Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How about more non-combat Clothing for Light Armor & Costumes?

ArchMikem
ArchMikem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I get it, it's an MMO, players want to look cool and fantastical with all the spikes and plates and whatnot to look like God's Paladin or the Demon King, and that brings in cash from those who simply cannot wait to farm dungeons and trials to get them the hard way.

But what about those of us who want to look like an average person out on the town? Simple clothing, shirts, gowns, skirts, arm bands/chokers/necklaces for the shoulder slot. Four years and I'm getting a little over looking like I'm going to war. I want to look like I'm going to the market or the inn. Light Sunspire was going in the right direction, but maybe stray away from robes that touch the dirt? Knee length dresses maybe? Tunics?
CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    I get it, it's an MMO, players want to look cool and fantastical with all the spikes and plates and whatnot to look like God's Paladin or the Demon King, and that brings in cash from those who simply cannot wait to farm dungeons and trials to get them the hard way.

But what about those of us who want to look like an average person out on the town? Simple clothing, shirts, gowns, skirts, arm bands/chokers/necklaces for the shoulder slot. Four years and I'm getting a little over looking like I'm going to war. I want to look like I'm going to the market or the inn. Light Sunspire was going in the right direction, but maybe stray away from robes that touch the dirt? Knee length dresses maybe? Tunics?

My girlfriend wholeheartedly supports this post. And so do I. :D
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hmmm not sure if this works for me

nerd_geek_boring_guy_ING_19078_04150.jpg
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please! Moar fashion!
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’d love ZOS to put some high fashion motifs (not costumes cos they’re rubbish) behind difficult content

I think they really could do a lot more to create genuinely interesting, appealing motifs that didn’t all look like 14th century show off armour and still fit the overall clothing vibe of Tamriel.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MedievalClothes3_125.jpgb38a8840-0e1c-433f-9bb3-63828c18ffe8Default.jpg

I just found this in a quick google. This, nothing but cloth with maybe some leather bracers and boots. Simple Medieval clothing.
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice if looting the various stolen civilian clothings would add them as style pages. I've got a relatively big collection of 'laundered' (hah!) civilian clothes on a mule. Clothes horse? o:)
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It would be nice if looting the various stolen civilian clothings would add them as style pages. I've got a relatively big collection of 'laundered' (hah!) civilian clothes on a mule. Clothes horse? o:)

PHENOMENAL idea.
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love to see some of the civilian clothes as 'clothing' styles. All we have now is the two prisoner outfits we get a level 40, and neither are that impressive (I'd really love to get the sleeveless more-ripped one like Majoll wears).

And where are the tattered pants that only go to the knees? Or tattered skirts?
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd rather they fix all the colors on some of these styles first, because if not, what's the point?

Browns being blue...? Come on...
  • amapola76
    amapola76
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm completely on board with this request/suggestion, but I do feel like we've seen a fair number of costumes like this, especially over the last year... and a number of them have been daily rewards. The fisherfolk costume, the tavern maid, the cook... weren't those all free? There have also been several "civilian" costumes in the crown store over the years, and now we have the housecarl dress in the new crown crates.

So, I'm not saying I wouldn't like to see more-- because I definitely would, and hope they keep creating new ones-- but it also doesn't feel to me like this is something that's severely lacking. I have... a ridiculous number of alts, and at least half of them go around dressed in normal person clothing, all different from each other.

That being said, I'm a woman IRL and most of my alts are likewise female, so I don't necessarily pay as much attention to what costumes are available for male characters. So I would concede that if there's more of a lack there, I wouldn't necessarily be aware of it.
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would love more simple clothes. The civilian racial based costumes are great for this, like the bosmer tree climber costumes, imperial dresses, and so on.

I've been waiting for these khajiit costumes since Summerset
    ZkArHRp.png
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage noble & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I wanted this way back when outfits were first implemented. It's a perfect update, but they're probably not going to add it since it doesn't require payments to the crown store.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    amapola76 wrote: »
    I'm completely on board with this request/suggestion, but I do feel like we've seen a fair number of costumes like this, especially over the last year... and a number of them have been daily rewards. The fisherfolk costume, the tavern maid, the cook... weren't those all free? There have also been several "civilian" costumes in the crown store over the years, and now we have the housecarl dress in the new crown crates.

So, I'm not saying I wouldn't like to see more-- because I definitely would, and hope they keep creating new ones-- but it also doesn't feel to me like this is something that's severely lacking. I have... a ridiculous number of alts, and at least half of them go around dressed in normal person clothing, all different from each other.

That being said, I'm a woman IRL and most of my alts are likewise female, so I don't necessarily pay as much attention to what costumes are available for male characters. So I would concede that if there's more of a lack there, I wouldn't necessarily be aware of it.

Here's a realization i made the other day. The only Skirt we have in-game, is the Mazzatun Light. The only legitimate one. And they dye horribly.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom