Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

ESO Plus not working

• ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, just wanted to circle back to this thread and confirm that we are still investigating the issue and appreciate your patience while we work with Microsoft to resolve it. We do not have an update at this time but will continue to post in this thread as we have more information to share.
    Staff Post
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, Sarah.
  • TeamRodZilla
    This is an XBox only issue, so something happened between Microsoft and ZOS. Since all other platforms are fine, I suspect this is something Microsoft recently changed.

There are several temporary solutions which are hit or miss. Some of these have worked for people, but from my own experiences, they don't work for everyone and they don't work every time. Even if one of these solutions have worked, logging out of the game causes the issue to reappear and the same solution may not work again.

1) Hard Reset (Power off the console. Wait for it to completely power down. Unplug the console. Wait for about 30+ seconds. Plug in and power up.) This has worked for many in the community, but it did not work for me and did not work every time for anyone in the community to my knowledge. Some people are having success after doing this multiple times.

2) Remove local storage and do a hard reset. (Make sure you quit from the game. Manage the game, go to storage. Choose delete all. The saves are still in the cloud. If given the option to delete remote storage on the cloud do not do so.) This has worked for many in the community, but it did not work for me and did not work every time for anyone in the community to my knowledge. Some people are having success after doing this multiple times.

3) Remove account, do a hard reset, restore account. (Log out of Xbox Live. Go to Settings/Account/Remove Account. Choose the account in question and confirm. This also removes local storage for all games.) This has worked for many in the community, and did not work every time for anyone in the community to my knowledge. Some people are having success after doing this multiple times. Personally, this was the first solution which worked for me, and then when ESO+ went out for me again, it did not work a second time.

4) Log out of game to character load screen, quit game, hard reset, when loading into game, choose the opposite server and log in (for me this was EU), when you get to character build/load screen back out to server selection, choose normal server, log in. This has worked for many in the community, and did not work every time for anyone in the community to my knowledge. Some people are having success after doing this multiple times. When all of the previous solutions had failed for me, this one is the latest to have worked. I had to log out of the game, and when I logged back in later on ESO+ was gone again. I did not attempt this again to see if it would work twice in a row.

Hopefully this gets some of the community over the hump while Microsoft and ZOS attempt to resolve the issue permanently.
    Team RodZilla
    Xbox/NA
    XBox Ambassador
    Run Coordinator - The Vestiges Guilds

• Tabatha
    Tabatha
    ✭✭✭
    Both my accounts have this issue, it is game breaking for me, I can’t travel where i want to (where I’ve paid for). Please fix this!

Xbox NA
    Tab the 4th
    Lts just Tab
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Up until today I was able to clear local saved games to restore eso plus. Now no amount of resetting or other workarounds will restore access. I’ve tried this for over an hour with no success.

This is deeply frustrating. It cuts us off from much of game. It’s been acting up for almost a week. Even base game zones become difficult to play as your inventory rapidly fills up with crafting mats.
  • Stealthk80
    Stealthk80
    ✭✭
    7th day in a row I've had this issue, previously relogging fixed it, however nothing seems to be working today. I understand bugs, but when you charge for a service and everything that service provides in game is unavailable then surely a refund for the missing service should be given?
  • Bekkael
    Bekkael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is just stupidly ridiculous. It said I was not subscribed to ESO+ a few days ago, so I checked to see my payment had been processed properly by Microsoft...yep, the usual monthly deducted on the 10th of March. I reloaded and it seemed to fix it, but today it is back, and I am livid.

What kind of incompetence are we dealing with that ZOS/MS can't track down what is happening to their PAID SUBSCRIBERS, and get it fixed?! If it weren't for the apocalypse going on, I would cancel and walk away permanently. :rage:
    ~~ Lady Gamer ~~ ♥ ~~ Xbox NA ~~
  • MetalTXN
    MetalTXN
    Soul Shriven
    I submitted a ticket and was told to contact Microsoft to get a refund and then sign back up? Has anyone does this?

I have tried over and over all the tricks I see to get my ESO plus working and nothing. It’s ridiculous now.
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idk but it's getting old. As I said in another post this isn't a NEW issue, just more widespread. These two companies keep having this issue. All I DO know is gamers EXPECT bugs, glitches, unpopular balance changes etc, but if you get a rep for just flat out taking people's money, don't deliver, take days to "look into it" with a rare "still looking" it can hurt a company. If it's Microsoft's issue and not ESO I'd be quick to let my customers know MY company isn't stealing your cash and thumbing our nose at you, it's their end. I'd also tell my customers what I'm doing to fix it. Do we have any more news @ZOS_SarahHecker ?
  • Bekkael
    Bekkael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lumenn wrote: »
    Idk but it's getting old. As I said in another post this isn't a NEW issue, just more widespread. These two companies keep having this issue. All I DO know is gamers EXPECT bugs, glitches, unpopular balance changes etc, but if you get a rep for just flat out taking people's money, don't deliver, take days to "look into it" with a rare "still looking" it can hurt a company. If it's Microsoft's issue and not ESO I'd be quick to let my customers know MY company isn't stealing your cash and thumbing our nose at you, it's their end. I'd also tell my customers what I'm doing to fix it. Do we have any more news @ZOS_SarahHecker ?

It's definitely getting old. I have already been at the point of only logging in for writs/horse training/daily rewards since the beginning of this year. And with the continual combat changes, lag, and a host of other glitches and issues, there really isn't much to entice someone who has already finished the game on multiple characters, to keep playing and paying. For a while now, I just hang around for the new story expansions.

Maybe I had a premonition though, since this is the first time I have not preordered a new chapter. :lol: If this is how things are going to go... I just bought a couple of new Nintendo Switch Lites that I'll be receiving this week, so maybe it is time for me to go spend my money on other, more deserving games.
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bekkael wrote: »
    Lumenn wrote: »

It's definitely getting old. I have already been at the point of only logging in for writs/horse training/daily rewards since the beginning of this year. And with the continual combat changes, lag, and a host of other glitches and issues, there really isn't much to entice someone who has already finished the game on multiple characters, to keep playing and paying. For a while now, I just hang around for the new story expansions.

Maybe I had a premonition though, since this is the first time I have not preordered a new chapter. :lol: If this is how things are going to go... I just bought a couple of new Nintendo Switch Lites that I'll be receiving this week, so maybe it is time for me to go spend my money on other, more deserving games.

Well, I CAN say I'm a LOT more hesitant about buying dlc, chapters, crowns, if we're still waiting DAYS later with "still looking" after taking our money. I completely expect performance issues, balance changes, bugs in an mmo. I don't expect a "cashed check" of several players and then this not be a priority.
  • Bekkael
    Bekkael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if so many people being forced to work remotely is the possible cause of everything being FUBAR, but if so, they could just say so and be transparent. I would certainly understand, but the loud silence coupled with "We have no idea what's wrong, LOL! We'll holler at you if we ever figure it out." isn't exactly confidence inspiring.
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GChaseXmas wrote: »
    Had issues last night reset my Xbox multiple times. Having same issue this morning and reset again did nothing to help. Submitted a ticket but it seems from other responses the ticket may resolve nothing. I do note last night Xbox live was having several issues and maybe that is what spawned the problem.

Had the same issue last night. Usually resetting fixes it, but last night after deleting files and several resets it still never came back. I ended up logging out and played another game.
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can see people are still having problems and, certainly, ZOS haven’t claimed it’s fixed but my experience today is that I haven’t lost ESO+ at all since about 4am GMT. I don’t know if progress is being made or if it’s just pot luck but I’d like to know if other EU players are still experiencing problems.
  • pyd
    pyd
    ZOS' answer on the above has been abysmal, regardless of any CoVID-19 excuses -- and that's a fact. Apologies are due but are unlikely to come forward as they struggle to keep the money printing press going.

ZOS released Update 25 without proper regression testing - why they decided to do so is best left for ZOS Financial Department to comment upon.

The sad outcome of this is that, as players desert a game they had in most cases played for more than five years, dedicated support staff like Gina Bruno and others will be laid off as the company tries to minimise their losses.

Gina, you tried your best, we will always remember you for that.

RIP ESO.
  • Faythsrequiem
    Faythsrequiem
    ✭✭
    Alright, Guess I'm a lucky one in that I have my ESO plus on a monthly renewal, and it just renewed and looks like I've got access to everything again. Goes in line with how some people were saying they canceled then got the subscription again and that seemed to fix things
    "Anything worth having is worth working for. Anything worth working for is worth sacrificing for. Anything worth sacrificing for is worth dying for."
  • TeamRodZilla
    Guys! This was an Xbox only issue. Do you think it's possible that maybe it wasn't a ZOS issue at all but something Microsoft may have caused? My money is on MS changed something. This didn't start when the update kicked in. It started days after any server updates ZOS made. To me the evidence points to Microsoft causing this issue.

Don't get me wrong. There is reason to be upset. But I think constantly bashing ZOS for this and abandoning the game is a dramatic attempt at making martyrs of yourself. It's pointless. It's like complaining about being cooped up because of a virus spreading across the world and interrupting your lives. It doesn't help and just spreads unnecessary negativity.
    Team RodZilla
    Xbox/NA
    XBox Ambassador

• MetalTXN
    MetalTXN
    Soul Shriven
    I tried to call Microsoft yesterday and was on hold for over an hour 🤦‍♀️ I gave up since my kid needed to get back to school work. This morning I logged in and it’s actually working for me today, even got my crowns for the month! I’m going to play for as long as I can because I’m not sure I will still have it tomorrow.
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve had my second trouble-free day today...

So far.
  • TeamRodZilla
    Yep. Looks like it is fixed. I jumped through hoops during startup on Tuesday, maybe unnecessarily, and had ESO+. Yesterday I just logged in normally and had ESO+. Hopefully everyone is back in action without issues. Just in time for the Jesters Festival!

I still think Microsoft was the cause of the issues. And Microsoft Support has gone downhill relying on community members to help each other rather than actually supplying some sort of support. I notice that they were woefully silent through all this and did not even have it reported on the Xbox Live Status page that there was an issue for ESO+ subscribers.
    Team RodZilla
    Xbox/NA
    XBox Ambassador

• MetalTXN
    MetalTXN
    Soul Shriven
    Yep. Looks like it is fixed. I jumped through hoops during startup on Tuesday, maybe unnecessarily, and had ESO+. Yesterday I just logged in normally and had ESO+. Hopefully everyone is back in action without issues. Just in time for the Jesters Festival!

I still think Microsoft was the cause of the issues. And Microsoft Support has gone downhill relying on community members to help each other rather than actually supplying some sort of support. I notice that they were woefully silent through all this and did not even have it reported on the Xbox Live Status page that there was an issue for ESO+ subscribers.

I agree! This is my second day with zero issues and when I did try to call Microsoft to get help I was on hold for hours.

I’m just glad it’s fixed and now I can get back to playing the game.
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone, just another update here:

As some of you have noticed, the ESO Plus issue has been resolved for most players. If you are still experiencing difficulties, please submit a support ticket (or update yours, if you have already submitted one), so we can troubleshoot further.

Thank you again for your patience.
    Staff Post
  • DreadKnight
    DreadKnight
    ✭✭✭
    Well, if you wanted to create a situation where ALL your subs wanted to cancel said subs, then you just did.
  • Lascelly
    Lascelly
    ✭✭✭
    I’ve had this problem for a week now and have sent a ticket and everything. All that’s happened is that everyone has sent me in a circle...from here to ZOS customer support, to Xbox support, back to ZOS support, back to here. You can imagine how frustrating it is at this point.

[Incident: 200326-005991]

That is my ticket number for reference.
    I do stuff, and things happen!

#NordLivesMatter
  • Lascelly
    Lascelly
    ✭✭✭
    Is there any update about this? More than a week later since its originally started for me personally and still don’t have access to ESO Plus even though it’s paid for.

#NordLivesMatter
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lascelly wrote: »
    Is there any update about this? More than a week later since its originally started for me personally and still don’t have access to ESO Plus even though it’s paid for.

that sucks, it's been totally resolved for me for awhile. Have you made sure your payment method is still good?
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it almost a fortnight now since the first case was reported?
  • Lascelly
    Lascelly
    ✭✭✭
    Lascelly wrote: »

that sucks, it's been totally resolved for me for awhile. Have you made sure your payment method is still good?

Yep checked all that stuff and had a ticket open for a while now too. Not sure what to do now honestly.

#NordLivesMatter
  • Cronopoly
    Cronopoly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    uninstalled the game, reinstalled yesterday. I havent been able to login after 2:00pm EST for a week until after midnight. 308 errors. Seems a capacity issue at some point.

Now my 6 year old cousin is over playing Roblox and throwing a fit if I try and change the game. Little B@#$ard. :D

[edit] Fixed by a profile "Delete Everywhere" action... alot of wasted time on this. :|
    Edited by Cronopoly on April 19, 2020 11:17PM