Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

NO ADDONS Crash Crash Crash Crash

merevie
merevie
✭✭✭✭✭
High end laptop.
No addons.
Crashing every 10 minutes in pvp.
Crashing wayshrines pve.
All every player is talking about is when the company is going to admit the product is faulty and give a time it will be fixed.
Can we have an answer?
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might I get your specs? I am not an employee simply someone who has dealt with a lot of performance assistance for other members of the community on reddit. Also explain how the game crashes, does it freeze or just vanish and your staring at a desk top? Also I am assuming your on windows.
    Edited by jircris11 on February 26, 2020 3:53AM
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can someone link Gina's post about it?
    Heard she said they thought they had found what was causing it but werent 100% sure so didnt have a hotfix yet?
    Or they found it and do have a hot fix?
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Nanfoodle
    Nanfoodle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any major update will bring its own bugs, give them a min to get this live update working. I'm sure they are working on it.
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    Can someone link Gina's post about it?
    Heard she said they thought they had found what was causing it but werent 100% sure so didnt have a hotfix yet?
    Or they found it and do have a hot fix?

I think that was only for the wayshrine crashes.
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I bet it involves someone summoning a new mount.

Guessing because one indrik was causing whole areas to crash in the past.
  • solasub
    solasub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @jircris11 hundred of ppl are crashing non stop ; nothing to do with "specs"
    Tick Tock Tormentor• Gryphon Heart • Immortal Redeemer • Extinguisher of Flames • Dro-m'Athra Destroyer • Shiel of the North
    PVP Alpha Squad
    PVE : Alpha Crew Guild leader / Easy Peasy Officer

• solasub
    solasub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    crashing every 10 min (as I do too) is not a "bug".
    Tick Tock Tormentor• Gryphon Heart • Immortal Redeemer • Extinguisher of Flames • Dro-m'Athra Destroyer • Shiel of the North
    PVP Alpha Squad

• Caff32
    Caff32
    ✭✭✭✭
    solasub wrote: »
    crashing every 10 min (as I do too) is not a "bug".

It’s not a bug. It’s a feature.
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @jircris11 hundred of ppl are crashing non stop ; nothing to do with "specs"

yet 250 people I speak to have not crashed once since the patch. So you can come here and try and be rude, or you can take five minutes and try to provide information that devs can use to recreate these issues. Addons/location/specs and what you did when it crashed.
    Edited by jircris11 on February 26, 2020 5:16AM
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Crashing a lot this patch? YES times infinity
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • angrytroll85
    angrytroll85
    ✭✭
    Ya but there are many of us that have crashed after the patch. I crashed 3 time and my wife has crashed at least 14-15 times. Her game is having way more issues then mine. And I have see a ton of people crashing in cyro for the last 2 days. It is a bug. I is not the pc or the specs. Def a bug that is interacting with something that not everyone in the game has. Maybe an add-on or something.
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya but there are many of us that have crashed after the patch. I crashed 3 time and my wife has crashed at least 14-15 times. Her game is having way more issues then mine. And I have see a ton of people crashing in cyro for the last 2 days. It is a bug. I is not the pc or the specs. Def a bug that is interacting with something that not everyone in the game has. Maybe an add-on or something.

might be, could even be a bad file (repairing the client) is a good starting point. if that does not work turn off all addons if that does not work then its a bug within the update its self and that will have to wait for ZoS.
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • solasub
    solasub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @jircris11 being rude by telling the truth???
    100 % of the pvp players are crashing almost non stop since yesterday ; all pvp guilds cancel their event ; there are douzen of threats about it ; so, yes, sorry, reading 1 more time someone who explain us that is our pc maybe.....
    And, for your info :
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/513685/current-known-issues-update-25-updated-2-25#latest
    PVP Alpha Squad

• jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    100 % of the pvp players are crashing almost non stop since yesterday ; all pvp guilds cancel their event ; there are douzen of threats about it ; so, yes, sorry, reading 1 more time someone who explain us that is our pc maybe.....
    And, for your info :
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/513685/current-known-issues-update-25-updated-2-25#latest

