Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

ESO Logs - Are you kidding me?

LegendaryArcher
LegendaryArcher
✭✭✭✭
REMEMBER THIS?

Are you kidding me @ZOS? I came back to ESO just to find out that everyone can not only see my DPS, but also what gear I'm wearing, what my bars are, what food I use, and so on. Have you not learned from the past at all?

The "appear anonymously" function is completely useless. How does it change anything if in a dungeon or raid, some elitist scumbag can instantly tell I'm "Anonymous123" and my DPS is 5% below Alcast's, so I'm not worth his nMOL group and should be kicked?

There are already tons of addons in place to track everything you want to. Just share your Combat Metrics parses if you're so eager to compare your e-peens. Seriously, who in their right mind thought it would be a great idea to implement this "Hey 99% of ESO players, *** you!" function?

No wonder Zenimax keeps making losses. You wanna carry to hardcore gamers like WoW does? Well, bring on the appropriate content and performance. Somehow ZOS seems to forget that the largest piece of their revenues comes from casual players.

I apologize for the rant, but this is really pissing me off.
PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates
  • The_Old_Goat
    The_Old_Goat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been here for awhile and nobody is getting harassed by it, so take a breath, grab a cup of coffee(or whatever you prefer) and forget it's there. Also welcome back and have a nice day!
    Options
  • 1mirg
    1mirg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1259-GroupDamage.html
    it will only work for yourself. Everything else isn't distinguishable anymore.
    So, what's the issue here again?

┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤ ⅽ[ː̠̈ː̠̈ː̠̈] ͌ ├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴
    Options
  • Stebarnz
    Stebarnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    REMEMBER THIS?

Are you kidding me @ZOS? I came back to ESO just to find out that everyone can not only see my DPS, but also what gear I'm wearing, what my bars are, what food I use, and so on. Have you not learned from the past at all?

The "appear anonymously" function is completely useless. How does it change anything if in a dungeon or raid, some elitist scumbag can instantly tell I'm "Anonymous123" and my DPS is 5% below Alcast's, so I'm not worth his nMOL group and should be kicked?

There are already tons of addons in place to track everything you want to. Just share your Combat Metrics parses if you're so eager to compare your e-peens. Seriously, who in their right mind thought it would be a great idea to implement this "Hey 99% of ESO players, *** you!" function?

No wonder Zenimax keeps making losses. You wanna carry to hardcore gamers like WoW does? Well, bring on the appropriate content and performance. Somehow ZOS seems to forget that the largest piece of their revenues comes from casual players.

Its useful to find out what newer players or new to content players are actually doing so they can get the proper help.

You went overboard here, seek help with your fear of your low dps and the reaction of others.
    Options
  • LegendaryArcher
    LegendaryArcher
    ✭✭✭✭
    1mirg wrote: »
    https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1259-GroupDamage.html
    it will only work for yourself. Everything else isn't distinguishable anymore.
    So, what's the issue here again?

That ZOS now implemented an in-game feature (ESO Logs) that is way worse than the addon they took down back in the day. Back then, ZOS decided spying on people's DPS without their consent should not be a thing. But now suddenly it's good again, plus you can see all gear, bars, even vital rotation data - full combat log - of everyone.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates
    Options
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Imagine thinking that ZOS caters to anyone but casual players. :D:D:D
    Options
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see a problem with this imo, even if someone can see my DPS, I honestly couldn't give a toss
    Options
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just look at it this way...if someone wants to bust you for your performance numbers in a log, they are probably not the kind of person you want to spend time playing a game with in the first place.

I'm not crazy about the logs either, but when you're trying to run a progression group, they can be very helpful in identifying things that need to be worked on and/or changed.

Regardless, nothing I would spend time getting pissed about.
    Options
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nobody cares about your dps in a pug, it's a tool for statistics and group mistake/performance check mainly. Implementation of this tool alone made progression groups life so much easier.

Also imagine logging random nmol run, lmao.
    Edited by colossalvoids on March 26, 2020 2:35PM
    Options
  • thorwyn
    thorwyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There are AddOns that show my DPS and my overall percentage of the group DPS so it's pretty easy to figure out how much damage the other DD does. As for your gear.... who cares if other people can see what you are wearing? Nobody logs pick up groups anyways. As soon as you are playing in a set group and want to progress, you need the statistics to find ways of improvement.
    And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
    And if there is no room upon the hill
    And if your head explodes with dark forebodings too
    I'll see you on the dark side of the moon
    Options
  • Zulera301
    Zulera301
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sounds like you ought to work on your DPS. if your DPS is good, you have nothing to worry about.

It's a useful metric for figuring out who you want on your endgame trial runs, and who you'd rather leave on the bench until they can improve.

Now, I'm not a big fan of that loot spy addon; if you ask me for something before I even realize I have it, the answer is always gonna be no. but for certain content and for certain players, knowing your DPS is good so they can find out who is an asset and who is a liability in their next vSS run.
    Shortly after the formation of the Ebonheart Pact, a Nord woman was given a tour of the Tribunal Temple. When later asked about the experience, she seemed upset. Suffice to say, the Dunmer were not pleased to hear this, and thus they inquired further.
    "Well," the Nord frowned, "the priests were very angry and unwelcoming. They kept shouting things at me like "you can't drink that mead in here!" and "somebody stop her, she's running naked!" and "we can't catch her; she's covered in grease!""
    Options
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nobody cares about your dps. Literally. Nobody. Eso logs are there to help, and even if someone will see your dps, it will be long after the dungeon is over, and that random person will probably never play with you again.
    Edited by zvavi on March 26, 2020 3:04PM
    Options
  • rikimm16_ESO
    rikimm16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »
    Nobody cares about your dps. Literally. Nobody. Eso logs are there to help, and even if someone will see your dps, it will be long after the dungeon is over, and that random person will probably never play with you again.

ESO Logs website claims you can upload and analyze them in real time. I’ve never used it before so not sure what they mean by “real time”.
    Options
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »

ESO Logs website claims you can upload and analyze them in real time. I’ve never used it before so not sure what they mean by “real time”.

You have to upload the log first which takes time, analyzing in real-time means you can rewatch the whole run with every movement and action any player/mob has done in the whole fight.

People claiming they got kicked from a group mid trial due to logs are lying and have no idea how the software even works.
    Options
  • tim99
    tim99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zulera301 wrote: »
    Now, I'm not a big fan of that loot spy addon; if you ask me for something before I even realize I have it, the answer is always gonna be no. but for certain content and for certain players, knowing your DPS is good so they can find out who is an asset and who is a liability in their next vSS run.

but this addon made the PUGs life so much easier. If you do normal loot run trials with randoms, i cant and dont want to remember of 11 peoples needed loot.
    i check a clean tabsheet in chat with all loot, if the thing dropped that i want and even thats hard to do until the first ones leave the group after the trial is done.
    so if I dropped something someone wants, it's there "duty" (dont find a better word) to write to me.
    But the first few times, someone is asking for a thing, you want yourself, can be a bit unpleasant, i see your point. But the positive predominates, and you get used after a while to say "sry, need this myself". no big deal. some reaction on the other hand can create a "second hand embarrassment" lol
    :)
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While there are better ways it could have been done this ship sailed long ago. I doubt anything will change at this late hour.

Run with guildies. That is always the best option. It can also help ensure a decent group since the GF can provide some rough rides due to the vast difference in player skill and experience we have in this game.
    Options
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    why Necro and done as dusted subject? this is pointless
    Options
  • mikemacon
    mikemacon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO Logs is actually a pretty useful tool...that most people completely ignore other than the DPS stats.

