Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Learn About the Performance Improvements & Free Pet With U25"

ZOS_SarahHecker
ZOS_SarahHecker
✭✭✭✭✭
2ac402c51ac033d7447fc2fa9609b29d.jpg
This is the official discussion thread for "Learn About the Performance Improvements & Free Pet Coming with the Patching Overhaul" blog article.

Learn about what makes Update 25 and the Patching Overhaul so important and the special pet we’re giving away in thanks!
Staff Post
  • January1171
    January1171
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we get an explanation why there is an event right in the middle of this period?
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have even better question...
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/streamers
    (scroll the bottom calendar, to 02/24 - Launch Day - Harrowstorm (STREAM TEAM))
    So let me put it this way...
    ...There are twitch streams with Drops Enabled in the 1st day of the "game re-donload" thing. What do we gonna watch ? Streamers downloading the game or what ?! :o:#
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahh Update 25, the one in which bgs became solo queue only. Wonder if we'll ever see group or duo queues again...
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we get an explanation why there is an event right in the middle of this period?

Yeah in the middle of an event? Brilliant timing /s And since the event tickets are now pure rng if you get them or not... this is just an absolutely ingenious decision.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not one for pets but it is a nice gesture.
  • nightstrike
    nightstrike
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Please ensure that this question is answered during the stream.
    Warning: This signature is tiny!
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    ...There are twitch streams with Drops Enabled in the 1st day of the "game re-donload" thing. What do we gonna watch ? Streamers downloading the game or what ?! :o:#

The Drops don't start until that evening at 7pm EST, so there should be time for some of them to download by that time. If we're seeing that the majority haven't downloaded at that point, we can move the Drops out a bit to accommodate.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah in the middle of an event? Brilliant timing /s And since the event tickets are now pure rng if you get them or not... this is just an absolutely ingenious decision.

The event tickets are NOT pure RNG. Pretty much any mob that you kill in Murkmire will drop your event tickets, if it's the first murkmire stuff you have killed that day (since the daily reset at 2am EST). The important requirements are:
    1. check your inventory currency tab FIRST before going into Murkmire, and spend tickets at the Impressario if you have 10 or more event tickets. You won't get any tickets at all if you already have 12.
    2. Turn autoloot and consolidate mob loot on, and loot everything
    3. make sure that you loot the boss or trash mob bodies (reminder that only the top highest 12 damage dealers get loot from bosses, so you may have to kill stuff until you DO get loot)
  • January1171
    January1171
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In another post it was stated that it's a chance, not guaranteed @Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Hey all, just to clarify a few points on Event Tickets before the start of the event:

All three tickets drop at once (rather than one at a time.) Even though there is only a chance for them to drop, that chance is quite high for basic enemies and even higher for World & Delve Bosses. That being said, you might want to turn on auto loot before the event to make sure you're grabbing everything.
  • trackdemon5512
    trackdemon5512
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno can we get some clarification for console if it’s better/necessary to manually delete the game from the hard drive before reinstall OR if the update process will simply overwrite everything that is currently there? Also, if both of those two processes are viable would there be any advantages in terms of system performance/order with just going for a full clean reinstall after a deletion?
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The event tickets are NOT pure RNG. Pretty much any mob that you kill in Murkmire will drop your event tickets, if it's the first murkmire stuff you have killed that day (since the daily reset at 2am EST). The important requirements are:
    1. check your inventory currency tab FIRST before going into Murkmire, and spend tickets at the Impressario if you have 10 or more event tickets. You won't get any tickets at all if you already have 12.
    2. Turn autoloot and consolidate mob loot on, and loot everything
    3. make sure that you loot the boss or trash mob bodies (reminder that only the top highest 12 damage dealers get loot from bosses, so you may have to kill stuff until you DO get loot)

Except it is. RNG decides solely whether or not a kill gives you tickets or not. It is pure RNG if you get tickets that kill or even that day. I know their "high chance of dropping" thanks.

This decision is pure idiocy, to let RNG decide if you get tickets or not and they know how damn unpopular this was in Dragonrise and how much it bugged out exactly because of the looting mechanism especially with WBs, so I'm impressed with anyone up enough their arse to defend it.

I don't have auto loot on and I will NEVER have it, it's a thoroughly annoying feature imo. Trying to force it on players like this is another idiotic move.

Nah, they can shove this event.
  • bri5
    bri5
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno can we get some clarification for console if it’s better/necessary to manually delete the game from the hard drive before reinstall OR if the update process will simply overwrite everything that is currently there? Also, if both of those two processes are viable would there be any advantages in terms of system performance/order with just going for a full clean reinstall after a deletion?

After this download will I still need to use my disc?
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, I've been thinking - will this data optimization even make ANY loading times difference for people playing the game off a SSD? (that's like 70%+ in this time and age I'd say)
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭

On PTS I had mine downloaded in a hour of PTS going live so it shouldn't take too long to download and I'm on a 50/50 Fibre connection from Australia.
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The Drops don't start until that evening at 7pm EST, so there should be time for some of them to download by that time. If we're seeing that the majority haven't downloaded at that point, we can move the Drops out a bit to accommodate.

Do we have any general idea as to when we can start downloading the new client? I would hate to start the process and find out I have to redo it.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Watch them play a better game than ESO maybe.
  • Hamfast
    Hamfast
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok, Ok, so my dial-up is slow and spotty and you are only allowing 2 weeks for the download and then to be able to get the pet... let alone the Murkmire event...
    Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most...
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dialup? Where do you live? Some alternative universe?
  • Buddy_Bradley
    Buddy_Bradley
    ✭✭
    Octopuss wrote: »
    Hmm, I've been thinking - will this data optimization even make ANY loading times difference for people playing the game off a SSD? (that's like 70%+ in this time and age I'd say)

/cries in 2013 spec machine
  • Susan_Sto
    Susan_Sto
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno, will Steam users be able to download the update via the launcher like normal, or are we going to have to re-download the game via Steam itself?
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Octopuss wrote: »

/cries in 2013 spec machine

Of course there are some unhappy people out there (actually I do have a PC from 2012 myself, but I got me a SSD and my life quality increased immensely). I'm just curious whether SSDs will see any meaningful improvements. I doubt it though.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    YAY Red torchbug pet! <3
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    bri5 wrote: »

After this download will I still need to use my disc?

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

An clarification on all these points for console would really be appreciated (PS4)
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Hallothiel you will still need a disk to play the game after this update if you currently use a disk to launch it.

As far as uninstalling first, there is no need for you to do anything manually. The patch is like any other update and should write over your previous version of the game.
    Staff Post
  • bri5
    bri5
    ✭✭✭
    @Hallothiel you will still need a disk to play the game after this update if you currently use a disk to launch it.

As far as uninstalling first, there is no need for you to do anything manually. The patch is like any other update and should write over your previous version of the game.

What would I need to do in order to not use a disc anymore?
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker

Please confirm for clarity sake:
    MAINTENANCE 7am-5pm UTC
    DOWNLOAD GAME 5pm UTC
    STREAM 12pm UTC
  • Myfanwy
    Myfanwy
    Soul Shriven
    Could you please confirm if all our skill points will be reset with this patch?

Thanks!
    Myf
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Myfanwy wrote: »
    Could you please confirm if all our skill points will be reset with this patch?

Thanks!
    Myf

There's no reason for them to be reset. If they do anything about skills resets, the respec shrines will b e discounted.
  • ihtizar
    ihtizar
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno should i re-download the steam version? because i don't want old version and new version to take space in the hard drive. if i download from steam again this should solve the problem of not having 2 copies of the same files
    Aldmeri dominion main eu/PC
  • Mofasa
    Mofasa
    ✭✭✭
    It wasn't that bad, it only took me 2 hours to update the game with this patch.