The way you simply blurted out that x amount of people have been reporting crashes. that has nothing to do with what was being spoken about. Most if not all crashes I am seeing reports of are in pvp. A wayshrine crash has not happened in a while. But if you wish to continue to act like a child and rant and rage instead of acting like an adult and providing information that can be USED to help recreate the crashes then so be it. that is why the forums is doomed to be honest. People rage too frequently with little to know knowledge or thought. So please before you go quoting my post you need to think about what you are actually typing. being rude and unhelpful does no one a service and only furthers to make you look like an ass. I know of the updates you provided, investigation takes longer if they don't have information on how to reproduce the crashes. Or they miss some of the crash toggles.
    Edited by jircris11 on February 26, 2020 5:48AM
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • hellhound223
    hellhound223
    ✭✭✭
    Had an odd crash this evening. I had just ported to the Blackrose Prison wayshrine in Murkmire from Cyrodiil and run out into the swamp to work on getting my event tickets for the day. Managed to kill a salamander (but no reward) before turning and running under a bridge, and then I crashed out. When I managed to log back in, I was standing back at the wayshrine like I’d just ported in. It was strange.
    PC-NA
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Me too. Approx. 4 times an hour. Even just by standing on a hill In Cyrodill without any player or mob around. But Zenimax knows it, they get the report every time. I am sure they will fix it.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its the new crown store spending limit protection feature
    Edited by Nemesis7884 on February 26, 2020 6:24AM
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had an odd crash this evening. I had just ported to the Blackrose Prison wayshrine in Murkmire from Cyrodiil and run out into the swamp to work on getting my event tickets for the day. Managed to kill a salamander (but no reward) before turning and running under a bridge, and then I crashed out. When I managed to log back in, I was standing back at the wayshrine like I’d just ported in. It was strange.

You probably got a rollback. It happens sometimes.
    The server didnt get the info that you had moved and you end up back a bit from where you crashed.

I crashed about 5 times in Cyrodiil before I gave up.
    2-3 times it was trying to port to another keep
    2 times I was approaching a keep under attack
    1 time I was out in the middle of nowhere with no one around

Didnt crash once in PVE land porting from map to map
    Edited by Katahdin on February 26, 2020 6:49AM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Curious_Death
    Curious_Death
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    merevie wrote: »
    High end laptop.
    No addons.
    Crashing every 10 minutes in pvp.
    Crashing wayshrines pve.
    All every player is talking about is when the company is going to admit the product is faulty and give a time it will be fixed.
    Can we have an answer?

i also have same experience...
    but.. i must admit overall game runs slighty better... fps up by alot! now 90 fps in cyro.
  • HappyHaunt1000
    Same thing, crash after crash. I've been booted more times in the last two days than in the last 6 months. I don't even use a Laptop but a desktop and pretty much this is the only game installed anymore.
    I sat quietly with my own thoughts today
    Remind me to never do that again
  • Keewo
    Keewo
    ✭✭✭
    My Game doesnt Crash.. once in a Month or so maybe. Not in Trials, not in Cyro.

i7 4790k OC
    16gb Ram
    Gtx 1060 6gb

Playing on a HDD
    Stam Dk aus Leidenschaft
  • llande
    llande
    ✭✭✭
    Played 4 h non stop yesterday all outdated add-ons enabled MM, dressing room, lost treasure etc. Not a single crash although no notable performance improvement either.

i7-7700 / 16 GB / 1050Ti / SSD
    Edited by llande on February 26, 2020 8:48AM
  • Gato12
    Gato12
    ✭✭
    Keewo wrote: »
    My Game doesnt Crash.. once in a Month or so maybe. Not in Trials, not in Cyro.

i7 4790k OC
    16gb Ram
    Gtx 1060 6gb

Playing on a HDD

This might be hardware issue. Playing with to PCs, this one is i7-9700K @3.6 GHz, 16 GB RAM, SSD, RTX 2070. Was able to upload latest patch in two hours, but playing this game causes so heavy lag, 999+, that the game logs me out since it feels there's no connection.
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Clearly an addon issue, as zos stated. 😉
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its the only game I have of many that crashes regularly and blue screens my pc at least once a day
  • snoozy
    snoozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bet it involves someone summoning a new mount.

Guessing because one indrik was causing whole areas to crash in the past.

good point. get rid of indriks :naughty:
    PC EU
  • Mrs_Malaka
    Mrs_Malaka
    ✭✭✭✭
    jircris11 wrote: »
    And, for your info :

The way you simply blurted out that x amount of people have been reporting crashes. that has nothing to do with what was being spoken about. Most if not all crashes I am seeing reports of are in pvp. A wayshrine crash has not happened in a while. But if you wish to continue to act like a child and rant and rage instead of acting like an adult and providing information that can be USED to help recreate the crashes then so be it. that is why the forums is doomed to be honest. People rage too frequently with little to know knowledge or thought. So please before you go quoting my post you need to think about what you are actually typing. being rude and unhelpful does no one a service and only furthers to make you look like an ass. I know of the updates you provided, investigation takes longer if they don't have information on how to reproduce the crashes. Or they miss some of the crash toggles.

You know what? I feel for Solasub. They have the right to rant and rage in the forums. You should not feel the need to belittle them at all or "call them out" when they have every right to vent their frustrations (as well as many other player's frustrations) because a game that was promising something did not (and probably will not) deliver.
    They spend their time and maybe even money, too, on this game and would like it to run without so many issues as it has. I know I have had just two crashes since the redownload launcher patch thing and although I may not be super upset about it, I am annoyed to the point that I won't log in again for a few days.
    Also, you are not a moderator. I do not see "Forum Moderator" next to your name, so anyone giving YOU spec information or anything else won't do a damn thing to fix this game for however many millions play it. You do not have the power to relay information to the devs. You are just here for your own purposes. Not to aid in the troubleshooting process that ZOS's employees are paid to do. ZOS knows they failed to deliver. They also know that fixing things to make them work isn't as much of a priority as ensuring their crown store and other cashcow means are functioning 100%.
    So before you try to call someone out on the forums because they come here to vent their frustrations at a semi-functioning product, maybe you should just walk in their shoes for a while.
    "But screw your courage to the sticking-place,
    And we’ll not fail."

PC/NA & EU
  • yRaven
    yRaven
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crashing like 6-7 times a day when teleporting, to player, wayshrine or just pledge, always give me a *** crash
    Jack of all trades. Master of at least one.
    -
    Àrës - Magicka Dragonknight (EP)
    Persephónē - Magicka Warden (EP)
    Athēna - Magicka Templar (EP)
    Hādēs - Magicka Necromancer (EP)
    Hërmës - Runner Troll (EP)
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nanfoodle wrote: »
    Any major update will bring its own bugs, give them a min to get this live update working. I'm sure they are working on it.

The game being literally unplayable is not a bug. They broke something after the PTS by changing something and never testing it. I have never seen such a horrible update.

Stealth doesn't work properly
    Huge swaths of land don't render properly
    Meshes in dungeons don't load.
    Crashing ever ten minutes in cyro
    Abilities are janky
    Op classes are more op now
    Ridiculous stamina sets being released

The list goes on. If this is the culmination of their performance updates, I dont know what to say anymore.
  • Vyvrhel
    Vyvrhel
    ✭✭✭
    merevie wrote: »
    High end laptop.

No crashes at old Ryzen 5 1600X, 16GM RAM, 1050 Ti desktop (yeah I know but I do not play anything really demanding) at 1080p. Just overland questing though and my addons are att and cmx. Lags about the same as usual, maybe slightly better. PC/EU.
    Define high end laptop.
    Edited by Vyvrhel on February 26, 2020 12:57PM
This discussion has been closed.