The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

What is the nicest thing you have ever done for a random player?

• MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know. I don't spend a lot of time dwelling and reflecting on my own niceness. If I can help someone out I can; if I can't or am short on time, I don't. I have no idea what my nicest behavior might have been. I just hope I've occasionally left a good impression with people and helped encourage them to help others out as well.
    DrWhispy wrote: »
    That and I love sending random players Yerba Mate just for fun.

Oh man, Ive been at work for 12 hours. Mind sending me some IRL?
    Edited by MasterSpatula on October 31, 2019 2:27AM
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Judas Helviaryn
    Judas Helviaryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure about the nicest thing I've done for someone else, but the nicest thing someone did for me was @redspecter23 taking me along on my first vet dungeon (Darkshade Caverns) back when the only vet version was the engine guardian one. I was a new guildie at the time, and while I dropped from the Bal Busters some amount of time later, I'm honestly starting to miss them.

I just don't play often enough to stay active in any guilds now.

I topped out at 3k DPS, by the way. Just.. *shudders*
    Edited by Judas Helviaryn on October 31, 2019 2:54AM
  • Vhozek
    Vhozek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take their obviously underpriced event item so they don't live with the burden of having to find someone who would buy it for more.
    𝗡𝗼𝘁 𝘀𝗼𝗿𝗿𝘆, 𝗺𝗼𝗱𝘀. 𝗙𝗿𝗲𝗲 𝗕𝗶𝗿𝗱 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴.
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve constructed full sets of training gear and handed them out to people in The Wailing Prison thanks to my portable banker.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IDK, take your pick. I run a DPS/Healer hybrid and have carried a lot of really low DPS groups through content they would never complete with a regular healer. I've helped dozens with their builds and coached them through their first vMA runs. If someone is looking for an item in zone chat and I happen to have it in my inventory I'll usually send it free. I also fished alongside a red without killing him, once.
  • RPGplayer13579
    RPGplayer13579
    ✭✭✭✭
    Open a chest and leave everything inside for the player right behind me. I got the experience and he got free loot.
    My Characters.

Mike Snow - Imperial - Templar - One-Handed and Shield - Tank - Daggerfall Covenant - Commander.
    Catelyn Rivers - Breton - Sorcerer - Destruction Staff - Daggerfall Covenant - Telvanni Magister.
    Ashara Sand - Redguard - Warden - Two-Handed/One-Handed and Shield - Daggerfall Covenant - Heroic.
    Tormund gro-Largash - Orsimer - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Daggerfall Covenant - Furious.
    Lysa Rivers - Breton - Nightblade - Bow/One-Handed and Shield - Vampire - Daggerfall Covenant - Brassy Assassin.

Jon Karstark - Nord - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Ebonheart Pact - Drunk.
    Arya Sand - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Dual Wield - Ebonheart Pact - Assassin.
    Sansa Snow - Impeial - Warden - Destruction Staff/One-Handed and Shield - Ebonheart Pect - Swashbuckler.
    Jojen Reed-Walker - Argonian - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Ebonheart Pact - Melancholy.
    Alys Karstark - Nord - Nightblade - Bow/Dual Wield - Ebonheart Pact - Minstrel.

Nymeria Woods - Bosmer - Nightblade - Bow - Aldmeri Dominion - Thief.
    Brandon Wings - Altmer - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Aldmeri Dominion - Scholar.
    Lyanna Flowers - Altmer - Sorcerer - Sword/Destruction Staff - Aldmeri Dominion - Duchess.
    Marvolo-jo Riddle - Khajiit - Necromancer - Destruction Staff - Aldmeri Dominion - Deadlands Firewalker.
    Obara Woods - Bosmer - Templar - Bow - Werewolf - Aldmeri Dominion - Cheerful.

• JKith
    JKith
    ✭✭✭
    I took 250k gold and went around and gave away $10k to random low-level players. Some declined the random trade request (their loss lol) but most accepted and I gave them $10k. They all really appreciated it!

• ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    HEY! A positive thread! =D Nicest thing i've done was helping a new player by buying them a horse. A small 10k that made a HUGE difference for them right out of the gate. Why I did it? Someone else had done the same for me too, and that was my very first ESO experience! On my first day here I met wonderful people like that, so I wanted to give that feeling to someone else. I hope it worked =)
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do nice things all the time. It didn’t occur to me that it was a problem to help until one day someone declined my trade and said something like, “whoa I’m not interested.” They had a female avatar and I was trying to give them gold for a mount because they had said something about not being able to keep up.

Now I just do nice things for guild mates. Sometimes I’ll sent a random person in zone chat the thing they were asking for. “Anyone have any worms? Where do I even get mountain flower?? I need this recipe for a writ” etc
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • yRaven
    yRaven
    ✭✭✭✭
    There was one time when i was doing a Veteran Arx Corinium, someone wanted a leg of something.

On the end i got it and give it to him, he asked if someone wanted something too and the DPS said he only wanted a Hunding Rage Chest, he was just being funny but... I crafted it, purple it, enchanted it and send it to him by mail anyway.

Said it was a early christmas gift to him :D
    Jack of all trades. Master of at least one.
    -
    Àrës - Magicka Dragonknight (EP)
    Persephónē - Magicka Warden (EP)
    Athēna - Magicka Templar (EP)
    Hādēs - Magicka Necromancer (EP)
    Hërmës - Runner Troll (EP)
  • yRaven
    yRaven
    ✭✭✭✭
    Beyond that i ignore people running horses on Imperial CIty, it's a easy Ambush target but i'm such a saint
    Jack of all trades. Master of at least one.
    -
    Àrës - Magicka Dragonknight (EP)
    Persephónē - Magicka Warden (EP)
    Athēna - Magicka Templar (EP)
    Hādēs - Magicka Necromancer (EP)
    Hërmës - Runner Troll (EP)
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first year or so of the game when someone asked for something in zone chat if I had it I would send it to them telling them they could pay whatever they could afford and not to go broke trying to pay me. Only got burned twice doing that and one was by a guild mate.

I often send players 10k gold if they are helpful in zone chat and when someone asks for common items to complete a writ or something I usually just send them 100 telling them to enjoy. Having a crafting bag allows me to do that without taking much of a chunk out of my inventory.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't view this as "nice", per se...more like just helping fellow players.

I give away stuff all the time. That's what's really nice about events like this for me. I could be a millionaire many times over, but if I get something I don't need, I just can't bring myself to charge for it. I've given away so many Dubious recipes it would spin your head! That goes for mats as well. If I see someone in chat wanting to buy two tempers, for example, I'll just give them up.

I typically will craft for free with my mats, if i have them. And if not, I'll ask for mats to be provided.

While ESO isn't as bad as some games, I've seen my share of scamming and players taking advantage of others.

Here's a tame example. There's a PS4 player (no naming and shaming) who sits in Elden Root all day spamming chat saying she'll craft charging 5k with thier mats. And if anyone calls her out on it, she calls them welfare cases. (Typically, players craft for free if mats are provided, and if not, then they charge. Not both.)

I just like being a counter to that type of behavior.
    Edited by Kel on October 31, 2019 4:47AM
  • chrightt
    chrightt
    ✭✭✭✭
    I sat through 5 hours of vet DLC dungeon teaching the team the mechanics for moon hunter keep at every darn boss. It was tiring especially cause of the low DPS, but no one gave up so I stuck through it.
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was the tank in vet dungeon and I don't do any dmg. There was one player that was clearly new and didn't do any dmg either in the party, I asked if someone needed to do the optional boss and he said yes, but the others left. I helped him and it took soooo muuuuch tiiiime. But he was so happy he started celebrating in the chat, apparently killing the boss between 2 players was very epic for him.

After that, just random staff, generally I help with WBs even if the player doesn't have the quest, give free stuff away, etc. I think it's the most fun experience and what makes me come back to the game, so nice thread :P
    Edited by Loves_guars on November 1, 2019 5:34PM
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, the people not know it, since i was just watching from the shadows, but not ended many people at Cyrodiil who were fishing and clearly doing the Master Angler achievement. So i always let them continue in peace haha.

Oh and during PVP events at Cyrodiil i help pve people at quest hubs when they get repeatedly ganked or swarmed by small groups of enemies so i go in there to gank the gankers. And clearing the quest house at Bruma so they could return their quests.

Little things like that. Maybe makes someones gametime a bit better, horse simulator back to where they were at can take a while at Cyrodiil after deaths.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play mainly PvP so I didn't killed him because I saw he's questing. In general when you're not tying to mess with campaign objectives you are safe.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • ShawnLaRock
    ShawnLaRock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kind of an opposite post - but I am humbled by the community vibe in Elsweyr XBOX NA this eve at how many achievements I just ticked due to generous players in zone. I am floored! I will mos def pay it forward & keep this All-Hallows-Eve vibe going! Much appreesh!!!

S.
  • Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A poor soul was desparately looking for ww bite. For 3 or 1 hours, I cant remember which one. I was in bankorai for unrelated bussiness. I hoped to my sub-50 BG ww toon that I was levdling, spend my last skill point on bite passive and turned him ww.
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Demolishing or tanking a world boss probably.
  • Nova Sky
    Nova Sky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been known to initiate a game of hide-and-seek in certain zones now and then — and when a player succeeds in finding me, I've given him/her anywhere from 25,000 gold to 50,000 gold.
    "Wheresoever you go, go with all of your heart."
  • SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Made free purple training gear included jewlery for a lowbie I ran into lvling at spellscar...
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Setting players up with a full set of either blue or purple training gear from time to time.

Helped people out with free research gear.

Free Vampire bite and a few free Double bloody Mara drinks to quite a few players.

Bought things via COD more than a few times and had the seller forget to set the mail up as a COD mail just sending an ordinary mail with no fee attached, I always make a point of sending them the gold for the items.

Stuck it out with more than a few PUG groups as the tank in dungeons when the DPS are little on the low damage side when the previous tank and a large number of healers abandoned them, I don't do it as often as I use to though.

Helped a few people get monster helms and been helped in return. Along with set farming in group content, gave away a few of those flame staffs from city of ash Burning something set and other rare ish drops I don't need, always check to see if someone in the group need the item before leaving, even if know one has said there gear farming.

Occasionally given away stacks of repair kits or purple food, sometimes mats/glyphs/intricates to help people level crafting.

Paid slightly higher for stuff in guild stores when I know the seller or know they have bought stuff off me in the past.

Usually provide TTC MM info for price checks in zone or if I think someone is trying to sell something for way to high.

Other than that just the occasional helping finishing dolmens, world bosses with random players I see in trouble out in the overland.

Send all the treasure maps I get to a guild member for a lot in the weekly trade guild auctions, regularly donate all my extra recipes from daily writs to the guild bank along with extra motif page I don't need.

Never really thought about it, its just a part of how I play the game, had plenty of help while playing, see no reason not to return the favor to others from time to time.

I am still not the most social person prefer to do my own thing in game but will help out others when I see them in trouble or they ask for help.
  • caperb
    caperb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Invest some time in them. Craft some gear for their playstyle, help them with content which is too hard, teach them basic mechanics and advise them how to reach their goals. Usually takes a couple of hours, but I always hope this player feels welcomed and won't leave the game after a couple of sessions.
    Gave them 10k for a horse
    ZonasArch wrote: »
    HEY! A positive thread! =D Nicest thing i've done was helping a new player by buying them a horse. A small 10k that made a HUGE difference for them right out of the gate. Why I did it? Someone else had done the same for me too, and that was my very first ESO experience! On my first day here I met wonderful people like that, so I wanted to give that feeling to someone else. I hope it worked =)

I did this too in the past, but a horse is now a part of the level up rewards. Of course I only discovered it after someone told me the money I gave him was wasted since he got one for free anyway.
  • Eliahnus
    Eliahnus
    ✭✭✭
    I gave 10k gold to buy a horse. For me this amount is peanuts, for that guy it was the world.
  • tahol10069
    tahol10069
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just try to be conciderate in general. If I see low-levels in the same delve/public dungeon, I try to make sure they get a hit to the mobs and bosses instead of burning them down under their noses. I don't ninja loot your coffer if you are killing mobs next to it (there is a special place in hell for people who do that), or run to a node you were gonna farm. I unsummon my flappy bird in town (and if I forget I'm deeply ashamed for it). Things like that. One would think all that is given, but it doesn't seem to be for what I've witnessed.
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don’t think I have done anything as awesome as the people in my guild did by inviting me to join.

Trying to slowly pay it forward tho. Organising World Boss, trials and arena runs to help people get their skulls, putting the various drinks in the guild bank for the achievements

This game is just full of really great people.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I gave some of them WW skill line for free (back in the days when WW was an actual gift, today it is a curse really)...

Also I think I gave to some random player some runebox fragments leftovers I had no use for, since I already unlocked the colectible.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on October 31, 2019 7:45AM
  • TempPlayer
    TempPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    During the event that involve new style pages. Once I'm done, I just go to the first alliance zone and offer to trade what I had with other. It was fun. I ends up trading so many pages back and forth during the anniversary event.
  • Pennylong
    Pennylong
    ✭✭✭
    Bought a random person who asked for a wayshrine port Elsweyr before the event ended.