The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How to Have Fun and Make Friends While Stress-Testing the Undaunted Celebration! Jan 9-13th

VaranisArano
VaranisArano
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
How to Have Fun and Make Friends while Stress-Testing the Undaunted Celebration!

Alright, we're gonna try this one again! Hopefully it goes better this time with minimal casualties amongst the PC/EU server hamsters. Or any server hamsters, for that matter.

If it doesn't and the stress test turns out to be more stress than the Groupfinder/Servers can handle, I'll be keeping an eye on the Dev Tracker and the Update thread here for ZOS' future plans: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/501838/update-on-undaunted-event#latest

For Event Rewards and the like, check out the following sources:
Official Announcement: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/57253
Official Discussion Thread: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/501670/official-discussion-thread-for-earn-new-rewards-glory-during-the-undaunted-celebration/p1
Other Info:
You don't need to use the activity finder. The Event Tickets and rewards are tied to the final boss of a dungeon, so you can use the LFG, walk up to a dungeon, port to your friends, etc. all that matters is that you kill that final boss.
Both Normal and Veteran will count.
Event Tickets: you can acquire up 3 Event Tickets per day per account from the first time you slay the final boss of any dungeon. Make sure you have 9 or less tickets before you get in the dungeon!

This guide is geared towards players looking at this event going “I have to run a group dungeon? How do I group dungeon?” or players looking for ways to chill out and remember it’s just a game.

To New Players and Players New to Group Finder:
We’re not all jerks, I promise! Find a role that you like to do, ask if you need help, and try to have fun.

To Experienced Players who can run dungeons in our sleep and probably solo half of them:
Don’t be a jerk. That’s pretty simple, right? Just don’t be a jerk.

Ways to Run Group Dungeons:
  1. Solo - With decent DPS and good self-healing, you can solo most normal dungeons. If you've never tried soloing a dungeon before, start easy with Fungal Grotto 1 and move on to harder ones from there.
  2. Groupfinder - Groupfinder will ask you to pick one role: Tank, Healer, or Damage Dealer. Your group will have 1 Tank, 1 Healer, and 2 Damage Dealers. Groupfinder can also be used to replace a group member who has left or been kicked from group. Groupfinder lets you pick Specific or Random dungeons, and "Random" will pick from any unlocked dungeon based on your level/CP.
  3. Zone Chat LFG - In zone chat, you can join or start groups by typing "LFG for [role] for normal/vet [dungeon]". So a group forming up for veteran Darkshade Caverns 1 might type "Need tank for vet Darkshade 1" or a tank might type "Tank LFG for random dungeon."
  4. Guild LFG - Pretty much the same as zone chat, except with your guildmates. Guilds may or may not have voice comms available like Discord or Teamspeak.

There are benefits and drawbacks to all these methods. Solo runs let you complete the dungeon at your own pace, but you have to deal with all of the boss mechanics on your own. With pre-made groups in zone chat and guild chat, you can run groups that don't match the 1 Tank/1Healer/2DD roles of the groupfinder, but you often have to wait and search for people to fill those roles. With Groupfinder, you can do other things while waiting for your queue to pop, but your teammates are random people who may or may not fit their stated role.

If Groupfinder isn't working, as has unfortunately been the case the last couple years, you still have three options for doing your dungeon: travel manually or port to friends into your dungeon either solo, guild LFG or zone LFG.
If the servers themselves aren't working, like what happened last time, there's no good solution. Report it to ZOS and hope they can fix it without cancelling the event again? I dunno, I just hope everything works out okay!

Before you get in your Group
There are three roles: Tank, Healer, and Damage Dealer. In your group menu, choose the role that fits what you can do. (I’ll go over the basics of each role later.)
Bring what you need to succeed: potions, food/drink, armor repair kits, soul gems
Bring a positive attitude, or if you can’t, at least try not to pass a bad mood on to your teammates.
Be patient. Tanks and Healers have the fastest queues because there are less of them. If you are considering queuing as a tank or healer even though you aren't really built like a tank or healer for the faster queue time, check the role descriptions below and make sure you can fill the basic job of that role. If you can, go for it. If you can't, don't, or queue with a pre-made group who doesn't need someone to fill that role.

Once in the dungeon, its nice to:
  • Say hi
  • Ask if anyone needs the quest/gear
  • If you need the quest/gear, speak up. Most groups will wait for you. If someone needs the quest, its really nice to wait for them during dialogue.
  • Stick together. This is a group dungeon and its polite to let the whole group do the dungeon. I know rushing ahead gets it done quicker, but its really annoying to the people left behind or stamina players who have to spend fighting resources to keep up with the pace.
  • At the end, say "Thanks for group" or something nice like that. Thankfully, you now have two minutes after the group disbands before everyone gets kicked out of the instance, so you no longer have to worry about the game kicking people before they turn in their quest.

Kicking and/or Leaving
So, you’ve gotten your daily random dungeon, but it’s a hard one. It’s going to take longer than you want and you’ve dungeons to grind. Nope! Hitting the leave button right now! It’d be polite to give you group a nice “Hey, guys, sorry, I’m out. Good luck!”
More unfortunately, there are some people who approach it like this: So, you’ve gotten your daily random dungeon, it’s a hard one, and what’s this! Someone of a lower level or lower CP than I think can complete this dungeon? KICK HIM before he ruins the dungeon run. (Not only is that pretty rude, most experienced players know that level is not necessarily indicative of ability, and many low level/CP players do just fine in hard dungeons.)
Both of these are going to be common during the event (along with complaints about the 15-minute timer on re-queuing for group dungeons). If someone leaves your group, you can use group finder again to fill the missing role in your group or simply carry on without them. As long as you haven’t killed the final boss, the new member will simply complete the dungeon with you and get credit like the rest of you.
Kicking people is a stickier situation. For an event like this, when everyone in game is going to be in random dungeons, if you can’t handle having a lower level player or low CP in your dungeon, for Arkay’s sake queue for a random dungeon in a premade group. In an event like this, random is random, and you are agreeing to do your best to make that group work. If you can’t or won’t, queue as a premade group with members that meet your expectations. Don’t be a jerk to players who don’t when you agreed to run with random players.
When to kick? I don’t like kicking players, period, but it’s pretty justified under two circumstances: Jerkish behavior and incompetence on a serious level. Jerks are no fun to play with, so why let them waste your time? Similarly, incompetence that prevents your group from being able to complete the dungeon is wasting your time. Now, I’m generally in favor of teaching players when I think ignorance is the problem. I’ll also put up with certain levels of incompetence that don’t derail the dungeon run, like a tank who’s really a DPS and won’t run a taunt but the group is able to carry them. Other people won’t accept that level of incompetence. (If you are worried that you'll be the incompetent once, check out the roles below and/or run specific dungeons you are comfortable with.)

So how to be competent at your role?

Tank
A tank’s most basic job is to hold boss aggro, use a taunt, and don’t die.
A good tank holds boss aggro, uses a taunt, doesn’t die, holds the boss more or less still, debuffs the boss, buffs the group, and provides crowd control.
Any class can be a good tank because they’ve all got skills that can cover those jobs.

Let’s talk taunts. If you are queued as a tank in the group finder, USE A TAUNT. There are four taunts in the game, all of them single-target (though starting a fight with AOE is a good way to grab the attention of mobs). If you don't have a taunt or aren't using one, its pretty obvious when the boss is in everyone's face but yours. So use a taunt.
  • Puncture -> One hand and Shield skill. A melee taunt. The Pierce Armor morph gives both Major Fracture and Major Breach, which are potent debuffs
  • Inner Fire -> Undaunted skill. A ranged taunt with a magicka and stamina morph.
  • Ice Staff Heavy Attack -> Destruction Staff passive Tri-focus. With ranks in Tri-focus, the ice staff heavy attack becomes a taunt.
  • Tormentor set -> 5th piece gear bonus, on a charge, the enemy is taunted.

Why be a tank?
A good tank brings order to the chaos, holding the trash mobs more or less together so that the DDs can mow them down, holding the boss in place so that DDs can focus on damage, and keeping the heavy hits focused away from the squishier members of the party.

Healer
A healer’s most basic job is to keep the party alive and stay alive. Physician, heal thyself and all that.
A good healer keeps themselves and the party alive and healthy, buffs the group, helps with sustaining resources, and does some DPS when they aren’t focused on healing.

Sources of group healing
Any class can be a healer. Templars and Wardens have a ton of healing available through class skills. Sorcerers have the burst heal from the Twilight Matriarch pet. I’m not as familiar with Nightblade, Necromancer, or Dragonknight healers, but any class can be good healers.
Restoration Staff: The Restoration Staff has a ton of great healing abilities that mesh well with class skills in order to keep your group healed. Some skills, like Combat Prayer, will also buff the group.
Other useful skills:
Elemental Drain -> Destruction Staff, restores magicka
Necrotic Orbs -> Undaunted, restores magicka or stamina to group members with the synergy

Why be a healer?
Healers are the awesome, essential support players who keep their party in top notch fighting form. Healers make it easier for everyone to focus on their jobs. Healers can also make or break a party. Never annoy your healer. Funny comic to that effect:
Damage Dealer/DPS
The basic job of a DD is to do damage to the boss and other enemies in the dungeon.
A good DD uses a rotation with both damage over time skills (DOTs) and single target abilities for max DPS, uses AOE skills to kill mobs quickly, gets out of the way of environmental damage or big boss hits, and resurrects fallen teammates.

Tips for Damage Dealers
  • Know your DPS – this is a good indicator of what level of content you should be trying. You can find out your sustained DPS on a target dummy on any platform or with add-ons for PC. The lower your DPS, the more you want to stick to Normal dungeons. In my experience (and others' will vary) most veteran dungeons can be completed with 15-20k DPS, but comfortable clears will take higher DPS. Most normal dungeons can easily be done with 5-10k DPS, and nearly every build/level can pull that much DPS with a little practice. DLC dungeons typically require the higher end of that DPS and require some awareness of mechanics even on normal difficulty - if you don't know what to do, ASK!
  • Practice your rotation – having high DPS is a matter of practice combining your DOTs with single target abilities. For Stamina users, you’ll often see DPS using a bow back bar. For Magicka users, you’ll often see a destruction staff for Elemental Blockade.
  • If you struggle with trash mobs, use area of effect (AOE) abilities to hit multiple targets.
  • If you struggle with bosses, figure out your problem. Running out of resources? Look at improving sustain with recovery glyphs or more heavy attacks. Dying? Try to roll dodge out of big attacks or stay in front of your healer so they can watch your health bar. Boss mechanics doing you in? Ask your group members for advice. Can’t do enough damage? Practice your rotation or level up better skills.
  • Please, use a food/drink that helps you with your stats or sustain. You will find that having a food/drink buff makes your life so much easier.
  • Don’t use a TAUNT. Seriously, go review the list of taunts in the Tank section. See those? Don’t use them. It annoys the tank to no end and the tank might end up saying, ”You taunt it? You tank it.” And now you have to deal with the boss in your face.

Finally, be aware of your surroundings. DDs are usually the squishiest members of the party, and while your healer is frantically trying to make sure you stay alive and you probably have a self-heal of your own to pick up the slack, DDs are the most vulnerable to “standing in stupid.” If there’s an environmental hazard or a big boss aoe coming, don’t stand and take it. Get out! It’ll make your healer happy, and your teammates won’t think you’re an idiot who stands in stupid.

Why be a damage dealer?
Good DDs mow down enemies like a lawnmower cutting down grass. Its an awesome feeling to slaughter all enemies foolish enough to stand up to your group. And downing a difficult boss despite everything he can throw at you...well, damage dealing is all about having the highest damage and killing things as quickly as you can. When you do it right, its incredibly satisfying.

General Dungeon Tips
  • Normal Dungeons are considerably easier than Veteran Dungeons. The mechanics are much more forgiving and the DPS required for an easy run is much lower. If you are new to dungeons, have low DPS, or just want fairly quick runs since you’ve got style pages to grind for, Normal Dungeons are your friend.
  • With Clockwork City, ZOS changed the group finder level requirements to better reflect dungeon difficulty. All veteran DLC dungeons unlock at CP 300. With the Level Up Advisor, normal dungeons unlock progressively before that. So, seriously, there’s not really an excuse anymore for kicking lower level/lower CP players anymore.
  • Respect the boss mechanics. Some of them are ignorable on Normal, some are not. Most require respect on Veteran. If you don’t know the fight, ask your group mates.
  • Remember that the Daily Random Dungeon in NOT the Daily Random Quick ‘N Easy Dungeon. Sometimes you’ll get harder dungeons if you use the Random option for Groupfinder during the event. Use the settings for "Specific Dungeons" if you only want easy ones.
  • It’s a group dungeon. While most of these can be soloed, this event is all about doing the dungeon as a group. Dungeons are a lot more fun when you stick together and complete them as a group. “But its more fun for me when I complete it quickly!” I hear the showboat DPS say. You are one person of four in the dungeon. If you want a speedrun, ask the group if that’s okay and if it is, go for it. Just be courteous – its no fun for the other people to be trailing in your wake, especially if someone's trying to quest.
  • Be patient. Tanks and healers have the fastest queue times. DDs have to wait because there are more DDs. If you are considering queuing for the tank or healer role to get into dungeons quicker, double check the basic job of a tank, healer, and DPS. If you can meet those, go for it. If you can’t, don’t or queue with a premade group who you know can handle it.
  • Pre-made groups from zone or guild chat are the best if you A. want to run in a combination of roles that isn’t tank/healer/DD/DD. You can run dungeons in any combo you want to, but the best way to do that is in a pre-made group. B. if you have requirements for players beyond that they meet the basic job they queued for. If you want shards from a healer, queue in a pre-made with a templar. If you want 20k DPS from your damage dealer, queue in a premade with a friend, and so on.
  • Don’t be afraid to research dungeons ahead of time or ask about boss mechanics. There are a ton of guides on the forums and Youtube for the different dungeons. I’m always happy to explain a boss’ mechanics, and I’m sure most players would rather take a moment to explain what to look for rather than spend that amount of time rezzing your dead body because you couldn’t know any better. Research isn’t necessary, but if you are really nervous about jumping into dungeons, guides might help.

Tips for Soloing Dungeons
Whether because you want the challenge, don't want to play with others, or just want to earn your tickets on your own terms, soloing group dungeons is a viable way to get your event rewards.
You will need:
Good self-heals and survivability (You basically get to play your own tank/healer)
Good AOE damage for mobs
Good single target damage for bosses - I'd recommend lots of DOTs if the CCs are shutting you down a lot.
  • Be prepared to deal with all the mechanics yourself - those bosses have a lot of CCs when they only have one player to target.
  • Its best to start off with the easiest normal dungeons (Fungal Grotto 1, Spindleclutch 1, etc.) and work your way up from there.
  • If you can solo a base game public dungeon, you can handle the mobs in a normal group dungeon.
  • If you can solo a base game world boss, you can handle the bosses in a normal group dungeon. Nor do you need a ton of DPS as long as you can stay alive and keep your DOTs on the boss.

How Do I Get My Event Tickets Easily?
Run an easy dungeon - Fungal Grotto 1, Spindleclutch 1, and Banished Cells 1 are the easiest dungeons. Run Solo, travel there manually, or use the option for Specific Dungeons.
Use the Random Dungeon option with a low level character - dungeons start unlocking progressively for low level characters, so if there is a low-level character in your group or you are leveling one, you will always get an easier dungeon.

