The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Eso+ Sub Status (who has cancelled?)

• Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    Lysette wrote: »
    Malmai wrote: »
    They keep getting new players which is fine but they can milk them players more. Until these players become old and get pissed, but they have perfect cycle. Just look at new skyrim dlc :) gotta make game attractive for new players.

Until they find out that it is just a tiny part of Skyrim - the west of it - and most of it is missing.

Up until Elsweyr, I was expecting the Skyrim "year" to be at least 1/2 of the remaining portion of Skyrim. I was expecting Blackreach to be a trial. All of Skyrim would be 4 or 5 ESO zones.

After seeing Elsweyr, I expect Greymoor to be hardly larger than the Hold that Solitude sits in, with the winter DLC being a portion of the Hold that Markarth sits in.

The plan appears to be one major city at a time, with some surrounding area kicked in as a bonus. More surrounding area if it is a Chapter, less if it is a DLC.

I think that if they went back and did Summerset Isle again, it would be split into the Alinor chapter, with the western side of the Isle, and then the winter DLC would be Shimmerene and the eastern side. In the middle, where all the roads go between the mountains, would be a massive gate so they can have the zone change. The very north and south parts of the Isle would not be included on the Shimmerene side.

Sometimes I want Greymoor and then again not - It feels quite a bit low on content for the price - and eventually i won't buy it at all, even I like the looks of it. But at some point they just overdo it and want nearly full game price for just a tiny shard of a game - this is not the direction I'd want to support.
    Edited by Lysette on April 4, 2020 1:20PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They keep getting new players which is fine but they can milk them players more. Until these players become old and get pissed, but they have perfect cycle. Just look at new skyrim dlc :) gotta make game attractive for new players.

Until they find out that it is just a tiny part of Skyrim - the west of it - and most of it is missing.

Up until Elsweyr, I was expecting the Skyrim "year" to be at least 1/2 of the remaining portion of Skyrim. I was expecting Blackreach to be a trial. All of Skyrim would be 4 or 5 ESO zones.

After seeing Elsweyr, I expect Greymoor to be hardly larger than the Hold that Solitude sits in, with the winter DLC being a portion of the Hold that Markarth sits in.

The plan appears to be one major city at a time, with some surrounding area kicked in as a bonus. More surrounding area if it is a Chapter, less if it is a DLC.

I think that if they went back and did Summerset Isle again, it would be split into the Alinor chapter, with the western side of the Isle, and then the winter DLC would be Shimmerene and the eastern side. In the middle, where all the roads go between the mountains, would be a massive gate so they can have the zone change. The very north and south parts of the Isle would not be included on the Shimmerene side.

Sometimes I want Greymoor and then again not - It feels quite a bit low on content for the price - and eventually i won't buy it at all, even I like the looks of it. But at some point they just overdo it and want nearly full game price for just a tiny shard of a game - this is not the direction I'd want to support.

I pre-ordered Greymoor and will not go back on that, but as we get closer to launch, I am left with the feeling that it is not worth buying. I knew that the above ground zone would be small, and expected that they would be playing "size games" with the split between above ground and below ground. I now expect that the zones will feel small, because they are.

I was excited about Antiquities, and that is what tipped the scale on the pre-order purchase. Now, I am thinking that this is going to be a disaster. The minigame looks like it will be the living embodiment of my worst nightmare. An entire system modeled after some punishment from Hell where the damned are forced to repeat some mindless task in the vain hope of collecting a shiny trinket.

I fear that it will be the "Murkmire of the North", the frigid ice swamp that no one visits unless they are grinding something. I will see if it as bad as it looks from this week's preview when we get to PTS. An ember of hope still glows.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I pre-ordered Greymoor and will not go back on that, but as we get closer to launch, I am left with the feeling that it is not worth buying. I knew that the above ground zone would be small, and expected that they would be playing "size games" with the split between above ground and below ground. I now expect that the zones will feel small, because they are.

I was excited about Antiquities, and that is what tipped the scale on the pre-order purchase. Now, I am thinking that this is going to be a disaster. The minigame looks like it will be the living embodiment of my worst nightmare. An entire system modeled after some punishment from Hell where the damned are forced to repeat some mindless task in the vain hope of collecting a shiny trinket.

