The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Veteran Imperial City Prison Lord Warden - bugged

• code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didnt get the jump phase yesterday, did the final HM boss fight twice but in neither fights we got the Brace for Impact mechanic. Its the third time I didnt get the Brace for Impact mechanic in vICP now, I dont know if dps has something to do with it but group dps wasnt crazy high, roughly 70-80k I think.

Um, 70-80K is way more than high enough to skip the Darklight mechanic. The boss does the split phases at 66% and 33% health, and the Darklight mechanic happens on a timer. The split phases reset the timer, though, so if you're able to push to each split phase before it's time for Darklight, you can completely bypass the mechanic.

High-DPS groups have been able to skip the mechanic ever since late 2016, and with the subsequent power creep over the years, that mechanic skip has become increasingly easy to pull off by an increasingly large number of people. These days, an experienced group will see the mechanic only if they mess up badly.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Aloha
    Aloha
    ✭✭✭
    Can you fix it ? 8)
  • kingsforged
    kingsforged
    ✭✭✭
    PLEASE REMOVE IMPERIAL CITY PRISON FROM THE UNDAUNTED PLEDGE ROTATION UNTIL YOU FIX THE SYNERGY BUG
  • Djiku
    Djiku
    ✭✭✭✭
    PLEASE REMOVE IMPERIAL CITY PRISON FROM THE UNDAUNTED PLEDGE ROTATION UNTIL YOU FIX THE SYNERGY BUG

I thought they fixed it? Didn't it say so in one of the last patchnotes?
  • magus.septim
    magus.septim
    ✭✭✭
    This bug is still occurring and making the final boss impossible to kill for many groups i have been in.
    Its been going on at least 1 month now.
    ZOS can you lock this dungeon or fix this bug? It's really bad when its the daily pledge.
  • kingsforged
    kingsforged
    ✭✭✭
    Djiku wrote: »

I thought they fixed it? Didn't it say so in one of the last patchnotes?

Still busted, had a bunch of complaints about it today. Flesh grenades weren't working properly for me either lol
  • bongtokin420insd16
    bongtokin420insd16
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yup still busted can confirm.
    Kaz_Wastelander PS4NA
  • Djiku
    Djiku
    ✭✭✭✭
    I checked the last patchnotes because I thought I had seen them mentioning it being fixed, couldn't find it. Then I checked the Greymoor PTS patchnotes and there it was.
    So we either have to wait until release or go to the PTS to be sure.
  • SunnyToday
    SunnyToday
    Soul Shriven
    I can confirm the bugs still exist. My group today has experienced the following: Invisible boss, unable to use synergies during the zombie run and during the final boss when you are falling. Also, around 15% the final boss's hp wasn't going down at all. We wiped and reset then the final boss just disappeared but tons of aoe was still dropping all over the ground.
  • Klomanda
    Klomanda
    We also had the synergy issue two days ago and - which is even worse - after the second split phase (33%) the boss just didn't spawn. Happened twice. So even if you can eventually use the synergy or just revive the ones who couldn't, you will still not be able to complete the dungeon.
    In its current state ICP should not be part of the rotation. It is just way too frustrating.
  • DiGz
    DiGz
    Soul Shriven
    I’m having this same problem right now with 3/4 group members. Spam it, time it, doesn’t work. Very frustrating wasting limited time.
  • SilencedPanda
    SilencedPanda
    ✭✭
    Gotta love hotheads that blame the players “because they can’t push x” when it’s a known bug for everybody. Don’t blame the players when a bug prevents you from being able to push a single button. As not even spamming a single button will work. It’s easier to blow through the entire mechanic than to even deal with it. Making it impossible for helping out lower leveled players.
  • Grey17
    Grey17
    ✭✭✭
    Add our group to the list of players that are frustrated by this bug.

I'm part of a "progression" group and we are still learning the finer details of these DLC Vet dungeons and just spent the last two hours doing the final boss before we eventually came to the conclusion that it couldn't be us all the time causing the issues with the synergy.

TBH it was a bit of relief to know it wasn't us, as we were all beginning to question our own abilities.

• stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now is not a good time to be testing the waters for progressing to more difficult content in the game. It will only end in frustration.

I guess I will be fishing and picking flowers for a while, hoping for an improvement.
  • kingsforged
    kingsforged
    ✭✭✭
    Lol it's back in rotation tomorrow guys...
  • CasgarTheSomnolent
    CasgarTheSomnolent
    ✭✭✭
    Still broken. *sigh*

Ok, so before it seemed to tag random players each new attempt. It would either work the whole time for that player or it wouldn't.

Now it's not consistent even within each fight. I just got done taking about a dozen or more attempts at him with a PUG. No HM in any attempt. In one attempt in particular, it basically alternated for me. One time the synergy would work, the next time it wouldn't. When it doesn't work it still makes sort of a sound and visual on the character like something might be happening, but the synergy cue doesn't go away, and you die on impact as if you hadn't hit it.

The other DPS seemed fairly unaffected by the bug, but the healer and I had it fail about 50% of the time I think. The tank I think had it fail on him about 20% of the time. We did this so many times, that, yes, I got enough data points to confidently make these estimations. Again, it wasn't even consistent within each battle. In the end, the group was working fairly well together and getting to the portals, but we could not overcome that bug. It's too hard to rez late in the battle with all the draining balls around. We flamed out at 25% multiple times because of this. There was no way to even plan around one player always dying.

In my experience just now, it seemed like the synergy was more likely to work if I accidentally fell into a portal before he used Dark Light. It more consistently failed at the exact time that I needed to work: when jumping in to a portal to avoid that attack.

---

So, this is my third failed attempt to complete vICP. I try it every time it comes up for pledges. Each time, my group has gotten to Lord Warden, and this synergy bug has made it impossible to finish him off. Each time has taken at least two hours, and we had to give up at the end. So at least six combined hours in the dungeon and probably over 30 attempts on the final boss only to be stymied by this bug. Could you ZOS guys, um, send me an infused Lord Warden helm (heavy)? Just pretend I bought it from the Golden vendor. Please. I KNOW how to beat Lord Warden. The game has been cockblocking me from doing so for a couple months now.

I'm here to report my experiences with the bug, not to chastise. I know you guys are having enough trouble trying to get things done right now working at home with a new chapter right around the corner. But I also think that unless it's fixed, you've got to take it off the rotation. Either shift everything forward or make ICP inaccessible the day it would be up if you want to preserve the order or whatever. There's nothing worse than getting to the final boss of anything and getting glitched out of finishing. Multiply the experiences here by the hundreds more that aren't in here, and you've got thousands of hours wasted by a lot of frustrated people.
  • Castian
    Castian
    ✭✭✭
    Bug happened to all 3 of my groups yesterday.
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Happened with me too yesterday, synergy ended up bugged for whole group. Not that it concerns me much, personally, but I think that as of now, the only reliable way to get nodeath achievement there is to stack enough damage to plain skip those phases.

The game's in morbid state as of late, an it keeps getting worse. Feels like each time devs touch the code, they break more stuff than they fix.
  • celner4_ESO
    celner4_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Ran into this today farming for SM set, seems to become buggy if you try activating synergy too soon before the the white screen effect from being teleported fades, I found that if I waited for that to dissipate till I could see my character falling then it’d work
    What is Truth? Not my own truth, and not your truth. But Universal Truth, that is an absolution.
  • CasgarTheSomnolent
    CasgarTheSomnolent
    ✭✭✭
    I know they say this is fixed, but can anyone confirm personally that it's fixed? Currently queued for vICP pledge.
  • kingsforged
    kingsforged
    ✭✭✭
    I know they say this is fixed, but can anyone confirm personally that it's fixed? Currently queued for vICP pledge.

Can confirm portals were working properly across my 2 Veteran runs
  • Foefaller
    Foefaller
    ✭✭✭

Can confirm portals were working properly across my 2 Veteran runs

Same. I mean, we wiped many, *many* times during that part, but it was because of too many people hitting the same portal, unintentional portal uses before the phase, tethers, or not enough health to survive the nraced fall, but AFAIK never because the bracing synergy stopped working altogether.
    Edited by Foefaller on June 4, 2020 3:04PM
  • truaninja
    truaninja
    Soul Shriven
    Saw it was fixed so I made a run at it in vet. Definitely not fixed. Still had problems with the bracing synergy 90% of the time.
  • kingsforged
    kingsforged
    ✭✭✭
    truaninja wrote: »
    Saw it was fixed so I made a run at it in vet. Definitely not fixed. Still had problems with the bracing synergy 90% of the time.

Wonder if they've broken it since :D ... it was working fine last time I was in there
  • Hardhearted
    Did vICP on 6/28 and the bracing was working fine. I wonder if some of the discrepancies in fixed/not fixed were due to different timing of the Greymoor update between pc/console? My run was on xbox.
  • Shogunami
    Shogunami
    ✭✭✭✭
    ICP has been bugged since release. Boss despawning, or becomes invincible etc. Plenty of people have reported this but it hasn't been fixed yet. Tried submitting tickets about this and they say "we're sorry we can't help, we hate our customers, k thx. Do report this as a bug though, AS IF WE'RE GONNA DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT LOL".
    -
    "I think Orcs first turned a bear head into food because it looks amazing." -Orzorga.