The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Crashing every 5-10 minutes.

Crooksy
Crooksy
Soul Shriven
Alright so since the update yesterday i have been non stop crashing making the game unplayable. I do have addons but even deleted them all to see if that was the issue and its not. i Would legit crash in PvP at least 20+ times an hour to the point i just quit of the game and go play something else. If there is not a fix for this soon ill be cancelling my ESO plus and just move on it seems to be problems after problems that no other game seem to have.
  • Al'Odin
    Al'Odin
    ✭✭
    Since yesterdays update I have crashed out the game numerous times, EU server in Cryodiil. It is really now unplayable
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As posted in the known issues thread linked below, we are investigating a number of crashes that appear to be affecting Cyrodiil.

Current Known Issues - Update 25 [updated 2/25]
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • adirondack
    adirondack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I believe we have read that article, which is a nice collection of all the issues related to this recent patch. Knowing that you are investigating is certainly a good step - please do be aware for some poor camels, their backs are breaking.

I believe the community would be willing to accept even a temporary / unproven fix to stop crashing in cyrodiil with such frequency. I played the game in PVE all day, not a since crash... frankly, performance was much more stable. The moment I go into Cyrodiil, however, I am crashing with great frequency. I dare say more frequent than once per 5 mins.
    Ray
  • Al'Odin
    Al'Odin
    ✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    As posted in the known issues thread linked below, we are investigating a number of crashes that appear to be affecting Cyrodiil.

Current Known Issues - Update 25 [updated 2/25]

Thanks Billie, please keep us updated.

FYI, I am trying a complete uninstall clean and reinstall, Ill let you know how that goes
  • Kimid
    Kimid
    ✭✭✭
    I have been crashing every 5 - 10 mins in pve content since this disaster dropped. I cannot do any content at all, I have had to step out of raids, achieves and even the murkmire event. Is there a fix for the pve content crashes as well because I know I am not the only one experiencing this.
  • aussie500
    aussie500
    ✭✭✭
    I was also with a group of 4 in Cyrodiil yesterday, getting our guildmaster to those new tables, we were all randomly crashing, usually while just riding from one location to another, although some crashed just standing in place doing nothing. It was getting annoying, we could not all be in the game at the same time.

Then to top it off when I tried to leave Cyrodiil the maps on the wayshrine would not load properly, there were no wayshrines to teleport to. Eventually on the second time around with a different character which had the same problems I just transferred to Imperial City and walked out the exit door to escape. A couple of hours later when I returned to reclaim my first character, the wayshrine maps loaded fine, I immediately left I wanted nothing more to do with Cyrodiil. At no time while traveling around Cyrodiil did we get the usual random loading screens, which I assume was due to the loading improvements, you must have broken something though. The experience we had was atrocious.
  • Al'Odin
    Al'Odin
    ✭✭
    sadly a complete reinstall did not change anything, still crashing in Cryodiil
  • aussie500
    aussie500
    ✭✭✭
    Forgot to say we were on the NA server, and I have the hefty aussie lag to deal with. But having woeful lag is not going to get me thrown out of the game every 5 minutes while in Cyrodiil.
  • Al'Odin
    Al'Odin
    ✭✭
    8 TIMES TODAY I'VE SEEN THIS

uz48g19l1t1q.jpg
  • LaughingGremlin
    LaughingGremlin
    ✭✭✭
    I'm getting the same error every time I load the game. My character is not in Cyrodiil, but Mournoth Keep. I have to try running the game several times to get in.
  • lokipestilence
    lokipestilence
    Soul Shriven
    I so do love how you pay for a game that cannot work properly and keeps making it go from bad to worse. I'm starting to wonder if there is even a quality control or if they just throw a bunch of things together and patch it over. Shoot in the dark and hope for the best.. Yes PVP was an afterthought with little to any effort within but seriously, understaffed or not, this is quite ridiculous.

Consistent Cyrodiil crashes every 5-10 minutes, usually when next to a large keep or form of multiple player vs player battle seems to be a main cause. Crashing while logging in or out of toons, crashing while logging into Cyrodiil. Even in PVE random yet scarce crashes that happen. Dare I ask whats next? Is this even being looked at or shall we deal with this in hopes of next patch to fix things that you broke this patch? Seems to be a commonality. A sad trend.

I so do love this game and hope that you can do something about this before your game fully dies off.
  • LaughingGremlin
    LaughingGremlin
    ✭✭✭
    In my case the problem is with the Add-On's; I turned them all off I was able to get in the game. I'm not sure which Add-On is the culprit. I systematically turned the Add-On's back on, but the strange thing is they all then worked. It makes no sense but I do think in my case the Add-On's what causing ESO to crash.
  • Al'Odin
    Al'Odin
    ✭✭
    AND SO IT KEEPS GOING ON!!!

ik0b85cid1hh.jpg
  • jin_shi87
    jin_shi87
    ✭✭
    Al'Odin wrote: »
    sadly a complete reinstall did not change anything, still crashing in Cryodiil

You saved me some time thx :)

Hope they fix their game soon... i can't play like this
  • IrishOphidia
    IrishOphidia
    ✭✭✭
    How about ZoS learns to do what every other game company seems to have grasped and hotfix their game instead of allowing game breaking bugs to persist for an entire week, or longer, until the next "incremental patch."
  • Lithlidessa444
    i do not do cyrodil but still crashing about once and hour-always in porting?
  • Vellear
    Vellear
    Soul Shriven
    I get crashes every 2-3 minutes and every 5-15 minutes in dungeons (in 80% of cases I am simply kicked from the group before I can log into the game)
    Right now game is completely unplayable.
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Hey @Vellear

If you have tried the steps in this article already then please submit a ticket with us at help.elderscrollsonline.com so that we can assist you further.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post