Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

No Event Tickets - 9 hours of grinding.

krayphysh
krayphysh
✭✭✭
I was in a group with my spouse (S) and friend (F) the moment the event started. We were doing the delve quest called "The Weight of Words." "S" has a bad habbit of running ahead as if the rest of the group doesn't exist. S got 3 tickets and a stronghold box after killing the delve boss (way ahead of the rest of the group). This also caused my quest to bug out and I couldn't get the tablet of the destroyer. "F" and I got no tickets at all, and the only way I'd be able to complete that quest was by abandoning it and picking it up again. I eventually repeated that quest successfully, starting over alone, and got no tickets. I looted everything! I spent 9 hours killing everything in Murkmire that I could find. Just a moment ago I read this comment:

"Be careful of grouping, though, because if you miss looting even one mob that someone in your group has killed, that might have been your tickets for the day."

Can anyone officially verify this? Is it now impossible for me to get my tickets today? I knew better than to group up with "S", as "S" frequently causes questing issues because of running ahead...However, I didn't expect it would cause me to loose my tickets for the day. I wouldn't have spent 9 hours trying to get them had I known this. Hoping I still have a chance of acquiring them. I invested too much time not to have received my tickets.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tickets can drop from any mob, so if you miss looting one a group member killed, you may miss out on that days tickets.
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    krayphysh wrote: »
    I was in a group with my spouse (S) and friend (F) the moment the event started. We were doing the delve quest called "The Weight of Words." "S" has a bad habbit of running ahead as if the rest of the group doesn't exist. S got 3 tickets and a stronghold box after killing the delve boss (way ahead of the rest of the group). This also caused my quest to bug out and I couldn't get the tablet of the destroyer. "F" and I got no tickets at all, and the only way I'd be able to complete that quest was by abandoning it and picking it up again. I eventually repeated that quest successfully, starting over alone, and got no tickets. I looted everything! I spent 9 hours killing everything in Murkmire that I could find. Just a moment ago I read this comment:

"Be careful of grouping, though, because if you miss looting even one mob that someone in your group has killed, that might have been your tickets for the day."

Can anyone officially verify this? Is it now impossible for me to get my tickets today? I knew better than to group up with "S", as "S" frequently causes questing issues because of running ahead...However, I didn't expect it would cause me to loose my tickets for the day. I wouldn't have spent 9 hours trying to get them had I known this. Hoping I still have a chance of acquiring them. I invested too much time not to have received my tickets.

Unfortunately sounds as if your 🎟 are lost for today
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great event! Sounds like typical ZOS lol. I'm sure ZOS would tell OP to purchase 3 tickets from Crown Store to make up for the confusing way tickets can drop!
    PC-NA
  • mikikatze
    mikikatze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    9 hours... man, you're a patient one! :# I'd have written support after 2 hours max. I hope they'll mail you some!
    Edited by mikikatze on February 20, 2020 9:59PM
  • oddbasket
    oddbasket
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was the same during a previous event (elsweyr?) where tickets dropped from mobs where players lost tickets in a group because someone kill an enemy somewhere else and another missed looting it. So don't group up.
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moloch1514 wrote: »
    Great event! Sounds like typical ZOS lol. I'm sure ZOS would tell OP to purchase 3 tickets from Crown Store to make up for the confusing way tickets can drop!

OP can put in an support ticket and hope they get someone whos nice to deal with it i have known them to give missing tickets back just depends on who deals with the ticket and how informed it is as to what the issue is
  • krayphysh
    krayphysh
    ✭✭✭
    Oh wow. I will certainly not be grouping up for anything during this event... Lesson learned the hard way :-(

Thanks for verifying. To everyone else who has been grinding all day to no avail, if you were in a group at some point and didn't get your tickets, give it up. You aren't getting them today! Don't learn as I did.

I hope everyone who participated gets their tickets, but this is clearly not the case...
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    krayphysh wrote: »
    Oh wow. I will certainly not be grouping up for anything during this event... Lesson learned the hard way :-(

Thanks for verifying. To everyone else who has been grinding all day to no avail, if you were in a group at some point and didn't get your tickets, give it up. You aren't getting them today! Don't learn as I did.

I hope everyone who participated gets their tickets, but this is clearly not the case...

You should do an support ticket just be as clear as you was here as to what happened and hope you get someone whos nice you'll get your tickets
  • Contaminate
    Contaminate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS is experimenting with more ways to short people tickets. This is all by design
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is just stupid. Getting tickets for daily quests worked just fine, why did they change it?
    And I hate the fact that we cannot trade memento and pet parts. Feels like they just want us to buy tickets, very manipulative.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Tabatha
    Tabatha
    ✭✭✭
    I think the even has only been on 7hours. But that aside, sorry you didn’t get your tickets. I’d definitely put in a ticket.

I’m on NA XBOX & people in chat are incredibly toxic and negative about this event. Lots of people not getting tickets or boxes.
  • krayphysh
    krayphysh
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the advice Nordic!! I submitted a support ticket, hopefully all will go well. :-) Time for some sleep, this event trickery has exhausted me lol!
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If ppl would j6st LOOT their stuff it would not be an issue, I got my tickets within a hour.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS is experimenting with more ways to short people tickets. This is all by design

Stick to your ticket according to Hagrid.
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have 3 accounts, on each of them today I got my 3 event tickets on the first thing I killed that day (not bosses, just ordinary mobs) - maybe I just got lucky, but I didn't have to run around to get them.

Sounds as if you missed your event tickets because someone in your group killed something that you didn't spot and loot.

I've been advising people all day to make sure they are solo at first until they get their event tickets, do not group until after you have them - this is the only way to prevent this from happening.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • Darkenarlol
    Darkenarlol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    actually you get tickets from your first killed AND looted mob

for me it is just best event so far - 10 seconds and tickets are done

(and it is 39 tickets per event which i have nothing to spend on)

sad to know that such things as lost party loot can happen

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is just stupid. Getting tickets for daily quests worked just fine, why did they change it?
    And I hate the fact that we cannot trade memento and pet parts. Feels like they just want us to buy tickets, very manipulative.

The parts aren't tradable? I know the ones purchased from the Impresario aren't, but I would have assumed that the ones that drop from the strongboxes would be.
  • krayphysh
    krayphysh
    ✭✭✭
    Best advice ever! I would have loved to have looted that delve boss, but he wasn't available because "S" got too far ahead of the group. Never got the chance to loot, the body was gone by the time I caught up...as was the remainder of the quest! Now I am fully aware and won't be risking my tickets as I have today.
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not victim blaming, you have all the rights to be pissed, BUT (nothing after these kinds of "but" is good) they did warn you to be mindful of grouping. Not the first event this happens either. Not the second. Prooooobably not the last. There's a reason that warning is there, there's a reason you read it. Following that advice would be the best thing to do. As of tomorrow, go solo for tickets, group after, is the best advice I can give. I had NO trouble in any events so far but simply reading the rules for the event and following the tips. Should be that simple, but it's ZOS so it isn't, therefore follow their guidelines.

And it's just 3 tickets... Much worse is that you wasted 9h on something you probably lost on the first 5 minutes and we have no way of knowing. That's the stupidest design flaw.
  • joerginger
    joerginger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    actually you get tickets from your first killed AND looted mob

for me it is just best event so far - 10 seconds and tickets are done

(and it is 39 tickets per event which i have nothing to spend on)

sad to know that such things as lost party loot can happen

Repeating this idiotic claim doesn not make it right. It can be the first mob, but there's absolutely no guarantee that this is the case. For me it wasn't, for example.
  • Contaminate
    Contaminate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZonasArch wrote: »
    Not victim blaming, you have all the rights to be pissed, BUT (nothing after these kinds of "but" is good) they did warn you to be mindful of grouping. Not the first event this happens either. Not the second. Prooooobably not the last. There's a reason that warning is there, there's a reason you read it. Following that advice would be the best thing to do. As of tomorrow, go solo for tickets, group after, is the best advice I can give. I had NO trouble in any events so far but simply reading the rules for the event and following the tips. Should be that simple, but it's ZOS so it isn't, therefore follow their guidelines.

