Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Noob needs character building help

• SgtPow3rs
    SgtPow3rs
    At level 15 you will be able to have two weapons and hence two skill lines to use, where you swap between the two as you may have seen from alcast. So you can have bow on one bar and something else (stamina based probably in your case) on the other bar. My tips for this are that:

a) remember to swap to your second (back) bar just before you turn in quests so the skills you put on there get the experience, as it is only applied to the bar you are using at the time

b) bind the bar swap key to an easy key to use - on PC I have this on my middle mouse button - as you will use this a lot.

Also don't worry too much about getting sets together at low levels - if you are just questing it is ok to use whatever you pick up (and if you quest quite a bit in one area you will pick up set pieces easily) until you get to CP160. if you want to look for overland sets that you can just pick up then en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Overland_Sets will tell you where they are and whether they drop in med/light/heavy. But really it is better to just keep following the zone and main stories, which will take you through the different areas, than worry about this yet.

Just turned lv 16, still gotta add a second weapon to my outfit. My 2nd weapon is a 2handed sword which is pretty underpowered compared to my bow skills.

I understand that I gotta use any type of gear that fits my build, but ofcourse I want a good looking armor set. Still haven't really found it yet.
    JanTanhide wrote: »
    Great question OP. Well, I can say I had no one to ask about this game for almost a year of playing. And I mean a LOT of play time. I'm retired so I spent thousands of hours in game just wandering around, doing quests with no idea about gear, skills or character building.

One day someone asked me if I wanted to join a guild. Sure! That was it for me. Once in the guild they took my hand and showed me a lot about this game I had no idea about. I can honestly say a book can be written about character building in this game and it still won't be enough.

My suggestion is to watch youtube videos from some of the best ESO players out there and visit their websites. These folks put a lot of time and effort into compiling the information and making videos and websites for us to use and learn about this game. Here are a few but there are many more, my apologies to those not listed of which there are many: AlcastHQ.com, JDUB (can't remember his site but easily found), Fengrush (works with Alcast on website), Xnodegaming, NefasQS, Dottzgaming and woeler.eu.

I'm sure I missed a bunch and my apologies to all the content creators out there I missed! I can say this to you: You have no idea how much there is to this game in all aspects. It's enormous and like a book with many secret endings you will always be striving to find. It unfolds in front of you as you progress through it. Don't rush through it, take your time, enjoy it and feel it. It's the best MMO out there in my opinion. I'm close to 15,000 hours in game at this time and still play every day when possible.
    Retired... my working career just started. Yes, I have watched many YouTube videos before I even started playing. Like I said, this is my first serious MMORPG. I have played a couple years ago, all f2p, but this is really worth paying for. And if I keep interested I will buy Greymoor for sure with all previous expansions.

I'm not the kind of player who rushes, I definitely enjoy the game. 15,000 hours? I guess I don't have to worry about running out of content.

Some other questions I got after playing the game for a week. What about all the loot I have? I'm always around 70% capacity, and yes I use the bank aswel. But I don't really know what stuff I need and what not. For example, I have 5 glyphs in my bag, is it important to keep them? Sell? At provisioning I have several ingedrients. I understand it is for crafting but I still gotta check out how it works.
  • Sange13
    Sange13
    ✭✭✭
    If you have ESO+, keep all the crafting stuff you find. If not, don't bother with collecting provisioning ingredients as they will take up like 100 spaces on their own. Similar for alchemy, except you still want to farm the stuff that sells well. You can always just "wts [item]" in zone chat if you don't have a trader guild yet.
    IGN: Sange-13
  • LadyHeloise
    LadyHeloise
    ✭✭✭
    Starting on crafting early is generally recommended, as research after a while takes a very long time. It's also a fun thing to do. Do you have any crafting skill lines unlocked yet? You might have if you have deconstructed anything, interacted with the different crafting stations etc. By deconstructing things, including glyphs for enchanting, you can increase your level in different crafting skills (there are other ways of doing this e.g. from reading certain books, creating items). There are also crafting writs, for which you need to be certified through a couple of easy quests you can pick up in Daggerfall (or the equivalent), which eventually can be quite lucrative. It's also good to be able to craft your own sets, some of which are very useful depending on your build. As usual, UESP is your friend http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Crafting

If you don't have much cash you can sell things to vendors (you will almost always pick up more, better stuff anyway); you don't need to be in a guild to sell stuff but you won't get much for things this way, although selling through chat will be better. If you join a trade guild (use the guild finder) you can sell some stuff for more. Many trade guilds are also quite social. As Sange13 says, if you get certain alchemy ingredients, such as flowers, try to sell these to players as they go for quite a bit (you can see this at guild vendors).
    Edited by LadyHeloise on May 13, 2020 8:13PM
    PC-EU.
  • SgtPow3rs
    SgtPow3rs
    Starting on crafting early is generally recommended, as research after a while takes a very long time. It's also a fun thing to do. Do you have any crafting skill lines unlocked yet? You might have if you have deconstructed anything, interacted with the different crafting stations etc. By deconstructing things, including glyphs for enchanting, you can increase your level in different crafting skills (there are other ways of doing this e.g. from reading certain books, creating items). There are also crafting writs, for which you need to be certified through a couple of easy quests you can pick up in Daggerfall (or the equivalent), which eventually can be quite lucrative. It's also good to be able to craft your own sets, some of which are very useful depending on your build. As usual, UESP is your friend http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Crafting

If you don't have much cash you can sell things to vendors (you will almost always pick up more, better stuff anyway); you don't need to be in a guild to sell stuff but you won't get much for things this way, although selling through chat will be better. If you join a trade guild (use the guild finder) you can sell some stuff for more. Many trade guilds are also quite social. As Sange13 says, if you get certain alchemy ingredients, such as flowers, try to sell these to players as they go for quite a bit (you can see this at guild vendors).

I have done several researches. Yeah, alchemy (2), blacksmithing (3), clothing(2), enchanting(3), woodworking(1). Thanks for the tips.

Almost 1 week in ESO now. Small update, and I need some skills advice, again. :# Level 18, mainly focused on archery but as 2nd I used 2hand sword.

I have 13 Skill points waiting to be used but I don't know really where to put them in to. My bar has the following skills:
    Lethal Arrow I - Hardened armor I - Endless Hail I - Silver Bolts I - Stonefist IV (barely use this one).

Beside those I have Lava Whip IV - Searing Strike IV - Long Shots - Acuracy - Ranger, that's it.

• LadyHeloise
    LadyHeloise
    ✭✭✭
    You could to be honest put them where you like to find out what different skills do. Playing through the main quest, getting skyshards etc means you won't have a problem in getting them. As someone mentioned earlier you can always respec anyway for gold if you find you want to change later and you don't have to spend them all now.

If you are following suggestions from the level up adviser in game, and perhaps following alcast's beginner stamDK guide, then you won't go far wrong. Are there other passives e.g. race, armour etc that you could get? Or you can level up your craft skills further. I notice you don't mention provisioning in your list - this is very useful to keep the food you consume up to your level and is easy to level quite quickly. Any other morphs of skills that look interesting? Have you done the tutorial quest for Cyrodil yet? This is just a tutorial, you don't actually do any pvp, but it gets you a few skills points and unlocks the assault skill line so you can get the 'rapid maneuver' skill, which increases your speed (very helpful as you level your horse). You can also level up 2h skills by putting one on your front bow bar, just not using it, if you are just playing with just the one bar at the moment.

My point really is that there are many more skills that you will find useful than just weapon skills http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Skills
    PC-EU.
  • SgtPow3rs
    SgtPow3rs
    You could to be honest put them where you like to find out what different skills do. Playing through the main quest, getting skyshards etc means you won't have a problem in getting them. As someone mentioned earlier you can always respec anyway for gold if you find you want to change later and you don't have to spend them all now.

If you are following suggestions from the level up adviser in game, and perhaps following alcast's beginner stamDK guide, then you won't go far wrong. Are there other passives e.g. race, armour etc that you could get? Or you can level up your craft skills further. I notice you don't mention provisioning in your list - this is very useful to keep the food you consume up to your level and is easy to level quite quickly. Any other morphs of skills that look interesting? Have you done the tutorial quest for Cyrodil yet? This is just a tutorial, you don't actually do any pvp, but it gets you a few skills points and unlocks the assault skill line so you can get the 'rapid maneuver' skill, which increases your speed (very helpful as you level your horse). You can also level up 2h skills by putting one on your front bow bar, just not using it, if you are just playing with just the one bar at the moment.