I fear that it will be the "Murkmire of the North", the frigid ice swamp that no one visits unless they are grinding something. I will see if it as bad as it looks from this week's preview when we get to PTS. An ember of hope still glows.

I don't know what to expect from the antiquities system - if it just some maps for hanging on the walls - then no - I rather hang a colorful painting on the wall than a plainly colored map. Solitude and western Skyrim was never my favorite part of Skyrim anyway - and vampires - I am not into those as well - so what does this chapter have to offer to me - not much at all.
    Edited by Lysette on April 4, 2020 1:53PM
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    the lag is uncontrollable since redownload update, better find new game (pc eu)
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Murkmire was great. I don't see why I'd want to return to any old zones. I mean, to do what? Kill the same dragons over and over?
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »

Murkmire was great. I don't see why I'd want to return to any old zones. I mean, to do what? Kill the same dragons over and over?

As opposed to what, running dungeons/trials killing the same bosses over and over? Or running the same PvP zones doing the same campaigns/battlegrounds over and over?
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's an mmo, it's going to be repetitive no matter what, but we enjoy it when it's playable.
    For instance right now on Alliance locked PC EU (three alliances are all locked) -> it's a joke...skills have 3 second delays.

It really needs to be addressed, I'm just astounded that nothing has been done for this nor spoken of.
    I think it's perhaps 'non fixable'.
    10 days of ESO sub left after I cancelled. I wont be re subbing and unfortunately the game will probably be unplayable without it (for craft bag -> another joke).

Sorry for the rant, but it has seriously gone fubar.
    Edited by Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo on April 4, 2020 6:02PM
  • Phanterdkb16_ESO
    I did they dont fix anything i played for all the years but now pvpers use cheat engines and cenimax dont care they say tat they will fix the lagg now we are back to Thornblade is a fload of bull i know nerly all guilds now are movin to New World ( THIS ON YOU CENIMAX ) You had the chanche for the best pvp game ever but got blindet by mony and forgot what you said when the game came out WE WILL LISTEN TO THE COMMUNITY but that you forgot sorry.

EL :(
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »

As opposed to what, running dungeons/trials killing the same bosses over and over? Or running the same PvP zones doing the same campaigns/battlegrounds over and over?

Why would I do any of those over and over?

I suppose with trials, there are achievements to go for. People who like PvP will end up repeating the same content over and over regardless of the game. That is the nature of PvP.

But there is no reason to return to any zone apart from grinding, collecting surveys, grinding gear sets, picking up pledges, or doing crafting writs. I fail to see how Murkmire is special in this way.

Complaining about a mindless grind and then talking about no reason to return and being the Murkmire of the north is nonsensical. All returning to zones is mindless grinding. Unless you are RPing.
  • Auroan
    Auroan
    ✭✭✭
    My ESO+ expires on the 15th and I'm debating if I want to resub. Truth be told, the changes aren't that bad. LA's should be nerfed (but not by 78%), and HA's should be buffed (not sure what a balanced amount would be since a number too high would break PvP). But HA's should still restore resources since it doesn't do enough damage to justify using it in a rotation (there needs to be some kind of benefit when using it, otherwise it's literally useless). LA's restoring a tiny amount is fine, though I'm okay without it if HA's still restore resources.

My biggest issue isn't with the changes, it's the mentality/reasoning of WHY they're doing the changes. I fundamentally don't agree with the company, and predict the endgame community will go downhill if they continue changing the game with these type of reasons in mind. Had they left out that single portion of them describing the APM and such, I would've thought "okay, I see what they're trying to do, they just did a bad job at it".

Also, ESO+ doesn't mean anything in ZOS' eyes. A majority of their revenue comes from their online gambling modeling: loot crates. A one month transaction of $15 from ESO+ is laughable compared to the amount of money ZOS makes from microtransactions (Crown Crates). To give a better visual:

5500 Crowns = $39.99

ESO+ = $14.99

Everyone knows that a majority of people (especially casual players and RP'ers) probably spend more money on Crowns per month than they do on their ESO+ billing cycle.

So if you think you'll make an impact and ZOS will listen to you if you unsubscribe to ESO+, I've got terribly bad news for you. Just remember that a customer who buys 5500 Crowns per month will always be more valuable to ZOS than a customer who buys ESO+.

This is also the reason why I'm still debating either 1.) Leaving the game, or 2.) Keeping ESO+ and hoping they fix their game, as ESO+ gives great benefits, and losing ESO+ won't do anything to phase ZOS anyways, since it's only scratch on their yearly revenue. I haven't bought any Crowns that're currently on sale though, so it's a start, I guess (I usually buy an average of $100 worth of Crowns per sale they do, which is equivalent to around 7 months of ESO+ in a single transaction).

[Edit to remove inappropriate content]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on April 6, 2020 2:09AM
    "And the Scrolls have foretold, of black wings in the cold,
    That when brothers wage war come unfurled!
    Alduin, Bane of Kings, ancient shadow unbound,
    With a hunger to swallow the world!"
    54k Achievement Point Club
  • Ranger74z
    Ranger74z
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah my solution has been simple...I never subbed to ESO+ in the first place.

Sure, I have to go to town often to sell my items...but it's much nicer this way.

Heck, I may even wait for the next expansion to go on sale before I buy it.
    Go ESO! :)

Ranger74z
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Youyouz06 wrote: »
    Hey folks,

I am curious to know how many of you have cancelled your Eso+ subscriptions in light of the crashes/lags/bugs and desynchs we have been experiencing now for over 2 months.
    It is not to bait or troll, so please keep your wording polite and keep your discussions for other posts which relate to the matter(s).
    I would like to get a general idea of how the player is feeling at the moment through this voting poll.

Freya

Still subbed and will remain so. Despite its issues eso is still my top mmo.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • eyeseezombiesub17_ESO
    Besides a few lag spikes, some in very frustrating moments, I haven't experienced anything to seriously make me end my ESO+ sub
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Who here Members when Summerset was revealed and people mass quit because the island was too small.

I member
  • Seperatist
    Seperatist
    ✭✭✭
    Never had long term sub at first place tbh
    Immoltal ledeemel, (un)chained, Gryphon Fat, Thicc Tocc Tolmenter, Grand overbruhlord, Kekslayer. "You know you don't have to be here right"
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have any performance or other problems with the game on PC EU and PC NA as a solo/cooperative and non-competitive PvEer, so the question of cancelling my two subscriptions doesn't arise.

I'm also a quester type, I don't like PvP and I usually avoid dungeons - but I cancelled my sub last year, and my reason was - and still is - solidarity. I enjoy the quests and the game, but I simply can't support ZOS.

I also didn't preorder Greymoor, because I'm not interested in Vampires or Skyrim at all.
  • Ignis_Irae
    Ignis_Irae
    ✭✭✭
    i canceled sub after few years of constant sub. reason. namy bugs, issues, crashes, they more u fix the more u destroy. pls buy new server cause u are to weak IT to fix program. so im stil heree form time to time but realy it is frustrating observing your efforts. thik if u would be a surgeon and treat patient with same care as Eso. u would sit in jale now. wtf u doing there?
  • scottii
    scottii
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just about to. Was going to pre-order Greymore and buy 21,000 crown create, but a friend reminded me that New Worlds beta is coming out this month. Also, there's Star Citizen. A game like Star Citizen, I have no problem dropping $1k into the game.

*Constructive feedback moderators, before you remove my comment. Tell your managers and development team, they REALLY need to listen the community's request to improve performance. It's 2020, Cyrodiil should look like the below - NO LAG, not how it currently is and has been for months.

100+ players at one keep. Poor frames, BUT.... NO LAG! Abilities are going off on demand.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFQYPKxaZl4&t=308s
    Praying the Daedric Gods will make Cyrodiil great again.
  • Ignis_Irae
    Ignis_Irae
    ✭✭✭
    great reminder Scottii :))) it was like that years ago :). hehe and ppl say we ve got better coms now then few years ago? realy even now i use 2,5x faster comp and v high speed net. server and game is soooo f lagy. in cyro now. :)))))) and u know Z will bun us cause we remeber still like it was :))))))))))))))))))))
  • scottii
    scottii
    ✭✭✭
    Ignis_Irae wrote: »
    great reminder Scottii :))) it was like that years ago :). hehe and ppl say we ve got better coms now then few years ago? realy even now i use 2,5x faster comp and v high speed net. server and game is soooo f lagy. in cyro now. :)))))) and u know Z will bun us cause we remeber still like it was :))))))))))))))))))))

Seriously though. Almost all my friends have no problems paying ESO more money. They want to. Not under these circumstances though.

But yeah, I remember when Morrowind was out, Cyrodiil was still pretty good. The only time lag would happen back then was a full tri-faction emp. defense keep. Possibly 300-500 players in one close proximity.
    Praying the Daedric Gods will make Cyrodiil great again.
  • Curious_Death
    Curious_Death
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have got eso+ with my bro... now we regret... free week with jubilee... thx unplayable lags desyncs... wasted money...
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you are going to let ESO+ lapse, do sweep your bank before it ends. If you don't it will be a painful experience.
  • Tigertron
    Tigertron
    ✭✭✭✭

Why would I do any of those over and over?

I suppose with trials, there are achievements to go for. People who like PvP will end up repeating the same content over and over regardless of the game. That is the nature of PvP.

But there is no reason to return to any zone apart from grinding, collecting surveys, grinding gear sets, picking up pledges, or doing crafting writs. I fail to see how Murkmire is special in this way.

Complaining about a mindless grind and then talking about no reason to return and being the Murkmire of the north is nonsensical. All returning to zones is mindless grinding. Unless you are RPing.

I guess you finished vMA on your first run? No need to go back.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I still have active eso+, I bought 3 months of it almost 3 months ago now, and I will only resub if performance improves greatly, because its unbearable atm.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • mpicklesster
    mpicklesster
    ✭✭✭
    I've stuck with ESO through a lot ever since 2015. I even begrudgingly stuck around after the huge sustain nerfs in Morrowind. I thought there's no way they would ever be stupid enough to do *another* big nerf to sustain. (FYI: the changes to vampirism and heavy attacks are large, indirect sustain nerfs). And I also thought there's no way they're stupid enough to make changes that encourage *another* heavy attack meta like the one we had immediately after Morrowind. You can imagine my surprise when I saw the latest patch notes and tested things out myself on PTS.

For the first time ever, I'm seriously considering unsubscribing. The latest changes on the PTS make me genuinely fear that ZOS didn't learn from their mistakes made during the Morrowind expansion. I feel like I'm witnessing a new generation of developers make some of the same mistakes as their predecessors. If that turns out to be true, I see no point in sticking around.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mines still going on because when I do find time to play I enjoy having access to all the content.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • TheHsN
    TheHsN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had auto-renew the Sub for every 6 months. But ı canceled it the same day i see the Skyrim and its contents. I was hoping for new Class and New weapon Tree. But they gave only puzzle game. So i am out.
    Plays:
    Magicka SORC - PvE/PvP
    Stamina NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka Templar - PvE
    Stamina Templar - PvP
    Magicka DK - PvE
    Stamina DK - PvE
  • temjiu
    temjiu
    ✭✭✭✭
    The voting options need more clarification.

It's good that you put a detailed description in the topic, but the questions could use that same level of detail. Plus it would be nice to have an "alternative" cancellation option, like "I cancelled my sub for other reasons".

I wouldn't be suprised if a large part of those who selected cancelled did so because they just stopped playing, or got distracted an let it lapse, or perhaps ran out of spare money in the budget? Not everyone cancels because of the perceived lag/DC/whatever. this poll is unfortunately misleading due to this. Hence why polls like this never work out.

For the record, I personally have kept my sub, will continue to do so, and even in the past have left it running even if I'm not actively playing. I hop in and out of games frequently, so having to stop and restart my subs for my more favorite games can get irritating.
  • Raammzzaa
    Raammzzaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m still holding out through it all that these devs can somehow redeem themselves and roll out a fix for the current performance issues. So no plans to leave currently. I just complain a lot. If another modern game comes out on console that is truly competitive with eso (has game modes akin to trials and Cyrodiil and such) then I’m convinced that most of the people that I play with would migrate.