The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Alliance change token are here

• Joinovikova
    Joinovikova
    ✭✭✭✭
    Finally after years.. I will be able to switch my NB to DC and do not feel like traitor when play Cryo.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This will be a godsend to those of us whose favorite social guild plays a different alliance from their mains. I'll be switching my main to my guild's color immediately. I have not been able to advance my main ever since they introduced the locks.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    If true its an tool for players who played in one alliance as it was his default race alliance, then he joined an very nice guild for trials who also did lots of pvp but was the wrong faction.

That is exactly what happened to me and my duo partner. And that's why I'm happy for this.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    Well EP players will finally get that PVE Cyrodiil they have been asking for.
    Because if this goes live, there will not be enough AD or DC players to put up a fight once the mass exodous to EP happens.
    However the que to get in will be in the 100s until they put up more servers.
    That's nonsensical. If people were that eager to be in EP, they'd just have rolled a new character and leveled him up as EP already. It's not hard.
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm playing my new EP character (and has more achievement points than my "main", which is AD).

Now both can be EP. :)

My dunmer dont fit well in AD
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Megatto
    Megatto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hate this time of year
    Remove loot boxes or riot
  • daemondamian
    daemondamian
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to change all of my 12 characters to the same faction so that they can be locked into the same Cyrodiil campaign where I'll repair walls, doors etc & receive a *** of transmutation geodes at the end of every month :)
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope this is real. Too many friends are forced to never play pvp together and when people leave game you may end up in an alliance where nobody in your friend list plays. Just put a huge CD on how often you can use these per character (like 6 months to 1 year).
  • Neophyte
    Neophyte
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to change all of my 12 characters to the same faction so that they can be locked into the same Cyrodiil campaign where I'll repair walls, doors etc & receive a *** of transmutation geodes at the end of every month :)

You do realise this is going to cost you a fortune ?
  • mimisapje
    mimisapje
    ✭✭✭
    I do welcome this!
    My main is dc, but all my friends play for EP, so I had to level up another char just to play with them. But i don't find that quite as fun, as I like to have all achievements on my main.
    PC EU
    Falure - Breton Templar - Healer
    Lady Aurora Bellamont - Breton Templar - PVP
    Meluse - Imperial Templar - DD
    Nahzgra gra-Shatur - Orc Sorc - DD
    Elvanari - Breton Sorc - DD
    Ghathwen - Bosmer Warden - DD
    Nirathwen - Imperial Necro - DD
    Orci Porci - Orc Necro - DD
    Lexus Attius - Imperial DK - Tank
    Araure - Redguard NB - DD
    Mazikeen The Soulless - Breton Necro - DD
    Naevas of House Redoran - Dunmer DK - PVP
    Alisenwe - Altmer NB - DD
    Daddy Dawnbreaker- Breton Templar - Tank
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd never change from EP so for me this is not super exciting but I am for others who I know would love to change some of their earlier characters to their main alliance. Pretty soon ZOS will be selling 1-50 tokens :D
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minyassa wrote: »
    If true its an tool for players who played in one alliance as it was his default race alliance, then he joined an very nice guild for trials who also did lots of pvp but was the wrong faction.

That is exactly what happened to me and my duo partner. And that's why I'm happy for this.

Please note that so far the AnyRace,AnyAlliance
    Is required for this token to be used
    BohnT2 wrote: »
    image0.jpg

Oh hell yes people no more annoying faction lock to hold us back

• TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    Katahdin wrote: »
    Well EP players will finally get that PVE Cyrodiil they have been asking for.
    Because if this goes live, there will not be enough AD or DC players to put up a fight once the mass exodous to EP happens.
    However the que to get in will be in the 100s until they put up more servers.
    That's nonsensical. If people were that eager to be in EP, they'd just have rolled a new character and leveled him up as EP already. It's not hard.

Not everyone wants to abandon all their work to reroll another toon and do everything in the game again. I wont be using the token, staying AD, but I would absolutely NOT want to reroll my current main EVER, that would just take WAY WAY WAY too much time.
  • WilliamESO
    WilliamESO
    ✭✭✭
    Low populated > zerg
    casu players will pay for join zergs then they will pay again for join vX groups
  • WilliamESO
    WilliamESO
    ✭✭✭
    Why do ZoS like to loose money incombes ?Just make this bait real
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BohnT2 wrote: »
    image0.jpg

Oh hell yes people no more annoying faction lock to hold us back

"hold us back" from what, exactly?

From playing all of our characters. Now that we can finally swap the characters we had from other alliances we can main a single alliance and not have to wait 30 days in between playing characters in the only populated campaign. If I go EP or DC for a campaign I have 10 AD I'm not allowed to play in the main camp.

Not everyone role plays alliance loyalty in a video game. We may be forced to stay on one alliance, but at least we can play characters we spent weeks making any time we like now.
    Edited by ZarkingFrued on April 1, 2020 3:16PM
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's dead because people choose to stay in the locked campaign. Choice has been given and people chose.

No the zerg leaders chose. 10-20 people who run Zergs in each server told everyone else in their guild to stay put, and that's what people main now so they can zerg. People play in and out of the no lock campaign as well so they can play other characters in other alliances. I mained the main camp as a solo player because I had to. The other campaigns are empty because of the zerg leaders who are paranoid of video game spies lol.
    Edited by ZarkingFrued on April 1, 2020 3:21PM
  • wolfbone
    wolfbone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    then what was the point of alliance lock if people can just change their alliance? I'm guessing the alliance spies are going to return
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wolfbone wrote: »
    then what was the point of alliance lock if people can just change their alliance? I'm guessing the alliance spies are going to return

lol the Alliance “Spies” never left

The “information” any spy can share is base knowledge anyone can just figure out and assume

Oh...BM is Empty cause all AD are at Roe fighting DC!? Who Knew!?!?

Oh there is a Fwd Camp at keep being Attacked!? Who Knew!?

These are not game changing in anyway shape or form

If someone is exploiting and using their character to do things they are not intended to do...ie grab a scroll n drop in lake
    Well that’s for ZoS to deal with...there will always be trolls
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

:o Why on earth would you do that if you are just repairing!?!?lol my goodness... go repair all the Alliances things and save your money to buy something shiny for your character if you need to spend money on this game...lol
  • indigorune
    indigorune
    ✭✭✭
    Minyassa wrote: »

Same!! I rolled a cat for my first toon. She is still my main, but I met people in game that PvP for EP, so I made secondary toons for PvP. But i hate not being able to bring my main in to play. That's the reason I'm excited for this.

For people saying "this will break pvp"--how is this different from any race, any alliance? I highly doubt people are going to fork over real money constantly to flip back and forth between alliances on the same toon. They would be better off just having 2 toons.. Also, I'm sure ZOS is going to implement some sort of cooldown on how often you can use tokens on a toon, yeah?
    PC-NA | EP
    PvE main --> K'hira - Khajiiti stamblade
    Trade Guild: Free Marketers
  • justaquickword
    justaquickword
    ✭✭✭✭
    wolfbone wrote: »

lol the Alliance “Spies” never left

The “information” any spy can share is base knowledge anyone can just figure out and assume

Oh...BM is Empty cause all AD are at Roe fighting DC!? Who Knew!?!?

Oh there is a Fwd Camp at keep being Attacked!? Who Knew!?

These are not game changing in anyway shape or form

If someone is exploiting and using their character to do things they are not intended to do...ie grab a scroll n drop in lake
    Well that’s for ZoS to deal with...there will always be trolls

You don't need a spy in Cyrodiil these days to know where everyone is...
  • nickackub17_ESO
    nickackub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    We can confirm this image is real, and came from an early build that some of our Press and Content Creators played through recently. We'll let everyone know when we plan to release this, and how it will work.

Does this mean Alliance rank will become account wide?
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beginning of the end of the three banner war.
  • kryda
    kryda
    ✭✭✭
    I'll pay 100k crowns for a class change token and I have 3 of every class max level already.
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm still hoping that ZOS will post: April fools...
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
  • Eirikir
    Eirikir
    ✭✭✭✭
    If this is real it's great, not because I want to leave the Pact, but because if we can change alliances now then class change is now a matter of when, not if.
    Server: PS4-NA
    PSN: Eirikir
    Name: Eirikir "Erik" Kololf
    Alliance: Ebonheart Pact
    Race: Nord (Lycanthrope)
    Class: Dragonknight (Range DPS)
    Playstyle: Crafter, PVE, PVP, Roleplayer
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Universe wrote: »
    ZOS needs to reset all progress made by the player while he was playing the other side.
    No easy way, only grind your way through again.

Good idea ... no free pass for players changing Alliances

I hope ZOS is reading this thread.
  • Synaki
    Synaki
    ✭✭✭
    Lmao everyone will stockpile into 1 faction and then some sad guy will have to log an alt account to switch the map back every few hours.
  • Hamish999
    Hamish999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Universe wrote: »
    ZOS needs to reset all progress made by the player while he was playing the other side.
    No easy way, only grind your way through again.

Good idea ... no free pass for players changing Alliances

I hope ZOS is reading this thread.

I would imagine the main criteria for using an Alliance change token would be having had to have completed your Alliance main quest, Cadwell's Silver and Cadwell's Gold. That way it won't screw up any alliance stuff PvE side that I can think of.

Edit: As for PvP ranks, who cares. You can get to Grand Overlord by daily log in rewards.
    Edited by Hamish999 on April 1, 2020 10:06PM
    PC-EU
    Do'Zahra - Khajiit - StamDK - AD
    Narese Telvanni - Dunmer - Petsorc - EP
    Anastasie Chastain - Breton - Magplar - DC
    Gashnakh the Lusty - Orc - Stamsorc - AD
    Stands-In-Stoopid - Argonian - Warden Tank - AD
    Talia al-Morwha - Redguard - Stamden - AD
    Makes-Fier-Wrong - Argonian - Stamblade - AD
    Busty-Argonian-Maid - Argonian - Templar Healer - AD
    Alaru Telvanni - Dunmer - Stamplar - AD
    Ko'Raehsi - Khajiit - Magsorc - AD