The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Daily login and not being at home

Gleitfrosch
Gleitfrosch
✭✭✭✭
Came back to ESO after a longer break and currently enjoying the game.

My current issue is that I will be gone for a few days without an option to login and claim the daily reward. Is there an option to still get the rewards? Or is it just bad luck to be not at home and play the game?
  • DarkPicture
    DarkPicture
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad luck, ask your wife/kid or someone else who can u trust and tell them to claim rewards everyday or just skip them.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad luck, unfortunately.
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don’t worry about it if I miss a few days.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no way to get the login rewards without logging into the game (that's the idea - it's an incentive to log in, even if you're not planning on playing, which increases the probability that you'll end up doing other stuff).

There are ways to log in remotely, depending on the technology available to you. For example if you have ESO on PS4 you can use Remote Play to log into the game on a PC or phone. I doubt you could actually play that way, but I've heard it's enough to get login rewards. I'm sure sometime similar is possible with PC but it needs more setting up because it's something you'd have to download and install rather than a built in feature (note to self: look into that) and I assume there's an Xbox equivalent too.

But other than that it's just bad luck. Sooner or later everyone will end up missing days for various reasons. Fortunately they've stopped putting the best rewards right at the end of a month so you can miss some days (usually a week or so) without missing out on anything important. The later rewards are usually just currencies, especially alliance points. But I'm fully expecting to miss whatever the big reward/s are in December because I'll be home for about 1/2 the month at most. I'm hoping it won't be anything major. Last year it was a couple of hats and a weird glowing guar, which I didn't mind missing.
    Edited by Danikat on November 30, 2019 10:47PM
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Gleitfrosch
    Gleitfrosch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the answers.

Can live with that but would recommend the devs to take a look at the Warframe login reward system.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the answers.

Can live with that but would recommend the devs to take a look at the Warframe login reward system.

How does it work in Warframe?
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • OolongSnakeTea
    OolongSnakeTea
    ✭✭✭✭
    This month is almost over, and depending on December rewards- you might not miss out on the 'cool thing' of the month, they tend to give a few padded days at the end of the month it seems.
    "I try to create sympathy for my characters, then turn the monsters loose."– Stephen King

• Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best reward be it a crate, pet or whatever is generally a few days before the end of the month, so if you miss a few days you'll still get it.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just took a week off and went to visit my family. That mean I wasnt able to get the 2 moon crates.

Oh well, but I am perfectly fine with that!

My family is more important than some digital crap crates or any of the potions, food, XP scrolls that I already have ton of and don't need.

Nothing in the daily rewards is so spectacular that you should be getting upset over having (gasp!) real life get in the way of. Seiously, it's pretty much fluff that no one really needs and can live without anyway.
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IF THEY would give out choice of dlc token or any motif of choice ECT ECT id say you have reason to be upset BUT really everything your going to miss out on you done have 100s of so enjoy life and dont let it get to you as YOUR NOT MISSING ANYTHING
    Edited by Nordic__Knights on December 1, 2019 5:07AM
  • Gleitfrosch
    Gleitfrosch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    Thanks for the answers.

How does it work in Warframe?

From the Warframe wiki:

Upon logging in to the game for the first time a day, players will be granted a random reward out of the Daily Tribute reward pool. New log-in days becomes available everyday at UTC midnight. Players also receive rewards upon accomplishing a Milestone, a set number of log-in days required to unlock a single guaranteed listed reward, with more valuable items requiring more log-in days to unlock. Log-in days are accumulated into a player's total, counting towards any milestones yet to be completed. Only the total number of log-in days are taken into account by the Daily Tribute system, regardless of player hiatus, i.e. a player who logs in consecutively for 7 days, skips a day, then logs on the day after will still receive their 8th accumulated log-in day.

Daily Tribute rewards are random, but the chances of more frequently acquiring rare and higher value items increases as players increase their Mastery Rank, with higher ranks having higher chances of receiving better rewards. Each Mastery Rank increase adds 5% to increased rare drop chances
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i trained my cat to log in for the daily reward...

3aZr3.jpg
  • woufff
    woufff
    ✭✭✭✭
    When I'm travelling for work I always take a small (and cheap) Laptop with me, sufficient to login, pick up the login reward and do some daily crafting writs B)
    PC/EU&NA - Redguard Nightblade - Grand Master Crafter - Explorer of Tamriel & Skyrim - Playing Starfield (and awaiting TES VI ^^)
  • Kittytravel
    Kittytravel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Log-in days are accumulated into a player's total, counting towards any milestones yet to be completed. Only the total number of log-in days are taken into account by the Daily Tribute system, regardless of player hiatus, i.e. a player who logs in consecutively for 7 days, skips a day, then logs on the day after will still receive their 8th accumulated log-in day.

Minus the mastery rank this seems to be exactly how ESO's works if I'm not mistaken?... You can skip several days and still claim the "big" reward of the month, skipping a day doesn't reset you back to nothing or the beginning of the month.
    But maybe I'm misunderstanding the difference in Warframes system (again minus the weird mastery thing).
  • RefLiberty
    RefLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    December rewards are crap so enjoy your time not logging in. :#
  • Gleitfrosch
    Gleitfrosch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Log-in days are accumulated into a player's total, counting towards any milestones yet to be completed. Only the total number of log-in days are taken into account by the Daily Tribute system, regardless of player hiatus, i.e. a player who logs in consecutively for 7 days, skips a day, then logs on the day after will still receive their 8th accumulated log-in day.

Minus the mastery rank this seems to be exactly how ESO's works if I'm not mistaken?... You can skip several days and still claim the "big" reward of the month, skipping a day doesn't reset you back to nothing or the beginning of the month.
    But maybe I'm misunderstanding the difference in Warframes system (again minus the weird mastery thing).

there is no reset at the end of the month in Warframe, it is an ongoing progress and every login counts, no matter when you log in.
    If you login 10x in one year, you get the reward for the 10th login.
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

there is no reset at the end of the month in Warframe, it is an ongoing progress and every login counts, no matter when you log in.
    If you login 10x in one year, you get the reward for the 10th login.

That would require the servers to keep track on how ever many players play this game.

Meaning, more server calculations and strain.

Guarantee implementing a system like this would break at least 4 things in ESO and contribute to server instability. Look at what the new and "improved" group finder has done for the server.

With all my heart I wish it wasn't so, but unfortunately asking for "simple" things in this game isn't simple.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reason they pad the end of the month with "filler" rewards is specifically so that people who miss days aren't missing out on anything important. December has more filler at the end than most other months for this reason.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch