The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.4 is available.

6.0.3 vampire stages.

Mortiis13
Mortiis13
✭✭✭✭
Vampire
Adjusted the Vampire Stages to the following:
Stage 1/2/3/4
Health Recovery is now -10/-30/-60/-100%, adjusted from -10/-40/-70-/100%
Flame Damage Taken is now +5/+8/+13/+20%, adjusted from +5/+10/+15/+20%
Regular Ability Cost is now +3/+5/+8+12%, down from +5/+10/+15/+20%
Vampire Ability Cost is now -6/-10/-16/-24%, down from -10/-20/-30/-40%

You're welcome.
Edited by Mortiis13 on May 12, 2020 1:14AM
  • RedReign
    RedReign
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wish they'd come off the -100% health recovery, even down to -90% but over all this is great. Just a shame my stage 4 vamp will be dying to tripping over rocks.
    Options
  • Mortiis13
    Mortiis13
    ✭✭✭✭
    RedReign wrote: »
    [...] Just a shame my stage 4 vamp will be dying to tripping over rocks.

Kek XD
    Options
  • Paradisius
    Paradisius
    ✭✭✭✭
    You forgot to mention that blood frenzy now increases in cost by 20% per second until it is toggled off
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goodbye Goodbye Blood Frenzy. You were already very hard to maintain, now you go into the trash before you were even born.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
    Options
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Time to log on and start testing!!!

This isn't everything most of us asked for but I imagine this feeling way better than what it used to be. Time to have some fun testing the new frenzy mechanic and see if the mesmerize changes make it better.

I'm also thinking about biting another player cause I did so in the past but the animation was non-existent.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
    Options
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    Goodbye Goodbye Blood Frenzy. You were already very hard to maintain, now you go into the trash before you were even born.

They made it so literally only gankers will want to slot it now. At least before the changes it was useful for pve.

Typicial Zeni reaction.

But they left *** drain in as is. [Snip]

[Edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on May 12, 2020 9:44PM
    Options
  • Mortiis13
    Mortiis13
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thread is only for the stages, their is another thread for this alrdy open.

But I understand the disagree for those who liked that skill it's literally double nerfed to an gank burst only skill.
    Edited by Mortiis13 on May 11, 2020 7:19PM
    Options
  • Aerenthir
    Aerenthir
    ✭✭✭
    This basically shows, that people will never be happy. There will always be someone unhappy about something. :D
    Options
  • Kolzki
    Kolzki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wish they'd come off the -100% health recovery, even down to -90% but over all this is great. Just a shame my stage 4 vamp will be dying to tripping over rocks.

Agreed. Riding a horse on a level 4 vampire is going to be a leathal activity. Things that kill vampires: steak through the heart, sunlight, crosses, holy water and small rocks.
    Options
  • ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is unfortunately not good enough.

Shame. I had hoped that ZoS would see reason and realize that the cost increase to regular ability would kill the vampire.

Ah wells, good thing Bloodlines 2 releases soon enough.
    Nighren - The Shadow Striker
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

Want to roleplay in elder scrolls online? Check out eso-rp.com
    Options
  • KeiRaikon
    KeiRaikon
    ✭✭✭
    Aerenthir wrote: »
    This basically shows, that people will never be happy. There will always be someone unhappy about something. :D

I mean I think most people wont complain about the stage balance but the fact that 1.) They pretty severely nerfed a skill that no one was complaining about (If anything I was reading many complaints saying it was already too hard to upkeep) 2.) Vampiric Drain a skill many people are saying is laughable because its so weak did not get changed and 3.) One of the major complaints I've seen is the visuals for the abilities which was also not changed at all.
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ShadowHvo wrote: »
    This is unfortunately not good enough.

Shame. I had hoped that ZoS would see reason and realize that the cost increase to regular ability would kill the vampire.

Ah wells, good thing Bloodlines 2 releases soon enough.

Indeed. It is settled for me and I will purge when Greymoor comes. Cost increase is too big of a penalty for anything. Do they think of no CP where sustain is already disgustingly bad? You can't just balance around CP.

They should have never done this. In my book, vampire is worse than on live, especially now where the only special ability it offered (blood frenzy) was gutted. I still have hope left that they will remove the cost increase and add something like defile or so.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
    Options
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strike From The Shadows passive requires Vampire Stage 2. I am guessing most people will aim at that. It is also quite probable that we will have a lot of non-NB stealth gankers.

Sure, Unnatural Movement requires Vampire Stage 4, and you get no health recovery, 12% more expensive skills & -24% cheaper vampire skills, but I can totally see it being used for ganking, as you actually don't need a lot of resources to cast 3 - 4 skills to burst some one down. And if you fail, you sprint away & vanish lol.

Necroblade, Sorcblade, Tempblade, Wardblade... kinda scary to even think about it... :open_mouth:
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on May 11, 2020 7:30PM
    Options
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    this is better but imho stage 1 should have no cost increase or decrease involved.
    Options
  • ne.ga.kurai_ESO
    ne.ga.kurai_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Regular Ability Costs are still too high and it is a *** game design element to begin with. Just get rid of it.

You are == You're.
    Options
  • fierackas
    fierackas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 4 vampires are joining the queue to cure this crap, *** rubbish
    Options
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like stage 2 is the sweet spot if you’re using a lot of non-vampire abilities.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
    Options
  • RedReign
    RedReign
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Looks like stage 2 is the sweet spot if you’re using a lot of non-vampire abilities.

A it stands the only reason to go above stage 2 is the stealth sprinting.

But since until these changes youd have to be a fool to even keep a vampire....
    Options
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blood Frenzy seems useless or it just artificially increase the "skill gap". Now you need to constantly turn it off and on to use effectively. Miss the deactivation and you will be dead from fart in your general direction as it stacks infinitely till full health.
    Options
  • Suligost
    Suligost
    ✭✭✭
    Its fine now, for me it should be around 14%, anyway im pleased with changes. Also Im impressed that they manage to predict spam of players on stage 1-2 for blood frenzy after lowering costs. Good work :)
    Options
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll stick to stage 2 or 3
    Options
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Slot a heal or be in a group with a healer?

10% Health Regen isn't going to save you from anything and you are dead so why would your vitality regenerate?

I'm happy that ZOS didn't back down from that particular decision.

(And don't forget that you still have that OP mitigation passive.)
    Options
  • RedReign
    RedReign
    ✭✭✭✭

10% Health Regen isn't going to save you from anything and you are dead so why would your vitality regenerate?

You have to read the entire post before responding to it.

I dont care about the health recovery in combat, I care about dying by tripping over rocks in the over world.

Edit: and you know eso vampires aren't dead right...?
    Edited by RedReign on May 11, 2020 8:14PM
    Options
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I dont care about the health recovery in combat, I care about dying by tripping over rocks in the over world.

Well... don't?

Options
  • RedReign
    RedReign
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »

Well... don't?

I'd like to but the over world geometry is kind of wonky in that way. Maybe you jump off a cliff and slide down an invisible hill for no damage, maybe you walk over a rock which causes you to fall 3 feet and take 10k damage. Its a real crapshoot.
    Options
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    From my pov playing Stage 1 will be perfectly fine to sustain, even possible to push to Stage 2 to get passives.
    Options
  • Shadowasrial
    Shadowasrial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am very happy about the changes. The vampire passives are more in line with the old passives which was fine. It was only the active abilities that no one really wanted and since they have added a bunch of new abilities and buffed old ones this is a win in my book
    Options
  • HoyaCarnosa
    HoyaCarnosa
    ✭✭
    Still think health recovery should cap at -75% and flame dmg taken should be more like +25% - +30% (to balance the 25% health recovery that we get when it caps at -75%, i mean there is so much fire in this game, it would make a difference)

And i still think the "Regular Ability Cost is now +3/+5/+8/+12%, down from +5/+10/+15/+20%"
    should be more like Regular Ability Cost is now +12/+8/+5/+3% per stage:

so it is highest when you have stage 1 because you have not killed in a while to feed on someone so you are weak and have more trouble to use your "mortal" abilities, you are more driven to use your "natural" instinct as a vampire (your vampire skills)

And it should be lowest on stage 4, because you have "eaten" enough and gathered enough strenght, so you have the power to use your "mortal" abilities with more strenght (also you would be more likely to use your brain because you have your instinct better under control, so you dont attack innocents when you see that other NPC´s are watching, you dont want them to discover that you are a vampire).
    Options
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »

Well... don't?

I'd like to but the over world geometry is kind of wonky in that way. Maybe you jump off a cliff and slide down an invisible hill for no damage, maybe you walk over a rock which causes you to fall 3 feet and take 10k damage. Its a real crapshoot.

You should play Dark Souls. You'd love it!
    xD
    Options
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Blood Frenzy gets more dangerous every day, I thought about running it on my magsorc and self-healing with crit surge and the heal twilight but its definitely not worth it anymore. I honestly think Thrassian has less downsides than Blood Frenzy and you get way more spell dmg and you dont even have to slot a skill.

Well at least our immersion wont be ruined by all the vamps running around in Greymoor...
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
    Options