The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The Everlasting Snowball memento has an excessively long cooldown and short effect duration

code65536
code65536
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
It's difficult to have a proper snowball fight with other players with the long 5s cooldown on this memento.

As a point of comparison, the Mud Ball Pouch memento has a 2.6s cooldown before you can throw another mudball, which is nearly half that of the Everlasting Snowball memento's 5s cooldown before you can toss another snowball.

Also, the visual effect of the snowball is disappointingly short and unworthy of the "Everlasting" descriptor. Again, let's compare this against the mudball memento: The "Covered in Mud" effect (86779) lasts for 15 seconds, whereas the "Covered in Snow" effect (129546) lasts for a mere 3 seconds. Compounded with the aforementioned long cooldown, the Everlasting Snowball memento is disappointingly unsatisfying to use.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_SarahHecker Please reduce the cooldown to something similar to that of mudballs and increase the duration of the visual effect (perhaps not to something as extreme as 15s, but doubling it to 6s should be quite reasonable). Thanks.
Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
Personal best scores:
Dungeon trifectas:
Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the warning, I won't be getting it then. And they rarely fix anything with stuff like that, unless it's game breaking or provides an exploit. They still haven't turned Argonian drum memento into an emote despite multiple people asking for this for a year.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They've extended crate memento effects in the past based on player feedback.

But expecting for the collectible category itself to change is an unrealistic expectation. The Xanmeer mementos are going to remain mementos.
    signing off
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both them are very annoying and ought to have 45 second cool down.
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Hey there @code65536 thanks for taking the time to provide this feedback on the Everlasting Snowball memento. We have gone ahead and passed this along to our team. :)
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • HappyTheCamper
    HappyTheCamper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So it sounds like it’s not very everlasting
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ha Ha! Looks like you're the one on cooldown, not the one covered in snow! Try wearing gloves or mittens to shorten the time between throws.

Edited by NordSwordnBoard on December 13, 2019 8:39PM
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • SocialAssassin
    SocialAssassin
    ✭✭✭
    It went from 16 Crown gems to 40 in a day's time. WOW!
    “I’m The Best There Is At What I Do. But What I Do Isn't Very Nice…” - Wolverine/Logan/James Howlett
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @SocialAssassin

It really was for 16 gems? I've seen it for 40 from day one.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All three Frost Atronach crate mementos (Blizzard Globe, Everlasting Snowball, Snow Cadwell) have been Epic tier from day one, 40 gems apiece.
    signing off
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I got this yesterday and the cooldown and lasting time is EXTREMELY disappointing. Especially considering what the mud pie one is like in comparison. If I'm gonna throw stuff at people I want it to be as annoying as the mud pie.
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alas the great snowball fight of 2019 will be most disappointing! :-) Hope they extend the duration somewhat!
  • Salix_alba
    Salix_alba
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really hope they do bring it more inline with the mudball and not lower the mudballs stats. Another momento like that Im hoping for is a color ball like momento that can pelt people in random colors like in the Holi festival in India and Nepal that would be fun.