they don't do this is because for now PC and Console cannot interact so the economies are different. That's probably also the reason why you can't change back and forth from PC to Console. Imagine if someone farmed on PC and switched their account to Console.

The system would be for everyone, PC and Consoles.
    Where did you get this assumption? That's why you're confused.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on May 14, 2020 7:18PM
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The system would be for everyone, PC and Consoles.
    Where did you get this assumption? That's why you're confused.

Someone said that it would be a nerf to make changes to consoles. I don't see how that is true so that is why I exclaimed that.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you want console to be on par with PC, then your suggestion would do that very well. PC would arguably see a MASSIVE nerf compared to the current system (with addon). I would even say that console would also see this as a nerf as they would receive no gold mats at all, same as PC. If that's the proposal, that's fine. I would have to agree that the payout in materials when using the addon to save time is currently ridiculous. That being said, any suggestion that is a nerf to the current system in any way isn't usually going to see much traction on the forums here.

(1) re: mats
    Gold mats -- in fact all coloured mats -- can be handled with Hirelings. Yes, you can still farm them with more toons but you can tweak the drop rate there and move surveys there too. Hirelings are not like quests so ZOS is well within their rights to sharply skew the drop distribution in favour of white mats (basic crafting especially for CP160 mat costs), moderate it for green and blue (which you need so little of anyway), and keep it low for purple and gold (which you do need a lot for 100% success even at top skill).

Quests that award inspiration AND experience AND gold AND mats... that shouldn't be done quite so quickly and simply as engaging with one crafting table and one turn-in box. (And even then, people rush their toons around to minimize even travel time) Either adjust the rewards (e.g., just give Inspiration) or put it on par with an actual daily or sidequest by making time and effort commitment commensurate with reward.

(2) payout being too good if you use an AddOn
    This is exactly the dangerous situation people saw long ago with too much rewards. In the days of pen-and-paper RPGs they called it Monty Haul rewards.
    Way too much reward.
    Inadequate system to handle that reward while keeping the game engaging.
    Inability to remove those rewards without upsetting players.
    Players adjusting their expectations to high and even higher rewards, and demanding that from future games.

I don't know about Console but on PC there are people sitting on literally thousands, or tens of thousands of Vouchers and nothing to spend them on. For them the only crafting game left is collecting motifs and making furnishings where the chokepoint is rare furnishing materials.

If you look at SWTOR's Conquest you can see it completely run amok now. People love the new Conquest system because just for doing what they are doing -- or if they focus farm, or even just do busywork -- at the end of the week every toon they have can get around 1 million credits worth in rewards. People who used to do it on maybe a half dozen toons can now do it on 30 or more.
    And this in a game where the devs have in the past taken steps to try to reduce the credits in circulation by increasing GTN fees and inflating costs with the new expansion.
    It's out of control, but players of course love it because they can just accumulate rewards.

The sooner it gets handled the better -- IF PC and Console are ever to interact or be allowed to transfer accounts.
    If not, then they could just let it be but PC will just keep getting richer and have a different economy that will be increasingly unfriendly to newcomers who are pressured immediately to alt-farm writs.

Any change now to PC that reduces rewards will see a price spike and people sitting on piles of mats will make a lot of gold, until market absorption uses up the excess mats. But that's a price ZOS has to pay for letting things get out of control instead of examining the impact of Lazy Writ right from the start.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on May 14, 2020 7:38PM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We could keep the underlying system the same and basically just use it to implement Lazy Writ Crafter. But there are other issues with multiple crafters getting multiples of rewards every day. Like way too many materials, especially Jewelry upgrade materials since the change to writs. It is highly unlikely that the system ever intended people to run a dozen or more alts through all the daily writs every day.

In fact, if they did automate it and turn off the Lazy Writ Addon, to make each daily quest on-par with other daily quests, the animation should be well over 1 minute per craft. Lazy Writ does it at a ridiculous fraction of the time. That's sort of a problem too, although for Provisioning and Alchemy you can pre-make the stuff so you don't even need to craft daily.

Console crafters definitely get the short end of the stick when it comes to automating certain activities, @Dusk_Coven.

So, I agree with the spirit of your post ... automating crafting writs a-la Lazy Writ Crafter would certainly be a nice QOL improvement.

However, I think the execution of your idea needs more polish.

Moving surveys (from actively doing writ dailies) to a hirelings mail passive drop probably isn't something ZOS will support.

