The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

How would You rate year 2019 in ESO ?

• TheHsN
    TheHsN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - Perfect Story Line
    - Perfect Graphics
    - Perfect Contents

BUTTT!!! You cant play them.

Worst Game Performance
    Worst Race and Skill Balance
    Constant Meta Changes.
    No Communication with Community
    Worst Lag
    Endless Bugs and no Fixes
    Worst Patching
    Broken Activity Finders
    Endless Loading Screens

So 3 is a very good point...
    Edited by TheHsN on November 20, 2019 10:10PM
    Plays:
    Magicka SORC - PvE/PvP
    Stamina NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka Templar - PvE
    Stamina Templar - PvP
    Magicka DK - PvE
    Stamina DK - PvE
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would have said 5, but it got nerfed.

That wasnt a nerf, that was a minor tweak. If they nerfed it , it would have been a negative 5. When ZOS swings the nerf bat, they arent interested in hitting it out of the park...They want to hit it out of the solar system.
    NaomiHutt wrote: »
    I get that people are upset with performance but to rate it so low is unfair.

The Elsweyr chapter is great, the new dungeons are fantastic.

I do feel Southern Elsweyr was a little lack luster and should of came with a trial or a new arena.

Where I feel things lose points would have to be the huge nerfs and the terrible performance we have all been suffering lately.

For that I will rate 8/10

Considering your criticism, id say for you to give it a 1, an Elsweyr dragon would have to come to your house in real life and burn it down.
    Edited by Anotherone773 on November 20, 2019 10:27PM
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kel wrote: »
    Just to add another note, if you have rated this year below 5 then in my honest opinion I feel it's time for you to move on and find a new game.

Why on earth would you play a game that you have clearly rated so low?

That makes no sense.

I play this game because I enjoy the overall experience (When the server is working of course 😏)

You're entitled to your opinion, I'll never understand why people like you, however, feel the need to push people out of the door.

A lot of us were here when One Tamriel changed everything...basically a rehaul of the game. Some of us are hoping Zos will recognize the need to do so again.

You can love something and not be happy with it. Your spouse, kids, or even a friend, might be going down a bad path. Doesn't mean you love them less. And it's a disservice to the thing you love as well as yourself to ignore shortcomings and mistakes like they are nothing.

We don't leave because we still love this game. Wanting to see it improved isn't a bad thing. Being silent won't magically make things better.

Push enough people out the door, will there even BE a game to love?
    Telling someone to leave has got to be the most useless, self destructive thing to tell someone.

Hope...hope is why some of us stay.

Not pushing anyone out of the door, I just don't understand why you would continue to play a game you think so little off.

Performance aside Zos have done an amazing job.

That's like saying your girlfriend is going through a bad time so you're going to rate her 3/10

No you wouldn't do that, you would rate her much higher, because you love her despite the fact you are just not enjoying her company right now.

Ah, that seems to be the disconnect. If I'm unhappy with something, I rate it appropriate to that moment. I rated ESO a 5 as that's how I feel about it right now. It may get better and I'd rate it higher at that time. You are taking an alternate (but still acceptable) approach of rating it based not only on how it is right now, but previous experiences with the game as well. The time you've put in previously is counting in your rating. Understand that others do not rate things the same way. If it's a dumpster fire right now, they will feel it necessary to rate it a 1 even if it might have been a 3 last week or a 9 3 months ago.

But the Question is...

How would you rate your 2019 in ESO?

Not how was your October and November experience.

Fair enough. I'm just not sure the girlfriend analogy is quite right. Perhaps someone would rate January as a 10, February as a 9 and a gradual decline from there. If there are enough 1's on that list, then you can realistically rate it a 1 overall. Maybe the recent nerf update was so colossally bad that a person would rate that a -20 and drag the whole average down. I also can't see how the game could be rated overall a 1 for 2019 but I also can't see how it could be a 10 either. At the end of the day, it's a subjective rating and a subjective rating system as there are so many variables. If someone honestly feels the game is worth a 1, that's what they will rate it. I don't have to agree or even understand where they are coming from as it's all subjective.

I can want to enjoy something that I rate a 1 and maybe I'm still playing that game in the hopes of it improving. I probably wouldn't be doing that forever, but holding out hope that the next update is an improvement is something many will cling on to.
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only rated so high because the stories are well written and the world is still as gorgeous as ever. Questing and exploring is 9/10.

However.....

Do I really need to mention the dumpster fire that is this games performance and constant fatigue from class/ability changes? What could I possibly say that hasn't already been said?

3/10...and that's being generous.

Just to add another note, if you have rated this year below 5 then in my honest opinion I feel it's time for you to move on and find a new game.

That makes no sense.

I play this game because I enjoy the overall experience (When the server is working of course 😏)

You're entitled to your opinion, I'll never understand why people like you, however, feel the need to push people out of the door.

A lot of us were here when One Tamriel changed everything...basically a rehaul of the game. Some of us are hoping Zos will recognize the need to do so again.

You can love something and not be happy with it. Your spouse, kids, or even a friend, might be going down a bad path. Doesn't mean you love them less. And it's a disservice to the thing you love as well as yourself to ignore shortcomings and mistakes like they are nothing.

We don't leave because we still love this game. Wanting to see it improved isn't a bad thing. Being silent won't magically make things better.

Telling someone to leave has got to be the most useless, self destructive thing to tell someone.

Not pushing anyone out of the door, I just don't understand why you would continue to play a game you think so little off.

That's like saying your girlfriend is going through a bad time so you're going to rate her 3/10

No you wouldn't do that, you would rate her much higher, because you love her despite the fact you are just not enjoying her company right now.

I'm guessing you didn't read my original comment then. Think so little of? I said questing and exploration was a 9/10.
    Performance issues and the blue screen fiasco in Cyrodiil have significantly lowered my overall score, since I predominantly play PvP.

So, despite your blanket statement about how I think so little of the game, I actually don't. ESO has done a lot right. Unfortunately it's had a banner year of mishaps.

I stick around in the hope it'll get better.
    You don't have to understand...you just have to accept it.
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That makes no sense.

Horrible analogy. You don’t pay for your GFs services. Now if you were to say, let’s say a lady of the night, then that would make more sense. And if the service was that bad, yes you would be upset.
  • Tai-Chi
    Tai-Chi
    ✭✭✭✭

I would have given 10/10, had it not been for the one book I missed in Southern Elsweyr, that can no longer be accessed - after finishing the quest.

This has caused me no end of stress and disappointment. It has seriously impaired my enjoyment of the game.

PC - EU (Main) & PC - NA
  • Saltisol
    Saltisol
    ✭✭✭✭
    I Think what most of us have in common no matter how we grade the ESO atm we all want to see it succeed and hopefully we can get back at Another time and happily give it high scores.
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    3, and only because the maps, graphics and quests content teams are doing an awesome job. Else it'd be zero.
  • Iconius
    Iconius
    ✭✭
    I would say ESO in 2019 had been very "Event-ful" 😂
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    easily a 9/10 if they would fix those damn server issues so we can properly enjoy the game in both pve and pvp and various other needed fixes.
  • NaomiHutt
    NaomiHutt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iconius wrote: »
    I would say ESO in 2019 had been very "Event-ful" 😂

Haha, this made me lol 😂🤣
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unable to connect to game server. Please make sure you have a valid internet connection.
  • lemonizzle
    lemonizzle
    ✭✭✭✭
    I gradually played a lot less, and finally stopped being active. Only bought Elsweyr, and completed the main quest which was fine; did not touch small dlcs'. Story and art/design section is trying, but performance-wise the game is a flaming garbage truck this year. All resources should be diverted to fix these daily issues, else all the work that went into improving the launch-reputation will be in vain.
  • AbysmalGhul
    AbysmalGhul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This game has snowballed out of control. Piling on new disasters on top of old disasters year after year

A great cure to fixing the majority of technical issues would be to actually hire a bigger team that are specialized in certain departments. Instead, they have very little people working on this game so much so, you have one guy working two departments.

Mario Bros #1 and Donkey Kong had a bigger development and technical team than this game
  • CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy'ish with the content but the performance is beyond unplayable. It's not necessarily that the game cannot be played at all, it's the summation of 100s of bugs small and big that makes it so distasteful.
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I do feel Southern Elsweyr was a little lack luster and should of came with a trial or a new arena.

Where I feel things lose points would have to be the huge nerfs and the terrible performance we have all been suffering lately.

Considering your criticism, id say for you to give it a 1, an Elsweyr dragon would have to come to your house in real life and burn it down.

You're not making much sense, I'm guessing you didn't do to well in school?

"Considering your criticism" = Based on your critique. In Your original post you said how great NE and dungeons were but then had a negative opinion of the other 90% of what happened this year.

" id say for you to give it a 1
    "= In order for you to rate the game a "1"... you know in the poll thread that you are posting in.

" an Elsweyr dragon would have to come to your house in real life and burn it down."= A dragon is those things flying around Elsweyr. You know the huge featherless bird things with big teeth? Real life= AKA: Reality. Where most of us live most of the time. House = Home/ the place you sleep at night or in the day as the case may be. Burn it down= reduce to ash using fire, a fan favorite of those wingless birds with big teeth i mentioned.

Put all this together and it means = " Based on your poll score and your subsequent critique of the game in which most of your post mentioned major flaws, you gave the game an 8 out of 10 for the year. So based on that critique and score an Elsweyr dragon would have to fly to your home, the one you live in that isnt on the internet, and burn it down in order for you to give the game a rating of "1".

It was a game related way of saying " you give an extremely high score for a very heavy criticism."

"I'm guessing you didn't do to well in school?" - If i had to break it down for you is it you or me? Inquiring minds...

which leads me too...
    Saltisol wrote: »
    Been at 70% with a 5 or lower score

That remark just shows a lack of something meaningful to say. Such a low and pointless comment.

Yes because what you put before that about a dragon burning down my house was really meaningful. 🤷

I Think you are mistaking me for someone else, this is the only comment I made about you.

My bad, it's an honest and easy mistake because of the way you defended what they put.

I learned how to interact socially with people and reading comprehension in school. Also i learned the meaning of "passive aggressive" and "condescending". I also learned to make sure of the target i was attacking and what was behind that target. I guess it was not a good school though like you went too. But i digress, my post was about your very generous critique and subsequent follow up post concerning your disapproval of our low performance scores and lack of comprehension of why we are still here and still play.

On a last note, i feel like we have learned so much from each other and grew as people today. Dont you?

• NaomiHutt
    NaomiHutt
    ✭✭✭✭

"Considering your criticism" = Based on your critique. In Your original post you said how great NE and dungeons were but then had a negative opinion of the other 90% of what happened this year.

"= In order for you to rate the game a "1"... you know in the poll thread that you are posting in.

" an Elsweyr dragon would have to come to your house in real life and burn it down."= A dragon is those things flying around Elsweyr. You know the huge featherless bird things with big teeth? Real life= AKA: Reality. Where most of us live most of the time. House = Home/ the place you sleep at night or in the day as the case may be. Burn it down= reduce to ash using fire, a fan favorite of those wingless birds with big teeth i mentioned.

Put all this together and it means = " Based on your poll score and your subsequent critique of the game in which most of your post mentioned major flaws, you gave the game an 8 out of 10 for the year. So based on that critique and score an Elsweyr dragon would have to fly to your home, the one you live in that isnt on the internet, and burn it down in order for you to give the game a rating of "1".

It was a game related way of saying " you give an extremely high score for a very heavy criticism."

"I'm guessing you didn't do to well in school?" - If i had to break it down for you is it you or me? Inquiring minds...

which leads me too...

That remark just shows a lack of something meaningful to say. Such a low and pointless comment.

Yes because what you put before that about a dragon burning down my house was really meaningful. 🤷

I Think you are mistaking me for someone else, this is the only comment I made about you.

My bad, it's an honest and easy mistake because of the way you defended what they put.

I learned how to interact socially with people and reading comprehension in school. Also i learned the meaning of "passive aggressive" and "condescending". I also learned to make sure of the target i was attacking and what was behind that target. I guess it was not a good school though like you went too. But i digress, my post was about your very generous critique and subsequent follow up post concerning your disapproval of our low performance scores and lack of comprehension of why we are still here and still play.

On a last note, i feel like we have learned so much from each other and grew as people today. Dont you?

I can see arguing with you would be pointless, where are you getting 90% from, I named a few things I felt it lost points for, but your to stupid and decided that they added up to 90%

I'm not going to reply to you anymore because it would only waste my time and yours
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

which leads me too...

I can see arguing with you would be pointless, where are you getting 90% from, I named a few things I felt it lost points for, but your to stupid and decided that they added up to 90%

I'm not going to reply to you anymore because it would only waste my time and yours

You cant reply to anyone without directly insulting them can you? Also, while you may be arguing, i am having a conversation about (y)our communication problem. Where am i getting 90% from?The "positives" you mentioned account for about 10% of the year. The negatives you mentioned outside of the DLC have been ongoing issues ALL YEAR and account for the bulk of the content you mention when weighted. I feel like all of this is over your head now though considering i have to explain everything to you in detail as if i was your teacher.
  • caperb
    caperb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just take a moment to realize that the average vote is 4,4...

Never have I seen a community rate a game they play so low
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    caperb wrote: »
    Just take a moment to realize that the average vote is 4,4...

Never have I seen a community rate a game they play so low

It shows the level of frustration with the current state of the game, but not the willingness to give up on it completely...yet. Though it does appear more and more people are reaching their breaking points both on the forum and in game.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    besides the performance troubles, from a pve and mostly single player perspective, it was alright...

But ZOS will have to bring out the big guns for next year if they want to keep me interested...
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be 9 if not the approach to PC EU as a second class customer, that's 3 points. Another point (from 10) for in general performance which is bad, but at least it's playable.

When it goes to balance, current state of the game is the best since... I can't remember when! Literally there is not a single thing that is OP so much that everyone runs it.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Qagh
    Qagh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    9 (not 2) :)

I love Elsweyr, Scalebreaker and Dragonhold. But i don't like Wrathstone.
    Edited by Qagh on November 21, 2019 7:29AM
    CP 2400+ - PC/EU - PvP: Gray Host
    Qagh - StamDK - Khajiit - DC - Grand Overlord (AR 50)
    Qagho - MagSorc - Khajiit - DC
    Qaghi - Stamblade - Khajiit - DC - Grand Overlord (AR 50)
    Pelzgesicht - Magcro - Khajiit - DC
    Qaghoo - Magplar - Khajiit - DC
  • LoreToo
    LoreToo
    ✭✭✭
    Bad you dont have "0". Delete game after dragonhold release (after 5 years btw). Totaly unplayable.
    Combat team - looks like all combat changes till scalebreaker was made by old combat team, new team doesnt know what to do with skills and mechanics->totaly incompetent staff.
    Leave this hamster, its dead already
  • Snaekd
    Snaekd
    ✭✭✭
    Still beats WoW.
    please be patient
    I have eutism
  • Vanos444
    Vanos444
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FailedGOTY!! Congratulations!
  • haelene
    haelene
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inconsistent. It was a roller-coaster I'm hoping they don't repeat next year.
  • Guyle
    Guyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 - and I think thats generous. Its meme worthy that after every patch or maintenance to make fixes and improve server stability it literally is worse than prior to the "fixes". And so much other bs that everyone already knows about, so yeah, i think a 3 is generous
  • ATomiX69
    ATomiX69
    ✭✭✭✭
    Biased Poll, no option to give 0/10...
    smurf account
    New PvP content when?
    Better cyro performance when?
    Farmed about 3 GO's worth of AP
    world 3rd immortal redeemer (22.02.18) and other not noteworthy trifectas
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    3 or 4 out of 10

