The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Learn About the Performance Improvements & Free Pet With U25"

• ihtizar
    ihtizar
    ✭✭
    Mofasa wrote: »
    It wasn't that bad, it only took me 2 hours to update the game with this patch.

it will take me and probably a lot of people who play this game in rural areas(not highly populated areas) a day so i need to know the answer don't think everyone has same speed with you. it is a big time investment considering while downloading you can't use internet as freely as you used to because of download
    Aldmeri dominion main eu/PC
    Options
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to be able to convert all pets into gems
    Options
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker

Please confirm for clarity sake:
    MAINTENANCE 7am-5pm UTC
    DOWNLOAD GAME 5pm UTC
    STREAM 12pm UTC

Apparently the patch (game) is now available for download
    Options
  • Mofasa
    Mofasa
    ✭✭✭
    Nakogas wrote: »

it will take me and probably a lot of people who play this game in rural areas(not highly populated areas) a day so i need to know the answer don't think everyone has same speed with you. it is a big time investment considering while downloading you can't use internet as freely as you used to because of download

From what it looked like for me it was about 56Gb large download... But I could be wrong, did not looked at the numbers that closely. The rest of the time was applying the patch.

But before you freak out on the size, lets see how many Gb the others had.

You should be able to use the internet as usual although some streaming services might be choppy.
    Edited by Mofasa on February 24, 2020 2:30PM
    Options
  • nikhi63
    nikhi63
    ✭✭

Lucky you, I been downloading for last 4h only have 14% down :(
    But I guess you using steam as ESO launcher, I use ol' ESO launcher and kind of sux it's sooooooo slow
    Options
  • lolmer
    lolmer
    ✭✭
    Nakogas wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno should i re-download the steam version? because i don't want old version and new version to take space in the hard drive. if i download from steam again this should solve the problem of not having 2 copies of the same files

There was no update to the Steam files that I saw, they're still from years ago. Just run the update through the ESO launcher loaded from Steam, as you usually do, and let the ESO Launcher do the patching. Do not ask Steam to verify your ESO files. :)
    Options
  • Imza
    Imza
    ✭✭✭✭

*sigh* I started my download 8 hours ago - and I'm only at 63%...
    Options
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've checked the loading times vs before the update and unfortunately I can report absolutely zero improvement on my end.
    It still takes ridiculous ~45 seconds from login screen to character selection (excluding 5-20seconds of "requesting login info") and then ~27 seconds from character selection to actually seeing the game (again, excluding ridiculously long "requesting character load"). That's with the same addons being active (I know the second loading time is around ten seconds without any addons at all, but the key thing here is there is no improvement)

I am disappointed I guess. At least the game doesn't run worse.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Octopuss wrote: »
    I've checked the loading times vs before the update and unfortunately I can report absolutely zero improvement on my end.
    It still takes ridiculous ~45 seconds from login screen to character selection (excluding 5-20seconds of "requesting login info") and then ~27 seconds from character selection to actually seeing the game (again, excluding ridiculously long "requesting character load"). That's with the same addons being active (I know the second loading time is around ten seconds without any addons at all, but the key thing here is there is no improvement)

I am disappointed I guess. At least the game doesn't run worse.

Keep in mind that this only improved asset loading times and patch size and installation time. I already have a really fast PC and am running an SSD, so I am not expecting a lot of load time improvements. If there is a server-side wait to log into the game, or get to a space in the game, that won't change.

I don't know what marketer wrote "major improvements to the game’s load time". That seems rather... grand. I would expect that consoles and lower end PC will have the most improvement.

I seem to recall someone saying that some infinite load screen can be related to a failed asset load. What I am hoping is that asset improvements will make those go away, or at least the ones related to loading assets. Not that we can tell the difference.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea I do have a SSD as well, but there has to be something horribly inefficient about the entire game client if it is loading and loading and there's barely any disk activity during the entire time :( This is unrelated to waiting for server responses.
    Options
  • Hamfast
    Hamfast
    ✭✭✭✭
    I made a comment earlier (a joke, I admit) about having a slow and spotty dial-up and only having 2 weeks for the download to get the pet... needless to say, my game was up and running before I was.

But at this time we are monitoring a friend, here in the US, who started her download the same time most of us did, last report, after 2 days, she has hit 17% (it seems her ISP throttles downloads).

Makes my joke a bit less funny... can I please reserve the pet for my friend? at this point 2 weeks may not be enough...
    Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most...
    Options
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hamfast wrote: »
    I made a comment earlier (a joke, I admit) about having a slow and spotty dial-up and only having 2 weeks for the download to get the pet... needless to say, my game was up and running before I was.

But at this time we are monitoring a friend, here in the US, who started her download the same time most of us did, last report, after 2 days, she has hit 17% (it seems her ISP throttles downloads).

Makes my joke a bit less funny... can I please reserve the pet for my friend? at this point 2 weeks may not be enough...

That 17% should be a total update progress, not simply the initial 50 GB.
    There's the initial big download, following by "applying" it.
    Then another download much smaller, followed by applying that.
    Then IIRC a third smaller download, applying that, then done.
    So just look at the MB remaining instead of the percentage.
    The percentage really makes no sense to me used this way, but it's what we have.
    Options