Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

[Bank Space] If we had more space... would you still run out of space?

• SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't matter -- I'll find stuff to fill it and still run out of space
    It's like that old commercial where the couple are looking at all their stuff and how much space it's taking up, so they go out and buy a bunch of storage containers for organizing and storing their stuff in. Then they're looking at how tidy everything is, and how much more free space they have, and say, "Now we need to go out and buy more stuff."

Or, as a scientist might say, "Nature abhors a vacuum."
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
    Options
  • dem0n1k
    dem0n1k
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inventory control is just not an enjoyable thing to do.. so if I could avoid it by just sticking everything in the bank, I would.
    NA Server [PC] -- Mostly Ebonheart Pact, Mostly.
    Options
  • Wishingstaff
    Wishingstaff
    ✭✭
    Yeah, would happily accept more space, bank or otherwise. Do like my little piggybank pet. Thanks ZOS.
    Options
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got 10 x 200 slots and vault 240 (+240 eso+) on my main account.
    My mule account is 8x190 and vault 200

so total ... 4200 slots and I still struggle, at least on my mule account as I'm too lazy to sell stuff :disappointed:

So my point is, it doesn't matter how many inventory slots there are. Hoarder is a hoarder is a hoarder.
    Edited by daim on April 5, 2020 10:34PM
    ""I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light." It was written on my sword, long…long ago." ―Ajunta Pall
    PC|EU
    Options
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gorgoneus wrote: »
    Every DLC provides us alot of new style matherials to stock our inventory unless we buy ESO+

Even if they'll increase the bank space, it will be new tabs we must buy with gold for ridiculous price.

SWTOR's latest Onslaught expansion introduced a lot of mats AND materials inflation where you get tons and tons -- and need tons and tons.
    So they gave everyone a Crafting Bag for FREE. Subs and non-subs alike.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on April 5, 2020 10:39PM
    Options
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    given that somehow I was just bellow my threshold before storage boxes were added... and now that I have them all, i'm STILL just bellow the threshold? more space will just end up meaning more clutter to keep sorting through and getting exhausted by.

even though I never actualy want to live in a tiny house, i'm starting to understand the appeal of being forced to prioritized via limited space. that initial decision not to keep something seems a lot less stressful than trying to find something in too much stuff.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We already know the answer to this question. Those of us that are pack rats will fill up any add space quickly. We did it when we got the crafting bags, again when bank space was doubled, and finally with the chest storage that Zos added.
    Options
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Destroying specific items of little value can be helpful for those who like to hoard multiple items.
    You can decide to destroy items worth less than 1K gold each.

For example, the prophet outfit style pages after you learned it.
    It is highly unlikely that you will be able to sell each item you have(guild stores listing limitations and overall demand for the items).
    So hoarding those items isn't beneficial.

It helped me a lot with my inventory.
    Edited by Universe on April 5, 2020 11:18PM
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
    Options
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been playing since right after launch and I am a bit of a packrat. My bank is full. My storage containers(I have them all) are full. My character's inventories are close to full......just enough space to play a few hours without running out of space. Any houses that I haven't decorated are loaded with extra furnishings that are not in any kind of sort order making it impossible to know what I have and to find things I need. A furnishing bag like the craft bag would be ideal, for me. I have issues! :/
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
    Options
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    x3
    Yes, I probably will always have those times where my space gets filled up. However I would like enough space so I am not pruning it constantly or having to choose between trying the latest sets and discarding older sets that have been shown to no longer be viable with an update.

I would be happy with 3x for a long, long time but 2x would also excite me, for sure!

Some things if they sit long enough become obsolete. I want enough space so that when I go to prune the choices are obvious. I don't quite have that right now.
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
    Options
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »
    I've been playing since right after launch and I am a bit of a packrat. My bank is full. My storage containers(I have them all) are full. My character's inventories are close to full......just enough space to play a few hours without running out of space. Any houses that I haven't decorated are loaded with extra furnishings that are not in any kind of sort order making it impossible to know what I have and to find things I need. A furnishing bag like the craft bag would be ideal, for me. I have issues! :/

I wouldn't be surprised if ZOS will release a new type of subscription along side the current one.
    For example, "ESO Premium" - All benefits of ESO plus but unlimited bank inventory!
    *If you are not subscribed anymore, you will no longer be able to deposit any new items but can still withdrew existing items from your bank.
    Though it will be kind of super OP and people will complain on P2W.
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    Options
  • ShawnLaRock
    ShawnLaRock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I literally have one of EVERY individual gear set piece that has dropped for me in over 2 years of playing A LOT with no ESO+.

Is it a ridiculous, self-inflicted juggle struggle trying to keep item types; consumables; motif pages; and materials managed and organized? Oh. Mem. Gee. You better believe it!

But I am holding out one last character slot to play the Greymoor tutorial because I heard there may not be any extras with this Chapter, as there has been in the past - but then I’ll SURELY have enough space.

For like... a minute. ;)

S.
    Options
  • ddgsodium
    ddgsodium
    ✭✭✭
    x5
    Bank capacity should scale with number of DLCs.
    Options
  • Everest_Lionheart
    Everest_Lionheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ddgsodium wrote: »
    Bank capacity should scale with number of DLCs.
    This or at least the inconvenience of an exclusive zone only bank to that DLC for storing relative items to that particular zone. Make it accessible though only that zone or through the crown store banker.

Give more limited space plus promote a sale at the same time. A little give and take here but ESO+ members easily have enough crowns for that bank. May as well spend them on a useful utility.
    Options
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    More space is welcome, they keep adding new sets to the game without adding new space to hold them.
    Options
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering the way they keep buffing/nerfing classes and gear you never want to toss out sets. I think they should offer more space. ideally I can see something like once you've maxed bank space and only to eso + maybe have a 5k updgrade for unlimited space. Or craftable dummies to put sets on in your house.
    Options
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    daim wrote: »
    I got 10 x 200 slots and vault 240 (+240 eso+) on my main account.
    My mule account is 8x190 and vault 200

so total ... 4200 slots and I still struggle, at least on my mule account as I'm too lazy to sell stuff :disappointed:

So my point is, it doesn't matter how many inventory slots there are. Hoarder is a hoarder is a hoarder.

And in the end you are becoming a slave of your hoarded crap, where most of it will never again be touched after storing it.
    Options
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Universe wrote: »
    Destroying specific items of little value can be helpful for those who like to hoard multiple items.

It is highly unlikely that you will be able to sell each item you have(guild stores listing limitations and overall demand for the items).

This - consequently think like "is it likely that I will use that item in the near future" - if not, delete it or give it away for free. I will do this shortly for all the crown store crap we got, where I'm not any likely to ever use it - but it is still stored. i just didn't do it yet, because I had to type DESTROY with each and any of it - now I discovered that marking all as junk and then sell the junk is freeing me from having to do that with every item separately - and there it will go to meet the void - all that useless, worthless crown store crap we got to fill up our inventories.
    Edited by Lysette on April 6, 2020 9:16AM
    Options
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    x1 -- No change
    I rarely run out of space. It happened recently due to me moving stuff to my main from my 9 alts but it was temporary. I just plopped down the excess furniture I had in bank into my "warehouse" house.

EDIT: Typos, because I just can't make a post without those apparently.
    Edited by Michae on April 6, 2020 9:39AM
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
    Options
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    x2
    Just make it a nice even 1000 bank slots.

It would also help if writs, consumables and treasure maps would stack more efficiently.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
    Options
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just make it a nice even 1000 bank slots.

It would also help if writs, consumables and treasure maps would stack more efficiently.

And style pages. How many more Jubilees and Jesters before those will finally stack? <.<
    Options
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    However, each time they add sets there should be 5 slots more.
    Options
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    x5
    I put 5x, as that answer amused me and it would (obviously) be ideal.

However, if I had a reasonable amount more space (not, necessarily, 5x) and that kept increasing every xpac and DLC, no I wouldn't run out, because I have a pretty rigid system re. what I keep and what I sell/decon/destroy.

I don't keep sets, for example.