Not a great year by any means. The good bits are mostly due to the many great people playing the game. The bad bits are entirely due to poor performance and lack of professionalism on ZOS’s part.

I just meant to leave a mark, not a bloody monologue....

Great for
    - Friendship and camaraderie of my guilds. Met some really great people
    - Personal progression. Really enjoying trying to break some of the harder content
    - Dragonhold. Despite being completely steamrollered by the Witches Festival, I like this a lot more than Elsweyr
    - Witches Festival. I really loved the extended Witches Festival. I did arena content and organised trials, which I enjoyed and which I would not have done otherwise. It should always have been a 2 week thing.
    - Symphony of Blades. A great final boss ruined by a truly terrible dungeon.
    - Scalebreaker. Aside from the crap name, which instantly confuses it with Scalecaller (and again speaks of imagination vacuum at ZOS), this was a solid pair of DLC dungeons with fewer of the normal issues than usual.
    - A year long story. A good idea averagely exacted. It should have started in Q4 last year instead of Murkmire and climaxed with Elsweyr. No one I know still cares about it. But the concept of a year long story worked.
    - Grappling hooks. Could be quite interesting.
    - V2 dragons. Still not perfect, but this is what they should have been in Elsweyr. That the V1 dragons were not speaks volumes.

Meh for
    - Elsweyr. Uninspiring and tedious at best. Really felt like the very long, saggy middle part of a trilogy rather than an important part of a treasure hunt.
    - Wrathstone. Frostvault is still buggy as hell. Depths of Malatar is full of incomprehensible mini boss mechanics. Rushed out and badly implemented.
    - Sunspire. Badly designed, poorly conceived and no fun to do.

Bad for
    - Service. PC EU has been a badly managed, poorly performing ghetto for the entire year.
    - Service. PC EU is a disgrace.
    - Service. You can’t say this enough times. All the creativity and content in the world won’t help if your servers are garbage
    - Communication. Aside from ‘dragons’, I have no idea what ZOS’s intentions are. The impression is this is a game in managed decline. And that’s a bad look.
    - Money grabbing. Massive increase in monetisation of content and progression. Not a great look either
    - Low Quality. Too many content elements are being released in a beta or buggy state. V1 dragons a prime example. ZOS do not appear to give a rat’s arse about this.
    - Low Imagination. Far too little genuinely imaginative elements. Far too much cookie cutter, just repeat what we did last year laziness
    - Events. The early part of the year was too full of unnecessary events, the 5 week Anniversary event seemed to drag on forever. And the only really enjoyable one, Witches, only really worked because it had to be extended because PC EU once again could not cope. It’s a shame when the release of the final piece of your year long story is totally overshadowed 2 days later by yet another event.
    - Indriks. They are horrid.
    - Instakill and ‘no indication’ death threats. V1 dragons were great (ie terrible) for both. The new tendency to only very lightly colour indicate significant threats is a very bad idea.
    - PvP. Just. Utter. Garbage
    - Game explanation. Want to know how any aspect of the game works? Don’t bother looking in game or on ZOS’s website. They explain nothing.
    - Service. You really can’t say this enough. One day it might get through.
    - Caring. I don’t feel ZOS gives a ***. And that should worry them.

TL:DR a great game being ruined by atrocious service, averagely produced content and a crappy company attitude.