Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Poll: Which is your main class? (2020)

Seraphayel
Seraphayel
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
The title says it all.

Which is your main class and why did you pick it? Share your story with us!
PS5
EU
Aldmeri Dominion
- Khajiit Arcanist -

Poll: Which is your main class? (2020) 352 votes

Dragon Knight
14%
TheWhitePhoenixSavos_SarenDRTEDrachenfierArcVelarianJack-0ReverbTankHealz2015VevvevLupusdiabolusRobDaCoolDaimmyoSomewhereBananaSpiderKnightValykcred_emurudvilJ18696Fjorynn 50 votes
Necromancer
9%
daryl.rasmusenb14_ESOrager82b14_ESOeovogtb16_ESODaemonaiJoanOfOrcNyghthowlerEdaphonQUEZ420FermianSibeniceJackSmirkingRevengeSshadowSscalevestahlsLukosCreydenToanisTelvanniWizardAWinterWolfRevokusMichaelkeirMixith 34 votes
Nightblade
19%
MisterBigglesworthGlassHalfFullIruil_ESOSantieClawsixieaubrey.baconb16_ESOKhenarthiSoupDragontonne.backlinderb16_ESOSimen.askeland89b16_ESOjimijac0mestarlizard70ub17_ESOxenowarrior92eb17_ESOfalcasternub18_ESOSalamanNZAndratteRi_KhanJoosef_KivikilpiGarishVulsahdaal 70 votes
Sorcerer
22%
AzureButterflychuck-18_ESOhuntgod_ESOkoekie1991b16_ESOanitajoneb17_ESOLarsSPsychopoteTERAB1TCloudtraderMasterSpatulaAsysElf_BoyLolindaagegartoncyclonus11ListerJMCVaranaRaghulseipher09GERMANO-THE-IMPERIAL 78 votes
Templar
19%
AlomarKensei_ESOwayfarerxvailjohn_ESOcrimeanerevar928b14_ESOxaraanCyberOnEsoDanikatDTStormfoxRadianceTanis-StormbinderSFxxKANExxj3crowShaloknirCendrillion21EdziusvartornSorisValin96WldKarde 70 votes
Warden
14%
theyanceyssewallb14_ESOAelorinJaisnSapphire_LilyIthilisphilips666_18b16_ESOAlisyraJenziCaffeinatedMayhemInaMoonlightJuzzkollege14a5Easily_LostFreakin_HytteRunefangSivhanaMLGProPlayerKurtAngle2Tigerseye 50 votes
  • Mixith
    Mixith
    ✭✭✭
    Necromancer
    When i started playing i really enjoyed Nightblade and i still do but after a while i wanted to try out something different. I ended up making a Necromancer healer when the class came out, i have mostly done quest content with it so far but i am starting to look into trials. I also ended up taking a rather long break after finishing the Northern Elsweyr story line as i was experiencing ridiculous performance issues at the time.
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    I may have 13 current characters but they are of all classes and attributes, so no 'main class' there.
    My main character is a sorcerer because my very first ESO character (who doesn't exist anymore) was a DK. I wanted to try something else with character No. 2, so ... I just picked some non-DK class and rolled with it.
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MagDK.
    Pre-One Tamriel, I wanted to play a Dunmer. Dunmer meant fire, and fire meant Dragonknight.

So I grabbed a sword and shield and proceeding to tank my way through the quests in the company of my SO's squishy Argonian Nightblade like we were playing Skyrim With Friends.

We were probably among the least effective builds ever. No food buffs. Me in heavy armor. I could take damage but hit like a wet noodle. My SO hit like a truck, but crumpled like a wet paper napkin when faced with more than one enemy.

We had a blast!
    We also got better. :) We discovered the joys of food buffs. We learned to do group content together - me still as tank, my SO as damage dealer. When I dipped my toes into PVP, I took my MagDK.

My MagDK, Varanis Arano, is my first character and my main. She's my Vestige, a master crafter, a PVE tank, and PVP Healer. I have a couple other characters I'm very fond of, but she's the one I first roleplayed through the stories of ESO with and she's still the one I play the most.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My main class seems to be Tech Rager

Edited by Nemesis7884 on January 8, 2020 1:05PM
  • HappyLittleTree
    HappyLittleTree
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden
    Had the most fun as Warden.

Be it Tank, Healer or DD
    Thuu chakkuth lod Hajhiit c’oo? Hajhiit gortsuquth gorihuth thuu gooluthduj thdeitoluu!

XBox-EU
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Umm...well...
    First it was Sorc
    Than it was NB
    Currently DK
    Possibly Temp next...or Ward...hmm...
  • theyancey
    theyancey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden
    Out of my 10 my vamp magden is my main. She will remain so until a new class becomes available.
  • faeeichenlaub
    faeeichenlaub
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    Faellah is a Bosmer Archer.The character I main as a Nightblade which was a carry over extension of my character from my Skyrim. I wanted something that felt similar to my play style there. I've dabble with some other builds on alts which seem certainly more robust, but I like the headspace for this character and am accepting of the strengths vs. drawbacks of the archtype. To me this reflects real life... not everyone is BIS. Make do with whatcha got.

Seems Grand Warlord Sorcalin has taken notice having just freshly promoted Jaqspur Eichenlaub to Rank of Praetorian!
    Not bad for a humble lil Tree-elf sniper.
    Edited by faeeichenlaub on January 10, 2020 7:34PM
    "Azura give me strength, Let my voice change the world as long as I am in it."
  • Nanfoodle
    Nanfoodle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other: Bard 2020
  • RobDaCool
    RobDaCool
    ✭✭✭
    Dragon Knight
    Dragon Knight. I've been playing for a couple of years but only have 2 characters as I refuse to do the story missions.
    PS4 NA -RobdacoolV2
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Templar
    Started with a Templar, and that's my main pve, the made another and that's my main PvP, and yet another was the toon I created to play with my S.O.

That said, the class I've been playing the most these days is NB trying out fun builds, out of the box ideas (aka suboptimal), playing around invisibility in pve and resources sustain in PvP. Also did an extreme roll Dodge stamblade woodelf. Fun stuff.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StamNB (technically);

Real answer is I really don’t have one. Bosmers were nerfed to into nothingness and bows are good for second bar “dot” abilities only. With all the nerfs my trial group disappeared as well.

I have a “main” but really I am just drififting along. The combat in this game has become so uninspired it’s hard to keep interest in the game for too long.

I do some dailies then log off. Class does not matter really.
    Edited by BlueRaven on January 8, 2020 1:39PM
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Templar
    I won't abandon my templar healer until they add account wide achievements or class change token.
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorcerer
    Magicka Sorcerer
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    The title says it all.

Which is your main class and why did you pick it? Share your story with us!

Magsorc has been my main dps for a long long time. I also regularly use my Stamsorc dps. Both are great fun and relatively easy to use.

However I also have characters of almost every other type, mag and stam. Templar is probably my next, a very close 2nd, as my main healer is a Templar and I also have a Magplar dps that I use pretty often, and sometimes main instead of my magsorc.
  • Maxx7410
    Maxx7410
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    Mage sorcerer muahaha
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragon Knight
    I don’t really have a main but I’ve had my Dragonknight the longest, all skill lines maxed out and mostly master crafter in everything. I bounce from class to class but Warden has been my favorite I think
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    3 of everything and my main is ...

Forum Watcher!
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • L_Nici
    L_Nici
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    Stamsorc
    A very special girl

PC|EU
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templar
    I've played variations of the same character in every TES game since Morrowind: a khajiit in light armour (equivalent to ESO's medium armour, light was unarmoured) using bladed weapons and relying on sneaking and mobility to fight, with destruction magic as a backup for when "stick 'em with the pointy end" doesn't cut it and restoration for when it all goes a bit wrong. (Which is a lot.)