If they did pay attention to the Logs, they’d stop putting lightning staves on tanks.
    Options
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am more concerned about people peeking into your inventory, stalking everything you loot and keep harassing you to trade.
    Options
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as it doesn't see when I'm naked, It's fine.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
    Options
  • nesakinter
    nesakinter
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mate, if I am in vet dungeon and I see I am pulling over 70% group dps, I immediately know the other DPS is ***.
    Options
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Glad thing isnt on console
    Options
  • Malkiv
    Malkiv
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting denied a group because of an nMOL log? lol What universe is this in?
    PC-NA | PvP (Gray Host & BGs) | PvE (vTrials & vDGs)
    Options
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mikemacon wrote: »
    ESO Logs is actually a pretty useful tool...that most people completely ignore other than the DPS stats.

If they did pay attention to the Logs, they’d stop putting lightning staves on tanks.

@mikemacon Interesting. Why shouldn’t tanks use Lightning Staves?
    Options
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been here for awhile and nobody is getting harassed by it, so take a breath, grab a cup of coffee(or whatever you prefer) and forget it's there. Also welcome back and have a nice day!

i take a cup of steaming hot RAGE sir!
    Options
  • Rave the Histborn
    Rave the Histborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    REMEMBER THIS?

ESO doesnt control add ons that 3rd parties make and put out for use. If you'd prefer an experience where your gear, stats, etc. don't matter and you're afraid of people seeing your dps I've heard great things about the new Animal Crossing. That might be more your speed.

Also WoW hasn't catered to hardcore players since WotLK and it wasn't even doing it well back then so stop with the crap comparisons. They stopped catering to the hardcore crowd after Burning Crusade, it's what made me quit WoW.

Options
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eso-log is an usefull thing to help player to improve.
    You can track DPS, heal, uptime, etc..

It's a good thing to share log at the end of a raid and see how to improve the group performance.
    If you're upset about this, then maybe you've something to hide..
    And if someone bash you about your dps on the log instead of providing tips and help, then you should just avoid them anyway.

Not a big deal so.
    [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]
    [Crazy Gatherer & Compulsive Thief]

Options
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would guess that ;
    Since the nerf on Off-Balance uptime on PvE, with 1 lightning staff user + shock glyph gonna have easily the max uptime on off-balance.
    And since warden, necro and nb can have a 100% or close uptime on minor vulnerability, you don't need more of this too.

[ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]
    [Crazy Gatherer & Compulsive Thief]

Options
  • IndianaJames7
    IndianaJames7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    REMEMBER THIS?

ESO logs is incredibly helpful for guilds looking to optimize their runs or progress through content. If you don’t want to use them then don’t. No one is kicking you from nMoL because your damage is 5% Below alcast. I understand that was probably a hyperbole, but I’ve literally never seen someone get kicked from a normal trial because their damage was too low. You can just light attack spam in an normal pug and no one is gunna know or kick you.

However, if you are in a coordinated group trying to prog and you don’t want others to see what you are doing however, that’s crown’s decision to make, not yours. You are not entitled to anonymity when 11 other people take time out of their schedule to coordinate a raid prog, and want to know what can be improved. Some guilds might be toxic, but most good guilds use these logs to help others get better and coordinate more effectively.

And I assure you ZOS has not forgotten that casuals are their largest revenue stream. Lately that is the only demographic they have been catering to.
    Options
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aznarb wrote: »

I would guess that ;
    Since the nerf on Off-Balance uptime on PvE, with 1 lightning staff user + shock glyph gonna have easily the max uptime on off-balance.
    And since warden, necro and nb can have a 100% or close uptime on minor vulnerability, you don't need more of this too.

@Aznarb Yes, all of that is true. I believe the one Lightning Staff is best used by the tank in most scenarios, and they can apply Infused Crusher on cooldown with Blockade of Storms. That frees up DPS and healers to use the vastly superior Wall of Fire.
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raisin wrote: »
    Imagine thinking that ZOS caters to anyone but casual players. :D:D:D

Can everyone see which flowers you're picking :wink: ?
    Options