Overall, chill out. Relax. Have fun. It’s a game. Be courteous to your fellow random group members. Be generous with new players. Be patient in queue and make sure you can do the basic job of whatever role you queue for. Use premade groups if you want different combinations of roles or have special requirements.

Feel free to chime in with things I missed, got wrong, or need to correct! If you have advice you want to add, or especially good guides for dungeons, feel free to add your thoughts. Please do keep comments constructive since we’ll have everyone from experienced players with maxed CP to brand new level 10s jumping into group dungeons during the event. The aim for this event is for players to get into group dungeons, not leave with impression that groupfinder is full of jerks or be scared of group dungeons. Stay positive and welcoming.

Thanks for reading!
(And here's hoping the Event works properly for everyone!)

Undaunted! Undaunted!
Edited by VaranisArano on January 9, 2020 12:31AM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm really, really hoping this event and this thread lasts longer than the last one.

But if it doesn't, let me offer up this little ditty for all those awaiting the Undaunted Stress Test with a certain amount of stress.

Who knows no fear of login queues?
    Undaunted, Undaunted!
    Who knows no fear of loading screens?
    We are Undaunted!
    Who knows no fear to crash? To lag?
    Undaunted, Undaunted! We are Undaunted!

(To be sung ironically or from the pits of drunken despair.)
    Edited by VaranisArano on January 9, 2020 12:34AM
    Options
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm sure it's just gonna burn tbh, last time it lasted a whopping three hours
    Options
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @VaranisArano Great post.
    Options
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @VaranisArano thanks for another wonderfully relevant, easy to read and helpful guide!
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
    Options
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How it will more likely play out in most groups:

FG1 -> Ignore everyone -> Run ahead -> Drag all trash -> Kill bosses -> Skip bosses -> Kill Final boss -> Leave.
    Options
  • amapola76
    amapola76
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will just say that I encourage people who have not tried this event before to give it a whirl. I am very much a solo player most of the time, but after skipping the event for a couple of years, I finally tried it last year and enjoyed it *much* more than I thought I would. I tend to be healer-oriented, and had the epiphany shortly before the event last year that even when soloing, I feel a pull to heal other random players, and got pleasure and fulfillment from doing so, whether jumping in on a WB or dolmen, or just passing by questing strangers who seemed to be in trouble. So I thought, why not try out some group content? And aside from a few toxic players, the vast majority of the experience was a lot of fun.

Now, that being said, I didn't suddenly start hanging out in dungeon finder all the time, and I'm still mostly a solo player. We are who we are. But doing something completely different than usual really freshened up the game experience for me, and gave me a renewed burst of interest in the game as a whole.

It was also nice to realize that while I was not even remotely a dungeon MVP or the greatest healer of all time, I did mostly manage to hold my own and not flail about as badly as I had feared! I stayed alive, my groups stayed alive (whether attributable to me or not, lol), and we made it through to the end, every time. I also picked up a few good tips from more experienced players that have been useful to me even outside of group content. (Let me also add that if you feel like someone is ignoring your advice, they may just be not coordinated enough to both respond to you in the moment AND keep up with the flurry of activity... but some of those seeds you're planting do bloom!)

So, thanks to OP for posting this PSA, and good luck to everyone over the next few days!
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    karekiz wrote: »

FG1 -> Ignore everyone -> Run ahead -> Drag all trash -> Kill bosses -> Skip bosses -> Kill Final boss -> Leave.

Pretty much.

For any player who doesn't know about the shortcut in Fungal Grotto 1:
    You'll fight the first two goblin bosses, then there's a waterfall right before you engage the first dreugh.
    Hop down the waterfall and swim following the river to the right. There's a spot by one of the bridges near the final boss area where you can jump up the rock wall and out onto land again, enabling you to skip right to the final Dreugh King boss.

So if your group jumps off the waterfall, that's why. You should probably follow them so you don't miss out on the final boss fight.
    Options
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great & informative post and i am sure many will find some good tips on it.

