The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, ZENIMAX. Healer kicked for "NOT HELPING WITH DPS"

Nyladreas
Nyladreas
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
WHAT THE *** ZENIMAX. YOU'VE MADE HEALERS SO OBSOLETE THAT NOW TOXIC ELITES DEMAND HEALERS TO SPAM JABS AND HAVE OTHER FORM OF CONTRIBUTION TO THE GROUP DPS.

I have just witnessed a close friend of mine get called out, insulted, disrespected and kicked from a dungeon, on their Templar, for (quote) "BEING AN INCONSIDERATE D-BAG, WASTING EVERYONE'S TIME BY BEING USELESS SPAMMING HEALS INSTEAD OF JABS. GO UNINSTALL OR GO PLAY A DIFFERENT GAME IF YOU WANT TO BE A LITTTLE GAY HEALSPAMMING Princess"

First off, my friend is new to the game, and secondly, my friend wants to be a healer and HEAL. Why should anybody force anyone to do a role they had not chosen to perform!? They haven't picked a DPS role for a reason! And third: What even was that cursing about ???

Look what you've done, Zenimax!!!

FOR ***'S SAKE!!! YOU'VE RUINED PVE HEALING TO THE POINT NEWBIES HAVE TO PUT UP WITH THIS *** ATTITUDE. YOU'VE RUINED HEALING TO THE POINTS ITS LITERALLY OBSOLETE. FIX IT!!!!!!!

I'M SO DONE.... /rant over
Edited by Nyladreas on February 5, 2020 12:06PM
  • Lamiai
    Lamiai
    ✭✭✭✭
    !!????...CAPLOCKSWITHBOLD FFS WTF??!!!!1 11122111
    R.I.P patch 1.5 ~ Never Forget.
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lamiai wrote: »
    !!????...CAPLOCKSWITHBOLD FFS WTF??!!!!1 11122111

Cause I'm mad beyond even my own imagination. The hell is wrong with these people????
  • siddique
    siddique
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oof. My eyes.
    "Knee-jerk reactionist."
    Lost Depths, 2015-2022.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Report and move on
  • IlCaccia
    IlCaccia
    ✭✭
    Dude chill lmao
    I'm the guy that claps when sees someone dueling
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Reason #30109340091321201 why I still won't use the new and improved group finder.
  • Lamiai
    Lamiai
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dunno mate, if a game is making you this mad then maybe take a time out or something, not worth the mental anguish.
    R.I.P patch 1.5 ~ Never Forget.
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You should have taken a screenshot and reported them for harassment. Such trash should not be part of the ESO community.

Healer's role is to heal and apply buffs, not contribute to DPS. If the DDs dps sucked, blaming the healer is not an excuse.
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    hah cant believe zenimax logged into the game as a player to diss ur friend

Seriously though. There is a lot to be said about how roles are doing, but I can promise you this: Nasty people will always find a reason to be nasty. No matter how well balanced the game is. Block and report. All you can do. Changing the game won't change these people and ZOS can't quite prevent this from happening -- only punish in the aftermath (and hopefully this passively prevent future incidents).

The healing issue and the toxic behavior issue are two separate things.
    Edited by Raisin on February 5, 2020 12:11PM
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You should have taken a screenshot and reported them for harassment. Such trash should not be part of the ESO community.

Healer's role is to heal and apply buffs, not contribute to DPS. If the DDs dps sucked, blaming the healer is not an excuse.

That still only solves our personal issue here though, and I infact do have a screenshot. I'm pretty sure more will come, seeing as healing has indeed become nearly useless.
  • andreasv
    andreasv
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I read this imagining Greta Thunberg yelling it at ZOS staff at a conference.
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    andreasv wrote: »

Lmao, thanks for lifting my mood up. Have an awesome.
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nyladreas wrote: »

That still only solves our personal issue here though, and I infact do have a screenshot. I'm pretty sure more will come, seeing as healing has indeed become nearly useless.

If you have a screenshot, report them. If you dont, they ll keep this attitude and harass other players.
  • siddique
    siddique
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also, as most dungeons don't need healers these days, a healer can always buff the dps and debuff the bosses. For example by dropping olo on group or using drain on the enemy.

I feel that is a very important role of a healer and should be appreciated even in FG1.
    "Knee-jerk reactionist."
    Lost Depths, 2015-2022.
  • Sorc
    Sorc
    ✭✭✭
    I was asked to do DPS with my tank...
    And about the attitude, I agree with @gatekeeper13. Report them or they will do it to others.
    Yeah well you know that's just like your opinion man
    - Evil baby Yoda
  • Chickenstein
    Chickenstein
    ✭✭✭✭

To be fair, buffing roles have never been a strong part of ESO at any time. I guess it's a side effect of classes not clearly tied to roles.
    Orc Harvester: It's about picking flowers and smashing things
  • Stebarnz
    Stebarnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    'Healer' role should be renamed 'support' to stop the misconception that all you do is heal.

That being said no body should be kicked and lipped at until advice and help is offered so they can fulfil the support role.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lesson from this:
    Don't. Do. PUGs!

Group with people that are not there for a speedrun, but who will appreciate the heals as they struggle through the dungeons!
    Guilds help!
  • d0e1ow
    d0e1ow
    ✭✭✭✭
    The group will always need DPS because the goal is to kill the enemies. If the group isn't taking damage, then that means there is no need for 3rd party healing. I get that your friend wants to play a healer. They can, and should, but much of the game is balanced around DPS'ing while the need for heals are low. Again, the group can always use more DPS, but can't always use more healing.

I don't particularly like it and prefer how in games like WoW healing was a far more focused role, but it's how the game is currently balanced here. When I play my Templar in low level stuff I almost never drop a heal and stay on Destro staff the entire time.

Still, they shouldn't have been so rude to your friend. Screw those people.
    "Her mystery was as essential to her as savagery was to Boethiah or treachery was to Molag Bal. To understand Nocturnal is to negate her, to pull back the curtains cloaking her realm of darkness." - Sigillah Parate "Invocation of Azura"

• Sorc
    Sorc
    ✭✭✭

To be fair, buffing roles have never been a strong part of ESO at any time. I guess it's a side effect of classes not clearly tied to roles.

If they die, they blame it on the tank/healer, if they don't die, they'll blame you for not going as quick as they want.
    It's a patience issue imo
    - Evil baby Yoda
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it is sad how in this game in most content bsides trials healer is mostly useless unless he will give great support, buffs to dps so dps is higher, if not...then sadly but healer is just useless in ESO and so much better is 3rd dd, more efficient
  • andreasv
    andreasv
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    andreasv wrote: »

Lmao, thanks for lifting my mood up. Have an awesome.

You're welcome :) Don't get too worked up over toxic players. Even if roles where clearly defined, there will always be people with their own version of how things should be. Just move on, and tell your friend about your positive experiences with other ESO players and then try again.
  • Sorc
    Sorc
    ✭✭✭
    Lesson from this:
    Don't. Do. PUGs!

Group with people that are not there for a speedrun, but who will appreciate the heals as they struggle through the dungeons!
    Guilds help!

Guilds don't make people nicer...and you can find decent people in PUGs
    - Evil baby Yoda
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorc wrote: »

If they die, they blame it on the tank/healer, if they don't die, they'll blame you for not going as quick as they want.

This^

The last time I pugged as a healer? I was applying Debuffs+Buffs+DPS+Heals and they still weren't happy because I wasn't DPSing like a DPS. Yet if I didn't apply heals or buffs, they also were unhappy. There's no pleasing someone with an ego to high-heaven. Any moment that I encounter even a SLIGHT modicum of that behavior, I leave. I don't care if I'm guaranteed a no-death vet complete. I log on to play. Not to kowtow to toxic personalities and I'm sure most can agree with that.
  • Zatox
    Zatox
    ✭✭✭✭
    competent group dont want to carry "HEALSPAMMING Princess". Looks fine to me, just a little bit rude.
  • Chickenstein
    Chickenstein
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stebarnz wrote: »
    'Healer' role should be renamed 'support' to stop the misconception that all you do is heal.

That being said no body should be kicked and lipped at until advice and help is offered so they can fulfil the support role.

I'm not quite sure if rude players start attacking the "Supporter" instead of the "Healer" would solve the underlying problem.
    Orc Harvester: It's about picking flowers and smashing things
  • MishMash
    MishMash
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know the OP was for PvE, but we've been seeing issues in PvP too, with the lack of healers lately. I think healers have always gotten a raw deal because they always get focused down and killed. I've been trying my best to be more aware of our PvP healers and help them in battle.

Can't believe someone would get so pissy about someone actually healing-- having a decent healer allows DPS to focus their rotation on DPS, so what is the problem? (facepalm)
    PC NA DC 4eva! I try my very best. If it is not good enough for you too bad! Playing off and on since April 2014 CP2009.
  • d0e1ow
    d0e1ow
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sephyr wrote: »
    Sorc wrote: »

This^

The last time I pugged as a healer? I was applying Debuffs+Buffs+DPS+Heals and they still weren't happy because I wasn't DPSing like a DPS. Yet if I didn't apply heals or buffs, they also were unhappy. There's no pleasing someone with an ego to high-heaven. Any moment that I encounter even a SLIGHT modicum of that behavior, I leave. I don't care if I'm guaranteed a no-death vet complete. I log on to play. Not to kowtow to toxic personalities and I'm sure most can agree with that.

A big problem lies with the design of the game itself though. If ZOS doesn't develop content that MAKES people needing healing, then people are going to put down people who go in with the restoration staff out. Compare it to WoW where a good priest or druid is treasured and praised for their skill at keeping the party alive. That's because the game is made so that a good healer can shine, and where healers are NECESSARY.

IMO ZOS is making a huge mistake by de-valuing healers and are breeding animosity in the community. They are going to drive right off the GW2 cliff if they aren't careful. Just a game of zergy DPS, where everyone's survival comes down to dodging one shot mechanics. If I make a healer, I'm doing it because I want to heal, not because I actually want to be playing my Stamblade.
    "Her mystery was as essential to her as savagery was to Boethiah or treachery was to Molag Bal. To understand Nocturnal is to negate her, to pull back the curtains cloaking her realm of darkness." - Sigillah Parate "Invocation of Azura"

• siddique
    siddique
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I main a dps but such nooblings should be told to deal with Z'maja in execute in vCR without a healer.
    "Knee-jerk reactionist."
    Lost Depths, 2015-2022.
  • Stebarnz
    Stebarnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stebarnz wrote: »

I'm not quite sure if rude players start attacking the "Supporter" instead of the "Healer" would solve the underlying problem.

In this situation there would be no attack as the person mentioned would be 'supporting' with hots, buffs, debuffs, emergency heals where needed and additional dps.

Why the attack came was just standing there spamming BoL where not needed providing nothing to the group efficiency.
    Edited by Stebarnz on February 5, 2020 12:29PM
This discussion has been closed.