In addition, you want to avoid the materials sink consumed by doing dailies ... to avoid the extra farm time or cost involved to replenish them. Something else I doubt ZOS will go for.

Remember, too, that the upgrade materials economy is separate for each platform. Trying to compare PC to console is apples to oranges.

Players are free to do as many writ dailies as they can tolerate ... with some doing all seven (7) dailies on 18 characters because that's what they enjoy doing and making extra gold.

• katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I have no problem with PC players doing writs on more characters using add-ones if they like. If they want to spend that much time on them, good for them.

I do daily crafting writs on only four toons and I do just fine.

The system is fair the way I see it.

I fear that any changes to the way things are will just make things worse for everyone. Getting gold mats from refining with only a handful of toons takes a long time, and that would significantly lower my chances of getting them.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I have no problem with PC players doing writs on more characters using add-ones if they like. If they want to spend that much time on them, good for them.

I do daily crafting writs on only four toons and I do just fine.

The system is fair the way I see it.

I fear that any changes to the way things are will just make things worse for everyone. Getting gold mats from refining with only a handful of toons takes a long time, and that would significantly lower my chances of getting them.

They don't do more because they are willing to spend more time. They do more because the system is MUCH easier with a specific addon.

That is the problem.

ZoS chose to offer the game on consoles. They should make it similar, including the functionality of a key addon like this in the game.

The original proposal in the OP may or may not be great, but the functionality of the lazy crafter addon should be in the game.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For me, it doesn’t take much time at all to do the dailies, it is the long loading times that take up the bulk of the total time. That will not change.

Again, there is a much greater need to provide an actual interface to the crafting tables that lets you view the daily writ or master writ quest requirements as you are crafting.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If they would just add option to complete all daily writs in the menu once you go to each station. Rather than having to select and craft each item separately would help level the playing field a lot between PC and console.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZoS chose to offer the game on consoles. They should make it similar, including the functionality of a key addon like this in the game.
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »
    If they would just add option to complete all daily writs in the menu once you go to each station. Rather than having to select and craft each item separately would help level the playing field a lot between PC and console.

Except that addon is too good considering the rewards you get. That's why the proposal includes a change to what's done and what the rewards are. The "job" you get is basically your once a day chance to improve your skill. Instead of giving you a ton of rewards for a few seconds of "work" at a crafting table, which is what the AddOn does.

Compare it to any other sidequest or daily and you see it's all out of proportion. Even Provisioning and Alchemy writs -- because you can pre-make a stack and go straight from writ board to turn-in box. The rewards are way too good. And you don't even need an AddOn for those to do it that way.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on May 18, 2020 6:36AM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »

Except that addon is too good considering the rewards you get. That's why the proposal includes a change to what's done and what the rewards are. The "job" you get is basically your once a day chance to improve your skill. Instead of giving you a ton of rewards for a few seconds of "work" at a crafting table, which is what the AddOn does.

Compare it to any other sidequest or daily and you see it's all out of proportion. Even Provisioning and Alchemy writs -- because you can pre-make a stack and go straight from writ board to turn-in box. The rewards are way too good. And you don't even need an AddOn for those to do it that way.

The add-on has nothing to do with the rewards the PC and Console players get for doing writs. As you just pointed out, its entirely possible for non-addon-using players to precraft pots, food, and even gear if their inventory space allows.

ZOS knows that and doesn't care that it's quicker than, say, the Fighters Guild daily. See also the super easy Cyrodiil town dailies (if you can handle the risk of PVP). Not every daily has to be the same difficulty.

I'm vaguely curious as to exactly how you've determined that the base game writ rewards are "way too good."
    EXP is easy to get. ZOS hands out scrolls like candy. Also, useless for max CP characters.
    Inspiration is useless to max level crafters, while the large supply of intricate gear at least helps out leveling crafters.
    The gold maybe covers the cost of mats.
    Surveys are the equivalent of about a half hour of farming, depending on the item, and mostly help replenish the mat supply.
    The only real reward is the improvement mats and Master Writs, which well, the connection between those two should be obvious. Master Writs help the housing community with the furnishing plans, while the larger supply of improvement mats helps keep them accessible even for non-crafting/farming players.

Frankly, ZOS seems to have thought out the crafting writ rewards pretty well in terms of how it all fits into ESO as a whole.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I do precraft many things, but that takes up a fair bit of bag space I would much prefer to be free. It also gets to be a pain when I miss a day or several and have to figure out exactly what I need to precraft.

