The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

NO ADDONS Crash Crash Crash Crash

• theyancey
    theyancey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC/NA. I have had 1 wayshrine crash. That is it. No other issues. No lag even during boss fights. I did a clean install instead of upgrade.
  • Vyvrhel
    Vyvrhel
    ✭✭✭
    Note I do not say they did not introduce a new bug, since a lot of people start suddenly complaining so the update is obviously the problem. I am just adding some info. Also I logged in after the mini patch which followed the update.
    Edited by Vyvrhel on February 26, 2020 12:55PM
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @jircris11
    Actually I think the crashes Gina was referring to them looking into a fix for was Cyro crashes, but I could be wrong.

At any rate, I haven't had any crashes yet, but I keep getting insane ping spikes, upward of 6k, where I wasn't having these issues before the patch. I'll be out in the wild by myself with no one around and just get huge amounts of lag. I did a WB in Murkmire for my tickets yesterday, there might have been 10-ish people there altogether, and my ping jumped up to roughly 2.5k. Before the patch there could have been double or triple the number of people and I'd lose frames, but NEVER get that kind of ping rate.

I've had a few friends who've been crashing several times, too, where they weren't having crashing issues prior. But let's be honest; was anyone expecting this patch to actually go smoothly? Even 'normal' big updates always have their slew of issues, but an update changing how files are downloaded/installed and other numerous parts of the game, as well as requiring a reinstall? I never had high hopes that things would work well after u25 went live.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    currently i also crash about every 30-60 minutes
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I only played for a few hours later, I did one of the new dungeons and then played PVP and never crashed. ( cross my fingers ) Hope it doesn't happen to me.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• Stevie6
    Stevie6
    ✭✭✭✭
    jircris11 wrote: »
    solasub wrote: »
    @jircris11 hundred of ppl are crashing non stop ; nothing to do with "specs"

yet 250 people I speak to have not crashed once since the patch. So you can come here and try and be rude, or you can take five minutes and try to provide information that devs can use to recreate these issues. Addons/location/specs and what you did when it crashed.

I’ve crashed a few times yesterday and lagged out in dungeons...999+ms. I have a 30 ms connection to to Dallas,TX area but when I hit the server 100ms + lol. That’s with or without addons and all video settings reset to lowest settings. I used to run it on high settings..not now. Nothing works.

It’s a software problem(s) on ZOS end.
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have one friend who is also on a Laptop and has crashes, freezes and some kind of Stamina recovery bug Stamina doesn't regen for up to ten minutes.

Me on my Desktop I have had zero issues. I have no idea why some have problems and others don't but there is something going on since this last patch.

Good luck.
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had an odd crash this evening. I had just ported to the Blackrose Prison wayshrine in Murkmire from Cyrodiil and run out into the swamp to work on getting my event tickets for the day. Managed to kill a salamander (but no reward) before turning and running under a bridge, and then I crashed out. When I managed to log back in, I was standing back at the wayshrine like I’d just ported in. It was strange.

I have been having crashes in PvE content as well. They have been when I start to port to location or just after my client shows me as having arrived and I start to move. When I log back in I end up in the arrival zone of where I was porting to.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yet 250 people I speak to have not crashed once since the patch. So you can come here and try and be rude, or you can take five minutes and try to provide information that devs can use to recreate these issues. Addons/location/specs and what you did when it crashed.

This isn't some conspiracy cooked up by we trolls that have nothing better to do than trash ZoS. This isn't some small percentage of the population using an out-of-date add-on.

I tried, and that's the operative word here - tried - to run with my guild for PvP last night. Logged in 30 minutes early and crashed 4 times before raid even started. And would you know the entire conversation in our comms was "Kick me from group. Crashed again!" Enemies were freezing and disappearing. Qs popping instantly. It is obvious, clear as day, that huge numbers of players are crashing. And you've got to come onto these forums insisting you talked to 250 people the day after the patch and none of them crashed. BS. Total BS. Go ahead and reply insisting that you actually did talk to 250 people, I and everyone who at least tried to PvP for 30 minutes will not believe you. Save your breath.
    Edited by Joy_Division on February 26, 2020 2:42PM
  • Coppes
    Coppes
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kinda agreeing with @Joy_Division.

If it was a couple of handful of people, it would be easily determined as a hardware issue.

However, if it’s the whole of Cyrodiil and a large part of the playerbase to the point where PvP is quiet. Then it’s a software problem.

250 people in the span of 20/30 or so hours is a incredulous number. That’s high even for Customer Service people.

You’d have to spend the whole day yesterday talking to a new person every 7 minutes. Without any breaks.
    Edited by Coppes on February 26, 2020 2:39PM
  • DucLIX
    DucLIX
    ✭✭✭
    Vyvrhel wrote: »
    merevie wrote: »
    High end laptop.

No crashes at old Ryzen 5 1600X, 16GM RAM, 1050 Ti desktop (yeah I know but I do not play anything really demanding) at 1080p. Just overland questing though and my addons are att and cmx. Lags about the same as usual, maybe slightly better. PC/EU.
    Define high end laptop.

