The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.4 is available.
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ZOS' content rush

• Brandathorbel
    Brandathorbel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    one thing to add on thieves guild is it introduced the whole stealing, bounty ect system - i believe.

I do agree. Elswyer and dragonhold - content wise was pathetic and way overpriced for what you get. Greymoor looks like it could even be worse being that Elswyer at least had a new class.

They are trying to pass off the vampire change as part of the chapter when it comes to everyone. Antiquities better be huge (it won't be though)

I would be ok with this if they priced accordingly. Greymoor should be $20-30 max .
    Options
  • Anska
    Anska
    ✭✭✭
    Should never have mentioned the damn ladder, now that's all this thread is about :D

I was trying to make a point about the speed with which ZOS puts out content, and the declining quality this causes.
    Not simply/always declining quality though, but also in quantity.

X) The ladder is on you!

I understand what you mean though, while I am not sure if I see it as a decline just yet. Murkmire, in my opinion, had great content not only in quantity but also in quality. The whole Season of the Cat though ... felt a little unfinished to me, especially the Chapter proper. It didn't even have a proper intro video and a lot of the delves seemed to lack decoration to make them interesting to explore (nearly all of the catacombs feel very dull). I think, I even called it "rushed" myself at the time. Dragonhold otoh might not have been very large content-wise, but it felt much more coherent again.

So I guess, what I am trying to say with too many words is: That I have hopes that it was just a slouch and isn't a decline. If that makes sense.

Edited by Anska on January 29, 2020 10:53PM
    Options
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wise_Will wrote: »
    Hol' up, the entrance to Blackreach is a ladderr? what the AF.

Are we certain that is the main entrance, or just a shortcut one once you have found the main entrance?

I mean how would you do it differently? This game doesn't know elevators or stuff like that. There's always a blackout before you enter buildings etc. Why would this be any different?
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
    Options
  • luizpaulom17
    luizpaulom17
    ✭✭✭
    Lol they just Ctrl C Contrl V Blackreach from skyrim, with some minor changes and retextures hahahahahaha
    I mean, it was kind of expected since all the changes they had to make with game code and all...
    Though they kind of nerfed textures and gutted features and animations too during the so called performance improvments...
    But thats what Zos do basically, they recycle stuff
    Options
  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know if ZOS had a medical practice, and you came to them with a small infection in your finger, they'd amputate the whole hand.

LMAO spot on. Only the most pressing issues get addressed and those are changed 180° while stripping a whole playstyle.
    Options
  • Slimebrow
    Slimebrow
    ✭✭✭
    Wow really? Ladders? Considering in Skyrim there were elevators going down. Oooof I'm def not buying that...
    Options
  • Malthorne
    Malthorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A ladder in a basement leads to Blackreach??
    Epic. Lol
    Sorry OP 😃
    Edited by Malthorne on February 1, 2020 2:45AM
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bethesda and everything close to it stands for low quality.
    Everything they have ever done was low quality and low effort.

Elder Scrolls Blades is the same. Only recycles and half-hearted additions.
    It is only a cash company, without care and respect. ESO is the saddest example yet, however. Oh how I loved this game.
    It used to be THE game for me for years. Yet in recent years, I have barely played it anymore. I cried when I received the 6th anniversary badge recently...

The first few years have been so epic and astronomical.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
    Options
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's wait before this content actually gets live, shall we?

Because this is mostly a moaning. While Elsweyr had some locked houses, it was/is a very dynamic ground full of canyons, vistas and interesting places. Summerset again had mammoth buildings and city labyrinths. Hardly a "half-assed effort" as some claimed here. As for "new grounds", CWC is totally new, never before seen in any ES game and is just EPIC.

Just to remind some people here, ESO's The Vile Manse public dungeon also features a "ladder" to an underground, but what a groundbreaking and massive that public dungeon is! One of my favourites.

So, let's wait and see.
    Options
  • Brandathorbel
    Brandathorbel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maboleth wrote: »
    Let's wait before this content actually gets live, shall we?

Because this is mostly a moaning. While Elsweyr had some locked houses, it was/is a very dynamic ground full of canyons, vistas and interesting places. Summerset again had mammoth buildings and city labyrinths. Hardly a "half-assed effort" as some claimed here. As for "new grounds", CWC is totally new, never before seen in any ES game and is just EPIC.

Just to remind some people here, ESO's The Vile Manse public dungeon also features a "ladder" to an underground, but what a groundbreaking and massive that public dungeon is! One of my favourites.

So, let's wait and see.

the actual land , great, but the content as in how much content to keep you busy was half assed. It took 2.5 hours to finish the full quest line and only about 4.5-5 hours to finish all the quests and content in it. Yes, that is half assed
    Options
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »
    ZOS has recently started work on a new project and it seems that the majority of the team was moved to this project. According to one of the Community Ambassadors who has visited ZOS's HQ for some event, there are 60 people working on ESO. 60 people. Total.

This is the very definition of maintenance mode. A skeleton crew will keep the lights going and will slowly finish up and release very safe and generic content they had pre-planned before. They just don't have the capacity to do anything fancy and exciting.

Good luck for ZoS, because ESO fam will never trust ZOS again. Same for Fallout 76.
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
    Options