I might start to keep one of each monster helm, if they had the best trait, if I had more storage space - but, I wouldn't suddenly start hoarding all of them, regardless of trait, or all of the sets, or anything.

Only thing I currently do, which some would probably view as hoarding (but, isn't really), is temporarily dump some stuff, that I can't be bothered to sell, or that has unusually low prices, right now and doing that clogs up my bank and storage chests.

I also do a lot of furnishing, so that is storage space intensive, because if you have over a certain number of a certain furnishing, it is inefficient to store it in a storage house, as it obviously won't stack in there.

Whereas, it will in the bank/a chest.

Not to mention that you, obviously, can't also furnish houses you're using for storage.

People who don't do furnishing don't really get it...
    Options
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lysette wrote: »

This - consequently think like "is it likely that I will use that item in the near future" - if not, delete it or give it away for free. I will do this shortly for all the crown store crap we got, where I'm not any likely to ever use it - but it is still stored. i just didn't do it yet, because I had to type DESTROY with each and any of it - now I discovered that marking all as junk and then sell the junk is freeing me from having to do that with every item separately - and there it will go to meet the void - all that useless, worthless crown store crap we got to fill up our inventories.

A trick I discovered:
    Copy and paste "DESTROY" for each item before clicking confirm.

Problem solved! :)
    Edited by Universe on April 6, 2020 1:27PM
    Options
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A trick I discovered:

marking as trash is quicker - then one doesn't have to confirm it and there is as well no difference in how the confirmation would work - some require DELETE others DESTROY - marked as trash i will not be asked any more when I sell my trash to a trader.
    Options
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    x5
    mairwen85 wrote: »
    More inventory space just means more space to fill. No matter the space people will still complain. I personally have no inventory issues because I don't hoard trash. Anyone complaining about not having enough space now, will never have enough space.

Not true, especially as some people do not enjoy the logging multiple alts, all day, game.

I'm operating everything on one char...

None of my alts have expanded storage, because I don't play them and don't want to keep logging off and on to them and then back again.

I also don't have a guild bank for storage, on any of them, or alternate accounts to send items to.

The problem with this game, more-or-less in general, is that the advised "solutions", to every problem that occurs, always seem to amount to little more than a spider's web of multiple workarounds.

Rather than the game having been based on proper, user-friendly, intuitive, elegant design, in the first place.
    Edited by Tigerseye on April 6, 2020 1:36PM
    Options
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »
    mairwen85 wrote: »
    More inventory space just means more space to fill. No matter the space people will still complain. I personally have no inventory issues because I don't hoard trash. Anyone complaining about not having enough space now, will never have enough space.

Not true, especially as some people do not enjoy the logging multiple alts, all day, game.

I'm operating everything on one char...

None of my alts have expanded storage, because I don't play them and don't want to keep logging off and on to them and then back again.

I also don't have a guild bank for storage, on any of them, or alternate accounts to send items to.

The problem with this game, more-or-less in general, is that the advised "solutions", to every problem that occurs, always seem to amount to little more than a spider's web of multiple workarounds.

Rather than having been based on proper, user-friendly, intuitive, elegant design, in the first place.

it is designed to get subscriptions and to sell upgrades in the crown store - that is obvious - and if you know who owns zenimax and what kind of guys those are, you know why it is like it is.
    Options
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

A trick I discovered:

marking as trash is quicker - then one doesn't have to confirm it and there is as well no difference in how the confirmation would work - some require DELETE others DESTROY - marked as trash i will not be asked any more when I sell my trash to a trader.

Indeed.
    Though some items such as style pages can't be sold to a merchant even when marked as junk.
    Options
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A trick I discovered:

Indeed.
    Though some items such as style pages can't be sold to a merchant even when marked as junk.

marked as junk it worked for me though - no confirmation required - you don't get anything for it, but it is gone from inventory.
    Edited by Lysette on April 6, 2020 1:43PM
    Options
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

A trick I discovered:

Indeed.

marked as junk it worked for me though - no confirmation required

I just tried, I couldn't sell "Style Page: Jephrine Paladin Gauntlets" to a merchant,
    Options