I am quite sure it took a few hours to write and edit that. Posts like this make the forum a better place and feels good to read other stuff than just random nerf requests.

9GDrKsj.jpg

Big thanks to you! :)

Edited by Moonsorrow on January 9, 2020 3:49AM
    Options
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great post... reminds us that we don’t have to be *** in dungeons.

Remember that we’ll get the exact same main daily reward box for doing any dungeon final boss. So there’s no reason to be doing dungeons that are beyond your capability. And no reason to get stressed or mad at one another.

One thing that is worth considering with questing is that players can only do it once on a character and running ahead of them can ruin cutscenes and dialogue points. And for some players, the quest isn’t simply about the skill point at the end, it’s about the story.

If we want to go farming, let’s put together groups ourselves beforehand. That way everyone’s ready for a sprint and slay.

Most importantly, for the 4 days of the event, let’s all have fun in dungeons
    Options
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Well we have quite a few new players in our guild (Complete Souls) and I’m hoping they will want to take time and enjoy the great graphics and storylines in some of the dungeons. Most of our guild officers will be assisting offering help for many of the runs. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that the group finder will not be a issue this time around :)

Options
  • rollingphoneseb17_ESO
    How about y'all soft scrubs not get in the way of the gods and simply not use the LFG?
    Options
  • Zatox
    Zatox
    ✭✭✭✭
    When someone needs a quest and he asks you to not skip everything

imgflip-com-not-quite-my-tempo-17013317.png
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zatox wrote: »
    When someone needs a quest and he asks you to not skip everything

imgflip-com-not-quite-my-tempo-17013317.png

This made me think of a music joke. :)

Q: How many conductors does it take to screw in a light bulb?
    A: No one knows, no one ever looks at him.
    Options
  • BisDasBlutGefriert
    BisDasBlutGefriert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very awesome guide for those who are learning their roles or trying out the event for the first time!!! Thank you for putting the time into building this good read!!

Only thing that I didn't see in it was suggestions for which add-ons to get that would help newer players in the dungeons, or with the event. Like Advanced UI for example.

~There’s a positive in every negative. Sometimes the positive is harder to find than other times, but there is ALWAYS one there~
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very awesome guide for those who are learning their roles or trying out the event for the first time!!! Thank you for putting the time into building this good read!!

Only thing that I didn't see in it was suggestions for which add-ons to get that would help newer players in the dungeons, or with the event. Like Advanced UI for example.

Addons are a PC-only thing and tend to be personal preference, so I don't know that I can give more than my personal recommendations.

Here are the three main ones I use, with the caveat that I usually play as a tank in dungeons.

For knowing your own DPS: Combat Metrics
    (There's really no better addon for finding out how much DPS you are going in each fight. You can also see the total group DPS and your part of it.)

For knowing where your group members are at a glance: Votan's Mini Map
    (I regularly tank, so I'm usually in the front of group. The mini map is perfect for making sure my group is following....or finding out that somebody is hanging back to listen to quest dialogue.)

For tanks who want to keep track of the taunts and the time remaining on each target: Untaunted
    (There are probably other addons that do this, but Untaunted is the one I found that I like.)
    Options
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Great post @VaranisArano :) Thanks for sharing this!
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome. Just going to solo. Edit: nevermind. Not sure if I actually want anything from the ticket vendor. Unless it's also like the previous undaunted events? Where we got a chance for all sorts of goodies/costumes/collectables. Is it just the monster sets?
    Edited by Nord_Raseri on January 9, 2020 4:53PM
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
    Options
  • Bekkael
    Bekkael
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep. I can't believe it. I was trying to help out the poor lost level 12 player, and the tank jumps the waterfall and leaves the 3 of us behind. He killed the boss by himself, and by the time we got there....no tickets for the 3 of us. *sigh*

Now I remember why I hate group activities in this game. :angry:
    ~~ Lady Gamer ~~ ♥ ~~ Xbox NA ~~
    Options
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bekkael wrote: »

Yep. I can't believe it. I was trying to help out the poor lost level 12 player, and the tank jumps the waterfall and leaves the 3 of us behind. He killed the boss by himself, and by the time we got there....no tickets for the 3 of us. *sigh*

I had another experience, i finally got around to leveling a proper sorc tank. And i keep getting those ice staff heavy attackers. It is driving me mad. Srsly. I dont care if my dps is 40% of group's anymore, stop, overtaunting, the god-damn, boss. Plz. Stop.
    Edited by zvavi on January 9, 2020 5:50PM
    Options
  • mareeelb16_ESO
    mareeelb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I love that there are people like you Varanis who selflessly put in so much time to helping others out...

...and you inject just the right dose of humour :D

Thank you :)<3
    Options
  • Bekkael
    Bekkael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @zvavi Yeah, I never use an ice staff, especially not in a group dungeon for that very reason.

Well, the next group I got were mostly low levels and all lovely people. We did 2 dungeons together, I got my tickets and everything is hunky dory. Now I'm all set until tomorrow. :smile:
    Options
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @zvavi Yeah, I never use an ice staff, especially not in a group dungeon for that very reason.

Well, the next group I got were mostly low levels and all lovely people. We did 2 dungeons together, I got my tickets and everything is hunky dory. Now I'm all set until tomorrow. :smile:

My problem is not with people that use ice staff, my problem is with people that dont stop doing that after being asked to. 2/3 in the last 24 hours.
    Options
  • tanek
    tanek
    ✭✭✭
    Hello. I was going to jump in on this event tonight with a couple of friends. One of them had said public dungeons would count, but I was thinking only the instanced private group ones would.

Can anyone clear it up? Thanks!

Edit: Also, when is the reset time for getting tickets? Some other events listed it as 2 or 3am Eastern, but I think I missed it in the announcement for this one.
    Edited by tanek on January 9, 2020 7:26PM
    Options
  • Bekkael
    Bekkael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »

My problem is not with people that use ice staff, my problem is with people that dont stop doing that after being asked to. 2/3 in the last 24 hours.

They either don't understand how the game works ( ice staff taunts), or they are jerks. :(
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good OP and hopefully players heed it.,

As someone who is critical of how Zos has handled this since they ignored it for a year before finally acknowledging what we had been telling them I think it is important to acknowledge that this is a stress test. So hopefully it proves Zos finally got the job done and the weekend goes without much to hinder us.

While OP probably touched on this, if you plan to do a 4 man dungeon with 4 players I suggest you form up ahead of time. Especially if you are dps. It does behoove all of us to preform our group and it is very simple and easy to do. It permits us to get the group we want vs random player and for dps it ensure they are not waiting for support roles to get the ball rolling.
    Options
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tanek wrote: »
    Hello. I was going to jump in on this event tonight with a couple of friends. One of them had said public dungeons would count, but I was thinking only the instanced private group ones would.

Group dungeons
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
    Options
  • unchainedzulu
    unchainedzulu
    ✭✭✭

is it still possible to 'vote to kick' a member in this circumstance?
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Edit: Also, when is the reset time for getting tickets? Some other events listed it as 2 or 3am Eastern, but I think I missed it in the announcement for this one.

Group dungeons (non-public) only and 1am EST.
    Options
  • tanek
    tanek
    ✭✭✭

Group dungeons

Group dungeons (non-public) only and 1am EST.

Good luck with the event, all.
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome. Just going to solo. Edit: nevermind. Not sure if I actually want anything from the ticket vendor. Unless it's also like the previous undaunted events? Where we got a chance for all sorts of goodies/costumes/collectables. Is it just the monster sets?

Sorry, I missed this question yesterday. Unlike previous Undaunted events, there is no "jackpot" in the rewards. On the Official Discussion thread, ZOS_SarahHecker confirmed that they switched up the rewards.

So the big rewards are the monster helm/weapon pages. The houses, mounts, and costumes from past years are not included.
    Options