Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Best Stamina Build , PVE ?

SkuBBi
SkuBBi
Which build can you currently recommend for PVE solo?

Some not complicated build because I'm quite a new player of 100 hours in ESO I have and my current character is StamDK DW+Bow and he is quite weak or too difficult for me...
PC EU | 155CP | @Skubbi02
Daggerfall Covenant
Kargnuth | Templar | Stamina DPS | Orc
Grulzul | Sorcerer | Stamina DPS | Orc
  • SkuBBi
    SkuBBi
    I'm sorry for the spelling mistakes, but my English is not at a high level...
    Daggerfall Covenant
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, a lot of sets are easily accessible and are not bad at all

Hunding's rage
    Advancing yokeda
    Leviathan
    Tzogvin

Relequen (is BiS but not for solo cause short fights)
    lokkestiiz (is BiS but requires synergies so not for solo)

For monster set
    Selene
    Stormfist
    Velidreth
    Grundwolf
    Kra'gh
    Maarselok
    Slimecraw
    Edited by zvavi on December 23, 2019 10:37AM
  • SkuBBi
    SkuBBi
    I'm asking about the build, not the sets...
    Daggerfall Covenant
  • SkuBBi
    SkuBBi
    I just want to create a new character, but I don't know what kind of build is good for a PVE solo...
    Daggerfall Covenant
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SkuBBi wrote: »
    I'm asking about the build, not the sets...

Builds in this game are ALL about the sets and the skill of players using them.

If you're asking about a build, sets are a massive part of that.

I'd check out Hack the Minotaur on youtube, and look for his solo PvE builds. Most builds you'll see on youtube are for group play, but Hack is one of a few that dedicates for solo runs.
    Edited by Kel on December 23, 2019 11:58AM
  • SkuBBi
    SkuBBi
    And what class is the best for stamina? Because he wants to know what class to build, and whether DW or 2H is better?
    Daggerfall Covenant
  • JackSmirkingRevenge
    Some others may disagree, but for me, stamina warden is a great class for solo play and fairly easy for beginners. It has excellent healing abilities, shields, and the damage is pretty good, especially AoE.

Alcast builds are usually great starter builds:
    https://alcasthq.com/eso-stamina-warden-build-pve/

Take a look at that and see what you think! Hope that helps
  • SkuBBi
    SkuBBi
    And I heard too stamsorc is good for playing solo pve ? What do you think of that...
    Daggerfall Covenant
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What does solo pve even mean? Dungeons but alone? Public dungeons? Questing? vMA?
  • SkuBBi
    SkuBBi
    I didn't come here to wonder what solo pve means exactly, but to find the right build for me...
    Daggerfall Covenant
  • SkuBBi
    SkuBBi
    I'll try StamSorc 2H+Bow because I even got a lot of answers on Reddit that StamSorc is good...
    Daggerfall Covenant
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You want a build for the "solo content" you do, but unwilling to answer what content you engage in...

Uh well, stam sorc has nice survivability thanks to critical surge, which allows you to heal as long as you attack, but all classes can survive and easily deal dmg either way...

Make sure you have a heal on your bar and have food buff on for at least 15k health
    Edited by zvavi on December 23, 2019 9:19PM
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I think of solo PVE builds, my first instinct is to look to VMA as a reference. It really is the apex of solo PVE play, unless you are specifically trying to solo content designed for 4 players. Delves, WB, public dungeons, etc, can be soloed with any class fairly easily, so not worth much of a discussion.

Well, if you are trying to solo things designed for 4 people, pro tip, play a magic character.

If you look to VMA, well Stam sorc is historically the easiest, and stam NB is historically the fastest.

I highly recomend a stam sorc for solo PVE play. They are fast, do great AOE, and give passive heals.

Dont over think the gear, and you can make either DW/bow or 2H/Bow work just fine. Vicious Ophidian is certainly your best solo set, but otherwise, look to things that give weapon penetration, weapon damage, and weapon crit, realisitcally, in that order (in group play, your priorities are basically the opposite). Also, probably 1-2 stam regen glyphs would be appropriate.

Crit Surge (weapon power buff with a heal on crit damage), and Hurricane (big AOE) are the bread and butter of a solo stam sorc build. You can use spammables from either the DW or 2H line, or you can use the one from the Psijic line. Use Hail and or Caltrops for some extra AOE damage, and especially when playing solo, use Dark Deal very liberally to help manage your resources and if you need an extra heal. You wont use your magic pool for much else.
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Build is just sets + abilities :P
    More or less the same thing.
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
  • fiender66
    fiender66
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm running a stamsorc (DW/Bow, imp familiar not morphed that in time will be replaced by arm ward) that's very satisfying and fun to play. It is meant for PVE and mostly solo (she does GROUP dungeons OFC).

Being under 400CP she's not so good yet with many WB, but hopefully this will improve in time.
    Set is the more plain you can think of: Hunding's rage x5 and the best helmet/shoulder/weapon/Jewels she can afford.

Longfin food, for she uses some magicka (e.g. cristal shards and soul splitter)

As an aside, stamden (even with only class skills) and stamnecro (2H/bow) are definitely good in my experience. The last needs some point in health.

For all the above I prefer redguard, but orc could do too (maybe even better)
  • SkuBBi
    SkuBBi
    What do you think of this build ?
    https://alcasthq.com/eso-stamina-sorcerer-2h-build-pve/

At least I'm gonna follow his example...

Only guild's skills don't suit me a little bit, because it takes a long time to get them on the previous character I had 50 level and I still haven't got all the skills...
    Daggerfall Covenant
  • SkuBBi
    SkuBBi
    I don't have a lot of experience with ESO and some things I don't understand because I've created one character and I've driven level 45, and I hope StamSorc 2H will be suitable for me...
    Daggerfall Covenant
  • fiender66
    fiender66
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't have a lot of experience with ESO and some things I don't understand because I've created one character and I've driven level 45, and I hope StamSorc 2H will be suitable for me...

The build by AlcastHQ you cited above is viable (as most by AlcastHQ are).
    To answer your question: 2H gives you great immediate damage and/or a shield when you use brawler (not great DPS though).
    DW, that I personally prefer, has good DPS and good healing (with bloodthirsty, morph of flurry), almost like what you have as a templar. You to choice.
    Give a look at the AoE set for that build by Alc. It has a really insane AoE but is clearly for a very advanced phase in gaming. Also, it's rather fragile, and works at its best in a group. If you use bloodthirsty in the dungeon set the survivability is better and solo definitely feasible.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My solo Stamina DK build, all important buffs and debuffs, self healing, infinite sustain, decent damage:
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=82439

Rotation is:

Buff with Molten Armaments

Flames of Oblivion->Bar Swap->LA->Rearming Trap->LA->Endless Hail->LA->Poison Injection->Bar Swap->HA->Blood Craze->HA->Venomous Claw->10x (LA+Stone Giant). Repeat

Most DoTs are 14-15s so you can refresh them at around this timer. Poison Injection and Blood Craze are the weakest so you can let them drop. If you are taking slightly more damage so it can't be out-healed Blood Craze, replace one of the Stone Giant casts in the rotation with Echoing Vigor - you can go for the other morph but it only lasts 4s, healing faster. Refresh Molten Armaments every 2nd to 3rd rotation.

A few caveats:
    - In the linked build I've spread the attributes half health, half stamina because this character is mostly a tank, and to compensate for it, I'm using Lava Foot, but if you go full stamina you can just use any blue stamina+health food.
    - If you can't get Vicious Ophidian, monster sets, Maelstrom bow and other fancy gear you can just combo easier to get sets, like Spriggan and combo that with a crafted set like Hunding or New Moon Acolyte.
    - While leveling to CP160 there's no reason to put too much thought into your gear. You can just get 2 crafted sets with training trait and combo those 5+4 and use 3 random jewelry.
    - Don't try to copy builds from top players since those assume that you have all the buffs and healing from the group. Most recommended rotations are not even sustainable w/o crafted potions, shards/orbs, cost reduction sets, especially if you have other stamina drains: healing, blocking, roll dodging.
    Edited by Asardes on December 24, 2019 1:03PM
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • SkuBBi
    SkuBBi
    Which better build this one above 2H or this one:
    https://alcasthq.com/eso-stamina-sorcerer-build-pve/
    Daggerfall Covenant
  • SkuBBi
    SkuBBi
    Or if I'm much better, you can give me a link ...
    Daggerfall Covenant
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcasts guides are often a little missleading, his guides seem nice and friendly to new players but in reality they serve better as a general guide to experienced players jumping to a new class.

In my guild I ran into dozens of people who have read one of his guides as gospel, have yet to grasp the fundamentals of ESO combat, and basically needed to be told to forget everything they thought they knew and be taugh everything from scratch. People with perfect gear trying to copy his static rotation examples and pulling 10-15k dps.

I suggest look at what abilities he uses accross all builds, what sets he lists including the "alternatives" list he helpfully provides, and test them all, including different rotations, on a 6mill, and finding what works. I always tell people to do dynamic rotations because its my personal preference, but it also allows you to dynamically build your rotation up from 1 or 2 abilities up to 11 and see your DPS change. Then when it comes to optimising and changing your build around in new updates and different combat situations, you have a much better understanding of the fundamentals of your rotation and abilities.
  • SkuBBi
    SkuBBi
    I'm not only looking through Alcast's various builds and I'm building them to make them more suitable, but I still don't know what set of weapons to choose if I knew it would be cool...
    Daggerfall Covenant
  • SkuBBi
    SkuBBi
    I don't know if my lyrics are understandable because I'm helping myself to a translator...
    Daggerfall Covenant
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam sorc is good. I can solo most things(Except dlc dungeons) Fairly easily. This is a nord stamsorc running dw/bow. I recommend joining pvp just until you get vigor(Stam heal), that with crit surge will make things much easier for you.
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For solo, Stam Sorc I think has the best health sustain. Keep Hurricane and Critical Surge up and you will be pretty unkillable.

I would stack sets that increase critical chance as well to make sure you get the most healing possible (e.g. Leviathan, Advancing Yokeda, Tzogvin). My Stam Sorc is a Khajiit, but that is a left over from when they had crit chance as a racial passive. Orc would probably be better considering the extra health, passive healing, and damage.

You can also run Iceheart for your monster set for extra "survivability" doing harder world bosses and such, but I typically run Slimecraw when solo for more damage and Crit.

For weapons... 2H is probably a bit better solo because of Brawler and Critical Rush. The gap closer will help you keep things in your Hurricane and the Brawler Shield is awesome for keeping you alive when there are lots of things attacking you.

Edited by kojou on December 24, 2019 4:08PM
    Playing since beta...
  • SkuBBi
    SkuBBi
    Thanks for answering, ...my StamSorc is Khajiit, and is that a good choice? I didn't want an Orc because I already have one character and it's an Orc...
    Daggerfall Covenant
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for answering, ...my StamSorc is Khajiit, and is that a good choice? I didn't want an Orc because I already have one character and it's an Orc...

Khajiit is okay. Its not the DPS of Orc or the sustain of Redguard
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For PvE Solo, I build for Survival, Sustain and Damage - in that order. With that in mind, I'd recommend a stamsorc as the first choice followed by a stamwarden. The ward has better sustain but the sorc has better survival through passive healing. Both do solid damage.

Disclaimer: For stam, I only run bow/bow and, of the solo archers I have I rank mine from best to worst as follows:
    Sorc, Ward, NB. I am only now starting a templar archer and have no experience with stamdk or stamnecro.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

dunmer, always.
    A little harder on the regen but as-good-as top DPS capability (-125 maxstat compared to max which totals about .2% dps drop), lots of offstat for your buffs and if you if you have it slotted (its less optimal), lots of mag to convert to stamina while also healing you - very powerful in BGs, ok in non-optimal groups in PVE.
    Also dunmer are just cool.