The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Eso+ Sub Status (who has cancelled?)

• Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The credit card I had linked to my monthly subscription had expired. When asked to update it, I just couldn't justify it. For me, replacing genuine progression with grindy events was the first and major death knell. Then repeated dramatic swings in combat direction just caused me to loose all interest in everything but housing.
    Unfortunately, aggressive monetization approaches coupled with poor return for such an expensive game system led to a very demotivating experience there too.
    All in all, I play games to be entertained. When i found my experience was more frustrating than enjoyable, it was time to take a break.
    Edited by Zypheran on April 3, 2020 7:23AM
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • DocDova
    DocDova
    ✭✭✭
    As long as I am playing, i dont intend to cancel subs.
  • D3N7157
    D3N7157
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cancelled it in the *** DOT damage patch hasnt resubbed since/have no plans to do so
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Votes are still half/half.
    I don't know what we can do about this, perhaps make these issues known to a wider public.
    I feel as if we are 'alone' here on the forum.

[edited to remove forum violation]
    Edited by ZOS_Ragnar on April 3, 2020 2:01PM
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We need to get a reward for enduring our non subbed state :D
    ESO is an inventory management nightmare without ESO plus..
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have any performance or other problems with the game on PC EU and PC NA as a solo/cooperative and non-competitive PvEer, so the question of cancelling my two subscriptions doesn't arise.
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    I don't have any performance or other problems with the game on PC EU and PC NA as a solo/cooperative and non-competitive PvEer, so the question of cancelling my two subscriptions doesn't arise.

but why 2 subscriptions - you can play with 1 account on both servers - ESO+ is valid on both, just collections do not transfer.
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After playing ever since ESO became f2p, I finally bought my first ESO+ Last November.
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sinolai wrote: »
    After playing ever since ESO became f2p, I finally bought my first ESO+ Last November.

it has never been free 2 play outside of the free trial weekends - the game is buy to play.
  • MorganaBlue
    MorganaBlue
    ✭✭✭
    quietly cancelled my subscription a few days ago when the present PTS patch notes were released.

It's the first and only time since I've been playing - two and a half years.I need say no more.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although I was getting load screens every few seconds while wandering around Craglorn yesterday. :|
  • tonne.backlinderb16_ESO
    I changed my subscription wich is going to be renewed next week from one year to six months. Then I'll decide if it's time to move to another game but just found a nice guild that I do trials with
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lysette wrote: »
    Tandor wrote: »

but why 2 subscriptions - you can play with 1 account on both servers - ESO+ is valid on both, just collections do not transfer.

I do know that. I'm an altoholic in MMOs, plus my second account pre-dates the merging of the servers into a single game client, so I needed a second account to increase the character slots on EU and then later on decided to roll some characters on NA too.
  • KappaKid83
    KappaKid83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Youyouz06 wrote: »
    Hey folks,

I am curious to know how many of you have cancelled your Eso+ subscriptions in light of the crashes/lags/bugs and desynchs we have been experiencing now for over 2 months.
    It is not to bait or troll, so please keep your wording polite and keep your discussions for other posts which relate to the matter(s).
    I would like to get a general idea of how the player is feeling at the moment through this voting poll.

Freya

I have canceled mine and will continue to play other games until I see the game turn a corner on performance, and unfortunately that does not look like it will be any time soon.
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why? Are you writing a book?
    Leave this chapter out.
    (you don't need to know what I do.)
  • zergbase_ESO
    zergbase_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zypheran wrote: »
    The credit card I had linked to my monthly subscription had expired. When asked to update it, I just couldn't justify it. For me, replacing genuine progression with grindy events was the first and major death knell. Then repeated dramatic swings in combat direction just caused me to loose all interest in everything but housing.
    Unfortunately, aggressive monetization approaches coupled with poor return for such an expensive game system led to a very demotivating experience there too.
    All in all, I play games to be entertained. When i found my experience was more frustrating than enjoyable, it was time to take a break.

Yep. I took one year break and came back to it. I've ignored pvp. Combat feels same for my overland build and it works so I am on the catch up to content. If I run out of that... Well pvp is trash and broken... So they really need step up content and remove a lot of dumb grinds.
  • Aynethol
    Aynethol
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah sadly I am also considering cancelling my subscription! adore the game but the current state of it leaves much to be desired especially when my main enjoyment was cyro which is currently plagued with issues :(
  • Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    Celephantsylvius_Bornasfinmo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bearbelly wrote: »
    Why? Are you writing a book?
    Leave this chapter out.
    (you don't need to know what I do.)

Hey Bear,

It's also to show that those who delve into pvp on a daily basis pay the ESO+ sub too ;)
  • Taylord900
    Taylord900
    ✭✭
    Canceled mine a week ago. I want to come back. Before that happens I'll need PVP back to, at least, the busted version before all these "fixes". (ZOS has broken me down too much to ask for anything more, or dare to hope for more).

- Downtrodden
  • Sir_Valk
    Sir_Valk
    ✭✭
    It depends if i like the next patch greymoor, then I will extend my ESO+ if they ruin it, then i'm going, i had enough patience with Zenimax, and eventually it has come to an end. PvP is literally unplayable, i'm just mashing my keyboard hoping for the best, the lag is insane.
    Edited by Sir_Valk on April 3, 2020 11:17PM
  • faeeichenlaub
    faeeichenlaub
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've lost my job recently with Covid business downturn. I just can't justify the expense right now. No reflections on zos.
    "Azura give me strength, Let my voice change the world as long as I am in it."
  • DocDova
    DocDova
    ✭✭✭
    Not just canceled subscription But deleted ESO since my genuine queries were not answered and was mocked.
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    New World can't come out soon enough. I think we'll see a drastic change of subscriptions in April/May timeframe.
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Until this changes.

HbllieG.jpg
  • Malmai
    Malmai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They keep getting new players which is fine but they can milk them players more. Until these players become old and get pissed, but they have perfect cycle. Just look at new skyrim dlc :) gotta make game attractive for new players.
  • DocDova
    DocDova
    ✭✭✭
    Attracting new players- Good by me.
    Screwing me- Not OK
    Screwing me and not fixing things- Bad enough.
    Screwing me, not fixing things and mocking me- You lose me.
  • DocDova
    DocDova
    ✭✭✭
    When You are paying for 2 services, Just so that You can do Crafting Dailies on 18 characters, get surveys/master writs, Just do them and don't even sell what you get, and then You get screwed-over on only occasion in Entire Year When You Might get some good stuff for doing writs (also biggest annual event), It's bad enough.

I oppose this on Principal and felt cheated when I was not INFORMED about timing of Event. Why would I pay or play on 2 different services, When they can't even inform me about Year's most important event ? When you come to know about an injustice, You should have immediately acted upon righting the wrong, But No People started Mocking me, Someone Might be busy with other things, They Might have forgotten to check a specific web-page (What about those, Who just don't use internet other than for gaming ?)

Every single service remind you about important things, Mobile number I don't use and just keep (by paying like 1 dollar a Month) also send me numerous reminders on when to recharge again.

I didn't felt angry at any person, But a Practice of not owning up to faults and compensate customer for grievance caused, But here You get even more grievances when You don't get compensated and get mocked as added insult to injury.
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malmai wrote: »
    They keep getting new players which is fine but they can milk them players more. Until these players become old and get pissed, but they have perfect cycle. Just look at new skyrim dlc :) gotta make game attractive for new players.

Until they find out that it is just a tiny part of Skyrim - the west of it - and most of it is missing.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New World can't come out soon enough. I think we'll see a drastic change of subscriptions in April/May timeframe.

And again in June/July timeframe :wink: !
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lysette wrote: »
    Malmai wrote: »

Until they find out that it is just a tiny part of Skyrim - the west of it - and most of it is missing.

Up until Elsweyr, I was expecting the Skyrim "year" to be at least 1/2 of the remaining portion of Skyrim. I was expecting Blackreach to be a trial. All of Skyrim would be 4 or 5 ESO zones.

After seeing Elsweyr, I expect Greymoor to be hardly larger than the Hold that Solitude sits in, with the winter DLC being a portion of the Hold that Markarth sits in.

The plan appears to be one major city at a time, with some surrounding area kicked in as a bonus. More surrounding area if it is a Chapter, less if it is a DLC.

I think that if they went back and did Summerset Isle again, it would be split into the Alinor chapter, with the western side of the Isle, and then the winter DLC would be Shimmerene and the eastern side. In the middle, where all the roads go between the mountains, would be a massive gate so they can have the zone change. The very north and south parts of the Isle would not be included on the Shimmerene side.
    Edited by Elsonso on April 4, 2020 1:14PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus