Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773
We will be performing maintenance on the PTS on Wednesday at 3:00AM EDT (7:00 UTC).

Make jabs dodgable

ThePhantomThorn
ThePhantomThorn
✭✭✭✭
So. This isn’t a nerf thread. I’d just like to point something out and ask for a fix.
Why is a skill that deals an immense amount of damage in a small window, and snares undodgable? Like wut?
Also, burning light.
It should be dodgable.
Now yes yes l2p...
Except it’s not. If you play heavy or brp or whatever jabs just tickles. But as I’m playing nb I have no room for shuffle, I have low defense (outside of dodge) so jabs regularly hits me for 6k in nocp (against a goodish Templar) accompanied by 3k burning lights.
All undodgable.
Does that seem fine?
It’s the same with beam. That kind of damage shouldn’t be undodgable. It’s just not fair on med (who aren’t carried by brp)
Just pointing this out.
Edited by ThePhantomThorn on February 4, 2020 1:53PM
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jabs is an AoE and by ZOS standards, AoE'e aren't dodgable. And playing medium without shuffle is suicide and you should make room for shuffle over something else (unleas you're ganker).
    Options
  • NobleX35
    NobleX35
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is yet again...another l2p issue...you gotta stop with the templar nerf threads, its getting old. Jabs is fine.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war."
    Options
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Jabs is an AoE and by ZOS standards, AoE'e aren't dodgable. And playing medium without shuffle is suicide and you should make room for shuffle over something else (unleas you're ganker).

Well jabs do too much damage by aoe standards. Also, instead of what? Shade? Rally? Leeching? Nb has no room.
    NobleX35 wrote: »
    This is yet again...another l2p issue...you gotta stop with the templar nerf threads, its getting old. Jabs is fine.

Do you main either
    Brp dw?
    Templar
    petsorc
    Heavy armour
    Warden
    Dk
    Necro
    Because these classes have defence. Nb doesn’t.

Options
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well jabs do too much damage by aoe standards. Also, instead of what? Shade? Rally? Leeching? Nb has no room.

Do you main either
    Brp dw?
    Templar
    petsorc
    Heavy armour
    Warden
    Dk
    Necro

Stop being a ganker and switch to a battle nb you get more survivability. You can use heavy armor or medium with 2 heavy. Nb can be pretty tanky and guess what? You can even use brp dw too!

If you get killed because you build yourself to only gank players then it's a l2p issue when you get caught. You either play battle nb or you play magic nb or you play gankblade (super squishy unless you are good at hiding after coming out of stealth).
    Options
  • MusCanus
    MusCanus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They can make jabs behave like silver shards: single target ability that also deals damage to all enemies near the original target.
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously. Use something other than cloak and roll dodge or at least accept the shortcomings. And yes; change Rally for forward momentum use vigor and cloak. Use shadow image or spec some speed to get out of reach of the templar before cloaking. You keep whining about jabs and refuse to do what most others who play your class do outside the nooblets who want to just gank and spam cloak.
    Options
  • NobleX35
    NobleX35
    ✭✭✭✭

Do you main either
    Brp dw?
    Templar
    petsorc
    Heavy armour
    Warden
    Dk
    Necro

Any class can use brp dw...
    Any class can use heavy armor
    Any class can use medium armor + shuffle

You’re a NB, which has some of the best defensive skills in the game via cloak and shadow image. If you’re having trouble surviving make a better build.

Quit complaining because you decided to play a certain way and certain skills/builds counter your build/playstyle.

Again...l2p issue...
    Options
  • Rahar
    Rahar
    ✭✭✭✭

Shuffle isn't really as mandatory in this patch thanks to snare nerfs and speed stacking changes. If OP is playing without Shade, however... gg
    NeRf MaGsOrC
    Options
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My bars on my stamblade looks something in line with:

Frontbar:
    Relentless Focus
    Turn Evil/Camouflaged Hunter (flex spot)
    Rally
    Surprise Attack
    Executioner
    Incap

Backbar:
    Shade
    Cloak
    Shuffle
    Venom Arrow/Poison Injection
    Vigor
    Soul Siphon/Psijic Ultimate