Having a single "craft the daily writ" option would solve this and bring us close (the same?) to the PC and would be a great Quality of Life improvement.

The loading times would remain a pain, as noted above, but at least this part would be more straightforward and comparable to what the PC has with the addon.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I do precraft many things, but that takes up a fair bit of bag space I would much prefer to be free. It also gets to be a pain when I miss a day or several and have to figure out exactly what I need to precraft.

Having a single "craft the daily writ" option would solve this and bring us close (the same?) to the PC and would be a great Quality of Life improvement.

The loading times would remain a pain, as noted above, but at least this part would be more straightforward and comparable to what the PC has with the addon.

I just craft every other day. Day one I pickup daily writs. Day 2, craft day 1 and 2 at the same time to save time going to each crafting station only once. Turn in day one writs and pickup day 2’s and turn them in as well.

This way I don’t have nothing extra I am holding on to taking up space or worry about deconning or selling something by accident. They only thing I craft and hold on to all the time is food/drink and items for alchemy writs. I don’t do all the alchemy because I don’t think the once that high or rarer flowers are worth of, so I just dismiss those quest.

If I skip one day or several, I generally just craft the glyph turn it in and see what the glyph is for day 2 and adjust my crafting to what needs to be done for the writs I am holding and what will be required for that day’s writs.

I have what is required for each day’s writs written day, so I know what exactly needs to be done each day. Here is the 3-day rotation of writs except provisioning and alchemy that I use. I do my writs in Vivec and go in this order which is why I have them written below in that order. Start at enchantment table, next is jewelry, then woodworking, blacksmithing and finally clothing.

Day 1

Glyph - Stamina, Health
    Jewelry - 1 Rings, 3 Necklaces
    Woodworking - 2 Bows, Inferno, Ice, Lightning, Shield
    Blacksmithing - Sabatons, Gauntlet, Helm, Pauldron, Great Sword, Dagger
    Clothing - Shoes, Hat, Sash, Bracers, Helmet, Arm Cops

Day 2

Glyph - Health, Magic
    Jewelry - 3 Rings, 2 Necklaces
    Woodworking - Inferno, Ice, Lightning, 2 Resto’s, Shield
    Blacksmithing - Cuirass, Sabatons, Gauntlet, Greaves, Sword, Great Sword
    Clothing - Robe, Shoes, Hat, Breeches, Epaulets, Sash

Day 3

Glyph - Magic, Stamina
    Jewelry - 4 Rings, 1 Necklace
    Woodworking - 2 Bows, 2 Resto’s, 2 Shield’s
    Blacksmithing - Cuirass, Helm, Greaves, Pauldron, Sword, Dagger
    Clothing - Robe, breeches, Epaulets, Bracers, Helmet, Arm Cops

Hope this helps :)
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I really don’t understand why this discussiom is taking place. The add-on can’t be that much of a time saver.

Four crafters worth of dailies takes me about 30 minutes with loading times of probably 2 minutes in between characters. So that’s about 5 minutes per crafter doing it the manual way, counting the time to pick up the dailies, craft the items, drop off the items, decon intricates, and put surveys and master writs in the bank. I even write down those master writs on a piece of paper for when I craft it later.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I really don’t understand why this discussiom is taking place. The add-on can’t be that much of a time saver.

It's more than just a time saver, it's a think-saver. You don't even have to write down what you need.
    Then they combine that with a lot of alts -- like the max possible, 18.

Let's suppose your 5 minute estimate is correct (do you have ESO+ handle your mats for you?).
    Which sounds awfully optimistic unless you have your alchemy and provisioning already on your character so you don't have to craft that or pull it out of the bank per character and put the stacks back in later for the next character. And you rarely or never make a mistake on the crafting of runes or gear.

Would you triple the time and do it on 18 toons?

Around 5 minutes per is what people tell me when they use the AddOn. Includes all 7 crafts, pre-crafting alchemy and provisioning to have ready-to-go stacks in the bank, and time running to stations and the writ box. Then loading in the next toon.
    So they have no problem just driving 18 toons around and it costs them 90 mins or so after which they sort out their intricates and sell the "junk" items that's been auto-sorted into the Junk space by another AddOn.

It's really convenient farming.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on May 19, 2020 6:48AM