The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Server is up but launcher did not updated the game

• d3adpain
    d3adpain
    ✭✭✭
    same as always they "finish" something and they DONT CHECK IF IT WORKED
    like ffs with this so many bugs and problems going live cause they don't check
    all those skills bugs ,guild finder and group finder bugs happens for the same reason as this
    they just write code and never fully check it
  • KyraCROgnon
    KyraCROgnon
    ✭✭✭
    server finally patch but now i'm stuck on char loading screen...
  • L_Nici
    L_Nici
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well one step further, now endless loading character...
    A very special girl

PC|EU
  • Tranquilizer
    Tranquilizer
    ✭✭✭✭
    server finally patch but now i'm stuck on char loading screen...

Same for me :disappointed:
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know about anyone else but I'm only logging in to do daily writs at the moment, partly to take a break, but mainly because I'm sick of wondering when I'll next be booted out the game and be left unable to log back in.

This stupid, idiotic level of incompetence is slowly lengthening this break. Not sure I'll take it much longer or when I'll play for "real" again. I'm sure I'm not the only one.
  • milllaurie
    milllaurie
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm reapairing the client does the job of getting you past outdated client popup. I am currently choosing my character and logging in to the game.
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Dunno if it was the repair or just client patch getting up during repair. Anyway I repaired client from launhcer (ZoS, I don't Steam) and tried logging in succesfully both NA and EU.
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    server update but client (launcher) didnt get any update.
    usually we can update launcher long becore server up, and now they completely forgot the launcher.
  • HidesFromSun
    HidesFromSun
    ✭✭✭
    pdblake wrote: »
    I'm only logging in to do daily writs at the moment, partly to take a break, but mainly because I'm sick of wondering when I'll next be booted out the game and be left unable to log back in.

I'm doing exactly the same thing. I've honestly become fatigued with how often fails like this happen, server crashes, events cancelled, constant problems with the server when it is actually up. You just get sick of it all, it's the same thing all the time and it becomes grating. Definitely good to have a break from it all.

• joerginger
    joerginger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It finally updated, but obviuosly the file where all my settings are stored was erased. The game seemed to think it had been newly installed.
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just updated the game through the launcher and launched the game normally. Hope you all get things fixed for you.
  • ZOS_Nith
    ZOS_Nith
    admin
    Hey all, thank you for providing additional information. Is anyone still seeing the "Invalid Client" message?
    Staff Post
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Nith wrote: »
    Hey all, thank you for providing additional information. Is anyone still seeing the "Invalid Client" message?

@ZOS_Nith Personally I just, and by that I mean right this moment, updated the client and managed to load the game without issue. I am otoh seeing much longer than usual loading screens in spite of it not being primetime yet (PC/EU and it's only a quarter past 3pm here). No idea if those two issues are related in any way though.
  • Spearpoint
    Spearpoint
    ✭✭✭
    kk0UHn2.jpg

And round and round it went.

But repairing the launcher worked for me.
    Arinwyn ~ Cute Wood Elf Archer
    Wardena ~ Frost Wardeness [Died alongside Arctic Blast]
    Dry Spell ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ
    Dark Heart of Skyrim 🍺
    Bomblebee ~ cya'll out there
    Bouncing Betty ~ Front Toward Enemy
    Spearpoint ~ Jab Them With The Pointy End
    Six Feet Above ~ Reapertime!
    Bisolar Disorder - Bright & Moody
    Django Unleashed ~ Mr. Nordic Bather's Towel
    Master Angler ~ Struggles With Ichthyophobia
    Ichthyophobia ~ Secretely Dreams of Becoming a Master Angler
    Lol Brb

"Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." — Queen Ayrenn
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sandnessen wrote: »
    kk0UHn2.jpg

And round and round it went.

But repairing the launcher worked for me.

For me it's "requesting character" that's the longest one. Tried to repair but it has made no noticeable difference.
    For what it's worth I have no issues while playing, not even moving between zones, except when I try to change characters. Then we're back with the loooong loading screens. Writs are going to be super fun today /s
  • Langdon64
    Langdon64
    ✭✭✭✭
    And this is why I never play first thing Monday morning. I will wait till they get their ponies in a row, and try in a couple of hours.