The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Admin changed my password? Zos were you hacked?

• keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭
    I finally(today), regained access to my forum account after the admin purging of our passwords. The password reset link they provided wouldn't send me a RESET PASSWORD email despite my many attempts.

ESO Support was able to provided a temporary password but only after several back and forth requests. There may be others who are having the same issues. My game account and password , as has been mentioned above were not affected.
    “The point of power is always in the present moment.”

― Louise L. Hay
  • molliemayhem
    Huh. I just logged into the forums yesterday after not logging in for a few weeks and found that message. Had to reset my password as well.
  • wolf486
    wolf486
    ✭✭✭✭
    I recently changed all my passwords (including the game login for ESO). When I came back here I thought that was the reason for the password reset.
    PC/NA
    Moved onto BDO and GW2 Skyrim, ATS/ETS2, ACNH and the overall goodness of single player games

RIP to the following:
    (DC) Tharbûrz gro-Glumgrog - Orsimer -Stamden (lvl 50)
    (AD) Vukz - Bosmer - Stamblade (lvl 50)
  • SORjosh
    SORjosh
    ✭✭✭
    same for me. I had to reset password......
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the sinking sensation that this is going to be one of those slow burn things where weeks from now people are still going "I logged onto the forums for the first time in a while, why was my password reset?" Without reading the thread for the explanation or checking the Dev Tracker.

Via Dev Tracker from earlier this thread
    Gina's comment: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6463909#Comment_6463909
    Follow-up: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6471160#Comment_6471160
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the sinking sensation that this is going to be one of those slow burn things where weeks from now people are still going "I logged onto the forums for the first time in a while, why was my password reset?" Without reading the thread for the explanation or checking the Dev Tracker.

Via Dev Tracker from earlier this thread
    Gina's comment: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6463909#Comment_6463909
    Follow-up: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6471160#Comment_6471160

I've been away a long time but thought to read up while the holiday week is upon us...whats interesting is without logging in, I never would check the dev tracker.

Seems odd too that the password was changed but no security email went out from the game. :#
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Nomadic_Atmoran
    Nomadic_Atmoran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lumenn wrote: »
    Why else would an admin change my (and others) password? I rotate my passwords randomly on my own but in the years I've played have never HAD one changed. Have our accounts been compromised? Just the forums or game too? Shouldn't this be something we should know?

Had the same issue. Brought it up in a Ticket and a moderator gave me an invite to create a new account. Didn't even help me recover my 5 year old account.

Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry - Laerinel Rhaev - Enrerion - Caius Berilius - Seylina Ithvala - Signa Squallrider - H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Yynril Rothvani - Tenarei Rhaev - Bathes-In-Coin - Dazsh Ro Khar - Aredyhel - Reads-To-Frogs - Azjani Ma'Les
    Kheshna gra-Gharbuk - Gallisten Bondurant - Aban Shahid Bakr - Etain Maquier - Atsu Kalame - Faulpia Severinus
  • molliemayhem

Speaking of which, I also have a 5 year old account that I haven't bothered to try and recover. Back when every time the game updated I couldn't log in, (2014 )I ended up just quitting. A few months ago I came back, but had to completely make a new account.

• AndyMac3183
    AndyMac3183
    Soul Shriven
    I have a five year old account too which has been locked. I have requested a password reset for that a number of times - all I get is forum invites and then a password reset link for this new account.

I got ZOS'd and it's proving to be very hard to fix lol.

• keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭
    I was locked out by the admin change of password recently like everyone else. When I tried to use the RESET PASSWORD link provided, no RESET email arrived despite numerous attepmts.

I filed a Support ticket and they sent me a temporary password a few days ago that allowed me to regain access and set up a new password.

quote="Nomadic_Atmoran;c-6479017"]
    Lumenn wrote: »
    Why else would an admin change my (and others) password? I rotate my passwords randomly on my own but in the years I've played have never HAD one changed. Have our accounts been compromised? Just the forums or game too? Shouldn't this be something we should know?

Had the same issue. Brought it up in a Ticket and a moderator gave me an invite to create a new account. Didn't even help me recover my 5 year old account.

[/quote]

“The point of power is always in the present moment.”

― Louise L. Hay