The specifics have changed slightly between games but the general theme has stayed the same. During the ESO betas I experimented with all the classes and concluded that for this character it only really affected what kind of magic I had access, to and templar was the closest fit to how I used destruction and restoration, so that became my choice.

She's definitely not what I consider a stereotypical templar (which is more like a battlemage or paladin) and I'm fairly certain it's not considered a good build for ESO, but I have a lot of fun playing her, which is the important thing.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorcerer
    nerf sorc thread
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nightblade
    Oof I voted wrong. Meant to hit Nightblade.

EDIT: Wait I did? That cider last night was a mistake.
    Edited by CMDR_Un1k0rn on January 8, 2020 3:31PM
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No | To ZOS: THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME BRING MY HORSE INTO BATTLE!
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, fear of nerfs has taught me to never extol a class, race or skill. It is the same fear of nerfs that has caused my elf to manifest as no less than 8 different variants across 4 classes. Having the flexibility to play her as differing classes combats the urge to rage quit when a class I enjoy gets nerfed. The game tries very hard to make the relationship I have with my elf shallow and fleeting with its constant balance buffoonery. Playing her as no less than 4 classes in ESO allows me to retain the close relationship I have had with my elf through several games and more than two decades. She chooses which class/spec to play for any given session as casually and adeptly as she changes outfits or hairstyles. Always the same elf though.
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on January 8, 2020 3:57PM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • snoozy
    snoozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    started as khajiit NB in 2014, still my main :)
    got nerfed to the ground but i still love him :cry:
    PC EU
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't have one. It's an RPG - the point thereof for me is to play many different characters and tell many different stories. Doing the same story/character all the time is boring.
  • Ithilis
    Ithilis
    ✭✭✭
    Warden
    At the moment Warden.
    Originally made it for RP purposes - skilled hunter living in balance with nature - but enjoyed playing it so much it is currently my main.
    Leader of Storytellers&Slavers RP guild PC EU
    Officer in Aetherius Art Housing guild PC EU
    Saxhleel - Power to the Hist
  • Czekoludek
    Czekoludek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    Hard to be nightblade main these days :/
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer
    My “main” is a templar. He has all my achievements, motifs, most quests done, all crafting. But I don’t play him much these days. He’s set up to do trials, but I don’t find trials fun (the guild I’m in is super fun, the activity is not fun for me).

The character I’m playing most these past few months is a stamSorc. The reason is I got invited to a pvp guild and he was my only DC character that was available at the time, the others were mules. I’ve redesigned, renamed and rewritten his character from the original one I made years ago and I enjoy playing him now whereas I didn’t before. My goal is to get him the title “Prefect” because he’s a student in my mind. Because of pvp I spend the most time with him getting skill points and trying out builds.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Michaelkeir
    Michaelkeir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Necromancer
    2015 it was a High elf mag-sorc. Played him exclusively for 4 years. He was my master crafter and quest runner. I did everything from PvP to PvE with him.

2019-2020 it is my Necromancer's. I mainly play my Breton mag-necro and my Nord tank necro.

In every Elder Scrolls game from Morrowind, Oblivion, to Skyrim, I've mained a necromancer. When this game was announced I was sadden when there wasn't a necromancer class. But I had hope and I was burned out on Skyrim, so I came onboard in hopes that surely they'd add the Necromancer class eventually. So I started a spec as a substitute for a necro class. Necromancer dropped and I made one my main.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Templar
    I said magplar but I’ve been playing my MagWarden more recently.

I switched factions and made a magplar, MagWarden and magblade. MagTemplar is done, Magwarden I’m grinding out assault/support 10 so I’ve been playing most often, and magblade just hit 50 and isn’t ready for pvp yet.

I chose those three because I started as a magblade and like pvp healing. It made the most sense, MagWarden I’ve never played a lot really and want to have a good handle on how it works.
    Edited by Iskiab on January 8, 2020 5:58PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    PRX and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten