Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Alliance change token are here

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hamish999 wrote: »
    Universe wrote: »
    ZOS needs to reset all progress made by the player while he was playing the other side.
    No easy way, only grind your way through again.

Good idea ... no free pass for players changing Alliances

I hope ZOS is reading this thread.

I would imagine the main criteria for using an Alliance change token would be having had to have completed your Alliance main quest, Cadwell's Silver and Cadwell's Gold. That way it won't screw up any alliance stuff PvE side that I can think of.

Edit: As for PvP ranks, who cares. You can get to Grand Overlord by daily log in rewards.

That’s a highly speculative guess on your part.

With two or three AP bonuses per month, it will take a player approximately 539 years to get Grand Overlord on daily bonuses alone.
  • Hamish999
    Hamish999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS needs to reset all progress made by the player while he was playing the other side.

I would imagine the main criteria for using an Alliance change token would be having had to have completed your Alliance main quest, Cadwell's Silver and Cadwell's Gold. That way it won't screw up any alliance stuff PvE side that I can think of.

Edit: As for PvP ranks, who cares. You can get to Grand Overlord by daily log in rewards.

With two or three AP bonuses per month, it will take a player approximately 539 years to get Grand Overlord on daily bonuses alone.

I never said it would be quick lol
    PC-EU
    Do'Zahra - Khajiit - StamDK - AD
    Narese Telvanni - Dunmer - Petsorc - EP
    Anastasie Chastain - Breton - Magplar - DC
    Gashnakh the Lusty - Orc - Stamsorc - AD
    Stands-In-Stoopid - Argonian - Warden Tank - AD
    Talia al-Morwha - Redguard - Stamden - AD
    Makes-Fier-Wrong - Argonian - Stamblade - AD
    Busty-Argonian-Maid - Argonian - Templar Healer - AD
    Alaru Telvanni - Dunmer - Stamplar - AD
    Ko'Raehsi - Khajiit - Magsorc - AD
    Torhild Rock-Chucker - Nord - StamDK - AD
    Drusilla Larouche - Breton - MagDK - AD
    Ko'Khanni - Khajiit - Magden - AD
    Ilithyia Ectorius - Imperial - DK Tank -AD
    Rosara Laumont - Breton - Warden Healer - AD
    Do'Darri - Khajiit - Stam Arcanist - AD

Keyboard and mouse FTW!
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I believe his point is that you're rank means precisely nothing. You can be just as good on rank 12-14 with all the passives unlocked as you are on 50. And you can get to that point by doing nothing pvp related. Say... Scouting missions, village daily, fixing walls. Boom, lvl 50. So? Grand overlord that know jack about pvping.

I think that's his point...
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wolfbone wrote: »
    then what was the point of alliance lock if people can just change their alliance? I'm guessing the alliance spies are going to return

lol the Alliance “Spies” never left

The “information” any spy can share is base knowledge anyone can just figure out and assume

Oh...BM is Empty cause all AD are at Roe fighting DC!? Who Knew!?!?

Oh there is a Fwd Camp at keep being Attacked!? Who Knew!?

These are not game changing in anyway shape or form

If someone is exploiting and using their character to do things they are not intended to do...ie grab a scroll n drop in lake
    Well that’s for ZoS to deal with...there will always be trolls

You don't need a spy in Cyrodiil these days to know where everyone is...

I know...
    that’s what I said...
    lol
  • SillyGT
    SillyGT
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is this for real ? LOL...
    If this is real it is the worst decision ZOS ever made...
    Many PVP players will consider quitting over this(me included).
    Alliance should never be allowed to be changed...
    A meaningful decision, same as class choice.

This is one time choice for the benefit of one faction.
    Faction loyalty, no treason. Thank you.

This isn’t going to hurt literally anyone besides loyalists. Sorry bud winning means literally nothing what bragging right and 20k gold. Wow Totally worth 30 days of your time. Alliance lock literally reverted one tamerial. And things like this you’ll actually be able to play with friends finally.
  • ricklaverd
    ricklaverd
    ✭✭✭
    Do you lose ur ranks if u swap factions?
  • ricklaverd
    ricklaverd
    ✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    Does the alliance rank carry over? So could I buy the PvP rank furnishings after switching?
    (0.0)

was wondering same thing
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZonasArch wrote: »

I believe his point is that you're rank means precisely nothing. You can be just as good on rank 12-14 with all the passives unlocked as you are on 50. And you can get to that point by doing nothing pvp related. Say... Scouting missions, village daily, fixing walls. Boom, lvl 50. So? Grand overlord that know jack about pvping.

Achieving Grand Overlord is one of ESO's longest grinds available.
    Usually a player who attains this rank has great patience and an high level of understanding of the alliance war.
    Also, the player earn experience and skill while doing so.
    It is true that there are players who just zerg/repair their way to grand overlords, but most who get that far also know how to fight in PVP, some even quite well.
    In cyrodiil the higher ranked players are usually more "experienced" but ofc it is not always the case.
    SillyGT wrote: »

This isn’t going to hurt literally anyone besides loyalists. Sorry bud winning means literally nothing what bragging right and 20k gold. Wow Totally worth 30 days of your time. Alliance lock literally reverted one tamerial. And things like this you’ll actually be able to play with friends finally.

Unless ZOS introduces a cooldown & complete reset of the Alliance war character's progress while he played the other side & very high price tag you can be sure that most players will just join the winning side very fast.
    Do you want to enter a map completely blue/red/yellow with almost no fights ? This may happen if this token will be available.
    It depends on how ZOS will implement it.
    I'm still against the implementation of this token but I will wait for their plans regarding this token to be released before I will judge it further.
    Edited by Universe on April 2, 2020 8:21PM
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZonasArch wrote: »

Achieving Grand Overlord is one of ESO's longest grinds available.
    Usually a player who attains this rank has great patience and an high level of understanding of the alliance war.
    Also, the player earn experience and skill while doing so.
    It is true that there are players who just zerg/repair their way to grand overlords, but most who get that far also know how to fight in PVP, some even quite well.
    In cyrodiil the higher ranked players are usually more "experienced" but ofc it is not always the case.
    SillyGT wrote: »

Unless ZOS introduces a cooldown & complete reset of the Alliance war character's progress while he played the other side & very high price tag you can be sure that most players will just join the winning side very fast.
    Do you want to enter a map completely blue/red/yellow with almost no fights ? This may happen if this token will be available.
    It depends on how ZOS will implement it.
    I'm still against the implementation of this token but I will wait for their plans regarding this token to be released before I will judge it further.

You missed the entire point. People arent going to shell out 30-40 dollars back and forth. Besides its faction locked anyways.
  • ZOS_Lunar
    ZOS_Lunar
    admin
    We have closed this thread to prevent further spiraling and off topic replies.

It’s okay to disagree and debate on the official ESO forums, but we do ask that you keep all disagreements civil, constructive, and on-topic. We understand that everyone would like to keep their discussion active and visible, but we encourage you to strive for meaningful and constructive posts.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.