Ryzen 5 3600, RTX 2070, 16 GB Ram, 1To SSD, still crashing every 10-15 minutes in pvp, you just lucky.
    faster guys kill kill
  • Kimid
    Kimid
    ✭✭✭
    PC NA. I am crashing every 5 - 10 minutes in raids and vet dungeons but not other overland content or normal dungeons. I deleted all my add-ons. I repaired the client. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the game. I ensured all my drivers were up to date. I turned around 3 times and sacrificed a goat. NOTHING has fixed this issue for me. Good job ZOS.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Since I cannot play in Cyrodiil, I thought I would do some node farming and other stuff. It went okay for a while, but I harvested one too many logs.

j3GScIM.png
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This isn't some conspiracy cooked up by we trolls that have nothing better to do than trash ZoS. This isn't some small percentage of the population using an out-of-date add-on.

I tried, and that's the operative word here - tried - to run with my guild for PvP last night. Logged in 30 minutes early and crashed 4 times before raid even started. And would you know the entire conversation in our comms was "Kick me from group. Crashed again!" Enemies were freezing and disappearing. Qs popping instantly. It is obvious, clear as day, that huge numbers of players are crashing. And you've got to come onto these forums insisting you talked to 250 people the day after the patch and none of them crashed. BS. Total BS. Go ahead and reply insisting that you actually did talk to 250 people, I and everyone who at least tried to PvP for 30 minutes will not believe you. Save your breath.

Awesomed that! I’ve tried to PvP since the update. Crash after crash. Look at some streams. Streamers are testing builds or doing BGs, not even trying to PvP beyond a certain point...and crashing if they do.

I just don’t get what all these apologists are doing in ESO, RPing outside my door. Because I caught some people RPing outside my Linchal house. I WATCHED ‘em!
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    merevie wrote: »
    High end laptop.
    No addons.
    Crashing every 10 minutes in pvp.
    Crashing wayshrines pve.
    All every player is talking about is when the company is going to admit the product is faulty and give a time it will be fixed.
    Can we have an answer?

Here is your answer.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/513685/current-known-issues-update-25-updated-2-26#latest
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesomed that! I’ve tried to PvP since the update. Crash after crash. Look at some streams. Streamers are testing builds or doing BGs, not even trying to PvP beyond a certain point...and crashing if they do.

I just don’t get what all these apologists are doing in ESO, RPing outside my door. Because I caught some people RPing outside my Linchal house. I WATCHED ‘em!

Stare at them they will leave lol. Sadly the curse of instanced housing. Everyone shares the door.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • Nanfoodle
    Nanfoodle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favorite is crashing because I /quit lol
  • NeoXanthus
    NeoXanthus
    ✭✭✭✭
    No joke I have spent over 20k IRL US money on this game after it became "free to play". It is truly my escape when I am not adulting or working there is nothing I would rather be doing. I have a very supportive wife that lets me have my 2+ hours a day to play this game. I honestly through ESO/ZoS ups and downs I don’t mind the amount of money or time I have spent on this game because it is my hobby and for the most part it brings me joy.

After reading many of the reports on the forums I disabled my addons. However, for the last four plus years I play mainly PvP and I really need to state have never seen such a horrific unstable non-quality test patch in my life. Personally, I work for the most highly rated IT VAR company in the world and if I had released something like this patch to the general public, I would have my future freed up to look for other employment.
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nanfoodle wrote: »

I crashed standing still in the middle of a field today.

And i too crashed when quitting xD
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crashed 8 times in Cyrodil last night, almost always when trying to port.

Crashed twice tonight, the second time was not when porting; I gave up and stopped playing.

EP on PC NA was 2 bars at 7 pm PST and never got poplocked, pvp is very frustrating now.

I don't know about PVE, I don't do it anymore.
    Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Colonel
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Centurion
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
  • sionIV
    sionIV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i7-8700K
    1080 Ti
    16gb ram

I keep crashing in Cyrodiil. I do not believe it is related to having a bad computer.
  • Kikazaru
    Kikazaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never seen such a game breaking issue.. this is ridiculous to the point where the game is unplayable... and what's funny is that this patch was suppose to make our experience better from the get go... what a joke lol!
    Mizaru

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • SaucyMcSauceface
    SaucyMcSauceface
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep, impossible to play for any amount of time in Cyro. 'Sudden error' messages sometimes when porting between keeps, sometimes just when riding between them. For a patch that was supposed to fix performance issues....
  • MercilessnVexed
    MercilessnVexed
    ✭✭✭✭
    TheFM wrote: »
    Nanfoodle wrote: »

I crashed standing still in the middle of a field today.

And i too crashed when quitting xD

OK I'm not alone here with the game crashing when I quit. I'm not sure if that's a "phew" moment though.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    Since there are multiple threads about the crashing in Cyrodiil we will be closing this thread. As posted in the known issues thread linked below, we are investigating a number of crashes that appear to be affecting Cyrodiil. You can continue discussion in the crashing thread linked below.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.