I don't find leeching as a necessity, but we all have our personal preferences I guess.
    Options
  • CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So. This isn’t a nerf thread. I’d just like to point something out and ask for a fix.
    Why is a skill that deals an immense amount of damage in a small window, and snares undodgable? Like wut?
    Also, burning light.
    It should be dodgable.
    Now yes yes l2p...
    Except it’s not. If you play heavy or brp or whatever jabs just tickles. But as I’m playing nb I have no room for shuffle, I have low defense (outside of dodge) so jabs regularly hits me for 6k in nocp (against a goodish Templar) accompanied by 3k burning lights.
    All undodgable.
    Does that seem fine?
    It’s the same with beam. That kind of damage shouldn’t be undodgable. It’s just not fair on med (who aren’t carried by brp)
    Just pointing this out.

Aren't they removing the snare from jabs?
    Options
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably best not to bring up AoE standards unless you want jabs to adhere to them
    Options
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slot major evasion
    Options
  • Shaloknir
    Shaloknir
    ✭✭✭
    Also, burning light.
    It should be dodgable.
    Now yes yes l2p...
    All undodgable.
    Does that seem fine?
    Just pointing this out.

How many similar threads have you started? I guess some templar has dented your pride in battlegrounds. Try learning from your mistakes!
    Options
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love how you all assume I gank / don’t have shade.
    I run Ophidian venom, Spriggans, bloodspawn
    Bars
    rally
    relentless
    Camo / fear
    Surprise attack
    Executioner
    Incap

Cloak
    Leeching
    Shade
    Venom arrow
    Vigour
    Soul siphon

And sure. I’ll shade. Because I always have a shade up behind los.

Do you main either
    Brp dw?
    Templar
    petsorc
    Heavy armour
    Warden
    Dk
    Necro

You’re a NB, which has some of the best defensive skills in the game via cloak and shadow image. If you’re having trouble surviving make a better build.

Quit complaining because you decided to play a certain way and certain skills/builds counter your build/playstyle.

Again...l2p issue...

And brp is a carry set, heavy is not good on nb due to low damage, and I have no room on bars for shuffle.
    And you do know that cloak is instantly countered by jabs?
    I’ll complain until im not forced to use brp, heavy, or just play warden
    Options
  • NobleX35
    NobleX35
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bars
    rally
    relentless
    Camo / fear
    Surprise attack
    Executioner
    Incap

Cloak
    Leeching
    Shade
    Venom arrow
    Vigour
    Soul siphon

Do you main either
    Brp dw?
    Templar
    petsorc
    Heavy armour
    Warden
    Dk
    Necro

Again...l2p issue...

And brp is a carry set, heavy is not good on nb due to low damage, and I have no room on bars for shuffle.

Or...you know...you could just l2p!!!

Jabs has numerous counters. If you dont want to take the time to learn them, or invest in the tools that act as a counter, then you should be punished.

Quit asking for a trophy when you fail to adapt.
    Options
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bars
    rally
    relentless
    Camo / fear
    Surprise attack
    Executioner
    Incap

Cloak
    Leeching
    Shade
    Venom arrow
    Vigour
    Soul siphon

Do you main either
    Brp dw?
    Templar
    petsorc
    Heavy armour
    Warden
    Dk
    Necro

Again...l2p issue...

Jabs has numerous counters. If you dont want to take the time to learn them, or invest in the tools that act as a counter, then you should be punished.

Would you like to list those counters?
    Don’t worry I’ll do it :)
    Moving out of the way? Great!!
    Oh wait. 40% snare, gapcloser...
    Ok evasion. Great!!
    Oh wait. Not everyone can use it.
    Ok Block? Great!!
    I’ll use up 4x stam while I’m at it.

See my point?
    Options
  • Rahar
    Rahar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bars
    rally
    relentless
    Camo / fear
    Surprise attack
    Executioner
    Incap

Cloak
    Leeching
    Shade
    Venom arrow
    Vigour
    Soul siphon

Do you main either
    Brp dw?
    Templar
    petsorc
    Heavy armour
    Warden
    Dk
    Necro

Again...l2p issue...

[furious mashing of one key in the background] "just l2p bro lmao"

Man, I hate this argument.
    Bars
    rally
    relentless
    Camo / fear
    Surprise attack
    Executioner
    Incap

Cloak
    Leeching
    Shade
    Venom arrow
    Vigour
    Soul siphon

Do you main either
    Brp dw?
    Templar
    petsorc
    Heavy armour
    Warden
    Dk
    Necro

Again...l2p issue...

I assumed you did have Shade, but didn't want to dismiss the possibility. Anyhow, I think the problem lies with how bad NB is right now rather than how good Jabs is. Cloak is an all-or-nothing defensive skill that progressively starts to suck **** the more skilled your opponent becomes, and especially against Templars we get the short end of the stick. Maybe we should be asking for a buff to NB's defenses instead.
    NeRf MaGsOrC
    Options
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could always
    usakpv0dvbdm.gif
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
    Options
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rahar wrote: »
    Bars
    rally
    relentless
    Camo / fear
    Surprise attack
    Executioner
    Incap

Cloak
    Leeching
    Shade
    Venom arrow
    Vigour
    Soul siphon

Do you main either
    Brp dw?
    Templar
    petsorc
    Heavy armour
    Warden
    Dk
    Necro

Again...l2p issue...

[furious mashing of one key in the background] "just l2p bro lmao"

Man, I hate this argument.
    Bars
    rally
    relentless
    Camo / fear
    Surprise attack
    Executioner
    Incap

Cloak
    Leeching
    Shade
    Venom arrow
    Vigour
    Soul siphon

Do you main either
    Brp dw?
    Templar
    petsorc
    Heavy armour
    Warden
    Dk
    Necro

Again...l2p issue...

I assumed you did have Shade, but didn't want to dismiss the possibility. Anyhow, I think the problem lies with how bad NB is right now rather than how good Jabs is. Cloak is an all-or-nothing defensive skill that progressively starts to suck **** the more skilled your opponent becomes, and especially against Templars we get the short end of the stick. Maybe we should be asking for a buff to NB's defenses instead.

Hence asking for jabs to be dodgable. As it’s the only viable defense and jabs completely counters it.

A lot of people always stuck in the mindset of ‘l2p I’m right your wrong’
    At least you are respectful enough to see it from my perspective.
    I have a tendency to rebel against metas and any generalised mindset. And so everyone plays Templar and if anyone speaks our then it’s ‘l2p’
    I think most of the players in this thread and in this game (myself included) are so biased they can’t see the issues in their mains.
    Options
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Challenging the meta flexers are we? GL.
    Options
  • Freakin_Hytte
    Freakin_Hytte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove leeching then and put on shuffle, if you are a gankblade you don't need leeching. You barely need leeching even if you're not a gankblade, just do a heavy attack with you bow after you gone back to you shade.

It's your own fault for making yourself vulnerable to jabs, not putting evasion is your own fault and the argument that "there is no room for stamblades" is just wrong, it's you who don't want to make room for it and would rather cry about templars on the forum with constant nerf threads.
    Options
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Remove leeching then and put on shuffle, if you are a gankblade you don't need leeching. You barely need leeching even if you're not a gankblade, just do a heavy attack with you bow after you gone back to you shade.

It's your own fault for making yourself vulnerable to jabs, not putting evasion is your own fault and the argument that "there is no room for stamblades" is just wrong, it's you who don't want to make room for it and would rather cry about templars on the forum with constant nerf threads.

You NEED leeching for sustain in nocp especially. I have 2.3k recov (with a cost reduction glyph)
    And as a dodge roll build I need a lot of recov. Nb has a lot of skills that are required. For example while dk has battle roar and combustion for sustain, nb has to slot skills. Dk also has fracture on a dot. Nb has to slot yet another skill. Dk has a stun on its ult. nb has... you get the picture
    Options
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
    Options
  • NobleX35
    NobleX35
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bars
    rally
    relentless
    Camo / fear
    Surprise attack
    Executioner
    Incap

Cloak
    Leeching
    Shade
    Venom arrow
    Vigour
    Soul siphon

Do you main either
    Brp dw?
    Templar
    petsorc
    Heavy armour
    Warden
    Dk
    Necro

Again...l2p issue...

Ok evasion. Great!!
    Ok Block? Great!!

See my point?

Run shuffle/elude and get 25% mitigation...oh wait...you dont want to adapt
    Run elude and get major expedition...oh wait...you dont want to adapt
    Run shuffle or another snare removal and kite...oh wait...you dont want to adapt.
    Run brp dw and get major exp + 55% mitigation to jabs...oh wait...you dont want to adapt
    Learn how to side step jabs so you dont get hit by every tick...oh wait...you dont want to adapt
    Learn how to run/roll through the templar so you avoid even more ticks...oh wait...you dont want to adapt
    Use heavy armor/tankier build so you dont take as much damage in general...oh wait...you dont want to adapt
    Cast shade, move away from shade, teleport to shade when taking a lot of damage, cloak to reset fight...oh wait...you dont want to adapt

Need I go on, or is it starting to become clear that this is definitely a..........l2p issue!!!
    Options
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bars
    rally
    relentless
    Camo / fear
    Surprise attack
    Executioner
    Incap

Cloak
    Leeching
    Shade
    Venom arrow
    Vigour
    Soul siphon

Do you main either
    Brp dw?
    Templar
    petsorc
    Heavy armour
    Warden
    Dk
    Necro

Again...l2p issue...

Ok evasion. Great!!
    Ok Block? Great!!

See my point?

Run shuffle or another snare removal and kite...oh wait...you dont want to adapt.
    Run brp dw and get major exp + 55% mitigation to jabs...oh wait...you dont want to adapt
    Learn how to side step jabs so you dont get hit by every tick...oh wait...you dont want to adapt
    Learn how to run/roll through the templar so you avoid even more ticks...oh wait...you dont want to adapt
    Use heavy armor/tankier build so you dont take as much damage in general...oh wait...you dont want to adapt
    Cast shade, move away from shade, teleport to shade when taking a lot of damage, cloak to reset fight...oh wait...you dont want to adapt

Need I go on, or is it starting to become clear that this is definitely a..........l2p issue!!!

I don’t know how many times I have to repeat this
    I don’t have room for shuffle.
    Brp dw isn’t good on nb, I hate carry sets, and bow is mandatory.
    And a good Templar. Can. Always hit jabs.

And you’ve said it for your self. Run heavy / build tanky / brp

TANK
    META

So just because of one skill I have to rework my entire build.
    And that’s what I call op.
    Options
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    UppGRAYxDD wrote: »

I would like to refer you to the 1st line in my post 😁
    This is something I am pointing out
    Options
  • NobleX35
    NobleX35
    ✭✭✭✭
    And as a dodge roll build

The truth has finally been revealed!!!

There’s a counter to your build that you fail to account for/adapt to and cry for nerfs.
    Options
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    And as a dodge roll build

The truth has finally been revealed!!!

There’s a counter to your build that you fail to account for/adapt to and cry for nerfs.

So dodge roll builds aren’t viable. So because of a single skill a entire playstyle is dead.
    That’s op
    Options
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Actually jab only does more damage than most spammables because of burning light proc. If you remove burning light, jab isn't that noteworthy.
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

Options
  • NobleX35
    NobleX35
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bars
    rally
    relentless
    Camo / fear
    Surprise attack
    Executioner
    Incap

Cloak
    Leeching
    Shade
    Venom arrow
    Vigour
    Soul siphon

Do you main either
    Brp dw?
    Templar
    petsorc
    Heavy armour
    Warden
    Dk
    Necro

Again...l2p issue...

Ok evasion. Great!!
    Ok Block? Great!!

See my point?

I don’t know how many times I have to repeat this
    I don’t have room for shuffle.
    Brp dw isn’t good on nb, I hate carry sets, and bow is mandatory.
    And a good Templar. Can. Always hit jabs.

And you’ve said it for your self. Run heavy / build tanky / brp

TANK
    META

So just because of one skill I have to rework my entire build.
    And that’s what I call op.

Not using shuffle is a personal choice, not a mandatory one. You could make room, you choose not too. So because of your personal choice, a skill needs to be nerfed?

I listed several other ways to counter jabs other than just building tankier...you chose not to accept them because they dont fit your narrative.
    Options