Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

ESO Logs - Are you kidding me?

• RefLiberty
    RefLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    RefLiberty wrote: »
    Can someone please explain this thread to me, I went to Eso logs and my characters is not listed there. Why OP says different?
    @RefLiberty
    Your data is there, it’s just anonymous. It’s set to Anonymous by default and won’t record or display your character names unless you go into your game settings and enable.

If you grouped in a dungeon with someone sharing the data they will be able to see your info when they view their own record. Sure you might be anonymous, but they’ll know that the data for the anonymous Warden is you.

But odds are very very high that they won’t care. Pugs don’t care, randos don’t care. OP is imagining boogeymen where none exist.

Got it. It is clear now how it works.
    Thank you.
    Options
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see a problem with this imo, even if someone can see my DPS, I honestly couldn't give a toss

15 years of WoW players discrimination and blame have proven otherwise.

ESO is not better either. I still recall when guilds and trial groups asked your class and would not take you EVER if you were not one of the "good ones".

And now, if you don't parse 70k DPS or trial logs show you are doing below 50k, it's kick, kick and kick.
    Edited by Vahrokh on March 27, 2020 4:36PM
    Options
  • yRaven
    yRaven
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wait what? Someone did a log of nMoL? You can go naked to nMoL that it don't make a huge difference... There was a time i was doing nCR without my pants because i wouldn't wear no Divines Relequen...

Now if it's Vmol i can see why log, and why it's necessary
    Edited by yRaven on March 27, 2020 4:59PM
    Jack of all trades. Master of at least one.
    -
    Àrës - Magicka Dragonknight (EP)
    Persephónē - Magicka Warden (EP)
    Athēna - Magicka Templar (EP)
    Hādēs - Magicka Necromancer (EP)
    Hërmës - Runner Troll (EP)
    Options
  • ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kicking the sandbag and replace with someone capable has and will be done, with or without logs. Log just make it faster. When a group can’t kill rakkat on 3rd pad in nmol and why would the lowest output dps expect a clear.
    Edited by ForzaRammer on March 27, 2020 6:19PM
    Options
  • ZOS_FalcoYamaoka
    ​Greetings,
    We had to remove some posts as it violated our rules around baiting. Please be sure to keep discussions on civil and constructive​. If you have any questions about the actions taken, please take a moment to review our community rules here.
    Options
    Staff Post
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another reason I'm glad I'm not on PC - that addon that tells people what dropped for everyone else. Unless I'm playing with a group of really good friends, if you ask me for an item that I didn't offer up, the answer is automatically going to be no. And I take pleasure in deconstructing that item later if it wasn't something I wanted. Wait for me to offer it up. Don't spy on my inventory.

As for logs for console what's the big deal? Especially if you pug. You get the log after the dungeon is complete. Unless you plan on hanging around with that same group for more dungeons, how are they using it against you? If you did want to stay with that group of strangers and were rejected, go find another group of strangers. There are plenty.

If you were playing with an established group and, before the action got started, someone pulled out an old log and wanted to kick you, do you really want to play with jerks like that? Eff them. Like others have said, unless it's a prog team with specific goals, nobody really cares what sets you wear or your dps. Except, again, jerks who don't deserve a moment of your anguish over getting kicked.
    Edited by LadySinflower on March 27, 2020 9:22PM
    Options
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    REMEMBER THIS?

Are you kidding me @ZOS? I came back to ESO just to find out that everyone can not only see my DPS, but also what gear I'm wearing, what my bars are, what food I use, and so on. Have you not learned from the past at all?

The "appear anonymously" function is completely useless. How does it change anything if in a dungeon or raid, some elitist scumbag can instantly tell I'm "Anonymous123" and my DPS is 5% below Alcast's, so I'm not worth his nMOL group and should be kicked?

There are already tons of addons in place to track everything you want to. Just share your Combat Metrics parses if you're so eager to compare your e-peens. Seriously, who in their right mind thought it would be a great idea to implement this "Hey 99% of ESO players, *** you!" function?

No wonder Zenimax keeps making losses. You wanna carry to hardcore gamers like WoW does? Well, bring on the appropriate content and performance. Somehow ZOS seems to forget that the largest piece of their revenues comes from casual players.

I apologize for the rant, but this is really pissing me off.

Put in the time. Put in the work. If you're ashamed of your DPS, RAISE it. Too much coddling going on around here.
    Edited by JumpmanLane on March 28, 2020 9:40AM
    Options
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1mirg wrote: »
    https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1259-GroupDamage.html
    it will only work for yourself. Everything else isn't distinguishable anymore.
    So, what's the issue here again?

That ZOS now implemented an in-game feature (ESO Logs) that is way worse than the addon they took down back in the day. Back then, ZOS decided spying on people's DPS without their consent should not be a thing. But now suddenly it's good again, plus you can see all gear, bars, even vital rotation data - full combat log - of everyone.

Not on console #justsaying
    Options
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man i hope my vss group dont look and see i wear all training gear as an 166cp lol oh they liked me so i dont thank they would care to much and every pug group ive been in so far seems to know theres no way im just an average 166cp player so i inform most that im 1400 cp on ps4 😆 😆 😆 have an good day and find yourself an better group OP there out there i know because again im an 166cp vss skin holder thanks to my awesome friends
    Options
  • LegendaryArcher
    LegendaryArcher
    ✭✭✭✭
    Removing them from ESO would be like removing the discovery of fire from human history - you want to hinder ppl from advancing only cause you have burnt your fingers?..

I'm not asking to remove anything. I'm just asking to be able to opt out of it, plain and simple.

The "appear anonymously" should truly make you anonymous, meaning that instead of changing my name to "Anonymous123" and showing correct data, it should falsify my data. It should show random gear on my body. My Funnel Health should be shown as Dark Talons, my Fire Staff light attacks should appear as Dagger heavy attacks and ALL other stats should be sent as completely random, including falsified damage numbers, so that there is no way to tell what I'm wearing, how much DPS I'm doing, what my class is, etc.

Or better, I shouldn't even be in the report list.
    Edited by LegendaryArcher on March 28, 2020 6:07PM
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates
    Options
  • SpaceElf
    SpaceElf
    ✭✭✭

You wanna carry to hardcore gamers like WoW does?

Hahahahahahaha. Thanks, the quarantine was getting to me.

Options
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Removing them from ESO would be like removing the discovery of fire from human history - you want to hinder ppl from advancing only cause you have burnt your fingers?..

I'm not asking to remove anything. I'm just asking to be able to opt out of it, plain and simple.

The "appear anonymously" should truly make you anonymous, meaning that instead of changing my name to "Anonymous123" and showing correct data, it should falsify my data. It should show random gear on my body. My Funnel Health should be shown as Dark Talons, my Fire Staff light attacks should appear as Dagger heavy attacks and ALL other stats should be sent as completely random, including falsified damage numbers, so that there is no way to tell what I'm wearing, how much DPS I'm doing, what my class is, etc.

Or better, I shouldn't even be in the report list.

So basically You ask to make logs worthless. Sorry but You cannot extract whole usefull data without havng option to see everything that happened. For example if I want to see what was the reason of wipe and how it happened but person that caused it would appear anynomously in standards You propose then there would be no way to see what actually happened so no way to improve group performance. If You want to be in a group You need to be able to carry the same burden as everyone else. You just want cure to Your insecurity nothing else.
    Options