The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Grave Robber (synergy of Boneyard) working as intended?

DTStormfox
DTStormfox
✭✭✭✭✭
Info:
This is about the synergy of Boneyard: Grave Robber, in a PvP no-CP environment

In no-cp PvP, I was fighting another player. This player is using Boneyard and I walk into it (stupid, I know). Anyhows, oddly enough, he is able to activate his own synergy from Boneyard: Grave Robber. According to the tooltip:
You or an ally standing in the graveyard can activate the Grave Robber synergy, dealing 1324 Frost Damage to enemies in the area and healing you for the damage done.

The damage is 1324 according to the tooltip. After buffing, this could become higher. However, this player dealt: 10,000 (ten thousand) damage on me with this synergy (see screenshot).

So, I wonder: is this working as intended? Is it normal that the Grave Robber synergy deals 10,000 damage to players in no-cp PvP? Because that would mean it would do about 20,000 damage in PvE (since damage is halfed in Cyrodiil) and that is without Champion Points!

EDIT: I also have some video footage of this damage being dealt to me. It really registered a hit of 10,004 damage. I can, however, not post this footage because of the risk of naming and shaming (Forums policy)

riRL6c4.jpg
https://imgur.com/riRL6c4
Edited by DTStormfox on November 30, 2019 11:48AM
Only responds to constructive replies/mentions

Immortal-Legends Guild Master
Veteran PvP player

• Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah. The great enigma in ESO PvP are the players that dish out 5-8K hits with every skill on me having 32K Phys and Spell Resist + 3.2K Crit Resist and 1 to 2 7K shields active, while at the same time they take 400 dmg max from any of my skills despite 12-15K penetration. Are we up in the 40-50Ks yet on what the Overland tooltip would be? I've given up on the Ninjas and simply chalk it up to one of the 14 possible sets they might be wearing possibly 3-4 of them at the same time... ^^b

I've asked every theory crafter I know for that build, I really want to know it, but no one has ever been able to supply me with the build that makes that possible. I've been close but never quite there. Haven't given up on it yet though. But then again I haven't given up on Santa either. :D

Edit* In regards to the Graveyard though, the 1K dmg is the AoE tick damage while the synergy burst on my Stamcro is 13K buffed (Outland so 6.5K Cyro). So critted it might well do 10K in Cyro with a hight Crit Damage, however after peeling off your Crit Mitigation and your Damage Resistance to land a 10K Graveyard synergy is quite...big?

Edit2* A pic of my Tooltip in Overland self buffed.
    H5xC8tA.png

PS. The tool tip on skills on web sites just display the bare minimum of the skill. It's completely different from the in game tool tip which takes into account the effects of your stats, CP, sets and buffs used.
    Edited by Idinuse on November 30, 2019 1:57PM
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • nryerson1025
    nryerson1025
    ✭✭✭✭
    you had major vulnerability on you and the player was most likely using 3 harmony jewelry

i have landed them for 20k on i'm assuming a zero crit resistance build
    Edited by nryerson1025 on November 30, 2019 12:52PM
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you had major vulnerability on you and the player was most likely using 3 harmony jewelry

i have landed them for 20k on i'm assuming a zero crit resistance build

Yes quite realistically possible.
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yea it’s definitely possible, you were hit on the low end of what’s possible.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • MizoreReyes
    MizoreReyes
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like you were set up in a perfect combo from the death recap. Light Attack for damage boost enchantment? -> Vampire Drain (Animation Cancel) to stun you in place? -> Glacial Colossus is hitting you with major vulnerability so you take 30% more damage -> Avid Boneyard's self synergy activation using a harmony build to increase Grave Robber's damage (3x Harmony Jewelry Trait that increases damage around 30% each) and if you were unlucky to get hit by Major Breach (-5k spell resistance) or were under 25% health so necromancer's passive that increases their critical chance. Overall it takes a lot of work to set up because if you fail to hit them with the synergy, they have to wait for the long cool down to be able to use it again.
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Harmony jewelry doesn't sound so harmonious now, does it....

😈
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These sorts of posts have me wondering if players will ever accept getting killed and outplayed.

Let's look at this, you willingly fought inside an enemy AoE field, dont even understand what your opponent's skills can do, were subjected to multiple hits from a stationary ultimate (which puts the strongest damage debuff in the game on you), which looks like happened becuase your opponent skillfully used a CC to keep you in the AoE where all her skills went off.

This is a classic case of getting outplayed. It happens and it's fine. It doesnt matter if it's no CP. The devs themselves said the necro's whole thing was controlling small, specific zones. You opted to fight in this anyway, why? Because Zos is supposed to nerf us so much that pvpers can ignore obvious dangers and not die? You deserved exactly what you got. It happens to us all, dont worry about it
    Edited by Joy_Division on November 30, 2019 11:11PM
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These sorts of posts have me wondering if players will ever accept getting killed and outplayed.

Let's look at this, you willingly fought inside an enemy AoE field, dont even understand what your opponent's skills can do, were subjected to multiple hits from a stationary ultimate (which puts the strongest damage debuff in the game on you), which looks like happened becuase your opponent skillfully used a CC to keep you in the AoE where all her skills went off.

This is a classic case of getting outplayed. It happens and it's fine. It doesnt matter if it's no CP. The devs thenselves said the necro's whole thing was confrolling small, specific zones. You opted to fight in this anyway, why? Because Zos is supposed to nerf us so much that pvpers can ignore obvious dangers and not die? You deserved exactly what you got.

Yeah, come on Joy <3 I see what you mean but chill. Dude just asked if what he saw was right. I think we provided enough meat on the bones to answer it with a yes?
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well if harmony gets nerfed it wouldn’t be from boneyard and those rookie 10k synergy numbers, if you want to see big numbers look at Nova.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Gaggin
    Gaggin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wouldnt call 10k a cheese hit at all, but sometimes this synergy can cause 20-25k if done right, thats certainly a bit cheesy for aoe one shot.
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DTStormfox wrote: »
    Info:
    This is about the synergy of Boneyard: Grave Robber, in a PvP no-CP environment

In no-cp PvP, I was fighting another player. This player is using Boneyard and I walk into it (stupid, I know). Anyhows, oddly enough, he is able to activate his own synergy from Boneyard: Grave Robber. According to the tooltip:
    You or an ally standing in the graveyard can activate the Grave Robber synergy, dealing 1324 Frost Damage to enemies in the area and healing you for the damage done.

The damage is 1324 according to the tooltip. After buffing, this could become higher. However, this player dealt: 10,000 (ten thousand) damage on me with this synergy (see screenshot).

So, I wonder: is this working as intended? Is it normal that the Grave Robber synergy deals 10,000 damage to players in no-cp PvP? Because that would mean it would do about 20,000 damage in PvE (since damage is halfed in Cyrodiil) and that is without Champion Points!

EDIT: I also have some video footage of this damage being dealt to me. It really registered a hit of 10,004 damage. I can, however, not post this footage because of the risk of naming and shaming (Forums policy)

riRL6c4.jpg
    https://imgur.com/riRL6c4

You ate full combo and died. And yes numbers are correct and all looks legit from my own experience as one who plays Magcro a lot.

You ate full Colossus, got Major Vulnerability on you from it and then the Robber pop hurts.

Tips: Avoid Colossus and thus the MV and remember there is a cooldown on that synergy, so necro cannot "spam" it so their burst with that option is very limited use.

I suggest trying out playing Magcro and see how it is in reality when you play it against good opponents especially. You will see most players avoiding big chunk of your damage, by just moving away from it.

Also lol at your comment on the tool tip.. did you check base tool tip with no gear and no stats or buffs on? :joy:

I suggest you use same method to compare your current own skills tool tips from where you got that number.. or if you have played DK for example and remember even vaguely Shackle and Ignite synergy numbers on a decent setup, then imagine them buffed by Major Vuln, and critting.. and there ya go, you got your answer. Was legit kill.

• jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Idinuse wrote: »

This is a classic case of getting outplayed. It happens and it's fine. It doesnt matter if it's no CP. The devs thenselves said the necro's whole thing was confrolling small, specific zones. You opted to fight in this anyway, why? Because Zos is supposed to nerf us so much that pvpers can ignore obvious dangers and not die? You deserved exactly what you got.

Yeah, come on Joy <3 I see what you mean but chill. Dude just asked if what he saw was right. I think we provided enough meat on the bones to answer it with a yes?

The problem is, and likely the reason why Joy pointed it out in such a blunt way, is this is a common thing this community does. They'll either get genuinely outplayed, or run into a classic rock/paper/scissors match up where they're meant to lose because their opponent used the thing that their class is weak against, and then they'll run to the forums and ask for nerfs.

This sort is behaviour is what's led us to this situation, where everything is weak and class identity is practically non-existent, because people can't stand losing, or not having what someone else has. Tons of great mechanics that gave classes their unique identities, and made combat interesting and engaging, have been nerfed because people constantly asked for them, backing their whining with artificial or out-of-context proof that x is OP.

DK wings, shields, Dizzy, sword and board being an offensive weapon, move speed, and now even damage, have all been nerfed, because people couldn't stand losing, or not having their own versions of these.

This is the only community I've ever seen that not only praises nerfs, but willingly asks for them, especially when the devs have a history of going overboard with their nerfs. It has to stop, and the only way for it to stop is for the rest to point it out, and critique this behaviour, just as Joy did.

Just because you're a new player, you're not entitled to having the entire game cater to you, down to removing any mechanics that force you to learn. Stop asking for nerfs, ask for advice.
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jcm2606 wrote: »

The problem is, and likely the reason why Joy pointed it out in such a blunt way, is this is a common thing this community does. They'll either get genuinely outplayed, or run into a classic rock/paper/scissors match up where they're meant to lose because their opponent used the thing that their class is weak against, and then they'll run to the forums and ask for nerfs.

This sort is behaviour is what's led us to this situation, where everything is weak and class identity is practically non-existent, because people can't stand losing, or not having what someone else has. Tons of great mechanics that gave classes their unique identities, and made combat interesting and engaging, have been nerfed because people constantly asked for them, backing their whining with artificial or out-of-context proof that x is OP.

DK wings, shields, Dizzy, sword and board being an offensive weapon, move speed, and now even damage, have all been nerfed, because people couldn't stand losing, or not having their own versions of these.

This is the only community I've ever seen that not only praises nerfs, but willingly asks for them, especially when the devs have a history of going overboard with their nerfs. It has to stop, and the only way for it to stop is for the rest to point it out, and critique this behaviour, just as Joy did.

Just because you're a new player, you're not entitled to having the entire game cater to you, down to removing any mechanics that force you to learn. Stop asking for nerfs, ask for advice.

I agree.

This is the only community that'll stand in ALL the damage, not think to keep up defense or think of healing themselves, taking all the damage right to thier face....then honestly wonder why they died, trying to blame everything on being overpowered, instead of looking at thier gameplay.

Ok...maybe not the only community, but maybe one of the loudest when it comes to asking for nerfs. I just find it strange how players literally stand in a full combo doing nothing to heal or prevent it, then come asking for nerfs.
    It's incredible as much as it's unbelievable. Can't possibly be them getting outplayed....oh no....it's a cheese build or something is just overpowered. It's crazy...😖
    People need to start taking L's like they have a pair, and not like some entitled whiny baby. No one is unkillable.

(Edit:This isn't necessarily directed at the OP, just a general frustration)
    Edited by Kel on December 1, 2019 9:35AM
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kel wrote: »

I agree.

This is the only community that'll stand in ALL the damage, not think to keep up defense or think of healing themselves, taking all the damage right to thier face....then honestly wonder why they died, trying to blame everything on being overpowered, instead of looking at thier gameplay.

Ok...maybe not the only community, but maybe one of the loudest when it comes to asking for nerfs. I just find it strange how players literally stand in a full combo doing nothing to heal or prevent it, then come asking for nerfs.
    It's incredible as much as it's unbelievable. Can't possibly be them getting outplayed....oh no....it's a cheese build or something is just overpowered. It's crazy...😖
    People need to start taking L's like they have a pair, and not like some entitled whiny baby. No one is unkillable.

Might be an unpopular opinion, but I honestly feel it's because the rest of the game (bar any sort of end game beyond the harder vet base game dungeons, ie vet DLC dungeons, vet trials, etc) is so much easier. In overland and other casual content, which makes up the vast majority of both content and the community, you don't need to keep up heals and actively defend yourself, because the game has been dumbed down so much.

This lulls players into a false sense of security, and builds a slew of bad habits that all revolve around both not paying attention to what's actually going on, and not playing defensively when the situation calls for defensive play. This creates a huge disconnect between overland and vet content (both PvE and PvP), which I honestly think is why you see so many newer players struggling with both end game PvE and PvP.

They never needed to learn how to properly play in the rest of the game, so once they start getting into harder content, they have no idea what to do. They don't know that they need to keep an eye out for cues to block or dodge, they don't know that they need to stay out of telegraphed AoE's, they don't know that they need to keep some heals going at all times if they don't have a dedicated healer.

They don't know any of that, and they don't expect to have to know any of it, because why should they when the rest of the game didn't need any of that? It must be the content, it must be the skills used, they must be OP!

They never thought to look at their own build and gameplay, because the rest of the game never asked them to use a proper build and learn to properly play. So why should dungeons/trials/PvP/whatever?

They need to rebalance overland and the leveling experience to gradually ease players into the proper style of play. By the time a player hits CP 160, progresses decently far into overland, and starts getting into end game content, they should not only know everything mentioned, but everything mention should be basically muscle memory, and, more importantly, they should expect to question their own build and gameplay, not the content.

But, any time you bring this up, someone comes and cries, so naturally it won't happen.
    Edited by jcm2606 on December 1, 2019 9:50AM
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kel wrote: »

I agree.

Might be an unpopular opinion, but I honestly feel it's because the rest of the game (bar any sort of end game beyond the harder vet base game dungeons, ie vet DLC dungeons, vet trials, etc) is so much easier. In overland and other casual content, which makes up the vast majority of both content and the community, you don't need to keep up heals and actively defend yourself, because the game has been dumbed down so much.

This lulls players into a false sense of security, and builds a slew of bad habits that all revolve around both not paying attention to what's actually going on, and not playing defensively when the situation calls for defensive play. This creates a huge disconnect between overland and vet content (both PvE and PvP), which I honestly think is why you see so many newer players struggling with both end game PvE and PvP.

They never needed to learn how to properly play in the rest of the game, so once they start getting into harder content, they have no idea what to do. They don't know that they need to keep an eye out for cues to block or dodge, they don't know that they need to stay out of telegraphed AoE's, they don't know that they need to keep some heals going at all times if they don't have a dedicated healer.

They don't know any of that, and they don't expect to have to know any of it, because why should they when the rest of the game didn't need any of that? It must be the content, it must be the skills used, they must be OP!

They never thought to look at their own build and gameplay, because the rest of the game never asked them to use a proper build and learn to properly play. So why should dungeons/trials/PvP/whatever?

They need to rebalance overland and the leveling experience to gradually ease players into the proper style of play. By the time a player hits CP 160, progresses decently far into overland, and starts getting into end game content, they should not only know everything mentioned, but everything mention should be basically muscle memory, and, more importantly, they should expect to question their own build and gameplay, not the content.

But, any time you bring this up, someone comes and cries, so naturally it won't happen.

I always find it hilarious, too, when players ask for harder PvE content. Because they seemingly only want it if they can still overcome it.

They want the unknown, the dangerous! A real chance to be faced with death around every corner....the challenges of tougher combat!

Unless it's another player. Then that challenge is unthinkable.

To think everything they want is in PvP, but I just feel the ego of knowing some players will always be better than them is too much. They only want challenges they know they can eventually overcome, and that isn't the case in PvP.

PvE players are self taught that death is the worst thing. You'll see players leave after a single wipe or death in a dungeon or trial. And PvP is nothing but dying regularly. I just don't think the PvE psyche can handle it. PvP...you may do everything right, have a perfect rotation, cancel on point...and still die. I just don't think the mindset can overcome that.
  • DTStormfox
    DTStormfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, this thread is kind of derailing.

Some points of order:
    1. I did not intend anything other than stated in my original post. People's claims that I am fishing for reasons to complain at ZOS for nerfs are based on assumptions and false.
    2. I admitted in the original post that I was stupid enough to walk into the AOE, there is absolutely no reason to bash me for that. The colossus hit me because I was stunned inside the AOE with Vamp drain. Yes, I could have taken an immovable pot, but that is all talking after the facts happened. There is no reason to speculate about 'what if' situations.
    3. I also never claimed that the kill was illegitimate. It would be nice if some people stopped putting words into my mouth I didn't say. That would prevent a lot of misinterpretations and toxicity.

Veteran PvP player

• tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Some points of order:
    1. I did not intend anything other than stated in my original post. People's claims that I am fishing for reasons to complain at ZOS for nerfs are based on assumptions and false.
    2. I admitted in the original post that I was stupid enough to walk into the AOE, there is absolutely no reason to bash me for that. The colossus hit me because I was stunned inside the AOE with Vamp drain. Yes, I could have taken an immovable pot, but that is all talking after the facts happened. There is no reason to speculate about 'what if' situations.
    3. I also never claimed that the kill was illegitimate. It would be nice if some people stopped putting words into my mouth I didn't say. That would prevent a lot of misinterpretations and toxicity.

By asking if a skill is "working as intended", you are insinuating that something is potentially illegitimate or wrong. There isn't a known bug with this synergy in regards to the damage you took. 10k is actually pretty low as far as big burst hits go? I've hit people for almost 10k with dark flare in no-CP

While I don't think people should flame or be toxic, the original post definitely reads as being surprised that a skill can deal this much damage to the point where you're wondering if it's bugged or imbalanced. Replace "Grave Robber" with Snipe or any damage ult you like to use, and it might make more sense. People don't want a cool, unique skill nerfed or simplified

I do think this build is a bit goofy because of how buggy vamp drain is, but the high combo damage is at the cost of a few jewelry traits as well as building around & waiting for this one synergy. And it takes skill. I keep fighting players who use this strategy so I can try and figure out the build lol

sidenote: Vamp drain stun is currently pretty buggy and an important part of this build, and people use the skill because they know it's janky to break free from. (on top of mag classes losing shock & flame clench as good stuns)
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DANG! The forums are coming down pretty hard on poor OP!

I'm taking notes for my next nerf-crafting attempt. I'll be sure to phrase it something like this:

"So here is a death recap where I got killed by Power Of The Light... anybody got any ADVICE on how to deal with this ridiculously overpowered skill?"
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Some points of order:

Phrasing is everything. The way you presented your thread basically made it look like you were fishing for reasons to ask for nerfs.
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Some points of order:

Then what WAS the point you made with this post if not to be a lowkey nerf request?

I might have been a bit blunt in my feedback too, but only because all of it was important to note on that, since that skill is clearly working as intended and supposed to hit hard, like some synergies do, especially with Harmony traits.

And yes, Immovable protects from such situation, so does reactive play too, of course lag can cause problems with such burst situations, but same for all classes bursts, often one can already be dead the last second they still see they are pressing break-free, or heal pumping and "nothing happens", others see you are already dead (on server side), as i`ve seen from video clips from my ballgroup days. So yes, well-timed Immovable potions and snare/root immunities make a big difference.

But if you know all that.. then why single out this one skill/synergy?

You know what you can do with DK and Shifting Standard and some friends pressing the synergy everytime you keep putting it down? :p Or was the purpose to nerf all synergy damage and/or Harmony? If so: NO. We all need such damage options if we want to kill at pvp on large scale. If you think about it you understand, hopefully.
  • DTStormfox
    DTStormfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously, why are you all asuming I want a nerf?

I just asked: is this working as intended?
    The answer is: Yes.
    Then I simply rest my case and move on.

I just asked a simple and innocent question, and you people suddenly start applying your own interpretations on my question and assuming all kinds of reasons. With the result that people start putting words into my mouth that I did not say, nor insinuated.

I now understand why people aviod the forums. For some reason, it seems like people are simply looking for reasons to attack somebody or defend themselves.

This is my last post in this thread, and requesting it to be locked. I am sick of people putting words into my mouth and almost being forced to defend myself for things I didn't say. @ZOS_GinaBruno

Veteran PvP player

• Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Seriously, why are you all asuming I want a nerf?

I just asked: is this working as intended?
    The answer is: Yes.
    Then I simply rest my case and move on.

I just asked a simple and innocent question, and you people suddenly start applying your own interpretations on my question and assuming all kinds of reasons. With the result that people start putting words into my mouth that I did not say, nor insinuated.

I now understand why people aviod the forums. For some reason, it seems like people are simply looking for reasons to attack somebody or defend themselves.

This is my last post in this thread, and requesting it to be locked. I am sick of people putting words into my mouth and almost being forced to defend myself for things I didn't say. @ZOS_GinaBruno

Reason why: harmony is OP in larger scale pvp if you build around it. However, this Necro synergy is not OP and it’s sort of magnecros bread and butter and all they have. Change harmony and magnecro will be in a bad spot, harmony is how they’ve adapted to make the class work so are really sensitive about the subject.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The cool down on a synergy is longer than a it takes are lot of ultimates to recycle, and you have to sacrifice three jewelry traits for a one trick pony.

Damage is nothing compared to some of the other synergy ultimates with Harmony, but those take more than one players.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Reason why: harmony is OP in larger scale pvp if you build around it.

People wanted a way to kill the ball groups and zergs. We got harmony. Now people complain it's OP because it kills ball groups and zergs.

• MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry OP, wouldn't take it personally, people are just tired of nerf threads after a year of destructive changes to class defining abilities. Your post looked like a genuine question to me.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, working as intended. It is Part of an AoE Magcro burst combo, which hits hard IF it lands. It hits harder if you run 3x Harmony traits as mentioned. It is balanced because synergies have a 20-second cooldown, and our Ulti can easily be avoided or dodged, etc. We have to time our burst combo correctly in order to deal that much damage to people, unlike spamming Dizzy + Onslaught + Executioner. This is a combo that cannot be spammed.
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, definitely working as intended. I mean if it wasn't for harmony Boneyard wouldn't really be worth slotting. Magcro class damage is really lacking.

Skulls- good ability, hits hard, too slow tho
    Blastbones- good burst when it actually works, key here is "when it actually works"
    Arcanist- A passive at best
    Graveyard- your burst cause harmony, otherwise not slotting it
    tether- yeah... just no. Maybe for the 3% passive
    Hulk Smash ult- good if people are slow enough to stand in it, usually requires fairly good timing.

It is a good question to ask tho.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I got hit by a 26k nova synergy last night with 30k resists.

Nothing wrong with the Necro ability, maybe or maybe not he/she was using harmony traits but if you've got major vulnerability on you, those numbers are quite tame.

I'd still like Harmony trait to get looked at though, getting quite annoying dying to crap players outnumbering you and just pressing 1 button.
    PC EU
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm surprised people are not complaining about invigorating drain yet. >:)
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    I'm surprised people are not complaining about invigorating drain yet. >:)

Oh, they are.....

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/501538/nerf-vampires-invigorating-drain