And it's just 3 tickets... Much worse is that you wasted 9h on something you probably lost on the first 5 minutes and we have no way of knowing. That's the stupidest design flaw.

ZOS was warned well in advance grouping would short people of tickets with the way they set it up. They chose to do it that way intentionally knowing people would lose tickets. It doesn’t matter how much ZOS “warns” people when they’re the ones making the hazards when there is zero reason to besides attempting to boost their own profits.
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully support helps you out.
    And if my husband pulled that while we were grouped, I’d dutch oven him daily for like a week. Maybe flush the toilet while he showered too, for good measure. ;)
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

ZOS was warned well in advance grouping would short people of tickets with the way they set it up. They chose to do it that way intentionally knowing people would lose tickets. It doesn’t matter how much ZOS “warns” people when they’re the ones making the hazards when there is zero reason to besides attempting to boost their own profits.

If they wanted to short us, they would give us two tickets, not three. That's the end of this conspiracy.

Give me something reasonable, please.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If they wanted to short us, they would give us two tickets, not three. That's the end of this conspiracy.

Give me something reasonable, please.

Nah, they would make a major update launch in the middle of an event if they wanted to short us.

.... oh wait....
  • llande
    llande
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah that's a conspiracy to make you buy tickets. Earth is flat, too. And the global syndicate of pharmaceutical companies is spreading diseases to make people buy medicines...
  • Contaminate
    Contaminate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    llande wrote: »
    Yeah that's a conspiracy to make you buy tickets. Earth is flat, too. And the global syndicate of pharmaceutical companies is spreading diseases to make people buy medicines...

Ok wise one. Please list one believable reason that builds a case for the shift from guaranteed tickets to a full RNG system.
    Edited by Contaminate on February 20, 2020 11:10PM
  • snoozy
    snoozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you have my respect. can't even stand to spend one hour in murkmire. how you managed to put yourself through nine is beyond me :sweat_smile:
    PC EU
  • santhoranb16_ESO
    santhoranb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I actually like the system.

It was just 4 mobs and the tickets dropped, no waiting on overcrowded WB or delve boss.
    I do like that option really, but maybe an improve for those that dislike: Make Eventtickets always auto-loot, would solve the problem and the offer of more ways to obtain tickets would be without any downside.
  • Paramedicus
    Paramedicus
    ✭✭✭
    So this is why i didnt get my tickets and box. Wow ZoS you know how to celebrate an event.
    PC EU
    /script JumpToHouse("@Paramedicus")

↑↑↑ Feel free to visit my house if you need to use Transmute Station or Trial Dummy with buffs (look for Harrowing Reaper) ↑↑↑
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    llande wrote: »

Ok wise one. Please list one believable reason that builds a case for the shift from guaranteed tickets to a full RNG system.

The ticket RNG may not be the worst of it.

According to some, the strongboxes - which apparently have a poor drop rate beyond the first per day which is guaranteed - only have a *chance* to contain the fragments needed to create the mementos for the event. I can neither confirm nor deny this at this time. What I can confirm is that the fragments are not tradable, which is a significant departure from previous events and far more worrying. Combine this with randomized fragments for the mementos and we get a situation where players are straight up unable to earn all event rewards by actually playing the game. I mean, we all know (or should know) by this point ESO is a play-to-pay game, but... really? I mean, really?

This might be my last year putting up with the BS from $enimax corporate. I'm just so damn sick of this crap ruining what is otherwise is a fantastic game.
    Edited by Starlock on February 20, 2020 11:25PM