Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please remove the new damage shield from the game and restore the Iceheart set to what it was.

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shantu wrote: »
    From an entertainment value perspective there was no reason to touch Iceheart.

For anyone who’s whining that Iceheart “shouldn’t have changed” or “was fine as is”, there are numbers that show that statement to be false ... kindly provided by @kojou.

If you look at the chart below, the old Iceheart was clearly overperforming.

The discussion in this thread should be more focused on whether the ZOS over-correction was too much. Some forum-goers are posting their views on that ... which is really the feedback ZOS needs to balance the monster set.

Set Name			Relative Power
    Undaunted Bastion		1596.4
    Combat Physician		1584.5

Lunar Bastion			1391.5
    Haven of Ursus			1349.1

Brands of Imperium		931.2
    Whitestrake's Retribution	798.2

Phoenix				483.4
    Prayer Shawl			468.8

Old Iceheart			1433.3
    Old Mother Ciannait		300.0
    New Iceheart			833.3
    New Mother Ciannait		833.3

Math assumptions provided by @kojou:

“Normalized Duration = 60 Seconds
    Maximum Number of "Procs" for Duration = Normalized Duration / Cool Down

Relative Power = (Shield Power * Maximum Number of "Procs" for Duration)/ Normalized Duration

The idea here is to figure out how much shielding per second I will get in 1 minute while wearing this set. I picked 60 seconds because that is the value of the longest cool down for all the sets I considered.“

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6613879#Comment_6613879

Edited by Taleof2Cities on March 2, 2020 9:54PM
  • Grandma
    Grandma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you, know they'll never do this right? Sometimes I begin to wonder if people read "general ESO discussion" and see it as "type out your wildest fantasies and dreams and also guilt trip the developers for doing literally anything discussion" because that's about 99% of any topics you see in this carwreck.
    GH / 3/04/2021 / Elemental Catalyst Necromancer
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Icereach would’ve been the perfect opportunity to give us a viable Frost Damage monster set. Instead it removed the closest thing we had.

Another monster set that gives weak shields, with a weird proc condition, is not something anyone wanted.

Edit: Possible solution. Double the damage of Iceheart, but remove the shield entirely and let the damage proc run the full 6s. Buff the shield on Ciannait to what Iceheart used to be ~9k for 6s with 6s cooldown, and let it proc on crit damage instead of channeled/cast time abilities.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on March 2, 2020 11:09PM
  • Stevie6
    Stevie6
    ✭✭✭✭
    snoozy wrote: »
    get rid of the damage, make a separate frost dmg monster set and restore iceheart's shield. also buff mother ciannait on par so we can pretend it is worth getting. :#
    please and thank you.

THIS ^

Revert Iceheart back to having it's original shield and crit BUT no damage output from it. ADD a frost / blizzard affect when activated. Make it do something worthwhile visually. MC is a different set altogether and is not for MagSorcs. It is really for MagDens and not really good to use at all. It's a fail. Current Iceheart shield is around 4800 and is a nothing burger. Putting a shield glyth on my staff w/ psijic block is better alternative.
  • yRaven
    yRaven
    ✭✭✭✭
    Letholdrus wrote: »
    yRaven wrote: »
    For me Iceheart is still better than the 2.0 version and i still use it sometimes

Hi friend, with Iceheart 2.0 are you referring to the new set from the new dungeon?

Really late, but yes
    Jack of all trades. Master of at least one.
    -
    Àrës - Magicka Dragonknight (EP)
    Persephónē - Magicka Warden (EP)
    Athēna - Magicka Templar (EP)
    Hādēs - Magicka Necromancer (EP)
    Hërmës - Runner Troll (EP)
  • Rave the Histborn
    Rave the Histborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fixing something that is broken by braking something else that was perfectly fine does not fix the initial broken thing. All you left with are two useless broken things.

Remove the new abysmal damage monster set completely from the game, and revert the changes to the Iceheart set.

Iceheart has a lot of in game flavor and fits a frost mage / warden theme perfectly. It was not overpowered in the least (looking at you Zaan, please don't go and break Zaan now as well).

Really, I would rather have no new monster set at all, compared to getting a great thematical set broken.

good DoT with a large radius plus a large damage shield

it wasn't overpowered in the least

I'm not sure that means what you think it means

Compared to some other sets out there for PvE, no, it was not overpowered at all.

Apart from that, the point of this post is that nerfing Iceheart doesn't fix the crappy new set. It only makes both sets crappy.

Buff sets that are currently only good for disenchanting.

Most pve sets disnt have 2 functions they do very well.

"The new set is crappy" isnt really an argument so you're not really appealing to much. I mean I'd we take that ans your line of logic they should just buff it so you dont want to use ice heart. Either way not a good look

Ice Hearts didn't have 2 functions that it did very well. At best one, the damage is rather mediocre. If the shield were removed and the damage of the set had to stand alone, nobody would use it. Every other damage set, within reason, would outperform it.

The new set doesn't apply universally. It needs a channelled or cast time ability to work. It's not an attractive alternative for any player that doesn't use one.

Again, it is good damage and shielding for having dual function, to the point it was op. If it had 1 function it would be as strong as the sets you're comparing it to but since it is an AoE dot plus a shield it has more functionality
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This was the original nerf the dev team implemented
    Iceheart:
    • Reduced the damage shield this set provides to 6050 from 8600.
    • Reduced the damage per tick to 500 from 770.
    • Increased the cooldown to 12 seconds from 6.

The live version is the "community feedback" version.

They actually thought this was a good idea *smh*
  • Zardayne
    Zardayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    snoozy wrote: »

Iceheart has a lot of in game flavor and fits a frost mage / warden theme perfectly. It was not overpowered in the least (looking at you Zaan, please don't go and break Zaan now as well).

And... yet you couldn't help yourself. You ask for a set not to be nerf ..by pointing to another set which you think deserves one. The logic defies reason.

ZoS created all sets, they know the stats of each and every set, including information such as which pieces are worn in trails and which aren't.

you know, sometimes i really doubt they actually have an overview of their own game. the changes made are often so absurd, only someone who doesn't play could come up with them. :neutral:

I've said before and I'll say it again. I really think ZOS' is on autopilot. That ranges from balancing, expansions, pvp, events and their tickets, warden class, and even the cash shop (I mean it could be A LOT better..). I'm sorry but it just feels so half-a$$ed and I'm losing interest quick.
  • Letholdrus
    Letholdrus
    ✭✭✭
    DR4GONFL1 wrote: »
    Disappointed -

I have 2 sets of Icehearts of which i farmed for, transmitted a pice and golden out for probable the cost of 200K (50k each roughly), 50 transmute crystals for one piece and time framing. This set is what I've been using for awhile, it works well, I've invested time and money into it and now because ESO's new monster isn't all that it should be its been decided the best why to make it appeal is to make what I already have crap!!!

So now I have an option of this mediocre set or that mediocre set. I've already had to adapt to nerf's to the magic class and now my monster set is garbage and the new monster set is garbage.

For the future just make new sets good...

My exact same situation friend, hence the post. Feels like the mats and crystals used to tweak the items was a waste of gold and more importantly time.