The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Server is up but launcher did not updated the game

• gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just small hope I have:
    Before server maintenance ended, the massage on ESO website said that it will end at "13:00 UTC" which will be in something like 30 minutes from now.

So maybe there is a different team simply "waiting" for that hour to switch launcher update on ? It simply looks like they fished server maintenance earlier than they estimated.

Maybe. But that does not justify their action to change maintenance status to "COMPLETE".
  • Aaxc
    Aaxc
    ✭✭✭
    Tried a full repair, nothing. How can you keep messing this up?
    Like literally every. single. update has problems...
  • backupp
    backupp
    Just small hope I have:
    Before server maintenance ended, the massage on ESO website said that it will end at "13:00 UTC" which will be in something like 30 minutes from now.

So maybe there is a different team simply "waiting" for that hour to switch launcher update on ? It simply looks like they fished server maintenance earlier than they estimated.

Communication is the key. If this happened im speechless :neutral:
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just small hope I have:

@Tommy_The_Gun the patch server should be up loooong before the live server is up. That's why you can usually download and apply the patch while the live server (where we play) is still offline. So it should have been up long before now unless they were extending maintenance.
  • Papachico
    Papachico
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same PC EU
  • johnjetau
    johnjetau
    ✭✭✭
    :o I was wondering why Elsweyr suddenly became deserted. You're all still trying to get back in. Hopefully it gets resolved quickly.
  • kaisernick
    kaisernick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SilverPaws wrote: »
    Try to repair the launcher, worked out for me.

had confirmation from another thread that this dind't solve anything.

Can confirm this does nothing.
  • YamiKuruku
    YamiKuruku
    ✭✭✭✭
    okay i tried to repair but it didn't work, still same problem as before
    -{ PC EU }-
    CP 810+
    x Khazadaar > lvl50 EP | Khajiit magblade | Main&Master Crafter | Bloodletter
    x Mazayee-Kajthux > lvl 50 EP | Argonian Warden Healer | Godslayer
    x Margaux the Undying > lvl50 DC | Breton Templar Healer | Tick-Tock Tormentor
    x Fendryn Olms >lvl 50 EP | Dunmer Necro Healer | Gryphon Heart
    xCassius Pavo > lvl50 EP | Imperial Necrotank | Bringer of Light
    x Haj Xal >lvl50 EP | Argonian Healblade | Immortal Redeemer
    x Caessia>lvl 50EP | Imperial Warden Tank | Bringer of Light
    x Andre Valere >lvl 50 AD | Breton SorcTank | Gryphon Heart
    x S'zhan'ir >lvl 50 EP | Khajiit StamDen| Alpha Predator
    x Ri'zaad Sajhan >lvl 50 EP | Khajiit DKTank | extinguisher of flames
    x Mi'ra-Do>lvl 50EP | Khajiit magPlar | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    x Minwe Elsinor>lvl 50EP | Altmer MagDen | Dovahkriid
    x Velen Dres > lvl50 EP | Dunmer Magcro | Voice of Reason
    x Perathea > lvl50 AD | Argonian MagDK
    x Myvth >lvl 50 EP | Dunmer StamDK | Plague of Peryite
    x Nephaal Telvanni > lvl50 EP | dunmer MagSorc | Voice of Reason
    x Ko'haana > lvl50 AD | Khajiit Magsorc
    x Zasha gra-Lashk > lvl50 EP | Orc Stamcro
  • Reaver-Stormhamre
    Reaver-Stormhamre
    ✭✭✭
    I imagine they are waiting for one of the players who knows a thing or two to figure out a workaround and post it. Then that will become the official fix.
    Working as intended
  • Ciana_Rilian
    Ciana_Rilian
    ✭✭✭
    All this issue is a simply patch that dindn't get send through to the launcher. all the have to do probadly is press send. but since ZOS thought its smart to go on a a "jerk eachtoher off in a circle" session after they implement a patch we'll probadly have to wait for a couple of hours for them to fix it.
    Edited by Ciana_Rilian on December 9, 2019 12:34PM
  • arun_rajputb16_ESO
    arun_rajputb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just small hope I have:

@Tommy_The_Gun the patch server should be up loooong before the live server is up. That's why you can usually download and apply the patch while the live server (where we play) is still offline. So it should have been up long before now unless they were extending maintenance.

It wouldn't be. If there was an issue with the patch on the servers and they had to roll back, everyone would have the updated client, which could casue big issues for roling back. You don't distribute to clients until you know your servers are good. I'm a server engineer, I do this stuff all of the time. I'd never make the client available until I know the servers are good.
  • weltlichgesinnt
    Interestingly the login page says it's patch 5.2.11 which is the correct patch Gina posted last night, so it must be the launcher itself creating the issue, not the fact the game doesn't update properly.
  • Tranquilizer
    Tranquilizer
    ✭✭✭✭
    kaisernick wrote: »
    SilverPaws wrote: »
    Try to repair the launcher, worked out for me.

had confirmation from another thread that this dind't solve anything.

Can confirm this does nothing.

Confirm. Did a full repair, nothing changed.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/de/discussion/comment/6495920#Comment_6495920
    "Wir untersuchen das Problem mit der Bereitstellung des Patchs."

"We are investigating the problem with deploying the patch."

On German forums they are "investigating"... :D
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on December 9, 2019 12:37PM
  • Sgy_x2
    Sgy_x2
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Where is the patch, soon the end of the event, who will compensate for the two tickets?

• redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just small hope I have:

It wouldn't be. If there was an issue with the patch on the servers and they had to roll back, everyone would have the updated client, which could casue big issues for roling back. You don't distribute to clients until you know your servers are good. I'm a server engineer, I do this stuff all of the time. I'd never make the client available until I know the servers are good.

And yet at least every other week you can download the patch and update the launcher at least a good hour before the live server goes back up. And so it works in most other mmos.
  • arun_rajputb16_ESO
    arun_rajputb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm getting the update now. Just click on the game options cog and check for updates.
  • calexus1986
    my patch is automatically downloading now
  • Charoshy
    Charoshy
    ✭✭
    I got stuck in "Requesting log.-in". I just re-started the launcher and now it's updating.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is downloading now. Check your launchers people.
  • weltlichgesinnt
    I'm getting the update now. Just click on the game options cog and check for updates.

Yep, I restarted the launcher and it's automatically updating now.
  • Ciana_Rilian
    Ciana_Rilian
    ✭✭✭
    GOT THE UPDATE
  • JunlinLai
    JunlinLai
    Soul Shriven
    can get the update now
  • Sulan
    Sulan
    Here we go again) Nobody is expected this issue yes) But one thing 4 sure - it's no funny anymore it's simply sad
  • YamiKuruku
    YamiKuruku
    ✭✭✭✭
    screams in update
    -{ PC EU }-
    CP 810+
    x Khazadaar > lvl50 EP | Khajiit magblade | Main&Master Crafter | Bloodletter
    x Mazayee-Kajthux > lvl 50 EP | Argonian Warden Healer | Godslayer
    x Margaux the Undying > lvl50 DC | Breton Templar Healer | Tick-Tock Tormentor
    x Fendryn Olms >lvl 50 EP | Dunmer Necro Healer | Gryphon Heart
    x Haj Xal >lvl50 EP | Argonian Healblade | Immortal Redeemer
    x Caessia>lvl 50EP | Imperial Warden Tank | Bringer of Light
    x Andre Valere >lvl 50 AD | Breton SorcTank | Gryphon Heart
    x S'zhan'ir >lvl 50 EP | Khajiit StamDen| Alpha Predator
    x Ri'zaad Sajhan >lvl 50 EP | Khajiit DKTank | extinguisher of flames
    x Mi'ra-Do>lvl 50EP | Khajiit magPlar | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    x Minwe Elsinor>lvl 50EP | Altmer MagDen | Dovahkriid
    x Velen Dres > lvl50 EP | Dunmer Magcro | Voice of Reason
    x Perathea > lvl50 AD | Argonian MagDK
    x Myvth >lvl 50 EP | Dunmer StamDK | Plague of Peryite
    x Nephaal Telvanni > lvl50 EP | dunmer MagSorc | Voice of Reason
    x Ko'haana > lvl50 AD | Khajiit Magsorc
    x Zasha gra-Lashk > lvl50 EP | Orc Stamcro
  • Tranquilizer
    Tranquilizer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jep, downloading now
  • arun_rajputb16_ESO
    arun_rajputb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just small hope I have:

And yet at least every other week you can download the patch and update the launcher at least a good hour before the live server goes back up. And so it works in most other mmos.

They don't make the service available immediately after the servers have booted up. There is a lot of cleanup. So, once the servers are good and healthy, they can make the new client available whilst cleaning up.
  • Ciana_Rilian
    Ciana_Rilian
    ✭✭✭
    It took the germans to fix this for us.
    Danke Brüder
  • Thunderclap
    Thunderclap
    ✭✭✭
    yes , now restart the launcher :)
    PC EU - PVP - CP 2300+Win 10 Home 64-bit - 32GB - SSD 1000GBIntel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHzNVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
  • KyraCROgnon
    KyraCROgnon
    ✭✭✭
    patching now at last !