My point really is that there are many more skills that you will find useful than just weapon skills http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Skills

Yea true, can always reset them anyway. I followed the beginners stamDK guide but it focused mainly on sword, while I go for bow. I don't want to invest my points yet in armor because I always wear something different, a mix of heavy and medium.

I have provisioning (2), I don't see the point of it yet because I use health potions all the time. Some with most other crafting skills, like smithing, why would I level that if I find enough loot in the open world. And I don't quite understand the system completely, yet.

No, I have not done anything in Cyrodil. I'm still in and around the area of Davon's Watch, haven't been anywhere else. And I still haven't setup my second weapon and skill bar, gotta figure out how it works.
  • Dahk72
    Dahk72
    Nestor wrote: »
    Here is the thing about Crafting, you don't need it until End Game (post CP160) but you can level it in preparation with few to no skill points invested. Crafting can eat up 122 Skill Points to fully invest, so this will gimp your combat while leveling. Best to invest as few points as possible while levleing your character and crafting.

Equipment Crafting

Decon all mob loot other than what you are using to research traits. Research traits, learn two on all items you would use, then learn 3, etc. Focus on Divines, Infused and Training for your first three for Armor, Sharpened, Precise and Training for your Weapons. Then go for the other ones. Nirn is expensive, and a lot of people suggest putting a priority on that, I can't see why. The Trait is all but useless for Armor or Weapons. Best place to find Mob Loot is Public Dungeons, then over land grind spots. Grind on mobs until your bags are full, then go on a decon fest. Remembering to save the ones you need or want to research. Use the Lock Function and or an Inventory Mule to hang on to those. Only invest Skill points while leveling it into the Research and Extraction Passive, the last really only needing one point.

Enchanting

Ignore all the "advice" on the web about using an enchanting partner. First, use Mob Loot decon to raise this up to a point. Later on as you approach end game have some some gold, then start making Green, Blue or Purple Glyphs on one character and decon them on an Alt. You will level Enchanting faster than trading the glyphs with another player, which is tedious by the way. (like pull out your hair and make a doily tedious). Use Green up to about L15 in the Enchanting Skill, Blue up to about L30/35 and Purple up to about L46/47. Then learn the runes you don't know, you should be at or near 50, if not, make/decon some more Purples.

Provisioning and Alchemy

Don't worry about these, you can level these professions in about an 20 minutes, for both. Just collect the Various Solvents and Reagents and Provisioning Ingredients/Recipes as you go along. Once end game, then you can level it. Use Mushrooms to level Alchemy, or Flowers that make potions you won't use. Make sure you grab solvents (waters) as your leveling as they can be rare to find in the guild stores. For Provisioning, make the highest level Green Recipes you can make. Blue or Purples do not give any more inspiration than Greens, so save those for character use.

Yes, use Drop Sets for now, and Yes, level your crafting skills and do the Trait Research. Traits are why you craft as they allow you to make Special Crafted Sets. There are two sets in the game that your going to want to make, Julianos for your Magic Characters, and Hundings Rage for your Stamina Characters. There are no better sets in the game to have 5 pieces of. Period. Well, Twice Born Star is great to, but your a year out from making that. But you need to start learning your traits now.

While it takes 6 traits known to be able to make Hundings or Julianos, 9 Traits for Twice Born Star. You don't need to know learn all of these traits on everything before you craft anything. In fact, there are nice sets that you only need to know 2 or 3 or 4 traits to make. So, learn 2 traits first, then 3 etc. This way you can be making set items in just a few days. So, start learning those traits. Focus on the gear you will use first, then fill in the rest later. This means:

Casters
    Heavy Chest/Legs
    Light Feet/Hands/Waist
    Shoulders and Heads are good to, but there are 2 Piece Monster sets that can take up those slots. So learn the traits on these pieces, but prioritize the ones above.
    Staves (all 4 of them)

Stamina
    All Medium Armors
    Daggers, Swords, Axes, Bow

Tanks
    All Heavy Armors, Sword and Shield and maybe Staves (Ice is your tanking stick). Can add in Axes or Maces for the weapons if you want.
    For Armors, Sturdy, then Divines, Infused, Reinforced. Same with Shields but Nirn can be nice on a Shield.
    For Weapons, Infused, Sharpened, Defending. Charged for the Staff

Learn Training, Divines and Infused on the Armors first, Sharpened, Precise, Infused and Training on the Weapons. Powered is good for the Healing Staff, Defending is good for Sword or other one handed Melee. Then fill in the rest until you have 6 traits on each piece of gear you will use. Eventually you will learn all 9 traits. Some people recommend Nirn as an early trait to learn. Unless they change it, don't listen to them. You might use it on a Shield or a Weapon but that is about it. You need it someday, but it's expensive and you need your gold for other things.

Invest the skill points into the Research Passives. I can't stress enough how much of a time sink Trait Research is. Be able to learn more than one at a time, and reduce the time needed. Get an addon for Trait Research Tracking, I recommend Craft Store. If your on the Consoles, find one of the spreadsheets out there or make one to track this. Have I mentioned you need to learn your traits?

Doing this you will be ready to invest skill points into Crafting when it matters and not have to spend months getting ready. Did I mention Trait Research and how much a time sink it is? The last two traits will take you a month each to learn, on each item you learn them on. Get started now, yesterday would have been better.

Quoting so I can come back and look at this , hoping to finally get back into the game myself now. Nice writeup.
  • LadyHeloise
    LadyHeloise
    ✭✭✭
    Yea true, can always reset them anyway. I followed the beginners stamDK guide but it focused mainly on sword, while I go for bow. I don't want to invest my points yet in armor because I always wear something different, a mix of heavy and medium.

I have provisioning (2), I don't see the point of it yet because I use health potions all the time. Some with most other crafting skills, like smithing, why would I level that if I find enough loot in the open world. And I don't quite understand the system completely, yet.

No, I have not done anything in Cyrodil. I'm still in and around the area of Davon's Watch, haven't been anywhere else. And I still haven't setup my second weapon and skill bar, gotta figure out how it works.

Putting points into some of the medium armour passives might be helpful - as a stamdk it is likely you will wear more of this. But some armour passives give you small bonuses even if you only wear one piece. The first three heavy passives for example. But to be honest, save up your points for later - the more you go through the game the more you will want.
    Don't worry about cyrodil yet then - perhaps do the tutorial when you need more skill points :smile: and want to try out pvp.

The crafting guide from Nestor is very helpful. I mentioned provisioning because eating food or drink gives you bonuses that last a while, so are worth having. For instance a level 15 green recipe 'Pan Fried Trout' gives you 1982 extra health for 35 minutes (according to http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Food_Recipes ), so it is sort of on in the background. You will naturally pick up recipes as you loot stuff, and it is good to be able to make your own food or drink so you don't have to pay for it. Potions work differently, and last for a much shorter time.

There is an awful lot to learn in this game (it is easy to forget how complex it is at the start) so go at your own pace and learn as you go along. Part of the joy of this game is being able to try stuff out.

Edited by LadyHeloise on May 15, 2020 6:53PM
    PC-EU.
  • SgtPow3rs
    SgtPow3rs
    I did some crafting but it remains a pain in the ass, complicated or you need many specific items. The only thing I mostly do is deconstruct or some iron/steel smithing.

I just started training my second weapon, 2hand sword in my case. Is it actually normal to have 2 main weapons in ESO? Or do people prefer 1 main weapon per character?
  • LadyHeloise
    LadyHeloise
    ✭✭✭
    It depends on your build, but it is usual to have a different weapon on each bar as it gives you more flexibility and range of skills/passives to use (12 rather than just 6 - dont' forget the Ult). Other builds use the same weapon on each bar - bow/bow for example - but might have different skills/passives on each bar. Weapon swapping between the two is very normal though, whatever you have. There is a thread on the general forum that might be useful to you https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/527412/how-do-you-manage-your-5-skills#latest and also the vid here is useful https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/527243/how-to-properly-use-two-skills-bars-aka-weapon-swap-in-eso#latest
    Edited by LadyHeloise on May 17, 2020 10:19AM
    PC-EU.
  • SgtPow3rs
    SgtPow3rs
    Stamina build, main weapon is bow and my second is now 2handed.

Another thing, I have this huge collection of Glyphs? What is the best thing to do with them? I can't use them all for crafting, just sell most of them?
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SgtPow3rs wrote: »
    Stamina build, main weapon is bow and my second is now 2handed.

Another thing, I have this huge collection of Glyphs? What is the best thing to do with them? I can't use them all for crafting, just sell most of them?

Glyphs are the items you use to enchant weapons, such as "Superb Glyph of Stamina". They are composed of three runes, in the case of the example, Rejera, Deni, and then Ta (white glyph), Jejota (green glyph), Denata (blue glyph), Rekuta (purple glyph), or Kuta (golden glyph).

Glyps can be deconstructed at the Enchanting crafting station, and one or more runes may drop if you are lucky.

For more information on glyphs and runes, see this:

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Glyphs

Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »
    Ill be honest at such an early level i wouldnt worry too much about characther building.
    You wont have the necessary skills unlocked to make a proper build anyway.
    If you open your skills menu, on the left hand side there should be the skill advisor. Its pretty bare bones, but it will generally tell you what skills to unlock.

As a general rule of thumb, while levelling, you will want to have at least one skill from each of your class' skill line on your bar.

You said you want to go for 2h/bow, thats a perfectly fine setup, both weapons are stamina based, so i suggest putting all your attribute points from here on out to stamina.

Your class is Dragonknigh i think you wrote, so you will want to focus on unlocking searing strike and fiery breath, and then level them and morph them for their stamina morphs, venemous claw and noxious breath.

On your bow skill line i would recommend going for poison arrow, since stamina dragonknight synergise well with dots.

On your 2 hander uppercut is a great spammable ability which you can get early, it does a lot of damage as well.

But more so then anything just focus on enjoying yourself and feel free to experiment with whatever you like.

Until you hit endgame group content, it really doesnt matter what you build for.

I agree with this comment, don't worry so much this early on about character building. It's better to spend this time learning the game's combat system, how your skills work, blocking, interrupting, avoiding damage, etc., as you're doing your questing. You said you liked 2h+bow, you can start with skills from those weapon lines to see how you get on with them, but do try to unlock and learn your class' skills to get a feeling for the class as well, because it's just, if not more, important than your weapons. One thing I would suggest, is to make sure you use a buff food, and to experiment with putting skill points in both stamina and magicka, because most skills start out as magicka and then when you level them, they offer a stamina morph (so it's nice to have a good magicka pool when you start out, even if you are bow/2h), and because when you level, hybrid builds are effective (unlike end-game, when min-max takes over) and really fun, and teach you a lot about your class, imo.
  • Kazren
    Kazren
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    I am going to post some general tips in this thread for you, starting with, have fun, play the game, do quests, get lost in the story. Builds only matter once you get to CP160 and are getting ready for end game content:

While leveling you should be preparing your self for the future, not your build (as that will change). So:

1. While leveling, have one class skill from each class on your bars at all times. Classes level the slowest, so get them done now.
    2. Have at least one weapon skill on your bar at all times
    3. Have a flex or support skill you want to level at all times
    4. Once the skill gets to the Morph stage, then put another one on the bar to level that rather than take the morph.

Your not going to have the best DPS now, but you will have the most flexibility later. You can apply this to both bars equally or some other way, but this is the best method while leveling 1 to 50. Reason, the game handicaps you right now to make you stronger than you really are. So, take advantage of that. You don't need the optimal skill load out, you need the optimal leveling load out.

Also, try to wear at least one of each weight of armor to get all those lines leveled.

Once you get up to or near 50, you should have all the skills that matter at Morph stage, your armors at 50 and most important, your classes at 50. Then, you can optimize your build.

I just wanted to say that Nester has it down pat: good post
  • SgtPow3rs
    SgtPow3rs
    Small update from me. I'm now 2 weeks into ESO, first serious MMORPG ever, and I still play it almost every day, good sign. Level 34, I joined a guild and they crafted Jack of Hundings Rage set for me with 10% increase exp. I like to do many dungeons, try to do at least the extra bonus dungeon you get once a day. Most quests are pretty interesting to do, did some side and ofcourse the main story, I'm now at the "Valley of Blades" main quest.

Stamina build, main weapons are bow and 2hand. And here it need once again some advice. It could be me but I got the idea that I don't do that much damage, and get low health pretty fast.

Here a overview of my weapons, gear, and levels at the moment:

Bow: Prophet's Bow - damage 929 - 2320 oblivion damage - 8% increase exp
    2Hand: Steel Greatsword - 1024 damage - 1064 Flame damage

Bow Skill bar: Lethal Arrow II - Hardenend Armor IV - Endless Hail III - Silver Shards II - Bombard II - Dragonknight Standard IV
    2hand Skill bar: Reverse Slash I - Venomous Claw III - Stampede I - Hardended Armor IV - Wrecking Blow II

Gear is Hundings Rage set (exp bonus). Chest armor 1412 - shoulder 1235 - waist 529 - hands 706 - legs + feet 1235

Skill levels: Ardent Flame (32) - Draconic Power (32) - Earthen Heart (26) - Weapons - Two Hand (32) - Bow (41) - Medium Armor (40) - Guild - Fighters Guild (6) - Mage (2) - Undaunted (3) - Dark Elf (34) - Crafting - Alchemy (2) - Blacksmithing (9) - Clothing (5) - Enchanting (7) - Provisioning (2) - Woodworking (10).

Is there something I should do different? (especially in terms of doing damage to enemies). Sorry for this extensive report :p
  • LadyHeloise
    LadyHeloise
    ✭✭✭
    Immmediate thoughts: What food are you eating? It can help quite a bit if you can get hold of (or make) blue food that improves your stamina and health (guildies might give you some??). Also what jewellery are you wearing? You seem to be wearing one set (hundings rage - good choice) but what about any others? In general by combining weapons, armour and jewellery you have enough slots to wear two five piece sets (five pieces of a set will get you the maximum bonus the set gives, so there isn't a lot of point wearing more than five) and two pieces of something else, so loads of extra set bonuses you could get.

There is also the concept of a 'rotation' i.e. which skills and attacks you do, in which order. It can make a big difference to the amount of damage you do if you can weave different types of attacks and skills effectively. There are also mechanics to block, dodge and interrupt attacks, which help to reduce the damage you take. All of these take practice though (especially weaving), but alcast describes how to do these in beginner guides https://alcasthq.com/eso-new-player-beginner-guide/
    PC-EU.
  • SgtPow3rs
    SgtPow3rs
    I mostly dont eat food because I don't have it, mainly potions. Sometimes there is food in the daily rewards. I wear 2 rings and a necklace. I know you can block, dodge etc, I'm probably not doing it right then.

I tried to train and get some loot by killing monsters. I went to Alik's desert to kill zombies at the beach. Damnnn, I can beat 2 of them, if they are with 3 I gotta run away or I die! It is definitely not going smoothly.
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mostly dont eat food because I don't have it, mainly potions. Sometimes there is food in the daily rewards. I wear 2 rings and a necklace. I know you can block, dodge etc, I'm probably not doing it right then.

I tried to train and get some loot by killing monsters. I went to Alik's desert to kill zombies at the beach. Damnnn, I can beat 2 of them, if they are with 3 I gotta run away or I die! It is definitely not going smoothly.

As you are in a guild, you really should try to get two full sets and two items from a third set. Guildies can craft you some gear. Be sure to replace all gear every 10 levels. Ask for the Shacklebreaker set in addition to the Hunding's Rage.

I would recommend going to Auridon zone, and farming dolmens there, while on an XP buff. You will level up quickly and your Fighers Guild skill line will go up quickly too. The dolmens there are not so confusingly overcrowded and gone in seconds like the Alik'r ones. Nice sets drop there too, which could form the two odd set items of your gear. For a Stamina character, the Twin Sisters set would be the one to look for.
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • SgtPow3rs
    SgtPow3rs
    Watchdog wrote: »

As you are in a guild, you really should try to get two full sets and two items from a third set. Guildies can craft you some gear. Be sure to replace all gear every 10 levels. Ask for the Shacklebreaker set in addition to the Hunding's Rage.

I would recommend going to Auridon zone, and farming dolmens there, while on an XP buff. You will level up quickly and your Fighers Guild skill line will go up quickly too. The dolmens there are not so confusingly overcrowded and gone in seconds like the Alik'r ones. Nice sets drop there too, which could form the two odd set items of your gear. For a Stamina character, the Twin Sisters set would be the one to look for.

I asked for new and better gear, got some nice updated gear pieces with the exp increase. Just went to the dolmens in the Auridon zone, quite a few people walked around over there.

Any further advice on some of the combat skills? Got 24 skill points waiting :p
  • SgtPow3rs
    SgtPow3rs
    I think what I am doing wrong now is that I only use skills that are specific for the weapon I use. In my bow bar I have 4 skills for bow. And it could be me be most of them look pretty weak, only Lethal Arrow IV does some good damage but costs 1 second to cast again. Endless hail, Silver Shards and Bombard III dont look impressive.

And the only Ultimate ability I now have is Dragonknight Standard. I understand there are tons of guids on what or how but it becomes really confusing if I read and watch all of them.
  • SgtPow3rs
    SgtPow3rs
    Sorry for the many, many questions, spamming my own topic.

Anyway. My inventory gets a bit messy and and quickly fills up at its limit. I've got many items you can't sell but I am not sure wether I should delete them, such as the following items:

Cyrodiil Assault / Defense crate
    Ragged Style Box
    Holiday: Ivy Berry Blend
    Many treasure maps for regions I haven't visited yet.

What is a must to keep and what can I delete?
  • LadyHeloise
    LadyHeloise
    ✭✭✭
    Your previous point: use class skills. Try them out. Having one from each skill line (e.g. for DK that's means a skill from Ardent Flame etc) on your front bar whilst levelling is usual. At the moment your bow skills will be going up quickly, but nothing else will be. Don't worry about reading lots of guides - find a key set that makes sense to you (e.g.alcasts, and use UESP, but there are others) and stick to it whilst you are learning the game, otherwise you will get confused. The game is so big and intricate (which in the long run is a good thing!) that it takes a while to get it all, and there are a myriad of ways to do things. So don't worry, just have fun playing (current issues notwithstanding :) ) and don't yet worry about there being one 'right' way to do things - there may be 'better' ways to do things, but you will pick this up.

Your second point: some of these you can open, such as the ragged style box, and it will disappear from your inventory and the stuff it contains will appear elsewhere in your collections - in this case, this is a motif (style of clothing or armour) that you can dress your character in if you like through the outfit system. The Ivy Berry Blend is a dye stamp that you can use once to colour an outfit - you should read a bit more about these before you decide whether you want to keep it (and about the outfit system) https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Dyes It is just a cosmetic thing - some people like playing with dyes, others don't - your choice.

The Cyrodil crates again are up to you - if you open it you will find supplies that are useful for different pvp siege activities (once opened the contents go into your inventory) so it depends whether you want to do any of that. But you can buy these things again from siege merchants within Cyrodil if you need to.

The treasure maps again are something some people like and some people immediately destroy. It can be fun seeking them out as it gets you exploring and its a relatively relaxing thing to do (IMO), but the rewards are not always great, especially when you are at higher levels. There are plenty of maps online of where these are if you can't work it out from the pictures (and they can be rather obscure); you then go to the area indicated and look for a brown mound of earth to dig to find treasure. The map then disappears from your inventory - it's a one time only thing. I think the new antiquities system (if you have the new Greymoor chapter) might drop 'leads' in them, so if you want to get into that it might be worth keeping them. But otherwise it might be worth getting rid of them by actually finding them, or destroying them - up to you.

I don't know if you are aware but inventory management can be a thing in ESO. You obviously have bank space as well as bag space, so if you are anything like me you will end up with a full bank that you need to manage. You can spend gold to upgrade your bank space (at banks) and your bag space. The latter I suggest you do at least a bit if you haven't already because it is a pain running out of room when out and about - there are pack merchants in many towns where you can upgrade your inventory space to get more slots. The cost at first is relatively low, but it goes up quickly https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Pack_Merchants Your bank space is shared across your account, so you can use this to swap items between toons if you ever need to, but your 'pack' belongs individually to each character. More on inventory management: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Inventory
    PC-EU.
  • SgtPow3rs
    SgtPow3rs
    Yeah, I am playing around with several skills and passives. While I play I don't actually worry about the build, I really enjoy the game and still play it daily now for 2 weeks. Level 47 at the moment. But I do wonder what I could improve on my build, I did a duel against a lv 25 player and got *** pretty bad. I think my character damage is around 1500.

Good, now I know what I should delete or keep in my bag or bank. I already upgraded the storage once or twice now.