The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

What is the nicest thing you have ever done for a random player?

• Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to stand in stonefalls on free to play weekends and hand out 5 piece sets of level 10 hundings and julianos. I also will make gear for just about anyone that I have a reasonable interaction with if I can tell they are a new player and generally trying to L2P. I will typically also toss them 50-100k to watch their eyes pop out of their head. Haha
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Making another player better gear is often just enlightened self-interest. You don't have so much of an effort carrying them after that.

Be careful that you don't prevent others from learning. Some people need to fail, before they understand their method doesn't work. Just be there to explain why, rather than simply laugh at them.
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - Teaching new player the basis of the game and how to improve their game-play.
    - Teaching mechanic on vDG.
    - Advice on how to make gold at start
    - Crafting food/gear/pot for new/bad player who want to improve.
    - Free WW bite (hate vampire :>)
    - Taking time to help stranger meet in pug to do few more run so they can farm their set.
    - Gifting motif to someone who need them, even very expensive one

I do this way less than I was used to, most ppl I encounter now, don't speak, don't listen and don't seem to care about improvement.
    [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]
    [Crazy Gatherer & Compulsive Thief]

• Soriana
    Soriana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So many things, really...
    • Crafting sets for new peeps and new CP160's
    • Gifted the last 100K we got as a log in reward to a new player in Stonefalls
    • Loaded up all my dupes of Tharn, Lyris, Sai, etc motif pages and gave them away
    • As a tank, spent a TON of time in dungeons helping people learn mechanics
    • Responding to peoples requests in zone chat for taxis to different locations
    • Send stacks of mats to people looking in zone chat for stuff to complete writs
    • Given away I have no idea how many BSW inferno staffs while looking for that dang necklace!
    • Given away all kinds of duplicate runeboxes, recipes, motifs, etc.
    • Gifted crown store items for the heck of it
    I like giving and never ask for anything in return; I always ask that the favor be paid forward to someone else along the line.

In a world where you can be anything, be kind :)
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    I gave somebody 10 potatoes. *Sigh* Those were some nice potatoes.

With no other context that seems a little passive aggressive lol

Edit: Just realized that the best hate tell is just to mail someone a potatoe lmao

I didn't know that! But in this case, someone was asking for potatoes in zone chat, so I asked how many and mailed them to him free of charge.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as crafting training sets, most players fall into two categories-- the ones who have some idea of which sets they want because they're looking at sites about builds (even if they don't yet actually understand what sets are and how they work), or the ones who have no idea what you're talking about when you ask them which sets they want. I'll take the time to list some that have good bonuses for whichever stat(s) they want to focus on for their build, and help them pick something suitable.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gave a person a million gold because they said they had no gold. I asked them how long they’ve been playing and they said only 2 weeks. They didn’t understand the game because of the lack of tutorial this game has so I gave them some pointers. I took them around for awhile and showed them different zones and grind spots. They were willing to learn and were very nice. Not! insert Borat reference here.
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I gave someone an Awesome once
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I once kicked a very sleepy player from a dungeon because they were so tired all they could do was light attack with a bow from the doorway. So I thought I’d be kind and kick them so that they could go get some rest and come back later.

They were so sleepy that they got grumpy and sent me a very rude message, I was only trying to be nice and take care of them.
  • ChimpyChumpy
    ChimpyChumpy
    ✭✭✭
    Picked up someone's gold Minotaur motif book for 50 gold and mailed it back to them. Got a mail back saying "Thanks, I forgot a few zeroes."

Really, that's just me passing it on though. Until someone in one of my guilds did the same for me, I was selling my columbine for 20 gold each :lol:

I did this once for dreugh wax. It was only one but it was listed at 45 gold so I bought and COD it back to them.

When I first started trying dungeons someone gave me a full set of spriggans and told me about the undaunted line skills.
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I used to stand in stonefalls on free to play weekends and hand out 5 piece sets of level 10 hundings and julianos. I also will make gear for just about anyone that I have a reasonable interaction with if I can tell they are a new player and generally trying to L2P. I will typically also toss them 50-100k to watch their eyes pop out of their head. Haha

That was extremely nice of you to do.

Question though, did you know if any of those players stayed after the free to play came to an end? I mean that in a good way because of what you did for them. :)
  • GrimTheReaper45
    GrimTheReaper45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - told a dude his atheric cipher was infact worth alot more than the 200k he wanted
    - complete gold set of 160 armor when a guildie hit 160
    - helped an eu player on na with his build, he only spoke and read french. i only speak an read english.
    - a dude obviously super drunk was giving away all his mats and gold. I took them and mailed them back when he logged off
    - given away monster helms and trials gear I got and needed to players who also needed them.
  • daedalusAI
    daedalusAI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kicking fake tank/heals on the spot + also kicking DPS who only light-attack in vet dungeons = the more you kick those kinds of people the better future PuGs will be.
  • Recent
    Recent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh ok
    Edited by Recent on November 2, 2019 7:31AM
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That was extremely nice of you to do.

Question though, did you know if any of those players stayed after the free to play came to an end? I mean that in a good way because of what you did for them. :)

@Girl_Number8

It was not a high percent, but also definitely not zero. My house in ESO is pretty nice; it certainly has everything you could possibly want from a functional standpoint. I often add people I give stuff to, and would see them at my house using a mundus or beating on a target dummy, often months to years later, some of them are probably there as we speak.

The other encounter I frequently had would be in group finder. It was usually from a DPS that realized I was doing about 4 times the damage he/she was doing, and I could tell they legitimately wanted to get better. I would craft them purple CP 160 gear, and walk them through a basic rotation. Some of them went on to push leaderboards.

People always ask me if there is anything they can give me, and I always say just pay it forward if you stick around. That said, I probably got a nice gift in the mail from someone I helped 6 months to a year ago maybe half a dozen times over the years. And on at least two occasions, I got a "here is all my crap" series of mails when they decided to call it quits (one guy gave me well over a million gold on his way out the door and pretty sure I only gave him one set of gear and some advice, maybe a bit of gold).

• Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    killed them in cyro
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something that someone did for me recently:

A vampire bite, (s)he took the trouble to find the altar because I didn't know where it was and didn't accept my money. Also my horse was so slow and (s)he had to wait for me, and explained the quest. If you seeing this, thanks again :)<3
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nova Sky wrote: »
    I've been known to initiate a game of hide-and-seek in certain zones now and then — and when a player succeeds in finding me, I've given him/her anywhere from 25,000 gold to 50,000 gold.

That count as 2 because is also a fun experience :*
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nova Sky wrote: »
    I've been known to initiate a game of hide-and-seek in certain zones now and then — and when a player succeeds in finding me, I've given him/her anywhere from 25,000 gold to 50,000 gold.
    That count as 2 because is also a fun experience :*
    Recent wrote: »
    For myself I enjoyed very much playing with disabled vets and helping with their builds and clearing harder content that they always wanted to do.

Though honestly I got the better end of the deal, as they are now my friends and part of our guild.

Wow this is incredibly self righteous and ridiculously insulting to those people. Really? Are you seriously elevating yourself by letting everyone know what an amazing person you are that you helped people? Sad .

When you give or do something nice for someone do it in secret. That is the true spirit of giving. The fact that you have to label people ' disabled vets' as if they are separate from the rest of our community says a lot about you ....despicable.
    I dont think a post has made me cringe as much as yours. This is what is wrong with the world right here.
    I think you are reading this in the wrong way, I don't think that OP was boasting, just talking about what she feels like a good experience. The forums are full with trolls and players insulting each other gratuitously, these kind of stories are more than welcome.

Edited by Loves_guars on November 1, 2019 5:47PM
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Free werewolf and vampire bites. Also few players got a bite from wild werewolves I spotted.

