The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Deadly strike set not boosting dot damage like it should

KingShocker
KingShocker
✭✭✭
Others may need to test this but my deadly strikes set is only increasing my dot damage by 12% like it used to not 20% like the new tooltip states. even weirder is my channeling skills (biting jabs in this case) is only getting a 2% bonus. I'll do some more testing when i get home and try to get some screenshots for you guys but if someone could test this as well, i'd appreciate it.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biting Jabs is no longer a DoT and should not get any bonus at all.
    Options
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deadly Strikes works like most other damage done % increases, they are all additive. So for example if you get 12% from Mighty CP, 23% from Thaumaturge CP, 5% from Minor Slayer and 8% from Minor Berserk then you are at 148% damage already. Add the 20% from Deadly Strike and it brings your multiplier to 148% + 20% = 168% (not 148% X 120% = 178% as you were expecting). The perceived increase is then 168% / 148% = 113.5% or effectively 13.5% damage from the set.

The only % bonuses that are multiplicative AFAIK are Bloodthirsty jewelry and scaling of execute skills.
    Options
  • KingShocker
    KingShocker
    ✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    Biting Jabs is no longer a DoT and should not get any bonus at all.

deadly strikes set it gives bonuses to channel skills in addition to dots. if it shouldn't get any bonus it's strange that it does in fact get a small one.
    Options
  • KingShocker
    KingShocker
    ✭✭✭
    Deadly Strikes works like most other damage done % increases, they are all additive. So for example if you get 12% from Mighty CP, 23% from Thaumaturge CP, 5% from Minor Slayer and 8% from Minor Berserk then you are at 148% damage already. Add the 20% from Deadly Strike and it brings your multiplier to 148% + 20% = 168% (not 148% X 120% = 178% as you were expecting). The perceived increase is then 168% / 148% = 113.5% or effectively 13.5% damage from the set.

The only % bonuses that are multiplicative AFAIK are Bloodthirsty jewelry and scaling of execute skills.

I'm aware. I was calculating for additive bonus and it still looks like 12%, I'll test it more later to be sure.
    Options
  • _Kaziel_
    _Kaziel_

I'm aware. I was calculating for additive bonus and it still looks like 12%, I'll test it more later to be sure.

So what were your findings?
    Options
  • Cortimi
    Cortimi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just tried this set and the tooltips DO change between having the 5th piece equipped or not (except for jabs, that remains the same), but the damage against dummies doesn't match. For example my jabs tooltip is 200 per "tick" lower with Deadly than with Bone Pirate's equipped, but on the dummy each tick with Deadly hits for about 100 more damage.
    Xbox NA: Soviet Messiah
    EP: Cortimi - Imperial StamDK
    EP: Melga - Orc StamDen (Dah Bear)
    EP: Narileya - Nord StamPlar (Mad cuz Bad)
    EP: Corvaera - Bosmer Orc StamSorc (RIP)

PS4 NA (Retired at CP835): Soviet-Messiah:
    EP: Cortimi - Imperial StamDK
    DC: Melga gra-Antilae - StamDen
    AD: Corvaera - Bosmer StamSorc
    Urvoth wrote: »
    CP is a crutch for people who can’t sustain and want to be "tanky" so they aren’t immediately punished for making mistakes.
    Options