hhSTwCg.jpg
    Edited by rpa on November 1, 2019 6:13PM
  • xylena_lazarow
    xylena_lazarow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    gave a stranger pug a BSW Inferno Staff
    PC/NA || CP/Cyro || RIP soft caps
  • deviousthevile
    deviousthevile
    ✭✭✭
    It's hard to pinpoint the NICEST thing. I mean, a lot of us craft gear for low level people, give away cheap little trinkets or so mid level recipes. For me, I think my greatest gifts to other players falls between two things. The fact that I find new players who have nothing more than an INN room as a home, and give them 100k to buy a home in hopes they will enjoy the housing feature like I do, AND that during events like this one, I farm what I need in the first few days, then I make X amount of gold off the items from the event, and then I give away EVERYTHING that comes from the event. With the Witches Fest I have given 7 Disastrously Bloody Mara's, 4 Werewolf Broth and 5 Sugar Skulls recipes along with endless amounts of the Dremora Legs and Chest motifs as well as the parts needed to complete the style pages, skeleton marionettes and festival writs. This is my constant practice, giving to those who don't make gold as well as I do. I cannot single it down to even a few people as I've bought hundreds of houses and given away damn near everything under the Tamrielian sun. Love this community, even the bad eggs.
    CP 1220
    Devious The Vile Lv 50 Stamblade
    The Elven Terror Lv 50 PvP Support Healplar
    Kintao Doombringer Lv 50 MagSorc
    Healz Ur Bum Lv 50 Healplar
    Toby the Fat Node Hunter Lv 50 Stamina DK (Farmer)
    Something Disgusting Lv 50 Stamden
    You Hit my Splodey Button Lv 50 Blazing Shield Templar Tank
    Kyo Kane Lv 50 Magblade
    Watch Me Burn Lv 50 MagDK
    R N Geesus Lv 50 Stamblade
    Rampage the Vile Lv 50 Stamblade
    Backslash Playdead Lv 50 Healcro
    Sallidadna of House Vile Lv 50 Stamcro
    Hand of the Night King Lv 50 Magcro
    Fróstβíté Lv 40 Ice Warden
    Bella av Cava Vile Lv 24 MagSorc
    Storc the Orc Stam Sorc Lv 50 StamSorc

• Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am very grateful for the help I’ve received from both strangers and guildies in this game — help completing content, acquiring gear, guidance in improving, mats to finish writs, etc. <3<3<3 I try to pass it on when I can and look forward to being able to do so more. :blush:
  • Chicharron
    Chicharron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once I sent 1 million gold to a random user.

But it wasn't for goodness, i sent it to the wrong user, even so, I think it must have been a nice surprise to open the mail and see that a random mofo sent you 1 million gold.
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed someone following me through a public dungeon once. It was a bit confusing to navigate so if they fell behind a little I would wait for them to catch up before engaging a boss. We didn't say anything to each other, just kind of an unspoken agreement. After finishing the dungeon, in say chat, I said I was done here and if they needed anything else here? The person said no. I said thanks for the help. The other player said, Thank you for the help, I was struggling with this dungeon. It was a great ESO moment.
  • OolongSnakeTea
    OolongSnakeTea
    ✭✭✭✭
    I made a whole weapon set of nirn weapons for a new person to research with, felt good since it was just sitting around collecting dust in my craft bag.
    "I try to create sympathy for my characters, then turn the monsters loose."– Stephen King

• RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I gave away a gold 160cp Marksman Bow to someone and they were so happy

the other is I crafted cp160 gear head to toe including weapons using my own mats and upgraded it to blue for some random player that was having trouble and had just hit CP 160 gave him some build advice and the guy was pretty thankful.
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TheValkyn wrote: »
    I let them live.

Not ME! I tbag em too! Fast as I can!
  • hasi
    hasi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Smaller things like teleporting People around, giving them (mainly Vampire) Bites for free and crafting purple low level or high level Gear as I have around 2k of each upgrading Material(besides Legendary).

I try to explain Mechanics in Dungeons if the other People don't know, give them needed Drops, advice on Builds if asked and partly even "carry" a few "lucky ones" to Dungeon Skins/Personalities. I also help with Bosses if I see someone struggeling.

For friends I also search all existing Guild Stores for the best Price of an Item, gift them (high worth) items or Gold.🥰❤

Sometimes I give away things in Zone that store up my inventory like certain collectible parts.
    Edited by hasi on November 2, 2019 1:41AM
  • InaMoonlight
    InaMoonlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recent wrote: »
    For myself I enjoyed very much playing with disabled vets and helping with their builds and clearing harder content that they always wanted to do.

Though honestly I got the better end of the deal, as they are now my friends and part of our guild.

Wow this is incredibly self righteous and ridiculously insulting to those people. Really? Are you seriously elevating yourself by letting everyone know what an amazing person you are that you helped people? Sad .

When you give or do something nice for someone do it in secret. That is the true spirit of giving. The fact that you have to label people ' disabled vets' as if they are separate from the rest of our community says a lot about you ....despicable.
    I dont think a post has made me cringe as much as yours. This is what is wrong with the world right here.

You are seriously bashing people for this, in THIS thread, i think you might have missed the point. Also suspect the thread was started to INSPIRE people to also try and lend a hand here and there.

This is the opposite of what the thread is about neh?

Edit = Typos ... as usual. <;D